CAP 4 CAP 4 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm voting for Wyverii, mainly because her style seems completely true to the Nintendo standard.
As much as I love so many of the sprites, I've got to agree with this. While some of them have looked a bit more interesting, none of them have really looked as well-polished or as realistic as Wyverii's. Props to her.

From left to right (starting from the top)

Regular DLL: No explanation, tried fixing up the thumb like (I believe it was paradox) suggested, also changed the shading on a certain spot

Candy DLL: Same changes as the regular DLL

Reverse Candy DLL: I don't remember who suggested it, I don't much care for it =/

Dark Candy DLL: I like this one, but not as much as the regular candy DLL

Black Widow DLL: This was my favourite of dougs shinies so I tried it out, I made the head a little too bright IMO...

Father Christmas Long Legs: I thought it was a neat idea, not my favourite though :(

Spiderman DLL: Probably my favourite yet, I can't believe how well this turned out ._.

Whitegold DLL: The most popular of dougs shinies from what I saw, so I tried it, it's okay I guess ._.

Thumbs up to the thumb! :P

And Reverse Candy would only work if you made the head pink, too. (Or white, or red, or dark blue, or whatever. Just something that's not the exact same color as the head-ring.)

Spiderman DLL is actually pretty fantastic. xD

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
A few things:

Your hands are too small. Make them larger in comparison to the arms/wrists.

The head looks quite flat and not shaded.

Your hand in the front is way to square, and doesn't flow.

Other than that nice job.

Ok, I made the front "Too Square" hand rounder and more natural, increased the contrast of the head shading, and made the pointer finger bigger. i also removed the right-most leg and put it behind and out of view. i will make the shiny version as soon as i have perfected this one.

what to do now? : )

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I really like them all (the blue hands on one of them are a little dark...) My favorite is probably the last one. Gray/green/vomit/etc.

If this isn't a prime example of the fact I have no life, I don't know what is >>
Oh my god, Atyroki, those are amazing! That shading thing really made all the difference.

I think you'd do well to do the Bumblebee one, unless you want to take a chance with the no pupils thing and submit the Spiderman one. Except, then everybody's going to use the shiny instead of the normal one … ._.

They are all good Atyroki. I think you and DJD will have the same problem: picking which sprite to officially submit into the contest.

Here is an update on my front sprite. I looked over some minor problems I had with parts of it, like the head and the sludge. The dirt is still bugging me, but it's about as good as I can get it using only that space and two colors.

The coloring was changed. I like it much more like this, but opinions maybe? Here's the new male version:

New:
Old:

EDIT- Now the drill is bugging me. I'll figure out how to fix that later.

Comments?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

If this isn't a prime example of the fact I have no life, I don't know what is >>
First one: Regular DLL, right?
7th one: Could be the female sprite!
2nd one: Could be the male shiny. It just needs the pupils.
8th one: Female shiny? Seems fine to me.

CTI

black
Here is an update on my front sprite. I looked over some minor problems I had with parts of it, like the head and the sludge. The dirt is still bugging me, but it's about as good as I can get it using only that space and two colors.

The coloring was changed. I like it much more like this, but opinions maybe? Here's the new male version:

New:
Old:

EDIT- Now the drill is bugging me. I'll figure out how to fix that later.

Comments?
I prefer the old one better. Dunno why, I just do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)