CAP 4 CAP 4 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Wyverii, the front is amazing, the only problem I have is with the eyes. It looks like they're looking right at you. Same goes for Doug's sprite.

See what I mean? Compared the eyes to one of these:

Even Mew was looking at the "opponent".
The only ones I could think of that actually looked right at you were:

And Spiritomb is a SLIGHTLY. I guess Alakazam just looks like that because of the pose, but I just don't find the eye placement very Pokemon-ish. This is also why I'm not a very big fan of DJD's, sorry.

For the backsprite, the hand just seems very...awkward, as if they're just there. I think that maybe another in there, or a different pose would be better.

And guys, this wasn't meant offensively, it was supposed to be constructive criticism. :)

Wrong frontsprite cyberzero, however I saw no problem fixing that minor problem. It's rather difficult to take on any advice telling me to scrap the backpose since the deadline's riding right up on me right now. It's neigh impossible to gather up any will to do a backsprite anyway because they're so insanely awkward. Even some of Nintendo's backsprites look plain off.

You know what Doug's frontsprite reminds me of? Dragon Quest. It has the same sort of pose where it's coming right towards the screen.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Wrong frontsprite cyberzero, however I saw no problem fixing that minor problem. It's rather difficult to take on any advice telling me to scrap the backpose since the deadline's riding right up on me right now. It's neigh impossible to gather up any will to do a backsprite anyway because they're so insanely awkward. Even some of Nintendo's backsprites look plain off.

You know what Doug's frontsprite reminds me of? Dragon Quest. It has the same sort of pose where it's coming right towards the screen.
Here is my current set of sprites for submission. I still have some coloring changes I should make to the front sprites, and I need to incorporate Wyverii's feedback into the back sprites. But, I'm not sure when I'll get the time to do it, and I know the sprite poll is just around the corner. I wanted to make sure I have a legal submission posted. Here they are:

I'm making an entirely new backsprite anyway after seeing dougs ._.

(Goddamn it >>)

My friend suggested I make the whole pupils/no pupils thing a gender
difference, that way everyone can get what they want =/

That better then my old backsprite? ._.
OK, here are all the front sprites. Backsprites will hopefully be up within the hour:

OK, the backsprites are up now. As you may or may not see, the ball and socket joints from before have been more or less hidden. Thinking about it from a realistic point of view, the majority of the ball would be inside the DLL, with only a small part of the sphere portruding. If more was showing, the ball would pop out. With that in mind, I tries to make them there but not as big. I'll be fooling around with the shading more later, as it isn't as good now.

I said this before, but the shiny coloring is new. I like it more than any of my previous ones, but still not that much. Whatever.

If you highlight some of my old sprites, you may notice little white spots on them. This is because when I used the transaprency tool on Photobucket, it didn't get rid of all of the white background. This is no longer an issue thanks to my discovery of Paint.NET, which is basically Photoshop (which is free as well? since when?) for all intents and purposes.

Comments please.

Okay, so I changed some of the colors on mine, and removed the sludge (he looked poison enough without it) to hopefully make it easier to differentiate mine from EM's.

Also, tennis, I don't intend to call it all my own. EM will still get credit for making the outline and some of the pallet.
Ok, I finally found a good color for the shinies. And I finished my backsprites. Woo hoo. Here is the entire set:

I think they turned out pretty good. The backsprites were so much easier to make since I didn't need to worry about all those freaking arms. :D I'll probably still keep working on perfecting them(shading, pixel errors, etc., especially for the front set), but for the most part they're done. Again, any and all comments, criticizm, etc. is very much appreciated ( especially since these sprites haven't gotten much attention at all <:'( ), it all helps.
Ok, here are all the full sets of sprites that are going through to the poll. Good luck to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)