CAP 4 CAP 4 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiny colorations done!

I suppose I have to do a back sprite now. Drat.

I'd like opinions on the shiny palette, it's easy to change. Also, i am not trying to steal DJD's thunder, I was going for a "Gold and Silver"-type theme. To be honest, though, the Silver looks too bright to me. we'll see if anyone agrees.

V 2.0

Featuring arm circles, spikes, wristbands, and a subdued colour scheme on the arms >>

Edit: V 3.0

(Because fuck you beej)

Edit 2: Which shinies better, the former, or this one

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There's something about that sprite thats odd, I think that the hands are too small and the wrists/arms are too thick.
Also, it looks like its telling you to fuck off with the middle arms.

V 2.0

Featuring arm circles, spikes, wristbands, and a subdued colour scheme on the arms >>

Edit: V 3.0

(Because fuck you beej)

Edit 2: Which shinies better, the former, or this one

Make the Arms smaller. Make the Wrist bands a bit smaller.

Make the hands on the ground open, Not in a fist.

I like it overall, It looks like a Sp. attacker.

There's something about that sprite thats odd, I think that the hands are too small and the wrists/arms are too thick.
Also, it looks like its telling you to fuck off with the middle arms.
All the more reason to vote for it :3

I like the big arms more personally =/

@LOLMUDKIPZ: I'll try making the hands open, but eh

I could only do one hand (Thanks beeeej)

But I did a ton of stuff to the other hands, which according to my picky friend, makes it looks tons better
so here

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
All the more reason to vote for it :3

I like the big arms more personally =/

@LOLMUDKIPZ: I'll try making the hands open, but eh

I could only do one hand (Thanks beeeej)

But I did a ton of stuff to the other hands, which according to my picky friend, makes it looks tons better
so here

I'm really glad you went with my tips on this. I really think you've made a winner here. In fact you've got my vote.

There was a little too much black in a certain spot, cleaned it up >>

LOL@ the "Fuck you" sign! even more Detailed.

I love it, You're getting my vote after you open up the Other hand and Fix the Open hand better, it looks like it's holding itself by fingers which is going to break/trip his into pieces.

The Shiny doesn't look pokemon-ish, Try making it darker.

But I love that shiny, and it's recoloured after clamperl, how the hell does it
not look pokemon-ish? .______.

and the reason the one arm is closed is that I have NO ROOM to open it ._.

I could try though >>

But I love that shiny, and it's recoloured after clamperl, how the hell does it
not look pokemon-ish? .______.

and the reason the one arm is closed is that I have NO ROOM to open it ._.

I could try though >>

Try again.

and At least make the Lighter blue colouring on its forehead darker, perhaps, darker than the blue color over his body.

The bright blue head is my favourite part, it makes it look like candy D:
I see that color scheme of baby blue/pink and cannot help but think of Wario. (Lower/most left one). Respectively, we know him as Cotton Candy Wario :D

What I'm trying to say here is, it's more of an alternate coloring than actually looking like it's shiny. That's what most are. Personally, when I see the colors of him, I picture the shiny being in the vein of Garchomp, Froslass, etc. IE, the tone is different and not entirely other colors. (Mayhaps someone might want to try out one like that?)

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Eh, there are MANY cases where the difference in coloring between a normal and shiny pokemon are very drastic, Crobat and Porygon-Z to name two. I actually like the candy coloring a lot.

Even though I moved the legs in, there wasn't enough room for an open hand
on the right side, HOWEVER, I was able to change the left hand... and if
anyone says it looks funny, fuck you, that's an actual hand I pixeled over T_T

I see that color scheme of baby blue/pink and cannot help but think of Wario. (Lower/most left one). Respectively, we know him as Cotton Candy Wario :D
Lol, that's my favourite Wario Costume in brawl as well >>

Even though I moved the legs in, there wasn't enough room for an open hand
on the right side, HOWEVER, I was able to change the left hand... and if
anyone says it looks funny, fuck you, that's an actual hand I pixeled over T_T

Lol, that's my favourite Wario Costume in brawl as well >>

It's now a Part Human and Spider.

Spiderman.

Fix his Open hand, it looks too Humanly.

I'd also like to note that there were 2 other hands that I pixeled over, so fu T_T

Edit:

Better now? D: You gusy are killing me

I'd also like to note that there were 2 other hands that I pixeled over, so fu T_T

Edit:

Better now? D: You gusy are killing me
No. Make the Fingers fatter or less Humanly.

and Put it back what it was before on the Black lines part

I DONT GET WHAT UR SAAAYING *cries*

The right hand is better now, and if you deny that you're silly, but umm...

What are you going on about with the black lines thing :(

Edit: DOES ANYONE LIKE THIS

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thats better. Darken up the pink in the shiny a tad, its too bright. Or alternatly make it pink with blue elbows.

Atyroki, this is so minor you can't believe it. Like a few pixels. But it's really bothering me. See how on the lower left (its front rightmost) hand, its thumb kind of goes out nice and finger-shaped for a bit, but then there's that little pokey bit sticking out at the end, kind of like a nail? Could you get rid of that, and just round out that thumb, make it more smooth? I think it'd look better that way.

Also, I agree that the shiny is a little bit too shiny. :P
Perhaps just darken it a little, or maybe try to strike a balance between it and your other shiny? It's just that it hurts my eyes a bit, as it is.

Atyroki, I feel like that purple/pink part below the head looks like it's the bottom part of its mouth. Like the area between the drill and the actually head.

I dunno that's bugging me a little. Everything else is fine so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)