CAP 4 CAP 4 - Art Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
ok that's great news. I think I'll hold out on posting the art poll until tomorow morning (Roughly 15 Hours time) so that I can get a bit more feedback on the poll from this thread. The plan so far is:
Poll 1: 20+ Entrants, 3 votes each, bold voting.
Poll 2: 10 Entrants Max. Clicky poll, you can choose multiple options.
Poll 3: 2-5 Entrants. Regular clicky poll. Winner takes all.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here's the Death Worm, fully colored

Here's the combo spider, fully colored

I decided to replace the obnoxious skull and crossbones with crystals, because they really were quite distracting.

And here's my final submission, an oil skater!

I was trying to think of something that looked bulky but could still move quickly, while not looking physical-based. I was marathoning Princess Tutu at the time, and I suddenly thought an ice-skating pokemon would've been a cool idea for a future pokemon. I then realized that instead of ice, our pokemon would be able to glide over oil. That would give it the ability to move as fast as it wanted to without being restricted by its bulkiness.

The reason this design has bones on its body is because it's a fossil fuel pokemon :P.

Okay, that's all of my designs. Personally though, I'm rooting for Cartoons! design. It's quite unique.

EDIT: If anyone else has any other color schemes for my designs, by all means suggest them. I'm horrible at color choices.

OK that's great news. I think I'll hold out on posting the art poll until tomorrow morning (Roughly 15 Hours time) so that I can get a bit more feedback on the poll from this thread. The plan so far is:
Poll 1: 20+ Entrants, 3 votes each, bold voting.
If you're going to do a 20+ entrant involving picture, it would be wise to place every entry as links text. Time-consuming maybe but it means no page stretching madness. It's up to you on have you're going to manage this really.

Cyzir~ The oil skater is an unqiue conpect and sure to get some attention on the poll. There's nothing wrong with the color choices in my opinion.

Oh man, this poll is gonna be so intense.

Btw Cyzir those color schemes are pretty good =D
except your deathworm's color design doesn't really scream poison to me :p
But maybe just being a deathworm is enough to be poison? lol
I really like it though.

I was trying to think of something that looked bulky but could still move quickly, while not looking physical-based. I was marathoning Princess Tutu at the time, and I suddenly thought an ice-skating pokemon would've been a cool idea for a future pokemon. I then realized that instead of ice, our pokemon would be able to glide over oil. That would give it the ability to move as fast as it wanted to without being restricted by its bulkiness.

The reason this design has bones on its body is because it's a fossil fuel pokemon :P.
It looks like it's gonna trip though. xD But I love your idea, especially the bones.

Woopa! I only colored the one on the right for fear of the deadline lol, but yeah i hope it gets the idea across and looks pretty cool at the same time, hope people like my Moley Mole lol.:D

Here's the combo spider, fully colored

*ART*

I decided to replace the obnoxious skull and crossbones with crystals, because they really were quite distracting.

And here's my final submission, an oil skater!

*ART*

Okay, that's all of my designs. Personally though, I'm rooting for Cartoons! design. It's quite unique.

EDIT: If anyone else has any other color schemes for my designs, by all means suggest them. I'm horrible at color choices.
I have to say Cyzir, I'm impressed with the Spider and Oil Skater. The spider was iffy for me at first because the sketch was rough, but with the new color scheme it really jumps out as cool to me.

The Oil Skater is just plain original. I don't know how much of a fan base it will grab, but I can definately say I like it. The Fossil Fuel reference also made me smile. :P
The color schemes for both also seem great too me.

I've gotta say Cyzir, you do a fantastic job in every CAP you're in. You are one of the few artists (very few, like maybe 2) that I really look foreward to seeing every submission thread.

Your first two entries are alright, but that skater is brilliant. It gives off this Jynx-like "I know I look weird, but I will mess your day up" vibe that seems awesome for a utility. Skating on oil is a very creative way to explain the speed too.

The mole looks like it could do a lot of the support options but it doesn't look that speedy unfortunately.

I'm really liking the oil skater. My personal favorite is the Daddy Long-legs but I think the skater is probably a close second.

My idea with the mole was that its dominant type would be ground, however the plant on its stomach which sort of lives off the moles body has some seriously serious poisonous pollen lol. I Absolutely adore Loraks latest design it looks awesome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)