CAP 3 CAP 3 Sprite Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
In my opinion, Wyverii has the most detailed front pose Sprite, and Koa has best back pose Sprite...:X

This is certainly going to be a tough decision...

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Do we do that? I just assumed that the artist who won the front pose would submit his back pose, since different front pose sprites would obviously have different proportions for their back pose sprites...

dot dot dot

DOT DOT DOT

KoA: I think you've over-dithered your back pose. I'd personally remove it from the hair and skin, the wood parts are fine. I'd also remove the lower outline of the eye and put some lighter shades near the corners so that it doesn't have that wide glaring eye look. The last thing is since the mouth is obscured by the arm it was a wasted effort to make the mouth open and it's difficult to see, you might as well just close it. I'm looking forward to your icon if you can get it done. ;p

You know what, i'd love to do a collab with KoA sometime. I'm sure if we mixed the better of our talents together you'd get something you'd all could agree on.

As for mixing front/back sprites I don't think it would really work because of compatibility issues.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Finally finished my backsprites. Whew, that's a load off my shoulders. Here's the whole gang:

I dunno, I might make a miniparty sprite tomorrow if I'm up to it ;x
Those back sprites are fantastic! Wow.

Or we could just vote separately on front and back sprites...
Sprites are voted as a set. For the sake of consistency in style, color, and design -- it's a "package deal".

koa your back sprites own and they just put me back in the position i was at the beginning >_<. [off topic] dougjustdougs post count is 666! *gets a cross*

well, i know hwo ill vote for *cough* wyverii *cough*
EDIT: sorry this was an unfair post i really think all of you are good but wyverii is just a bit better. really KoA T.I.B.M and all the others are great =)

I once again prefer Wyverii's sprites on the matter of the back pose.
I believe what's happening is that everyone is so overexcited by the looks of this pokemon ("ooooh look at the fiery holes on its back") that they forgot about the consistency on the sprites. The backpose is supposed to mime the frontpose, only with a backview, wich Wyverii's is doing.

Finished the back-sprites, nothing left to do really. Hope you like them!
Oh and thanks GroudonSage for your comments, nice to know someone liked the sprites.

to be honest TIBM, i think your sprite is great. i don't think it needs male/female variation though. the one with long hair is just so much more badass.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What is it about those charcoal-black shiny Fire types that make them so damn sexy? Charizard and Camerupt are two of the coolest shinies in the game -- because of that awesome charcoal coloring. KOA has continued the tradition with his shinies. Nice job KOA....

i was sure that i was going to vote for wyverii, but then of looking the excellent back sprite and noticed that its sprites looks like wargreymon IMO, i will strugle deciding betweeen wyverii and KoA...

Gah this is going to be tough--KoA and Wyverii have made two fantastic sprites. I dunno though, that back sprite kind of clinched it for me--KoA all the way!

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Well, I took note of the whole dithering issue (I kinda thought I used too much on them backposes) and eliminated most of the dithering, leaving only the arms and just a tiiiiiiny bit in the hair because I liked it there.

I believe what's happening is that everyone is so overexcited by the looks of this pokemon ("ooooh look at the fiery holes on its back") that they forgot about the consistency on the sprites. The backpose is supposed to mime the frontpose, only with a backview, wich Wyverii's is doing.

;o

These are only examples I could remember off the top of my head, so there's most likely more; but front and back sprites do not always mirror each other in terms of positioning.

In most cases it seems that way mostly due to relatively neutral standing poses being sprited as just as neutral back poses.

I only made the backsprite the way I did because I wanted to show what is going on back there so, for instance, that a random battler who has never seen Elagune's sketches of Woodman has a general idea of what the whole thing looks like overall when they use it on the server.

Wyverii, a collab effort sounds nice to me, even though I've never done something of that sort.

Also, don't expect an animation. I most likely won't be doing one this time around. In Syclant's case, I was overzealous and went the whole 9000 yards and sprited anything I could think of in regards to him @_@. I might do one later on down the road for fun (the same with Revenankh) but no time soon anyway.

Wyvreii's Front looks better, KoA's back looks better. KoA's shiny pallette is better too, although Wyvreiis looks badass.

Finally finished my backsprites. Whew, that's a load off my shoulders. Here's the whole gang:

I dunno, I might make a miniparty sprite tomorrow if I'm up to it ;x
KoA's back sprites are AMAZING...

But the front ones: It looks more like the thing has a huge sack tied to its neck, and the head is slightly weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)