SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Since we're getting some form of news at the closing ceremony in a few hours, and Worlds reveals are often about something competitive-relevant, hopefully we'll learn something about these special terastal forms if they exist.

It would also be very ironic if this "pk-hex lite" that Khu hinted at forever ago was revealed at the worlds where they DQ'd a ton of players for using illegal mons. :P

Can see the new tea having something competitively useful, too. Either ability or move

The TM situation could also see comments. Like "returning moves to shake up the game!" would be a good one, maybe alongside new ones...?

More details on the official site too.
Psychic Noise is a Psychic type Special move that is just Heal Block that also does damage. Dunno if it's spread or not yet.
Upper Hand is a Fighting type Physical move that fails if the target isn't using an increased Priority Move. It also always flinches if it hits.
Raging Bolt's Thunderclap is an Electric type Special Move that is literally just Sucker Punch. (Fails if the target isn't using an attacking move)
Iron Crown's Tachyon Cutter is a Steel type Special Move hits twice as well as it never misses.

Last edited:
Game freak. Who hurt you. What is that Psychic Noise. Why.
As far as I know, the main issue they had with healing moves was that in BSS/VGC there were people legitimately using full timer stall strategies in the past. Which luckily never made it to worlds events, but they were indeed pretty boring to go against.
Upper Hand is a Fighting type Physical move that fails if the target isn't using an increased Priority Move.
Man this is going to fuck up Prankster pokemon the most.
Unfortunately though the 3 most important prankster users (Thundurus, Tornadus, Whimsicott) resist it, and the 4th (Grimmsnarl) is still neutral to it.

But hey at least now you can actually fuck over Kingambit, tera aside. With MORE MINDGAMES xD (I am sorry OU players) as this is literally reverse Sucker Punch

Sorry what

Khu is a bigot???
are you really surprised a twitter user is a bigoted person

khu's called people autistic as an insult and straight up been racist, and the leak community will continue to gobble on his nob since it's more obsessed with figuring out what a type of a pokemon is than having the self respect of not having to obsess over the guy after he blatantly does this for attention

cya

When Khu said his favourite Tera hat is in the DLC, now I don't know whether he means Ogerpon's special hat or the 19th "Prismatic" Tera type's.

Yup, the 19th Tera type looks like Terapagos-Terastal's actual type all right.

Now we're madly speculating how that 19th Tera type actually works (latest speculation is that it actually isn't Legend Plate Tera due to only being neutral against Dragonite, it also isn't All 18 Types Offensively At Once since it's neutral instead of blocked against Dragonite...typeless/??? is gaining traction).

Now how does Terapagos's Terastal form work...changes form only if it Terastallizes into the 19th Tera type (complete with Tera Grass Terapagos staying Terapagos-Normal)? Changes form the moment any mon in your party Teras?

The self-righteousness of that user is lame as hell, and swooping into threads you don't participate in just to dunk on everyone in there as if you're above them is even worse. (How else would you know all this about Khu if you yourself weren't on Twitter?)

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people don't actually keep up with the person close enough to know anything about him or his social politics. He's just a leaker. Hell, I don't even have a Twitter, which is why I come here for the news.

edit: lol that man reacted in less than two minutes to this post (in which I did not tag him) in a thread he claims to have left. Please find peace.

Last edited:
View attachment 542382

Something I was just given attention to. In game, just before you Tera, every move that is boosted has the Rainbow Line around it. As you see here, every move is boosted here. So maybe this 19th Tera Type boosts all moves?
I'm also curious about Revelation Dance as well.
Yeah makes sense it would give all stab. I think the concept is definitely an all type/typeless kind of thing. Though I wonder what it’ll actually do to the Pokémon’s type itself. Maybe true neutral to everything?

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 542382

Something I was just given attention to. In game, just before you Tera, every move that is boosted has the Rainbow Line around it. As you see here, every move is boosted here. So maybe this 19th Tera Type boosts all moves?
I'm also curious about Revelation Dance as well.
I don't think it boosts every move. When you Terastallize, all moves, even if not boosted by the Tera Type the Pokemon is about to transform into, will have a glimmer around them complete with an outline of the color scheme of the Tera Type. Like for example, if it's Tera Grass, all moves will have a Grass Green line around them.

So really the Rainbow is actually just supposed to be the color scheme of this supposed new Tera Type. This new Tera Type, which we do not know the name of at present, or its interaction properties for that matter, is represented in game by a rainbow color scheme.

What is interesting however is whether this is just a new Tera Type, or if it's a new type in general. If it's a flat out new type, I could see it being the main type of Terapagos in at least one of its forms considering it seems to be the harbinger of the Terastal phenomenon and its lore is heavily implied to be tied to being a master over type properties. Maybe for Ogerpon too, considering Ogerpon also has implied special relations with the Terastal phenomenon.

But definitely at least for Terapagos. Whether it's a general new type that Terapagos will have, and other Pokemon will be able to Terastallize into, or if it's just a Tera type, is an interesting question that I hope is answered soon.

My guess is it's a full neutrality type. Which may sound less cool at first glance, but it could be even more broken than current Tera. Magearna uses Calm Mind and Iron Defense, you can't hit it super effectively, what do you do?

This is supported by the image showing "Effective", not super effective or resisted.

I don't think 19th tera type is going to give STAB to everything, at least not the full STAB boost. There needs to be a reason to still use regular tera, otherwise everything would just run this as its tera type.
The reason could be as simple as "normal tera still has type effectiveness". You get to swing harder with on-brand tera types and you get to have resistances

If I had to guess, maybe all moves get a smaller boost instead of the usual 50% (or 100% for matching type) but for Tera Blast (and likely Revelation Dance too), it'll get the 100% boost and hits neutral to everything. While also being Neutral to everything itself. That's my guess anyways.

I could also see the 19th tera type working like Protean in that you get to transform into one type based on the move you go for, but only on the first time. While a strong option, it would still come with limitations that would not make it too powerful given that Protean isn't as potent in this gen either, and keep the old 18 tera types as viable options. Tera Blast would presumably have a special function, maybe as a perfectly neutral option.

To add on to the theory of a truly neutral typing in this new "Aurora Type", I had another idea. It could possibly have an Omni super effective resistance component...to Tera. In Gen 8, Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eterantus all had signature attacks that were effective against Dynamax, at the cost of not being able to Dynamax. So what if this new type is neutral to everything offensively and defensively, except vs tera. Example...

Non Tera Pikachu vs "Aurora Tera" Eevee= Thunderbolt hits for neutral
Tera Electric Pikachu vs "Aurora Tera" Eevee= Thunderbolt is resisted.
Tera Water Pikachu vs vs "Aurora Tera" Eevee= Thunderbolt is neutral, because it is not Tera Boosted, However Surf is resisted.
"Aurora Tera" Eevee vs Non Tera Pikachu= "Aurora" Tera Blast is neutral
"Aurora Tera Eevee" vs Tera Electric Pikachu= "Aurora" Tera Blast is super effective.
"Aurora" Tera Eevee Vs "Aurora" Tera Pikachu= Could either resist, be neutral, or super effective

Assuming Terapagos is the the source of all Tera, then in theory it shouldn't be weak to its own Power, so in theory this could make sense.

Something to point out in the trailer from worlds. They showed HP bars for Raging Bolt and Iron Crown at level 50. Normally in worlds trailers the Pokémon have max IVs and sometimes EV investment in HP. In the trailer, Iron Crown has a 165 HP stat. Assuming that this is an uninvested Iron Crown, then Iron Crown will likely have base 90 HP stat. As for Raging Bolt, it is shown with 200 HP. If this is 252 HP, then Bolt will have a base 93 HP stat, but if uninvested, it would have a base 125 HP stat.

are you really surprised a twitter user is a bigoted person

khu's called people autistic as an insult and straight up been racist, and the leak community will continue to gobble on his nob since it's more obsessed with figuring out what a type of a pokemon is than having the self respect of not having to obsess over the guy after he blatantly does this for attention

cya
Unfortunately we gotta put up with his shit if we wanna get leaks. Its unfortunate he's like this but he's got the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)