SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
It would be weird if it was Tropius though, Tropius is already in the game.
So was Applin and it got a new evolution. I get what you're saying though. I have no idea what to expect because of not being able to get Wyrdeer and Ursaluna without transferring even though their pre-evolutions are in the game and they were in a game before SV.

I agree that it's unlikely. One problem with a possible Tropius evolution is Eviolite doesn't work on Tropius right now. Making Eviolite work for a Pokemon only after a patch would be an interesting change to happen.

So was Applin and it got a new evolution. I get what you're saying though. I have no idea what to expect because of not being able to get Wyrdeer and Ursaluna without transferring even though their pre-evolutions are in the game and they were in a game before SV.

I agree that it's unlikely. One problem with a possible Tropius evolution is Eviolite doesn't work on Tropius right now. Making Eviolite work for a Pokemon only after a patch would be an interesting change to happen.
Slowpoke-A (&...regular Slowpoke too, iirc) was in the interesting position last game of not getting to use it since it literally couldn't evolve for several more months, then once it could it was fine.

The context was different but the result was the same, so to speak.

e: Ah double checking, Slowpoke-A apparently could use the eviolite. I might have been confusing with the G-Max factor removing the ability to use it with PIkachu, Eevee and Meowth.

Last edited:
Some people in Monotype room postulating that:

Walking Wake effectively took on Raikou's stat spread but retained Suicune's HP (100 to 99)

Iron Leaves took on Terrakion's stat spread (highest stat is Attack, lowest stat is SpA, similar HP and defense)

Meaning that we might be able to expect Iron Crown has a spread similar to Virizion (90/108/70/88/130/104?) and Raging Bolt gets a spread similar to Entei but with roughly Raikou's HP (so either 89 or 91)

:Raikou: 90/85/75/115/100/115
:Walking Wake: 99/83/91/125/83/109

:Terrakion: 91/129/90/72/90/108
:Iron Leaves: 90/130/88/70/108/104

Raging Bolt: ?
:Entei: 115/115/85/90/75/100

:Virizion: 91/90/72/90/129/108
Iron Crown: ? (90/108/70/88/130/104?)

Last edited:
I think people are forgetting that the caduceus symbol Khu posted he explicitly mentioned was **related to Galar** and his white tree riddle. So unless it’s some other Pokémon (say, sandaconda) it is safe to assume it is a Dipplin evo, I think.

Alcremie's been on my mind lately.
It's no tree, but it was the signature mon of Opal who was the Ballonlea leader. It's all twisty like the cadceus symbol AND the White Forest trees, the GMAX move healed itself & its allies. Like Duraludon it has a GMAX, though admittedly it's a cake not a tree (though, notably, also eschews Alcremie's entire gimmick).

I also feel like it'd fit with Lacey's entire aesthetic. Obviously not everyone on that crew is getting a new pokemon, but she's definitely marked as more important than the others (& I bet is relevant for our final treck into Area Zero) so whatever her type speciality is I'm guessing she gets something.

I think people are forgetting that the caduceus symbol Khu posted he explicitly mentioned was **related to Galar** and his white tree riddle. So unless it’s some other Pokémon (say, sandaconda) it is safe to assume it is a Dipplin evo, I think.
The caduceus riddle has nothing to do with the tree. They're entirely separate posts.

Given that Dipplin is noted on the official site as having two worms in the apple when it easily could have just been one, I lean towards the Dipplin evo theory.

As for the white forest, another idea based on my "khu riddles are sometimes more straightforward than expected" observation: If Duraludon, whose gmax is a skyscraper, is represented by the black city, then Snorlax, whose gmax has a literal tree on its belly, could be the white forest in the riddle. Does Snorlax need an evo? Hell no, but I would've said the same thing for Duraludon.

I’m seeing some theories that the new convergent mon may be a variant of Sinistea. We know it’s edible, and we know it goes from purple to green. And I believe Khu has said that Galar is getting a lot of attention in the DLC (Dipplin and Archaludon; Sinistea being the basis for the convergent would be yet another example).

Primarily though, there’s now this:

An official tea set was given out at Worlds, with the date 8.22.2023 printed on it beneath the logo for the DLC. This is very similar to the material given out to influencers in the lead-up to the Grafaiai and Greavard reveals, and it makes sense that the tea set might be related to the Pokémon that will be revealed on that date.

Given that Dipplin is noted on the official site as having two worms in the apple when it easily could have just been one, I lean towards the Dipplin evo theory.

As for the white forest, another idea based on my "khu riddles are sometimes more straightforward than expected" observation: If Duraludon, whose gmax is a skyscraper, is represented by the black city, then Snorlax, whose gmax has a literal tree on its belly, could be the white forest in the riddle. Does Snorlax need an evo? Hell no, but I would've said the same thing for Duraludon.
Considering that Dipplin is based on a candied apple on a stick, I suppose that the staff itself was hinting at the stick.

This is very similar to the material given out to influencers in the lead-up to the Grafaiai and Greavard reveals, and it makes sense that the tea set might be related to the Pokémon that will be revealed on that date.
Remind me (us, I suppose), what exactly was given out prior to Grafaiai and Greavard being revealed?

Are the "Loyal Three" legendary types?

Do we have a closer idea on the total number of new + returning Pokemon for The Teal Mask? Bulbapedia has a good list of all the confirmed ones, which total around 60. Are we looking at another 50-60 new/returning in this DLC?

Any other leaked ones that we know about?

And do we know if Terapagos forms are just in battle forms or if they are different types that can be caught? Wondering if they will do version exclusives for the forms.

Are the "Loyal Three" legendary types?
Yes
Do we have a closer idea on the total number of new + returning Pokemon for The Teal Mask? Bulbapedia has a good list of all the confirmed ones, which total around 60. Are we looking at another 50-60 new/returning in this DLC?

Any other leaked ones that we know about?
We only know for sure what has been shown; the scrubbed dex entries don't give indication of which DLC they'll be in and we have even less to go off of for any Paldean mainline Pokemon.
And do we know if Terapagos forms are just in battle forms or if they are different types that can be caught? Wondering if they will do version exclusives for the forms.
There's only one Terapagaos that we know of, we don't know anything about the forms beyond what has been stated.

I’m seeing some theories that the new convergent mon may be a variant of Sinistea. We know it’s edible, and we know it goes from purple to green. And I believe Khu has said that Galar is getting a lot of attention in the DLC (Dipplin and Archaludon; Sinistea being the basis for the convergent would be yet another example).

Primarily though, there’s now this:

An official tea set was given out at Worlds, with the date 8.22.2023 printed on it beneath the logo for the DLC. This is very similar to the material given out to influencers in the lead-up to the Grafaiai and Greavard reveals, and it makes sense that the tea set might be related to the Pokémon that will be revealed on that date.
It's gonna be a Matcha tea Sinistea rfake, isn't it? The DLC team deciding on the new mons really just went "Ok, we have to have some new legendaries of course, but let's also do the complete opposite of legendaries add a bunch of forms/evos of meme mons."

It's gonna be a Matcha tea Sinistea rfake, isn't it? The DLC team deciding on the new mons really just went "Ok, we have to have some new legendaries of course, but let's also do the complete opposite of legendaries add a bunch of forms/evos of meme mons."
I'm down for more regular Pokemon appearing in DLC expansions, Galarian Slowpoke felt too sparse to cover both the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra, so it's nice to see more.

1691857134175.png

The new "regional fake" being Matcha Sinistea would line up with the the hints of a purple Pokemon getting a regional fake that's green and edible and that apparently one generation is getting all of the attention with new Pokemon, with Galar looking like the candidate.

It could be argued that the Loyal Three are not actually legendaries since they are noted as separate in the press release.

View attachment 542045
They were put in the "Meet the legendary Pokemon" category with Terapagos & Ogrepon, at the very least,

I think it's like the Ruinous Treasures. They have a title they go by and are rarely referred to as "Legendary Pokemon" in the texts, but it still comes up here & there (codenames were sublegend, the title of their song is Ruinous Legend for example).

I think there's slowly been a shift to how they refer to Pokemon like this. You can notice this even back in Gen 7: capital-L "Legendary" gets referred to for the important Legends quite often, but the "sublegends" like the Tapu or Treasures typically just get referred to by their title unless it's a situation like DYnamax Adventures or what have you.

Probably for marketing reasons. You can treat the sublegends as a set with a special title to still denote importance, meanwhile you can actively market the new "major" legends as Wow! The Legendary Pokemon!

Sinischa and Polchageist I guess? That being said, I'm curious as to what the exact typing will be. If the matcha Polteageist isn't a ghost, will it be just some green blobby creature with levitation powers, thus pure Psychic-type? Ofc that'd overlap a bit with the Solosis line, but the concept is different *enough* to where its more excusable.

Serebii has a rundown based on the code labels those have: https://www.serebii.net/pokemon/legendary.shtml

TTBT, for the looks of it, the Ultra Beasts this gen will stop being labeled as legends by the code. They were already not deemed as such in the lore, but, Paradoxes are VERY similar to the UBs (down to the version mascot legendaries being part of them), and aren't coded as legendaries.
Yeah this is why I don't think we'll see them return in the DLC, but does significantly clear up room to add most of the remainder if they want.

Sinischa and Polchageist I guess? That being said, I'm curious as to what the exact typing will be. If the matcha Polteageist isn't a ghost, will it be just some green blobby creature with levitation powers, thus pure Psychic-type? Ofc that'd overlap a bit with the Solosis line, but the concept is different *enough* to where its more excusable.
Maybe they go with Water?
Could be they dont levitate, too.

I don't think it'll be dual type just because its compatriots match up. Diglett is monotype, so is Wiglett. Tentacool is dual type, so is Toedscool.
Feels like a purposeful design decision with these things...but I suppose we only have 2 (4) to go off of so they can do whatever?

Convergents are still a nascent concept, so I’m not sure how much weight to put on the fact that Wiglett and Toedscool retained their respective counterparts’ number of types, but at any rate, I think mono-Water would feel a little too samey after Wiglett, so I’m kinda leaning toward Grass if it has to be a monotype. But I could see them going with any of the aforementioned options, really.

On a related note…

This would make sense if the convergent had a hard-to-get 1% form, since Sinistea has a similar form gimmick.

I kind of preferred the "literally random" aspect to those two than Sinistea so if they wanted to retcon the method to be that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)