SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

My predictions for what the 30 new TMs could be (If they choose to include all IoA tutor moves):
TM172: Raging Fury
TM173: Wave Crash
TM174: Headlong Rush
TM175: Coaching
TM176: Rising Voltage
TM177: Grassy Glide
TM178: Expanding Force
TM179: Misty Explosion
TM180: Burning Jealousy
TM181: Lash Out
TM182: Skitter Smack
TM183: Flip Turn
TM184: Scale Shot
TM185: Corrosive Gas
TM186: Steel Roller
TM187: Terrain Pulse
TM188: Dual Wingbeat
TM189: Poltergeist
TM190: Triple Axel
TM191: Meteor Beam
TM192: Scorching Sands
TM193: Darkest Lariat
TM194: High Horsepower
TM195: Throat Chop
TM196: Superpower
TM197: Mystical Fire
TM198: Scald
TM199: Power Whip
TM200: Future Sight
TM201: New Move

Khu leaked something regarding the Terastal forms.
It seems (considering that he mentions that this is a mix of a fake and real leak) that either

A. The Pokémon who get them will be weaing special masks/hats
or
B. The 7 star raid picks are hints towards who will get them
Well the Pokémon Presents revealed that A is correct. That poses the question of: How will they work and who will get them (aside from Ogerpon).

As for Terapagos, if normal form is actually the baby form and the form you see on the boxart is the terastal form, then what is the form in the S and V books? Is it like Eternamax?

Last edited:
Well the Pokémon Presents revealed that A is correct. That poses the question of: How will they work and who will get them (aside from Ogerpon).

As for Terapagos, if normal form is actually the baby form and the form you see on the boxart is the terastal form, then what is the form in the S ans V books? Is it like Eternamax?
Before Terapagos was even revealed, there was a post highlighting and examining the drawing and showing that the entire entity doesnt seem to be Terapagos but just the top part and it lines up pretty closesly (with some exaggerations) to the terastalized version

Though it is implied to be much bigger (it looked to have a boat in its tail), so obviously its Dynamaxing.

Khu's post-presents breakdown of their recent riddles:

So apparently Dipplin was not riddled at all, and the 'rfake' is something else (watermelon weezing ruled out), as is the 'white forest' mon.

The detective riddle mon is also not revealed. The new 'hint' basically just makes explicit that Khu was referring to the Masters event.

First thing that came to mind regarding the White Forest mon was a Sudowoodo evolution/regional fake, since the Black Tower mon was a cross-gen evo, Dipplin shows Pokemon in the base game can get new evolutions so this isn't off the table. It could also be something like Trevenant or Whimsicott lines based on the leaked list of returning DLC mons but those seem less likely.

I'm rooting for a Trevenant evo, since it was revealed to be in the DLC (which aligns with the scrubbed dex entrees leak). It could be Sudowoodo too, I guess, since it was featured in the photo quest segment, but I would lean more towards it being a real tree. The answers to Khu's riddles are often much more straightforward than they initially seem, so skyscraper -> evo for the building Pokemon seems like it makes a tree evo mon pretty likely.

I’m guessing the Tree Pokémon ties in with the Caduceus staff hint and that both hints are related to Dipplin. Dipplin’s bio on the official SV site mentions that the head and the tail are actually two separate worms. I could see the candy apple evolving into a sort of apple tree with the two Dipplin worms intertwined around it. And, sort of like how G-Slowbro was held back until The Isle of Armor released and G-Slowking was held until The Crown Tundra, perhaps we can’t access the means to evolve Dipplin further until The Indigo Disk drops? It’d be sort of an awkward way to go about it, but they’ve done weirder things.

Meanwhile, I’m wondering if the Pokémon that Perrin is searching for in the Timeless Woods is maybe the “blood moon”/detective-related thing? IIRC Khu gave a hint a while back saying “7 + 8 + 1” which most people seemed to think was referring to the total of new Pokémon in TM + ID + one other, perhaps a Mythical. If that’s really the case, then the 7 Pokémon for Teal Mask are now accounted for (Khu’s 2-stage “edible rfake,” Dipplin, the Loyal Three, and Ogerpon) so whatever Perrin is searching for, assuming it’s not just one of those, would have to be a new alternate form. I saw some clue-cracking yesterday that the blood moon form might be for Ursaluna, which as a Hisuian mon from the Crimson Mirelands would have a connection to Adaman, as Perrin herself does.

Also, if the edible rfake isn’t Koffing, then I guess for now I’ll jump on the Gulpin train, of only because it feels like the easiest of those candidates to translate into a food-themed designed.

I’m guessing the Tree Pokémon ties in with the Caduceus staff hint and that both hints are related to Dipplin. Dipplin’s bio on the official SV site mentions that the head and the tail are actually two separate worms. I could see the candy apple evolving into a sort of apple tree with the two Dipplin worms intertwined around it. And, sort of like how G-Slowbro was held back until The Isle of Armor released and G-Slowking was held until The Crown Tundra, perhaps we can’t access the means to evolve Dipplin further until The Indigo Disk drops? It’d be sort of an awkward way to go about it, but they’ve done weirder things.
They're not going to inexplicably have one branch of Applin's evo-line evolve further than the other 2, if Dipplin evolved further it wouldn't evolve from regular Applin (which it explicitly does), and there's only 1 tree Pokemon, not three.

Last edited:
They're not going to inexplicably have one branch of Applin's evo-line evolve further than the other 2
Why not? Not to say that it’s certainly going to happen or anything, but I think we should know by now that counterpart parity means little to GF. We already have a “soft” example of a Pokémon with branched evos where one branch can go further than the other — Mime Jr. can evolve into either form of Mr. Mime, but for one of those forms, it can evolve further, while for the other, that’s the end of the line. Maybe now they take that idea outside of the regional form space.

Such a scenario could also have a sense of decision-making to it, particularly if the third stage had higher stats than Flapple or Appletun. With those two, you would have the option to give your Applin a big boost in stats right away simply by using the relevant Apple item. Alternatively, you could take the longer process of evolving it into Dipplin and then evolving it futher, with your extra patience and effort being rewarded with a stronger Pokémon.

Last edited:
I do think Dipplin probably won't evolve again. I mean it could, I guess, but I dunno. At that point why not just make it a Kitakami form or """convergent""" or just make whatever the new thing is be the actual 3rd evolution?

It also seems to be treated as the Teal Mask evolution "counterpart" to Archaludon, and seems treated as equal to Flapple & Appletun.

Why not? Not to say that it’s certainly going to happen or anything, but I think we should know by now that counterpart parity means little to GF. We already have a “soft” example of a Pokémon with branched evos where one branch can go further than the other — Mime Jr. can evolve into either form of Mr. Mime, but for one of those forms, it can evolve further, while for the other, that’s the end of the line. Maybe now they take that idea outside of the regional form space.

Such a scenario could also have a sense of decision-making to it, particularly if the third stage had higher stats than Flapple or Appletun. With those two, you would have the option to give your Applin a big boost in stats right away simply by using the relevant Apple item. Alternatively, you could take the longer process of evolving it into Dipplin and then evolving it futher, with your extra patience and effort being rewarded with a stronger Pokémon.
Given the way Khu brought it up like a counterpart scenario, I'm pretty sure it'll be something roughly on Duraludon's level evolving into the "white forest" pokemon. Flapple/Appletun have 485 BST.

And oh would you look at that there's a Grass-type with the exact same BST as Duraludon who also happens to not currently be in the game and whose design is all about twisty bits like the white forest tree:
Tangrowth

(I was intending to just have a picture in here but the image embedder wasn't cooperating.)

Given the way Khu brought it up like a counterpart scenario, I'm pretty sure it'll be something roughly on Duraludon's level evolving into the "white forest" pokemon. Flapple/Appletun have 485 BST.
Right, but that sort of ties in with the second part of my post. Applin3 could have Archaludon-level stats, with Dipplin being somewhere between Applin and Flapple/Appletun’s stat level. In practice, depending in how Applin evolves into Dipplin and beyond, this could make it a sort of “immediate results but less overall power vs. more power in return for playing the long game” situation. Kind of like how Stone evolutions used to be.

Mind you, I don’t actually want the White Forest mon to be a Dipplin evo, personally. I’d be more interested in seeing a different Pokémon be iterated on. The idea of it being a Dipplin evo is just what came to me while trying to weave some of Khu’s clues together.

Tangrowth
I don’t think Tangela was in the datamined list of returning Pokémon, was it? Granted, that list could change in the final release, but thus far, I think the pre-release material has only continued to reinforce it.

Tangela isn't in the list yet, no.

Though we're still missing some Pokemon for the numbers to work properly (there's currently 211 on deck), and they had that update that added the other gen 5 starters to the list. I still imagine that'll be reserved for more legendary Pokemon (the beasts & musketeers at the very least, surely?), but there's wiggle room.

I don't remember if it was on the list but it's nice to see Ekans come back after being Dexited in Gen VIII (unless we count BDSP, which I don't). Until we see Arbok I'm still holding out some hope for a regional form because it's free.

Although I like the Paradox Cobalion better after finding out that brontosaurus means "thunder lizard" Paradox Raikou started to grow on me, at least it sticks to a theme. Wonder what they'll end up doing with Entei before ultimately fusing them together.

A building/skyscraper evolving into a bridge was certainly not on my bingo card but it's cool I guess. The signature move sounds a bit complicated especially considering it's not even STAB, who saw the bridge mon and decided it needed a move that combined SolarBeam + Thunder + Meteor Beam?

Cool stuff overall, certainly more than what I was expecting!

Honestly if it weren't for the flavor text given on the site I'd think it wasn't even a signature move but instead something it can learn naturally, but would wind up being a TM. Even with the flavor (& buildings/bridges do act as lightning rods) it jsut doesnt'....feel particularly relevant to Arch in the way other signature moves do.

But I suppose an electric type special move that raises special attack before hitting you in the rain every turn would, perhaps, be something that gets out of hand. Unless it was pretty weak, anyway

My guess for an Entei paradox form is a Triceratops or related species. The 'lion's mane' of Entei does look similar to the facial structure of a Triceratops. Fire/Ground or Fire/Rock type.

Part of me wonders if Keldeo's just gonna be left out in the cold on the Future side. Granted though, Keldeo already has a form.

On another note, I'm kinda happy that the new 'regional fake' isn't Weezing given that just had a form. Granted that didn't stop Wiglett from existing when Alolan Diglett did, or Galarian Meowth with Alolan Meowth.

My guess for an Entei paradox form is a Triceratops or related species. The 'lion's mane' of Entei does look similar to the facial structure of a Triceratops. Fire/Ground or Fire/Rock type.

Part of me wonders if Keldeo's just gonna be left out in the cold on the Future side. Granted though, Keldeo already has a form.
I'm guessing yeah both Keldeo (&... Ho-Oh, I suppose?) would be left out, with the focus being on the trios.

I don't remember if it was on the list but it's nice to see Ekans come back after being Dexited in Gen VIII (unless we count BDSP, which I don't). Until we see Arbok I'm still holding out some hope for a regional form because it's free.

Although I like the Paradox Cobalion better after finding out that brontosaurus means "thunder lizard" Paradox Raikou started to grow on me, at least it sticks to a theme. Wonder what they'll end up doing with Entei before ultimately fusing them together.

A building/skyscraper evolving into a bridge was certainly not on my bingo card but it's cool I guess. The signature move sounds a bit complicated especially considering it's not even STAB, who saw the bridge mon and decided it needed a move that combined SolarBeam + Thunder + Meteor Beam?

Cool stuff overall, certainly more than what I was expecting!
I think Archaludon is one of those mons they want you to use Tera on so its signature move gets STAB. I would not be surprised if they push for players to use Tera Electric via events or when playing the game.

I think Duraludon's typing is pretty awesome on Rain since it resist most priority, Water, Grass, and Electric Moves + is neutral to Ice, so I see the synergy there. That being said, its special Bulk being so bad made these resist feel fake, so I am hoping this new Pokemon fixes that Spdef weakness to make it middling in exchange for another weakness like Speed.

I'm curious if there are any heat Eviolite Duraludon sets that can be run now too. It was one of my favorites from Gen 8, but had a lot of issues due to a lack of set-up moves, coverage, and its poor special bulk not synergizing the best with its typing. I'm hoping the Eviolite buff can let it run some more unique sets like... IDK, Bulky Rest SD or Restalk Dragon Tail lol.

I am also worried the devs will nerf Duraludon's stats to make it more in line with stuff like Porygon2 in order to make an evolution an easier sell. I could easily see the devs slashing its Defenses by 10 or something similar.

I doubt they care about an evolution being an "easy sell" or not, especially when stats are so relatively hidden unless you're in depth at which point you'd know everything anyway.

Archaludon having some connection to Unova, either representing the future or Drayton possibly being related to Drayden, which is possible foreshadowing for future Unova games is making me laugh knowing Leon still beat Raihan to the punch for having an ace related to a bridge in Unova.

1691545961291.png

I REALLY can’t see Dipplin evolving. They’ve had evolution counterparts get different gimmicks and stuff before, but they’ve always been equal in terms of how many evolutions per branch. If they wanted a third stage to Applin they would’ve just evolved Flapple and Appletun (which they should’ve done imo).

Idk if khu is implying that the white forest Pokémon is a direct counterpart to Archaludon or just something completely separate, but if it is I could see it being Tropius. It’s a single stage grass type that’s been begging for an evolution.

I REALLY can’t see Dipplin evolving. They’ve had evolution counterparts get different gimmicks and stuff before, but they’ve always been equal in terms of how many evolutions per branch. If they wanted a third stage to Applin they would’ve just evolved Flapple and Appletun (which they should’ve done imo).

Idk if khu is implying that the white forest Pokémon is a direct counterpart to Archaludon or just something completely separate, but if it is I could see it being Tropius. It’s a single stage grass type that’s been begging for an evolution.
It would be weird if it was Tropius though, Tropius is already in the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)