SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

snip

edit: lol that man reacted in less than two minutes to this post (in which I did not tag him) in a thread he claims to have left. Please find peace.
for one: I'm not a guy. Don't misgender me.

two: I have the thread watched and have for a week, and I was browsing Smogon so I got a notification. Is that a crime? I wanted to see things other than Khu. You sure did stay on your own post long enough to see me quickly haha reacting, huh?

three: I have used Twitter in the past, where I blocked people like Khu after he had a tantrum and showed he is a shitty person. I have no Twitter account and haven't for a year, it's made life better.

four: I'm not acting self-righteous, I'm making fun of people for doing something which is bad. If you don't want to be made fun of for that, then don't do it. If you don't care, then don't frame your argument in a way that basically admits I have a point about morality. The worst defense you can make in that case is "How dare you act higher than me for not doing the thing I'm doing!!!"

five: For every of the many times he has had a public tantrum, everywhere including shitty places like r/pokeleaks was 90% making fun of him for being a bigoted manbaby using his clout for ego reasons.

six: if you didn't know then just go "huh alright I didn't know that", that's the point of saying shit like I did in the first place, get people to actually know these things and consider engaging less. Stop feeding the engine of a racist's ego because you want to know the type of a Shitmon two weeks early.

uppa

^_^
is a Top Artist
watch me be 100% correct but the tera crown will grant typeless damage onto tera blast (with stab) and also grant stab onto every other type, but not the 2x re-tera double stab for your original typing. You will also take neutral damage from every type. It will be broken on some mons with underwhelming stab options but great movepools, like dragonite.

it will spark discussion around banning the tera crown, but people push back on it on the basis that individual types shouldnt be considered for a ban regarding tera. another tera suspect test is held, and due to the influence of youtubers, a certain subreddit, and powerful nations tera will be deemed fully legal, earning the tier a questionable legacy similar to gen 5 ou.

watch me be 100% correct but the tera crown will grant typeless damage onto tera blast (with stab) and also grant stab onto every other type, but not the 2x re-tera double stab for your original typing. You will also take neutral damage from every type. It will be broken on some mons with underwhelming stab options but great movepools, like dragonite.

it will spark discussion around banning the tera crown, but people push back on it on the basis that individual types shouldnt be considered for a ban regarding tera. another tera suspect test is held, and due to the influence of youtubers, a certain subreddit, and powerful nations tera will be deemed fully legal, earning the tier a questionable legacy similar to gen 5 ou.

If it's truly a true neutral type (which I think is more likely than giving STAB on everything on top of being neutral defensively, as in 90% of scenarios that'd be the optimal play) it will be crazy broken on setup/double dancers. Magearna with Iron Defense + Calm Mind, can't even strike a weakness anymore. Demon Mew with no weaknesses, Clefable but you just have to 2HKO it physically or you lose 1v1 no matter what, etc. etc. Could make a lot of Stored Power Pokemon even more busted

uppa

^_^
is a Top Artist
If it's truly a true neutral type (which I think is more likely than giving STAB on everything on top of being neutral defensively, as in 90% of scenarios that'd be the optimal play) it will be crazy broken on setup/double dancers. Magearna with Iron Defense + Calm Mind, can't even strike a weakness anymore. Demon Mew with no weaknesses, Clefable but you just have to 2HKO it physically or you lose 1v1 no matter what, etc. etc. Could make a lot of Stored Power Pokemon even more busted
all of baxcalibur's moves have the boosted aura in the one screenshot we have. it's very likely that it gives stab to every type, despite how clearly broken it is. It's whatever. tpc wants quicker matches for a better spectator sport.

View attachment 542382

Something I was just given attention to. In game, just before you Tera, every move that is boosted has the Rainbow Line around it. As you see here, every move is boosted here. So maybe this 19th Tera Type boosts all moves?
I'm also curious about Revelation Dance as well.
I think all of them getting the rainbow framing suggests that any Pokemon using the All-Types Tera Type gets a boost to all its moves, meaning all your attacks become Z-Moves. This will be incredibly broken unless there will be special counterplay to this Tera Type, but knowing that Gamefreak is horrible at balancing the game, there will probably be no counter measure, making All-Types Tera Type extremely broken. This rainbow framing makes me think of Dynamax-Lite with Max Moves and G-Max moves, and I believe this will be Tera's equivalent of those.

if rainbow tera isn't just neutral give/take, then I think it'll go one of two paths:
-stab on everything but lower power
-stab on everything, but you can only assign one rainbow tera to a given Pokemon at a time. Obviously tera as a whole is a one-off per game, but I mean specifically you can't come in with 6 pokemon all assigned to Rainbow tera. You can give it to one Pokemon at a time.

I'm not acting self-righteous, I'm making fun of people for doing something which is bad. If you don't want to be made fun of for that, then don't do it.
Khu is a twat, but this is absolutely textbook self righteous. Acting superior to someone because you aren't doing something others do that you deem "bad" (which... Is what exactly). You're sitting.on a high horse.

If you don't care, then don't frame your argument in a way that basically admits I have a point about morality.
They didn't.

The worst defense you can make in that case is "How dare you act higher than me for not doing the thing I'm doing!!!"
They didn't even say anything like that. What the heck comment did you read. They literally just pointed out the ridiculousness of you jumping into the thread to make remarks about people who are simply speculating over leaks because of who is providing those leaks.

For every of the many times he has had a public tantrum, everywhere including shitty places like r/pokeleaks was 90% making fun of him for being a bigoted manbaby using his clout for ego reasons.
The sub that banned comments that criticized him?

if rainbow tera isn't just neutral give/take, then I think it'll go one of two paths:
-stab on everything but lower power
-stab on everything, but you can only assign one rainbow tera to a given Pokemon at a time. Obviously tera as a whole is a one-off per game, but I mean specifically you can't come in with 6 pokemon all assigned to Rainbow tera. You can give it to one Pokemon at a time.
My idea for how it could work is:
-STAB on all types but 2x STAB for your already STAB attacks
-You take Neutral Damage from all types

that's the point of saying shit like I did in the first place, get people to actually know these things and consider engaging less.
I dunno, when you talk about how we “gobble on his nob” and are “more obsessed with figuring out what a type of a pokemon is than having […] self respect,” it kinda feels like maybe you aren’t just out on a humble informative mission.

It’s okay to admit that you do feel a nice little tickle of superiority for calling out people whom you cleary view as craven leak-beggars.

So one theory I heard was that the new Tera type is sorta like an anti-Tera type. Basically, it'll turn Tera Blast into a neutral move vs non-Tera Targets, but against Tera targets, it'll deal effective damage & it'll resist the Tera boosted moves. Its kinda like Bows in Fire Emblem, which are good at destroying flying units. If it works like this, it could be a nice counter option to common Tera abusers like Kingambit and Garganacl, though these guys could also run this new Tera type to do some funky stuff.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
If the Rainbow Tera gives the second STAB bonus that same type Tera gives, we'll ever see Ice types using Tera Ice again. No matter how it works defensively, it's safe to say it's too much of a defensive upgrade over Ice to say no to.

Something to point out in the trailer from worlds. They showed HP bars for Raging Bolt and Iron Crown at level 50. Normally in worlds trailers the Pokémon have max IVs and sometimes EV investment in HP. In the trailer, Iron Crown has a 165 HP stat. Assuming that this is an uninvested Iron Crown, then Iron Crown will likely have base 90 HP stat. As for Raging Bolt, it is shown with 200 HP. If this is 252 HP, then Bolt will have a base 93 HP stat, but if uninvested, it would have a base 125 HP stat.
This tracks. Virizion and Cobalion's HP stat is 91. Iron Leaves' base HP is 90 and much like the actual SoJ it is highly likely the Paradox SoJ have variations of the same numerical spread based on the various SoJ distributions. Similarly, Suicune's HP stat is 100 and Walking Wake's is 99 –– the nearest odd number. Gauging from this Raging Bolt's HP stat should be very close to 90.

That user said cya then stayed angry enough for the next ten hours to write me an essay I couldn't read because my block button works too well. Silly rabbit.

Last edited:
So one theory I heard was that the new Tera type is sorta like an anti-Tera type. Basically, it'll turn Tera Blast into a neutral move vs non-Tera Targets, but against Tera targets, it'll deal effective damage & it'll resist the Tera boosted moves. Its kinda like Bows in Fire Emblem, which are good at destroying flying units. If it works like this, it could be a nice counter option to common Tera abusers like Kingambit and Garganacl, though these guys could also run this new Tera type to do some funky stuff.
This reminds me of an inverse on how Shadow Pokemon worked in Pokemon XD: Shadow is SE on regular Pokemon, NVE on other Shadow Pokemon, making the latter ideal to tank themselves during the catches for example at the cost of very specific/locked movesets.

Stuff like Behemoth Blade/Bash and Dyanamax Cannon does set a precedent for "anti-mechanic" mechanics even recently, and this would be their shifting those to General instead of Signature as they already did with the mechanics themselves over time.

Dead by Daylight

rage, rage against the dying of the light
is a Contributor to Smogon
While ya'll are worrying about this "Rainbow Tera", I'm chilling in Monotype without any tera :pimp:

Anyways, I see Rainbow Tera as something that will boost all moves against a Tera'd opponent.

This sleuthing in https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...icial-info-only.3698293/page-190#post-9744767 suggests that the "prismatic" 19th Tera type boosts all types' moves after all. Speculation in that thread now leans in that 19th Tera type behaving like Gen 8 Protean (at least offensively), so...

Is it possible that the 19th Tera type is restricted to one mon per save file only, and will the leaked "PKHex-Lite" (which we've speculated to be for edits only or maybe also for creating a member of a highly restricted list of mons) be the only way to grant this overpowered 19th Tera type to any mon other than Terapagos?

This sleuthing in https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...icial-info-only.3698293/page-190#post-9744767 suggests that the "prismatic" 19th Tera type boosts all types' moves after all. Speculation in that thread now leans in that 19th Tera type behaving like Gen 8 Protean (at least offensively), so...

Is it possible that the 19th Tera type is restricted to one mon per save file only, and will the leaked "PKHex-Lite" (which we've speculated to be for edits only or maybe also for creating a member of a highly restricted list of mons) be the only way to grant this overpowered 19th Tera type to any mon other than Terapagos?
Wasn’t the PKHex-Lite confirmed to be the home move reminder? The ”3.0.0” hint was misinterperated as dlc when it was the home update

Last edited:
You know, it just occured to me, the promotional stuff says the they found a new Tera Type, so what if the type is literally the Tera type, as in its name is Tera.

uppa

^_^
is a Top Artist
personally i’m hoping to see a psychic/fairy, grass/dark, or fire/ghost polteageist.

I think the presentation is probably about ogerpon, since we only have a vague notion that it’s an evil mon that terrorized kitakami. I can see it being about a new mon/regional, but I’d like to have more of a reason to be hyped about ogerpon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)