Headbutt
Iron Head
Mud-Slap
Outrage
Snore
Spite
Superpower

Egg moves

Assurance (Raticate, Persian, Primeape, Umbreon, Girafarig, Donphan, Mightyena, Rampardos, Weavile)
Rapid Spin (Blastoise, Sandslash, Donphan, Torkoal)
Ice Shard (Dewgong, Lapras, Weavile, Mamoswine, Abomasnow)
Double-Edge (Venusaur, Raticate, Marowak, Typhlosion, Donphan, Delcatty, Aggron, Spinda, Hippowdon)
Fissure (Dugtrio, Camerupt, Hippowdon)
Pursuit (Raticate, Tauros, Umbreon, Dunsparce, Sceptile, Zangoose, Rampardos, Floatzel)

Notable Inclusions
Aqua Tail gives Colossoil a solid coverage attack to smack around other bulky Ground types a fair bit.
Elemental Fangs are very good moves, thanks to nice coverage when paired with STAB Ground.
Flamethrower/Fire Blast prevent Colossoil from being walled by Skarmory, hitting it on its weaker special side.
Ice Shard is a nice move to have, picking off faster foes, as well as Gliscor.
Crunch is fairly self-explanatory.
Earthquake is too.
Pursuit makes Colossoil quite the fine trapper.
Stone Edge is on just about every Ground-types movepool.
Focus Punch can be used with Substitute and Colossoil's high Attack to make a fearsome SubPuncher.
Superpower packs awesome coverage with STAB Dark attacks.
Taunt is on every Pokemon's movepool, but Colossoil can outspeed most secondary users and Taunt them to prevent them from using non-damaging moves.
Torment is also found on every Pokemon's movepool.
Rest and Sleep Talk help Colossoil tank more reliably than Moonlight.
Rapid Spin eliminates entry hazards, common secondary moves.
Toxic is required for all.
Substitute is a great move for Colossoil, thanks to that monstrous HP stat.
Moonlight isn't exactly reliable, but it's good enough. Colossoil is very bulky, and it'll be a shame to waste that bulk.
Encore discourages secondary moves, as a Pokemon may get locked into a secondary move and give a free turn.

Notable Exclusions
Drill Peck has an ass typing and most Fighting types are hit just as hard by Earthquake.
Zen Headbutt for the same reason as Drill Peck.
I don't see the viability of U-turn, Colossoil doesn't seem like prime scouting material.
What good is Megahorn? It usually hits as hard as Crunch, and the only Grass types seen in OU are Celebi, who wouldn't switch in on Colossoil anyway, and Breloom, who goes down to Fire and Ice moves.
imo, Seed Bomb would make this thing way too broken, bulky waters should be a good Colossoil counter.
Selfdestruct doesn't look very useful at all, Colossoil can usually take down most things through brute force, it doesn't need to go boom.
Sucker Punch would encourage secondary moves, kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
Considering we've got Auto-Magic Coat and Guts to work with, I don't think Heal Bell would be that useful.
Fake Out is used mainly to stop the opponent from using certain moves, but since they'll most likely be secondary moves, Taunt will acheive the same results.

Closing thoughts
Colossoil is essentially a versatile offensive threat for the most, due to its wide variety of offensive options that have excellent type coverage. While it does have non-damaging options available, they are mostly self-support and its other support options are normally better done by something else.

To all: why stockpile. To Deck and Fuzznip, why is it a notable move?

To fuzznip, why is Swallow a notable move, and why is magic coat missing? Why no self-destruct?t
Well, Stockpile is mainly just a flavor kind of move, so I decided to incorporate it into Colossoil's movepool. The reason why I made it a "notable move" is because with Colossoil having such a huge HP stat and mediocre defenses, Stockpile can help make Colossoil extremely tough to take down. Not only that, but it can use the ability Guts to make it a threatening sweeper at the same time, meaning the opponent will have to deal with a powered up defensive beast if they try to poison/burn it to take it down. It's not that notable like the other ones, but it does have its merits.

Yeah, I accidently mentioned Swallow, thanks for catching that. I didn't really feel the need to input Magic Coat, but now that I think of it, I think I might. There is Selfdestruct in my movepool, it's in the egg moves incase you missed it.

EDIT: Included Magic Coat as a Level-up move.

I came up with this movepool during the secondary move discussion. I put alot of hard work into this, and I have confidence that this will be a viable movepool for our evil Landwhale. All competitive moves are Bolded.

Level Up Moves:

Heart Scale: Megahorn
Heart Scale: Moonlight
4. Present
7. Horn Attack
11. Pursuit
14. Rapid Spin
17. Fake Out
21. Bubblebeam
27. Stockpile
27. Spit Up
31. Encore
34. Dive
37. Bone Rush
46. Drill Peck
54. Crunch
62. Horn Drill

Crunch
and Pursuit are Colossoil's main STAB moves, Bone Rush can break through Substitute, Moonlight is an OK method of healing on a weather team, Stockpile can be used to raise Colossoil's defense, and Fake Out, Encore, and Rapid Spin help Colossoil "stop the secondary." Megahorn & Drill Peck can help Colossoil against bulky grass types as well as bulky fighting types.

Egg Moves:

After hearing Deck Knight's opinion in the attacking moves discussion:

After reading that, I split Colossoil's egg moves into this:
Egg Group (Mineral)
Rock Blast (Steelix, Golem)
Fire Blast (Steelix, Golem)
Ice Beam (Glalie, Froslass)
Disable (Glaie, Froslass)
Slam (Steelix, Sudowoodo)
Magnet Bomb (Probopass)
Fire Fang (Steelix)
Magnitude (Golem, Probopass, Sudowoodo)
Rock Slide (Golem Steelix, Suddowoodo, Probopass)
Ice Shard (Glalie, Froslass))
Stone Edge (Golem Steelix, Suddowoodo, Probopass)
Self Destruct (Golem, Sudowoodo)

Legal combinations (all others are illegal):

Fire Blast + Rock Blast
Fire Blast + Fire Fang
Fire Blast + Self Destruct
Rock Blast + Self Destruct
Ice Beam + Ice Shard
Ice Beam + Disable
Ice Shard + Disable
Magnitude + Fire Blast
Magnitude + Self Destruct
Rock Slide/Stone Edge + Fire Fang
Rock Slide/Stone Edge + Rock Blast
Rock Slide/Stone Edge + Magnitude
Rock Slide/Stone Edge + Self Destruct

TMs/HMs
TM01: Focus Punch
TM02: Dragon Claw
TM04: Calm Mind
TM05: Roar
TM06: Toxic
TM10: Hidden Power
TM11: Sunny Day
TM12: Taunt
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance
TM20: Safeguard
TM21: Frustration
TM23: Iron Tail
TM26: Earthquake
TM27: Return
TM28: Dig
TM29: Psychic
TM30: Shadow Ball
TM31: Brick Break
TM32: Double Team
TM36: Sludge Bomb
TM37: Sandstorm
TM40: Aerial Ace
TM41: Torment
TM42: Facade
TM43: Secret Power
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM46: Thief
TM49: Snatch
TM52: Focus Blast
TM54: False Swipe
TM56: Fling
TM58: Endure
TM60: Drain Punch
TM63: Embargo
TM65: Shadow Claw
TM66: Payback
TM67: Recycle
TM68: Giga Impact
TM77: Psych Up
TM79: Dark Pulse
TM82: Sleep Talk
TM83: Natural Gift
TM84: Poison Jab
TM87: Swagger
TM89: U-Turn
TM90: Substitute
HM01: Cut
HM03: Surf
HM04: Strength
HM05: Whirlpool
HM06: Rock Smash
HM08: Rock Climb

Move Tutor Moves:
Headbutt
Gastro Acid
Gunk Shot
Mud-Slap
Ancientpower
Aqua Tail
Earth Power
Iron Head
Signal Beam
Outrage
Superpower
Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Vacuum Wave
Zen Headbutt
Block
Gravity
Magic Coat
Snore
Helping Hand
Spite
Heal Bell
Uproar

TMs/Tutor moves:
Earthquake needs no explanation. Sucker Punch is a powerful priority move perfect for destroying Starmie & Latias. Safeguard & Heal Bell bothstop status, while Taunt & Magic Coat prevent secondary effects in genral. Superpower can be a good filer move on a Choice Band set, Zen Headbutt & Pyschic can deal with bulky fighting types, and Surf & Aqua Tail can be used to hit bulky ground types. Gravity can be used so that Colossoil can smash Skarmony & Bronzong with STAB ground type moves, and it also can increase the accuracy of moves like Stone Edge. Knock Off & Embargo can get rid of your oppenents items. With some good prediction, you can use Spite to lower the PP of a secondary move. And with great prediction you can use Gastro Acid to remove the secondary effects of an opponent's ability.

Any Comments?
I've made major changes to my Egg moves after looking at Objection's movepool. Rock Slide & Stone Edge are now only available through breeding, which means that you can't use both Rock type attacks and Ice type attacks on the same set.
If you choose Ice type attacks, you can destroy Bulky Grass types like Tangrowth, Leafeon, and Torterra, as well as Gliscor & Salamence, but that leaves you defenseless against Skarmony, Brozong, Gyarados, and Bulky Waters. Plus you can't use Self Destruct with Ice attacks. If you chose Rock types moves, you can hit Gyarados, and preform the feared QuakeEdge/QuakeSilde moveset, but then you can't do much to Gliscor or Breloom.
It should be noted that this movepool doesn't have any Grass or Electric type moves, so Bulky Waters are very good counters to our land narwhal.
This is getting close to my final submission, so any feedback, positvie or negitive, is appreciated!

HS. Ice Fang
HS. Fire Fang
HS. Thunder Fang
1. Growl
1. Tackle
4. Sand Attack
7. Splash
15. Mud Shot
20. Bite
27. Drill Peck
34. Crunch
40. Magnitude
43. Fissure
43. Horn Drill

TMS:
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM02 - Dragon Claw
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM09 - Bullet Seed
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - SolarBeam
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM29 - Psychic
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM64 - Explosion
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM69 - Rock Polish
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Egg Moves: (Ground Group)
Rest
Sleep Talk
Crunch
Earthquake
Block
Knock Off
Fire Fang
Earthquake
Crunch

Move Tutor Moves:
Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Zen Headbutt
Last Resort
Aqua Tail
Earth Power
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Mud Slap
Outrage
Seed Bomb
Superpower
Twister

Not that I think I'm going to get very far with it, but is there any C+C for my entry (page 2). Just curious more than anything.

Objection's first ever movepool v1.1

Because it is very similar to the previous version, I'm not going to put in all the reasoning that I put in in the first version. If you want to see it, click here but take into account the explanation for the changes here. Changes in the lists are bolded.

H. Roar
H. Hammer Arm
H. Pursuit
1. Horn Attack
1. Growl
4. Sand Attack
8. Peck
13. Dig
17. Headbutt
21. Beat up
24. Fury Attack
30. Magnitude
35. Rapid Spin
42. Drill Peck
50. Horn Drill
56. Fissure

Decided to get rid of Earthquake from the level up moves because CAP9 gets it as a TM. Instead, I put in Hammer Arm, which could work well with Payback in the TM list, especially since CAP9 is by no means fragile, even if it is weak to five common attacking types.

TM01 - Focus Punch
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

I figured that Dark Pulse and Drain Punch would be fitting flavorwise and Dark Pulse has semi-competitive merit as it allows CAP9 to run a mixed set of Earthquake/Earth Power, Dark Pulse, Stone Edge and some other move (probably a non-attacking move like Taunt or Rapid Spin). This means it can have a Dark-type move and the ability to hit Gyarados super effectively, but the loss of attack or speed EVs is enough of a drawback of this option.

Crunch - Carvanha, Sharpedo
Sucker Punch - Chinchou, Lanturn
Aqua Jet - Carvanha, Sharpedo
Stone Edge - Gyarados, Relicanth, Whiscash
Body Slam - Gyarados, Relicanth, Wailmer, Wailord
Tail Whip - Goldeen, Seaking
Revenge - Qwilfish

New legal move combo: Crunch + Aqua Jet. This allows CAP9 to run the "perfect STABs" combo of Earthquake and Crunch while picking off fast, weakened foes with a priority move. Outside of priority, Aqua Jet is useless as Earthquake and Crunch both hit everything notable harder.

Dive
Earth Power
Gastro Acid
Gunk Shot
Heal Bell
Helping Hand
Hydro Cannon
Knock Off
Mud-Slap
Superpower
Zen Headbutt

Since CAP9 is based on an aquatic creature, I decided that it should get one or two water-type moves after all, but nothing too good. Dig is already a rather rubbish move due to the fact that, once it has been activated, it can be countered easily. Dive is inferior due to lack of STAB and limited targets. Hydro Cannon is a powerful move and might be able to OHKO the likes of Skarmory and Hippowdon, but like Hyper Beam and Giga Impact, the recharge turn is off-putting because it allows quite a few pokemon to come in and set up (DDGyara, DDMence, Infernape, Sub Punchers, you get the idea). Besides, for dealing with Hippowdon and Skarmory, Taunt is better to shut them down for other counters to deal with.

While I'm glad that one person was influenced by my movepool, I would like to hear some critique. I especially want to know whether you like the absence of Fire-, Ice- and Electric-type moves and the lack of any good Water-type moves.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Made some edits to the movepool.

Bold indicates a 'notable' move (ie. just barely usable if you can find room)

Bold and Underlined indicates a 'competitive' move

Level-up moves:

Number of level-up moves: 16
Number of 'notable' moves: 8
Number of 'competitive' moves: 4

H. Rapid Spin
H. Encore
H. Tackle
6. Sand-Attack
14. Fake Out
22. Mud Bomb
27. Dig
31. Horn Attack
35. Flame Wheel
39. Bite
41. Magnitude
46. Drill Peck
53. Earthquake
60. Megahorn
65. Selfdestruct
72. Horn Drill

Nothing really big to note here. Of the notable moves, Drill Peck and Megahorn both have uses to hit specific Pokemon, and both fit the flavour bill of the concept, and so it makes sense that they are added on the Level-up move list. Earthquake is a TM already, so that doesn't mean much. Flame Wheel is an interesting option; I feel it corresponds to the flavour of Collossoil slightly, as I can imagine it gyrating and whirling towards the foe, and is also useful, not only as a replacement for Fire Fang but also for removing the Freeze status. Again, Fake Out, Rapid Spin and Encore are all level-up moves, plus the addition of Selfdestruct to the mix.

Moves of note included: Focus Punch, Dragon Claw, Taunt, Earthquake, Brick Break, Torment, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Waterfall
Moves of note excluded: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, U-turn

TM01 - Focus Punch
TM02 - Dragon Claw
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM63 - Embargo
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM67 - Recycle
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM07 - Waterfall
HM08 - Rock Climb

Most of the TM attacks here are pretty standard fare. Focus Punch is available if you want to try SubPunching, Dragon Claw for Salamence (but not much else), Brick Break to destroy screens, Fire Blast and Flamethrower (not feeling good about these, might get rid of them later), Aerial Ace (redundant), Shadow Claw (redundant), and lastly, Stone Edge and Rock Slide.

Number of tutor moves: 18
Number of 'notable' tutor moves: 6
Number of 'competitive' tutor moves: 4

Dive
Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Zen Headbutt
Uproar
Ancientpower
Aqua Tail
Bounce
Earth Power
Iron Head
Mud-Slap
Rollout
Seed Bomb
Superpower
Heal Bell
Block
Headbutt

'Competitive' ones here are Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Zen Headbutt, Aqua Tail, Seed Bomb, Superpower and Heal Bell. Knock Off and Heal Bell are self-explanatory, Zen Headbutt hits Fighting-types and Weezing, Aqua Tail for Gliscor and Hippowdon (to some extent) and Seed Bomb for, well, Swampert. I can't honestly see Collossoil being able to fit any of these onto any moveset, and none of them do much more damage to common opponents than STAB Earthquake, really. Superpower is strong but its coverage is pretty redundant alongside Earthquake, so I see no trouble in keeping it in.

Group: Monster
Number of egg moves: 9
Number of 'notable' egg moves: 5
Number of 'competitive' egg moves: 2

Ice Fang (Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Feraligatr, Exploud)
Thunder Fang (Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Exploud, Salamence)
Fire Fang (Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Charizard, Exploud, Salamence, Garchomp)
Metal Claw: (Aggron, Charizard, Feraligatr, Garchomp)
Fissure: (Snorlax, Lapras, Bastiodon)
Pursuit (Tyranitar, Sceptile, Rampardos, Snorlax)
Night Slash: (Sceptile)
Double-Edge (Marowak, Venusaur, Aggron, Salamence, Kangaskhan, Snorlax, Swampert, Torterra, Rampardos, Bastiodon, Garchomp, Abomasnow)
Muddy Water: Swampert, Blastoise, Lickylicky

Okay... now for the interesting bit. We have five vaguely competitive moves here (Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Pursuit, Night Slash). Night Slash is Collosoil's obligatory STAB move, here to make things annoying. Pursuit is also very necessary for obvious reasons. The Elemental fangs are great for coverage. Here are the legal combinations:

Pursuit + Night Slash (Sceptile)
Ice Fang + Fire Fang + Thunder Fang + Pursuit (Tyranitar)
Ice Fang + Metal Claw (Feraligatr)
Fire Fang + Metal Claw (Garchomp/Charizard)
Muddy Water + Double-Edge (Swampert)
Pursuit + Double-Edge (Rampardos)
Metal Claw + Double-Edge (Aggron)

(etc.)

There is enough to make it competitively viable, but the limitations placed make it much less likely to be broken. We have Pursuit + Night Slash as standard, but if we want to take care of Gyarados we have to forsake the luxury of either Pursuit or Night Slash. Similarly, if we want to take care of Flygon we lose our reliable STAB move (shame). In this way, Collosoil's intentions are quite limited to go no further than flat-out 'stopping the secondary', and still stopping short of 'generic sweepy thing'. This is the main thing that separates my movepool from that of others - move coverage sacrifices some power against common opponents, and this could lead to some interesting mindgames from a competitive context - if you see him use Night Slash, he cannot have Fire Fang, Ice Fang or Thunder Fang. Feel free to switch Flygon in.

Notable Omissions:

Crunch: Why? Well, I wanted to make it not so easy to just slap on your coverage moves (as with a lot of other CAPmons) but everything that had the elemental fangs seemed also to get Crunch, whereas Night Slash was a hell of a lot more accomodating. I can't see there being much lost through the loss of Crunch, especially with the power at Collossoil's disposal. It's got nothing to do with thinking that Crunch is broken, but rather that allowing all other moves to be used in tandem with Crunch would, indeed, be broken.

Fire Blast: I thought long and hard about it, but I really want Tangrowth and Skarm to become at least semi-hard counters. If you really care about them, you can still have Thunder Fang for Skarm and Drill Peck for Tangrowth (both legal with Pursuit or Night Slash). I really do think that Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Heat Wave etc. are broken in this respect.

Ice Shard: What does it do, exactly? It seemed very, very extraneous, and in the interests of limited coverage (as described above) I let it go. I also feel that giving Collosoil priority of any kind is asking for trouble. In this sense, I would vote it broken.

Moonlight: Can't see many uses for it tbh. Removed on grounds of flavour, since I can't see Collosoil drawing energy from the moon (or the sun for that matter, given that it's supposed to be a creature of the dark and underground)

U-turn: Doesn't help the concept in any way. I really would rather prevent Collosoil from becoming yet another average scout-support-sweeper, as I've already said, and U-turn doesn't do anything for the concept. We have Megahorn if we want a Bug attack and Pursuit if we want to take advantage of an attempted switch. Removed.

Comments and Critiques appreciated, thank you.

After a bit of thought I decided to post a movepool. Here it is.
Bold means competitive move.

Level move.
HS: Mega Horn
Level 1: Sandstorm
Level 1: Headbutt
Level 6: Fake Out
Level 13: Roll Out
Level 16: Rock Blast
Level 19: Defense Curl
Level 21: Pursuit
Level 32: Dig
Level 42: Body Slam
Level 55: Crunch
Level 70: Encore

Notable Move: Crunch, Encore, Pursuit, Mega Horn.

T.M. Moves
  • TM01 - Focus Punch
  • TM03 - Water Pulse
  • TM05 - Roar
  • TM06 - Toxic
  • TM07 - Hail
  • TM10 - Hidden Power
  • TM11 - Sunny Day
  • TM12 - Taunt
  • TM15 - Hyper Beam
  • TM17 - Protect
  • TM20 - Safeguard
  • TM21 - Frustration
  • TM26 - Earthquake
  • TM27 - Return
  • TM28 - Dig
  • TM31 - Brick Break
  • TM32 - Double Team
  • TM37 - Sandstorm
  • TM39 - Rock Tomb
  • TM40 - Aerial Ace
  • TM41 - Torment
  • TM42 - Facade
  • TM43 - Secret Power
  • TM44 - Rest
  • TM45 - Attract
  • TM46 - Thief
  • TM47 - Steel Wing
  • TM49 - Snatch
  • TM52 - Focus Blast
  • TM54 - False Swipe
  • TM58 - Endure
  • TM60 - Drain Punch
  • TM63 - Embargo
  • TM65 - Shadow Claw
  • TM66 - Payback
  • TM68 - Giga Impact
  • TM71 - Stone Edge
  • TM74 - Gyro Ball
  • TM78 - Captivate
  • TM79 - Dark Pulse
  • TM80 - Rock Slide
  • TM81 - X-scissor
  • TM82 - Sleep Talk
  • TM83 - Natural Gift
  • TM84 - Poison Jab
  • TM85 - Dream Eater
  • TM89 - U-turn
  • TM90 - Substitute
  • TM91 - Flash Cannon
  • HM04 - Strength
  • HM06 - Rock Smash
  • HM08 - Rock Climb

Notable Moves: Most of the moves here are standard for Colossoil, but U-turn, and Focus Punch may be bit more rare. Beyond that it's real standard.

Egg Moves. (Gound and Monster Egg Groups)
Hyper Voice
Helping Hand
Ancient Power
Aqua Jet
Heal Bell
Flame Wheel
Rapid Spin
Ice Shard
Horn Drill
Double Hit

Here's about where things get interesting. Heal Bell is used to stop the secondary. I put Flame Wheel here instead of Fire Fang, because have pretty much the same power, but Flame Wheel can stop the occasional freeze, making it better then Fire Fang. Ice Shard gives him an Ice Type move, and a reliable priority move. Rapid Spin is needed on the set to take care of field moves.

No illegal combos due to Smeargle

Move Tutor
Gastro Acid
Seedbomb
Superpower
Iron Head
Trick
Magic Coat
Zen Headbutt

This is where I give some solid coverage moves. Seedbomb gives something to handle the bulky waters. Superpower is there for dark type mainly. Trick gives him some other choices for his set depending on what someone to do with him. Iron Head is there for the flinch rate, and Zen Headbutt is a flavor move in my opinion, Magic Coat is for more stopping of the secondary.

I hope that it's up to snuff.

Because it is very similar to the previous version, I'm not going to put in all the reasoning that I put in in the first version. If you want to see it, click here but take into account the explanation for the changes here. Changes in the lists are bolded.

H. Roar
H. Hammer Arm
H. Pursuit
1. Horn Attack
1. Growl
4. Sand Attack
8. Peck
13. Dig
17. Headbutt
21. Beat up
24. Fury Attack
30. Magnitude
35. Rapid Spin
42. Drill Peck
50. Horn Drill
56. Fissure

Decided to get rid of Earthquake from the level up moves because CAP9 gets it as a TM. Instead, I put in Hammer Arm, which could work well with Payback in the TM list, especially since CAP9 is by no means fragile, even if it is weak to five common attacking types.

TM01 - Focus Punch
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

I figured that Dark Pulse and Drain Punch would be fitting flavorwise and Dark Pulse has semi-competitive merit as it allows CAP9 to run a mixed set of Earthquake/Earth Power, Dark Pulse, Stone Edge and some other move (probably Hidden Power Fire). This means it can have a Dark-type move and the ability to hit Gyarados super effectively, but the loss of attack or speed EVs is enough of a drawback of this option.

Crunch - Carvanha, Sharpedo
Sucker Punch - Chinchou, Lanturn
Aqua Jet - Carvanha, Sharpedo
Stone Edge - Gyarados, Relicanth, Whiscash
Body Slam - Gyarados, Relicanth, Wailmer, Wailord
Tail Whip - Goldeen, Seaking
Revenge - Qwilfish

New legal move combo: Crunch + Aqua Jet. This allows CAP9 to run the "perfect STABs" combo of Earthquake and Crunch while picking off fast, weakened foes with a priority move. Outside of priority, Aqua Jet is useless as Earthquake and Crunch both hit everything notable harder.

Dive
Earth Power
Gastro Acid
Gunk Shot
Heal Bell
Helping Hand
Hydro Cannon
Knock Off
Mud-Slap
Superpower
Zen Headbutt

Since CAP9 is based on an aquatic creature, I decided that it should get one or two water-type moves after all, but nothing too good. Dig is already a rather rubbish move due to the fact that, once it has been activated, it can be countered easily. Dive is inferior due to lack of STAB and limited targets. Hydro Cannon is a powerful move and might be able to OHKO the likes of Skarmory and Hippowdon, but like Hyper Beam and Giga Impact, the recharge turn is off-putting because it allows quite a few pokemon to come in and set up (DDGyara, DDMence, Infernape, Sub Punchers, you get the idea). Besides, for dealing with Hippowdon and Skarmory, Taunt is better to shut them down for other counters to deal with.

While I'm glad that one person was influenced by my movepool, I would like to hear some critique. I especially want to know whether you like the absence of Fire-, Ice- and Electric-type moves and the lack of any good Water-type moves.
I really like this movepool. I think it's an unique take on the concept, with unique Egg moves, that make you chose who you want to beat. Right now, I can't think of anything bad about this movepool. I'm totally going to vote for it. (Along with my own movepool of course :naughty:)

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Group: Monster
Number of egg moves: 9
Number of 'notable' egg moves: 5
Number of 'competitive' egg moves: 2

Ice Fang (Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Feraligatr, Exploud, Hippowdon)
Thunder Fang (Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Exploud, Hippowdon, Salamence)
Fire Fang (Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Charizard, Exploud, Hippowdon, Salamence, Garchomp)
Metal Claw: (Aggron, Charizard, Feraligatr, Garchomp)
Fissure: (Hippowdon, Snorlax, Lapras, Bastiodon)
Pursuit (Tyranitar, Sceptile, Rampardos, Snorlax)
Night Slash: (Sceptile)
Double-Edge (Hippowdon, Marowak, Venusaur, Aggron, Salamence, Kangaskhan, Snorlax, Swampert, Torterra, Rampardos, Bastiodon, Garchomp, Abomasnow)
Muddy Water: Swampert, Blastoise, Lickylicky

Okay... now for the interesting bit. We have five vaguely competitive moves here (Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Pursuit, Night Slash). Night Slash is Collosoil's obligatory STAB move, here to make things annoying. Pursuit is also very necessary for obvious reasons. The Elemental fangs are great for coverage. Here are the legal combinations:

Pursuit + Night Slash (Sceptile)
Ice Fang + Fire Fang + Thunder Fang + Pursuit (Tyranitar)
Ice Fang + Fire Fang + Thunder Fang + Double-Edge (Hippowdon)
Ice Fang + Fire Fang + Thunder Fang + Fissure (Hippowdon)
Ice Fang + Metal Claw (Feraligatr)
Fire Fang + Metal Claw (Garchomp/Charizard)
Muddy Water + Double-Edge (Swampert)
Pursuit + Double-Edge (Rampardos)
Metal Claw + Double-Edge (Aggron)

(etc.)
I just happened to notice that Hippowdon actually isn't in the Monster egg group (it's Ground only).

This is for Cycholm, who I posted to late for anyone to see!

Level up movepool:
Lv. 1 Peck
Lv. 1 Leer
Lv. 1 Horn attack
Lv. 8 Bite
Lv. 16 Sand Tomb
Lv. 23 Dig
Lv. 30 Crunch
Lv. 35 Earth Power
Lv. 42 Earthquake
Lv. 50 Horn Drill
Lv. 56 Selfdestruct
Lv. 64 Pursuit
Lv. 78 Fissure

Meh. EQ, (also a TM) Crunch, Pursuit, and to a lesser extent, Selfdestruct are viable.

TM movepool:
TM 1 Focus Punch
TM 5 Roar
TM 6 Toxic
TM 10 Hidden Power
TM 11 Sunny Day
TM 12 Taunt
TM 15 Hyper Beam
TM 17 Protect
TM 18 Rain Dance
TM 20 Safeguard
TM 21 Frustration
TM 23 Iron Tail
TM 26 Earthquake (also learned naturally)
TM 27 Return
TM 28 Dig
TM 30 Shadow Ball
TM 31 Brick Break
TM 32 Double Team
TM 36 Sludge Bomb
TM 37 Sandstorm
TM 39 Rock Tomb
TM 40 Aerial Ace
TM 41 Torment
TM 42 Facade (ugh, why must this be required?)
TM 43 Secret Power
TM 44 Rest
TM 45 Attract
TM 46 Thief
TM 49 Snatch
TM 55 Brine
TM 56 Fling (hurl away the choice item after it's Tricked.)
TM 58 Endure
TM 63 Embargo
TM 65 Shadow Claw
TM 66 Payback
TM 67 Recycle
TM 68 Giga Impact
TM 71 Stone Edge
TM 72 Avalanche (was never brought up, so I'm allowing it.)
TM 74 Gyro Ball
TM 78 Captivate
TM 79 Dark Pulse
TM 80 Rock Slide
TM 81 X-Scissor
TM 82 Sleep Talk
TM 83 Natural Gift
TM 84 Poison Jab
TM 88 Pluck
TM 90 Substitute
HM 01 Cut
HM 04 Strength
HM 06 Rock Smash
HM 08 Rock Climb

Hmm... the bold ones are more likely to be used.

Tutor moves:
Dive
Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Snore
Spite
Swift
Uproar
AnceintPower
Earth Power
Gastro Acid
Iron Defence
Iron Head
Mud Slap
Rollout
Seed Bomb
Superpower
Headbutt
Role Play
Heal Bell

I figured I would add all of these. The only one I didn't want initially was Sucker Punch, but it was added in the end.

Egg moves (Monster / Water 1)(Who only Feraligatr and Blastoise share, to my knowlage):

Aqua Jet (Golduck, Dewgong, Kabutops, Empoleon, Floatsel, *Azumarril*, *Feraligatr*, *Blastoise*)
*Beat Up* (Charizard, Nidoking)
Ice Shard (Lapras, Dewgong, *Delibird*)
Mud Shot (Poliwrath, Omastar, Kabutops, Quagsire, Swampert, Politoad, *Cloyster*, *Masqurain*, *Garchomp*)
Slam (Lickylicky, Dragonite, Quagsire, Sceptile, *Dewgong*, *Omastar*, *Mantine*, *Tropius*, *Rampardos*)

*Name of attack* means only avalable via chain breeding. *Name of pokemon* means the pokemon only gets it through breeding.

Usable combonations:
Ice Shard + Aqua Jet + Slam (Dewgong)
Aqua Jet + Mud Shot (Kabutops)
Mud Shot + Slam (Omastar, Quagsire)

Only Ice Shard and Aqua Jet are of any real use.

Pokewalker moves:
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Ice Fang (none can be gotton together
)

Cool thing about these moves: none can be gotton together, and none can be gotton with egg moves!
This is my final moveset, besides minor changes. Comments and critisism is allowed.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just a reminder: even if you submit a "final moveset", Plus may or may not ask you to submit one for the poll.

Edit: also if everyone could use hide tags on each individual section (I.E.
level up moves
then
egg moves
) it would make Plus's life a ton easier

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright I added hide tags and revamped my movepool to add some much-needed pizazz.

Level-Up
Level-Up Moves: 16
HS. Encore
HS. Rapid Spin
3. Tackle
7. Leer
11. Bite
20. Pursuit
20. Sucker Punch
20. Payback
26. Scary Face
33. Drill Peck
40. Seismic Toss
40. Night Shade
55. Muddy Water
62. Crunch
80. Fissure
80. Horn Drill

Crunch, Pursuit, and Rapid Spin mark the competitive moves from the level-up list. I made four sets of categorized moves for some pizazz: 1) two Heart Scale "stop the secondary moves" of Rapid Spin and Encore, 2) three level 20 moves of its conditional-damage Dark moves: Pursuit, Sucker Punch, and Payback, 3) two level 40 moves of set-damage moves, Seismic Toss and Night Shade, a non-existent move combo in the game and particularly interesting for their given immunities, and 4) two level 80 OHKO moves in Fissure and Horn Drill. They ascend the level-up list in a mathematically logical way, which is cool, I think.

TMs/HMs
TMs/HMs: 50
TM01 – Focus Punch
TM05 – Roar
TM06 – Toxic
TM10 – Hidden Power
TM11 – Sunny Day
TM12 – Taunt
TM15 – Hyper Beam
TM17 – Protect
TM18 – Rain Dance
TM21 – Frustration
TM23 – Iron Tail
TM26 – Earthquake
TM27 – Return
TM28 – Dig
TM32 – Double Team
TM37 – Sandstorm
TM38 – Fire Blast
TM39 – Rock Tomb
TM41 – Torment
TM42 – Façade
TM43 – Secret Power
TM44 – Rest
TM45 – Attract
TM46 – Thief
TM48 – Skill Swap
TM49 – Snatch
TM54 – False Swipe
TM56 – Fling
TM58 – Endure
TM62 – Silver Wind
TM63 – Embargo
TM66 – Payback
TM67 – Recycle
TM68 – Giga Impact
TM70 – Flash
TM71 – Stone Edge
TM77 – Psych Up
TM78 – Captivate
TM79 – Dark Pulse
TM80 – Rock Slide
TM82 – Sleep Talk
TM83 – Natural Gift
TM85 – Dream Eater
TM87 – Swagger
TM88 – Pluck
TM90 – Substitute
HM04 – Strength
HM05 - Whirlpool
HM06 – Rock Smash
HM08 – Rock Climb

Nothing really shocking here.

Egg Moves
Egg Moves (Monster/ Water 2): 10
Ice Shard - Lapras, Snover, Abomasnow
Megahorn - Goldeen, Seaking, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior
Fake Out - Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Kangaskhan
Stockpile - Snorlax, Chinchou, Lanturn, Quilfish, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Munchlax
Swallow - Snorlax, Chinchou, Lanturn, Munchlax, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Munchlax
Spit Up - Lanturn, Quilfish, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra
Flail - Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Goldeen, Seaking, Totodile, Frocinaw, Feraligatr, Luvdisc, Chinchou, Lanturn, Quilfish, Remoraid, Octillery, Barboach, Whiscash, Finneon, Lumineon
Whirlpool - Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Gyarados, Lapras, Snorlax, Totodile, Crocinaw, Feraligatr, Chinchou, Lanturn, Quildish, Remoraid, Octillery, Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert, Finneon, Lumineon, Aggron, Carvanha, Sharpedo, Wailmer, Wailord, Barboach, Whiscash, Relicanth, Luvdisc, Rampardos, Garchomp, Munchlax, Lickilicky, Rhyperior
Mud Sport - Relicanth, Barboach, Whiscash, Luvdisc
Water Sport - Goldeen, Seaking, Barboach, Whiscash, Luvdisc

Legal Egg Combos:
Stockpile + Swallow + Spit Up + Flail + Whirlpool
Mud Sport + Water Sport + Flail
Megahorn + Water Sport + Flail

Basically I wanted to emphasize Colossoil's "land-whaleness" here with some flavorful moves like the Stockpile trio, Megahorn (flavorful and good for CB sets, being relatively interchangeable with Crunch), Flail ("fish out of water" anyone?), Whirlpool, Mud Sport, and Water Sport, which I combined with the the two priority moves Fake Out and Ice Shard to round it all out. I wanted to separate Ice Shard and Fake Out so that either one can be used with Sucker Punch for priority, but not both.

Tutor Moves
Tutor Moves: 16
Aqua Tail
Earth Power
Seed Bomb
Outrage
Superpower
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Block
Heal Bell
Selfdestruct
Headbutt
Mud-slap
Snore
Spite
Body Slam
Magic Coat

Here it gets some good type coverage moves in Aqua Tail, Seed Bomb, and Superpower, which will get some good use on CB sets, along with Selfdestruct. The rest are flavor moves to emphasize both its size and arrogant look (Body Slam, Snore, Spite, etc.)

Summary:
Moves: 92

Notable Physical Attacking Moves: Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Payback, Crunch, Earthquake, Drill Peck, Focus Punch, Façade, Stone Edge, Megahorn, Ice Shard, Aqua Tail, Seed Bomb, Superpower, Spit Up, Selfdestruct

Notable Physical Attacking Types: Bug, Dark, Fighting, Flying, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Rock, Water

Illegal Attacking Combinations: Bug + Ice

Notable Special Attacking Moves: Fire Blast, Dark Pulse, Earth Power, Muddy Water

Notable Special Attacking Types: Dark, Fire, Ground, Water

Notable Secondary Moves: Encore, Roar, Toxic, Taunt, Protect, Torment, Rest, Block, Sleep Talk, Swagger, Substitute, Rapid Spin, Fake Out, Stockpile, Swallow, Knock Off, Heal Bell, Magic Coat

Explanations:
Explanations:

I guess that, much like all movesets here, there are plenty of overlaps with the other spreads. I think what sets mine apart is the "flavorful and useful" approach to the Level-Up and Egg Moves sections, my inclusion/exclusion of certain combined attacking types, and my exclusion of the elemental fangs.

Fire Blast is the only Fire move in the moveset, which is plenty to take out Forretress and Skarmory if you really want to. Other than that, special attacking moves are limited to its STABs and the infinitely flavorful Muddy Water. Similarly, Ice Shard is its only Ice attack, which is fairly useful against Gliscor and Salamence. By making these two attacking types come from weak places (low stats and low BP, respectively), it balances them out and makes them useful, but not overpowered on the same set. In general, its coverage attacking types are limited to one viable move apiece. For instance, Seed Bomb is the only Grass attack and is only really useful against Swampert, Drill Peck is the only Flying move for taking out Breloom/Heracross who otherwise resist its STABs (Breloom is handled just as well by Fire Blast, though), Stone Edge is its only competitive Rock move, etc. The focus for attacking moves was on generic offensive sets with good type coverage and on STAB+support sets for fulfilling the concept.

I understand the concern regarding Fire and Ice attacks covering EQ-immune Steels and Dragons, but I personally don’t think it’s too outrageous. The combo is still walled by bulky waters, and an UnSTABbed Ice Shard still won’t 2HKO 4/0 Latias (33.77% - 39.74%, Recoverable, even) unless it’s a max Atk Guts Sweeper or CB user, which Latias beats one-on-one unless it switches in on an Ice Shard. Max+ Guts Ice Shard does 67.67% - 79.76% to 0/0 Salamence after Intimidate, a 28% chance to OHKO, while Max+ AMC Ice Shard does only 45.92% - 54.38%. So, both Latias and Salamence, both with no defensive investment, can come in on a Fire Blast or Earthquake (or Taunt or Rapid Spin or whatever) and beat it one-on-one. That doesn’t sound terribly dangerous. Similarly, you would need to run +nature and 212 EVs to guarantee a 2HKO on the standard Bronzong with Fire Blast, which would be a joke, while Bronzong can simply Explode on you or hit you with high-BP Gyro Balls, as you’ll be running lots of Spe with the LO set. It still takes out Forry and Skarmory (the latter requiring LO w/ no EVs to 2HKO), which it’s supposed to do. The combo is far from overpowered, therefore, keeping key pokemon in check, should you need to, without being able to outright sweep through them.

Anyways, things that aren’t in the movepool:

Sorry, no Moonlight. If Sandstorm is as common as people say it is to prevent it from being broken, then it’s useless. If it isn’t, then it’s broken. With Close Combats, CB U-Turns, and Surf/ Hydro Pumps all over every team, most of them being STABbed, and with Sucker Punch threatening to take out many of the pokemon that can threaten it, recovery outside of Rest and Leftovers in Colossoil’s case is either overkill or a fruitless temptation.

The emphasis on the elemental fangs is pretty misplaced, imo. They aren’t particularly competitive, especially when taking into account that Stone Edge > Thunder Fang, Ice Shard > Ice Fang (taking priority into account. Fang’s BP is not high enough to override Shard’s usefulness), and Fire Fang is complete shit (max+ Atk, +1 vs. Skarmory: 40.36% - 47.59% by the way. It’s Roostable). I didn’t put the elemental fangs in this movepool, because Colossoil can’t utilize them very well and they have little to no flavor value.

And there 'ya go. Thanks for reading, and suggestions are welcome.

Final Submission - Approved by Plus.

TM01 - Focus Punch
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Shock Wave
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM49 - Snatch
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Brine
TM58 - Endure
TM63 - Embargo
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM72 - Avalanche
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
HM03 - Strength
HM05 - Whirlpool
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Notable moves: Focus Punch, Taunt, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Shock Wave, Stone Edge, Avalanche, Dark Pulse, U-turn.

---Horn Attack
---Leer
---Peck
6 Slam
11 Bite
17 Rapid Spin
22 Magic Coat
29 Pursuit
35 Drill Peck
42 Magnitude
48 Stockpile
48 Swallow
48 Spit Up
48 Moonlight
55 Crunch
63 Megahorn

Total moves: 16.
Notable moves: Rapid Spin, Magic Coat, Pursuit, Drill Peck, Stockpile, Moonlight, Crunch, Megahorn.

Egg Group: Ground / Water 2

Ice Shard (Dewgong, Mamoswine, Cloyster, Smeargle)
Rock Blast (Rhyperior, Cloyster, Smeargle)
Sucker Punch (Nidoking, Houndoom, Mightyena, Slaking, Sharpedo, Kecleon, Absol, Raticate, Dugtrio, Shiftry, Skuntank, Purugly, Smeargle)
Fissure (Donphan, Mamoswine, Wailord, Camerupt, Torkoal, Sandslash, Donphan, Rhyperior, Dugtrio, Smeargle)
Selfdestruct (Shiftry, Wailord, Camerupt, Cloyster, Smeargle)
Fake Out (Raichu, Persian, Ambipom, Smeargle, Shiftry, Infernape, Lopunny, Purugly, Weavile)
Muddy Water (Relicanth, Smeargle, Quagsire)
Future Sight (Whiscash, Smeargle, Grumpig, Espeon, Golduck)
Screech (Ambipom, Cloyster, Dugtrio, Persian, Smeargle)

Total moves: 9.
Notable moves: Ice Shard, Sucker Punch, Selfdestruct, Fake Out, Muddy Water, Screech.

*do realize that there are no illegal egg move combos, thanks to Smeargle being able to learn everything Colossoil has in its egg moves.

Knock Off
Aqua Tail

Ancientpower
Earth Power
Rollout
Superpower
Mean Look
Zen Headbutt
Heal Bell
Encore

Flail
Dive
Perish Song

Total moves: 13.
Notable moves: Knock Off, Aqua Tail, Earth Power, Superpower, Heal Bell, Encore, Perish Song.

With this movepool, I wanted Colossoil to have several options to choose form, while still being limited to a few. So, below will be the unique combos and moves Colossoil can use to show you what it can do.

Rapid Spin + Pursuit: Two of the most important move combinations that Colossoil should have in its movepool. Since these two are found in the Level-up list, they are legal together, which is definitely great. So basically, Colossoil can penetrate Ghost-types with Pursuit, allowing it to spin away entry hazards successfully.

Screech + Pursuit: A pretty interesting move combination. Since Screech is capable of lowering the opponent's Defense two stages, tit makes Colossoil's attacks hit much harder than usual. In most cases, the opponent will obviously try to switch out so they avoid being hit by a powerful Earthquake or Crunch, but they will still be nailed by a powered up Pursuit. What this means is that Colossoil will probably be in a win-win situation most of the time when it uses Screech, because if you predict the opponent will stay in, you smack it down with Colossoil's STAB attacks, but if you predict a switch out, Pursuit will be doing a hefty amount of damage.

Stockpile + Moonlight: Even though Moonlight is not the most reliable of recovery moves, it can still be quite helpful in some situations, especially in conjunction with Stockpile. With Colossoil having a very high HP stat and mediocre defenses, Stockpile can make it even tougher to take down. Not only that, but it can run Guts for an ability to make the opponent think twice before poisoning or burning it to stall it out, since that will just make Colossoil a very powerful Pokemon with insane bulk thanks to Stockpile.

Taunt + Encore + Sucker Punch: Taunt and Sucker Punch are commonly seen together, so I wanted to keep it that way with Colossoil. Lots of people are steering away from movepools that have Sucker Punch in them, since they are "against the concept", however, I still think that it's an extremely viable move. Sucker Punch allows Colossoil to knock out enemies that are faster than it, such as Starmie, Latias, and Gengar. To stop it from failing, Taunt becomes a very helpful move, stopping users from using secondary effects and allowing Sucker Punch to hit. On the other hand, Encore becomes a very threatening move in tandem with Sucker Punch. That way, if the opponent even thinks about using a non-attacking move, they will be trapped into using that, forcing them to switch. This can help Sucker Punch be used successfully, so Colossoil is almost always going to be in a win-win situation with these moves.

Encore + Pursuit + U-turn: Like mentioned above, Encore can potentially force a Pokemon to use the last move they used for up to eight turns. Colossoil has the chance to trap a Pokemon into using an indirect move such as Thunder Wave, Softboiled, Rest, etc., meaning the opponent will be stuck using that, forcing them to switch out. This is the perfect opportunity to use Pursuit, always going to be striking them for a Base Power of 80. Even though you can use Pursuit for big damage once they switch out, you can definitely use U-turn instead. This gives Colossoil the potential to scout the opponent's team, giving you the upper-hand in most circumstances.

Encore + Substitute + Focus Punch: A sweet three move combination to use. Since Colossoil has the potential to trap a Pokemon into using a move that does not harm Colossoil or is too weak to do more than 25% damage, it can safely set up Substitute as they switch out or continue attacking and start wreaking havoc with very powerful Focus Punch attacks. Even though Focus Punch doesn't receive STAB, it can still do hefty amounts of damage.

Mean Look + Whirlpool + Perish Song: Personally, I really like these three moves. The reason for this is because Colossoil can potentially trap the opponent with Mean Look or Whirlpool and use Perish Song to try and score a kill. This can actually work, since Colossoil has the bulk to take a few hits for Perish Song to go down to 0. This is a pretty unique combination if you ask me, and it will be pretty fun to test.

Swagger + Psych Up + Pursuit: Another one of those unique strategies Colossoil can use. Since Swagger powers up the opponent's Attack by two stages, Colossoil has the potential to score +2 Attack itself with the use of Psych Up. Even though it is a pretty risky combo due to the fact that the opponent becomes considerably stronger with physical moves, it can still be useful against Pokemon that are specialized in special attacks, so they don't benefit from the +2 Attack. Instead of using Psych Up, Colossoil can also use Pursuit to try to smack fleeing targets from being hit by confusion, which increases its Base Power to 80.

Miscellaneous moves: Instead of Colossoil always using physical attacks, it can most definitely become a decent mixed attacker with Dark Pulse and/or Earth Power, the sole reason why I included them. It wouldn't be fun if Colossoil is always used as a physical attacker, and it already has a decent Special Attack stat to use, so there's no reason why to leave them out. Rock Blast is an interesting option to stop Substitute users dead in their tracks, as Rock Blast can hit up to five times. Muddy Water, although slightly less viable than Surf due to accuracy issues, can put the harm in Ground-types like Hippowdon. On a similar note, Dive can be used for the same reason, even though it's considerably weaker than Muddy Water. Aqua Tail is again another move that can hurt Ground-types, but since its a physical attack and most Ground-types are physically defensive, it may not be as viable as Muddy Water for example. Even though Shock Wave isn't that strong of an Electric attack, it can still severely damage Gyarados, who will become a common switch-in to Colossoil. Heal Bell and Magic Coat are fun moves to use, as the former can make Colossoil a helpful cleric, while the latter can bounce back any status thrown at it, and other secondary effects like Leech Seed. Knock Off can be a unique move to stop Tricksters from Tricking a Choiced item, since not many Pokemon like having a Choiced item attached to them, especially walls and tanks. However, they can still leave one of your Pokemon itemless, but being itemless is better than being crippled with a Choiced item. Besides that, it can knock off Leftovers from the likes of Gyarados and Hippowdon, and even Shed Shell from Skarmory (who may start running them in the fear of Magnezone, since Skarmory can become a potential counter to Colossoil). Speaking of Skarmory, it will definitely dislike having to take a super effective Fire Blast, nor will Tangrowth, Breloom, and Forretress. Superpower can be an awesome attack to use when Colossoil is about to die, or if it just wants to be used as a hit-and-run kind of Pokemon. It's definitely going to be a very powerful attack once it's been boosted by Guts, or anything else for that matter. Stone Edge is definitely a helpful move for taking on Gyarados and Salamence, since these two will probably be switching into Colossoil quite often. Both Avalanche and Ice Shard are excellent attacks for taking down Dragon-types, most notably Salamence and Flygon. Finally, Selfdestruct will become an insanely powerful attack, even more stronger when boosted by Guts or Choice Band, and it makes an excellent suicidal move Colossoil can use.

Thanks for reading, and may the best movepool win!

I had hoped you'd at least follow the concept Plus. There's no way that any of these movepools are going to be remotely broken, so why wouldn't we vote for the most inclusive one?

OK, made some minor changes to the movelist. Would like feedback, as most people do.

Competitive moves bolded. Required TMs underlined.

H Heal Block
H Thunder Fang
H Fire Fang
-- Horn Attack
-- Leer
-- Peck
4 Sand Attack
7 Bite
11 Fury Attack
16 Dig
22 Pursuit
29 Drill Peck
37 Earthquake
44 Screech
54 Crunch
65 Horn Drill

TM01 - Focus Punch
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day

TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance

TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract

TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM63 - Embargo
TM66 - Payback
TM67 - Recycle
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift

TM84 - Poison Jab
TM90 - Substitute
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash

Emerald

Dive
Bounce
Helping Hand
Knock Off
Zen Headbutt
Spite
Aqua Tail
Earth Power
Iron Head
Mud Slap
Rollout

HG/SS

Headbutt
Heal Bell
Block
Gravity
Magic Coat

Moonlight
Magic Coat
Megahorn
Rapid Spin
Fissure
Selfdestruct
Body Slam
Splash
Encore
Defense Curl
Mud Shot

Ground group means no Egg move complications, which are just annoying. I don't see anything in my moveset that should be mutually exclusive. Also, if you're wondering about Ground/Water 2, that's the same egg grouping as Wailord.

Overall, I tried to make the movepool as minimal as possible. I gave it all the moves I thought it would need to fulfill the concept, then decided on the remaining moves by essentially asking "Is there a reason I should give this move to the Pokemon?". If I could not think of a good competitive or flavor reason to give the move, it didn't go in the movepool. You may notice that I have an extremely short TM list (44/101 learnable). This was intentional, as many TMs, like Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw, and Shock Wave, are completely unnecessary and very unflavorful. Thus, there's no reason to include them.

Probably what sets my movepool apart most is my refusal to include Priority moves. Ice Shard, Sucker Punch, Aqua Jet, and Fake Out will not be found in my movepool. They don't seem to help it stop the secondary, but they will help it be a generic sweeper.

Notable exclusions:

Ice Fang--I'd prefer Gliscor to be a fairly reliable check to this.
Ice Shard--This would only serve to discourage Flygon, Sala, Dragonite, etc, all of whom are non-secondary users. Seems to go against concept while being generally unnecessary.
Superpower--Seems unnecessary. Largely outclassed by CaP9's STABs and Facade, and Blissey seems to be the only target for it. Has Brick Break if it really wants a fighting attack, which nicely breaks screens.
Sucker Punch--Encourages secondary moves, goes against concept. Also, STAB 80 power priority attack off this guy's attack? A bit much.
U-turn--Doesn't seem to fit concept, unnecessary, unflavorful.
Seed Bomb--Hits Swampert, Suicune, and Hippo a bit too well. Especially Swampert, who's going to be taking hard hits coming in and has no recovery.

Roar--Seems like a great way to rack up entry hazard damage, which this Pokemon should be discouraging. Unnecessary.
Fake Out--Unneeded. Also, I don't like priority attacks on this guy, as mentioned before.

Notable inclusions

Fire Blast--Blows away Skarm/Forry with no problem, which is something I definitely want CaP9 to be able to do. Flamethrower just comes along for the ride, as it's definitely inferior.
Selfdestruct--OK, I have to admit, I couldn't help giving a Whale Pokemon Selfdestruct. I mean, really...>_>

Heal Bell--Fits concept perfectly, and could stand to see more utilization. This also overrides the need for Refresh.
Moonlight--Not broken, and having a way to heal itself would facilitate it switching in multiple times, which it should be doing.
Encore--Great way to discourage secondary moves. No problems with this move.
Screech--If I'm not allowed to have this, please tell me and I'll remove it. But I thought that a stat-down move would be interesting on CaP9, and it would discourage sitting around setting up secondary moves without being too broken. Screech+Pursuit is also interesting.
Gravity--Gravity needs more love.

Flavor Notes

I was originally going to include a bunch of water moves. But then Hydro Pump got banned, so Surf seemed to be on shaky ground. I ended up following the flavor of most bulky ground-types. Ground, Rock, and Dark moves were in by default, with the exceptions noted. Otherwise, I just sort of filled it in with horn- and head- based attacks. Iron Tail and Gyro Ball got in on the idea that the drills are made of steel, and a few other things got in by analogy with Wailord's Moveset. I also threw in a few gimmicky moves like Heal Block, Embargo, Recycle, etc, for those who might want to try something a little unorthodox.

I had to put Heal Block in Level-Up moves since it has no fathers in any egg group (it's like Zap Cannon in that regard). In order to still have 16 or fewer level up moves, something had to go, so Rapid Spin moved to egg moves, where it seemed more appropriate. Moonlight and Screech got switched around, since Screech seemed more appropriate in the Level-Up pool. Also, I noticed it had Rollout but no Defense Curl, so I completed the combo. Lastly added Gravity, as it's a fun move, and needs more love.

Petrie911, your movepool is my favorite so far (except for my own) because it doesn't have Roar. Roar is a move that goes against the concept by racking up entry hazard damage, so I don't support it. The only real argument in favor of Roar is a flavor argument, and that shouldn't figure into competitive move considerations. Screech, which you included, is an alternative I support because it doesn't force a switch outright and wouldn't be viable on a Rest Talk set.

Objection... If this movepool doesn't make it into the final voteing, I might just cry. It includes SafeGuard, an absence of elemental attacks, (water doesn't count. Aqua jet doesn't do shit for damage) and just, in general, follows the concept and keeps it at it's full potential, without being overpowered.
Great job, mate.

A major change in organization, plus a few moves taken out and added on. Still not final yet, since there maybe other stuff on there that you guys might not like for competitive reasons, and there maybe moves you guys don't see as competitive moves or vice versa

Bolded moves are possible competitive moves
Moves with an asterix next to them are HGSS exclusive TM/tutor moves

Note the lack of Flying moves (except HP, since there's nothing I can do about it) and physical Fire and Psychic moves. I've done this deliberately because Colossoil is not supposed to counter Heracross, Heracross is supposed to counter Colossoil. So I do NOT want people telling me that I should add Drill Peck or Fire Fang or whatnot, 'cause I'm not doing it! Any other C+C, on the other hand, will be greatly appreciated.

Stab at Making a Reasonably Good Movepool No.3

Level Up Moves:

HS: Ice Shard
HS: Sucker Punch

1: Tackle
1: Tickle
4: Pursuit
8: Sandstorm
12: Horn Attack
17: Bite
22: Magnitude
28: Moonlight
34: Take Down
41: Crunch
48: Mega Horn
56: Earthquake

64: Head Smash
72: Horn Drill

Changed the way that Colossy levels up his moves. Also added Ice Shard and Sucker Punch as Heart Scale moves, and Magnitude, Mega Horn and Head Smash as level up moves, and taken out Fissure 'cause Colossy doesn't need 2 insta-KO moves.

Ice Shard and Sucker Punch serve as priority attacks. Crunch and Earthquake are the super-reliable STABs. Pursuit is there for those that like to run, Moonlight to recover and Mega Horn for Darks (the only main Grass dude that actually gets hit SE by the horn is Celebi, although it hits him twice as hard as Crunch does)

TM Moves:

01: Focus Punch
04: Calm Mind
05: Roar

06: Toxic
09: Bullet Seed
10: Hidden Power
11: Sunny Day
12: Taunt
15: Hyper Beam
17: Protect
18: Rain Dance
20: Safeguard
21: Frustration
23: Iron Tail
26: Earthquake
27: Return
28: Dig
31: Brick Break
32: Double Team
35: Flamethrower
37: Sandstorm
38: Fire Blast
39: Rock Tomb
41: Torment
42: Facade
43: Secret Power
44: Rest
45: Attract
46: Thief
49: Snatch
54: False Swipe
56: Fling
58: Endure
60: Drain Punch
63: Embargo
65: Shadow Claw
66: Payback
68: Giga Impact
71: Stone Edge
72: Avalanche
78: Captivate
80: Rock Slide
82: Sleep Talk
83: Natural Gift
84: Poison Jab
89: U Turn
90: Substitute

H1: Cut
H3: Surf
H4: Strength
H5: Whirlpool*
H6: Rock Smash
H7: Waterfall

Taken out a few moves that Colossoil doesn't need, most notably Sludge Bomb, Dark Pulse and Recycle. I've still kept Calm Mind though since no-one bitched about it :)

Focus Punch, Waterfall, U Turn and Stone Edge are the main physical attacks. Fire Blast is the only special attack that is bolded, and that's 'cause of it's ability to take down Skamory and Bronzong. Calm Mind upgrades Special Defense, which Colossoil kind of needs, as well as powering up the special attacks. Colossy can also ResTalk with this movepool, in case you don't like Moonlight

Move Tutors:

Dive
Knock Off
Sucker Punch

Last Resort
Snore
Spite
Uproar
Ancient Power
Earth Power
Endeavor

Gunk Shot
Iron Head
Mud Slap
Gravity*
Worry Seed*
Magic Coat*
Headbutt*

A bit more minor than the others. Sucker Punch is already an HS move. Gravity allows EQ to take care of Skamory and Bronzong, and Endeavor is there in case you're low on health

Egg Moves: Field/Water2 Egg Group

Self Destruct
Rapid Spin
Fake Out
Encore
Water Spout
Bone Club
Bonemerang
Bone Rush
Screech

Added Water Spout, 'cause I could, and shifted some of the moves to the levelups, except Hyper Fang, which I disposed of... 'cause I didn't like it.

Water Spout takes down some of the high powered physical walls *points to Hippowdon*. Screech encourages switching, since the last time you want to eat a Guts powered Earthquake is after you've been screeched. Self Destruct is there in case you're low on health, like Endeavor. Bonemerang attacks behind subs. I wasn't sure which combos I wanted legal and which I didn't, so I left it at Ground/Water2 for now

Again, any C+C apart from telling me to add Flying moves and such is greatly appreciated

Level-up Moves (competetive moves in bold.)
HS. Ice Fang
HS. Fire Fang
HS. Thunder Fang
1. Growl
1. Tackle
4. Sand Attack
7. Splash
15. Mud Shot
18. Rapid Spin
20. Bite
23. Taunt
27. Drill Peck
34. Crunch

40. Magnitude
43. Fissure
43. Horn Drill

TMs and HMs (competitive moves in bold.)
TMS:
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM02 - Dragon Claw
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic

TM09 - Bullet Seed
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - SolarBeam
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM29 - Psychic
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM69 - Rock Polish
TM71 - Stone Edge

TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Egg moves (competitive moves in bold.)
Egg Moves: (Ground Group)
Rest
Sleep Talk
Crunch
Earthquake

Block
Knock Off
Fire Fang

Tutor Moves: (competitive moves in bold.)
Move Tutor Moves:
Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Zen Headbutt
Last Resort
Aqua Tail
Earth Power
Iron Defense
Iron Head

Mud Slap
Outrage
Seed Bomb
Superpower

Twister

Notes:
Notable inclusions:
Rapid Spin: With Rapid Spin, Colossoil can easily remove rocks, spikes, and Toxic Spikes. Along with its Dark typing, it can remove all ghosts that may prevent it from spinning.
Taunt: With Taunt, it can instantly stop secondary users from doing anything.

Notable excusion(s):
Encore: Encore can stick the opponent on a secondary move, or on an attacking move. Colossoil doesn't want to Encore Machamp on Dynamicpunch.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll let admiral korski do a final submission.

billymills said:
I had hoped you'd at least follow the concept Plus. There's no way that any of these movepools are going to be remotely broken, so why wouldn't we vote for the most inclusive one?
Not entirely sure on what your take on our concept is, what you make of it, or what you think I am doing wrong, but I think we've learned with Kitsunoh that following the concept too fucking hard leads to some major faults in the long run. I don't want a repeat of the last flop where everybody drilled the word "scout" into their heads so much that they lost the focus of the real thing. Back then we went so far as to considering Transform as a competitive move. Yeah, I'm not really concerned about making this thing broken like some people are making it out to be, and quite contrary to what you might think I actually do like concise and to the point movepools with sensible omissions here and there, I just don't think Sucker Punch is one of the necessary ones.

Giving this thread one more day.

I was wondering if anyone had any comments or criticism before I start try to make some changes to my movepool!

Thank you very much!

Okay, here is my movepool submission for Colossoil.

First off, a little prelude. When coming up with this, I imagined Colossoil had one previous evolution, a puny Water/Dark type guppy who is a bit of a wuss at the low levels who loses his water typing (but not the egg group) as he evolves at level 32 (picking up a big drilling horn and increased bulk to pick on those guys who might have picked on him.) My overall philosophy was to focus on ground and dark moves, some of the horn moves, and a few random water moves to focus on that evolutionary holdover (and nothing that would be exceptionally useful competitively, except possibly for Aqua Tail. Surf, Earth Power, and Ancientpower could open the door for a Special Colossoil movepool, but it would be strictly a novelty set given his lack of special attack variety and lack of a STAB Special Dark Attack other than Hidden Power [Dark.])

Level-Up: (Competitive Moves Bolded)
Notable Moves: Pursuit, Taunt*, Drill Peck, Crunch, Earthquake* [* TM moves]

Egg Moves:
Egg Groups: Ground and Water 2
(Competitive Moves Bolded)
Some notable legal egg move combinations that don't require Smeargle:
Megahorn + Aqua Tail
Assurance+Skull Bash
Megahorn+Rock Wreaker+Skull Bash
Megahorn+Assurance

Move Tutor: (Competitive Moves Bolded)
TM Moves:

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Cool. I think I'll make this my Final Submission then.

NOTE: I've added Whirlpool to the Egg Moves list and threw in some sample movesets down at the bottom to bring it all together for the people who don't like just seeing a giant list of moves. The Summary section also consolidates the information from the other sections for speedy access to viable moves in a non-moveset format, and the Explanation section goes into further detail regarding some of the decisions I made in constructing the movepool.

Level-Up
Level-Up Moves: 16
HS. Encore
HS. Rapid Spin
3. Tackle
7. Leer
11. Bite
20. Pursuit
20. Sucker Punch
20. Payback
26. Scary Face
33. Drill Peck
40. Seismic Toss
40. Night Shade
55. Muddy Water
62. Crunch
80. Fissure
80. Horn Drill

Crunch, Pursuit, and Rapid Spin mark the competitive moves from the level-up list. I made four sets of categorized moves for some pizazz: 1) two Heart Scale "stop the secondary moves" of Rapid Spin and Encore, 2) three level 20 moves of its conditional-damage Dark moves: Pursuit, Sucker Punch, and Payback, 3) two level 40 moves of set-damage moves, Seismic Toss and Night Shade, a non-existent move combo in the game and particularly interesting for their given immunities, and 4) two level 80 OHKO moves in Fissure and Horn Drill. They ascend the level-up list in a mathematically logical way, which is cool, I think.

TMs/HMs
TMs/HMs: 50
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM32 - Double Team
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Façade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Skill Swap
TM49 - Snatch
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM62 - Silver Wind
TM63 - Embargo
TM66 - Payback
TM67 - Recycle
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM70 - Flash
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM85 - Dream Eater
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Pluck
TM90 - Substitute
HM04 - Strength
HM05 - Whirlpool
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Nothing really shocking here.

Egg Moves
Egg Moves (Monster/ Water 2): 10
Fake Out - Blastoise, Kangaskhan
Ice Shard - Lapras, Abomasnow
Megahorn - Seaking, Rhyperior
Stockpile - Snorlax, Lanturn, Quilfish, Torterra
Swallow - Snorlax, Lanturn, Torterra
Spit Up - Lanturn, Quilfish, Torterra
Flail - Blastoise, Seaking, Feraligatr, Luvdisc, Lanturn, Quilfish, Octillery, Whiscash, Lumineon
Whirlpool - Blastoise, Gyarados, Lapras, Snorlax, Totodile, Feraligatr, Lanturn, Quilfish, Octillery, Swampert, Lumineon, Aggron, Sharpedo, Wailord, Whiscash, Relicanth, Luvdisc, Rampardos, Garchomp, Lickilicky, Rhyperior
Mud Sport - Relicanth, Whiscash, Luvdisc
Water Sport - Seaking, Whiscash, Luvdisc

Legal Egg Combos:
Stockpile + Swallow + Spit Up + Flail + Whirlpool
Mud Sport + Water Sport + Flail
Megahorn + Water Sport + Flail

Basically I wanted to emphasize Colossoil's "land-whaleness" here with some flavorful moves like the Stockpile trio, Megahorn (flavorful and good for CB sets, being relatively interchangeable with Crunch), Flail ("fish out of water" anyone?), Whirlpool, Mud Sport, and Water Sport, which I combined with the the two priority moves Fake Out and Ice Shard to round it all out. I wanted to separate Ice Shard and Fake Out so that either one can be used with Sucker Punch for priority, but not both.

Tutor Moves
Tutor Moves: 16
Aqua Tail
Earth Power
Seed Bomb
Outrage
Superpower
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Block
Heal Bell
Selfdestruct
Headbutt
Mud-slap
Snore
Spite
Body Slam
Magic Coat

Here it gets some good type coverage moves in Aqua Tail, Seed Bomb, and Superpower, which will get some good use on CB sets, along with Selfdestruct. The rest are mostly flavor moves to emphasize both its size and arrogant look (Body Slam, Snore, Spite, etc.), with the exceptions of Heal Bell and Knock Off, which are very useful for defensive sets.

Summary:
Total Moves: 90

Notable Physical Attacking Moves: Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Payback, Crunch, Earthquake, Drill Peck, Focus Punch, Façade, Stone Edge, Megahorn, Ice Shard, Aqua Tail, Seed Bomb, Superpower, Spit Up, Selfdestruct

Notable Physical Attacking Types: Bug, Dark, Fighting, Flying, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Rock, Water

Illegal Attacking Combinations: Bug + Ice

Notable Special Attacking Moves: Fire Blast, Dark Pulse, Earth Power, Muddy Water

Notable Special Attacking Types: Dark, Fire, Ground, Water

Notable Secondary Moves: Encore, Roar, Toxic, Taunt, Protect, Safeguard, Torment, Rest, Block, Sleep Talk, Swagger, Substitute, Rapid Spin, Fake Out, Stockpile, Swallow, Knock Off, Heal Bell, Magic Coat

Explanations:
Explanations:

I guess that, much like all movepools here, there are plenty of overlaps with the other spreads. I think what sets mine apart is the "flavorful and useful" approach to the Level-Up and Egg Moves sections, my inclusion/exclusion of certain combined attacking types, and my exclusion of the elemental fangs.

Fire Blast is the only Fire move in the moveset, which is plenty to take out Forretress and Skarmory if you really want to. Other than that, special attacking moves are limited to its STABs and the infinitely flavorful Muddy Water. Similarly, Ice Shard is its only Ice attack, which is fairly useful against Gliscor and Salamence. By making Fire Blast and Ice Shard come from weak places (low stats and low BP, respectively), it balances them out and makes them useful, but not overpowered on the same set. In general, its coverage attacking types are limited to one viable move apiece. For instance, Seed Bomb is the only Grass attack and is only really useful against Swampert, Drill Peck is the only Flying move for taking out Breloom/Heracross who otherwise resist its STABs (Breloom is handled just as well by Fire Blast, though), Stone Edge is its only competitive Rock move, etc. The focus for attacking moves was on generic offensive sets with good type coverage and on STAB+support sets for fulfilling the concept.

I understand the concern regarding Fire and Ice attacks covering EQ-immune Steels and Dragons, but I personally don’t think it’s too outrageous. The combo is still walled by bulky waters, and an UnSTABbed Ice Shard still won’t 2HKO 4/0 Latias (33.77% - 39.74%, Recoverable, even) unless it’s a max Atk Guts Sweeper or CB user, which Latias beats one-on-one unless it switches in on an Ice Shard. Max+ Guts Ice Shard does 67.67% - 79.76% to 0/0 Salamence after Intimidate, a 28% chance to OHKO, while Max+ AMC Ice Shard does only 45.92% - 54.38%. So, both Latias and Salamence, both with no defensive investment, can come in on a Fire Blast or Earthquake (or Taunt or Rapid Spin or whatever) and beat it one-on-one. That doesn’t sound terribly dangerous. Similarly, you would need to run +nature and 212 EVs to guarantee a 2HKO on the standard Bronzong with Fire Blast, which would be a joke, while Bronzong can simply Explode on you or hit you with high-BP Gyro Balls, as you’ll be running lots of Spe with the LO set. It still takes out Forry and Skarmory (the latter requiring LO w/ no EVs to 2HKO), which it’s supposed to do. The combo is far from overpowered, therefore, keeping key pokemon in check, should you need to, without being able to outright sweep through them.

Anyways, things that aren’t in the movepool:

Sorry, no Moonlight. If Sandstorm is as common as people say it is to prevent it from being broken, then it’s useless. If it isn’t, then it’s broken. With Close Combats, CB U-Turns, and Surf/ Hydro Pumps all over every team, most of them being STABbed, and with Sucker Punch threatening to take out many of the pokemon that can threaten it, recovery outside of Rest and Leftovers in Colossoil’s case is either overkill or a fruitless temptation.

The emphasis on the elemental fangs is pretty misplaced, imo. They aren’t particularly competitive, especially when taking into account that Stone Edge > Thunder Fang, Ice Shard > Ice Fang (taking priority into account. Fang’s BP is not high enough to override Shard’s usefulness), and Fire Fang is complete shit (max+ Atk, +1 vs. Skarmory: 40.36% - 47.59% by the way. It’s Roostable). I didn’t put the elemental fangs in this movepool, because Colossoil can’t utilize them very well and they have little to no flavor value.

Sample Movesets:
Stop The Secondary!: Rapid Spin/Substitute/Taunt/Crunch
Spin away hazards while making sure no one sets up on you. Take out Spin blockers with a powerful STAB Dark attack. Sub on switches to allow you to stay in and Spin on threatening switch-ins. This could be a good support set for all the Yanmega and Moltres who could be great OU pokemon if not for their crippling weaknesses to entry hazards and could breathe new life into no-setup offensive strategies. Another viable move to use in place of Substitute would be Heal Bell for putting a full stop to every aspect of stall minus Sandstorm. Heal Bell could also be of use instead of Rapid Spin on teams that abuse Rest or otherwise don't care too much about entry hazards, or on hyper offensive teams that don't take paralysis or burn statuses very well.

Pivot: Substitute/Encore/Sucker Punch/Earthquake
Sub on the switch and Encore whatever breaks your Sub or tries to set up on you. Sucker Punch the incoming attack, Sub again on a switch-out, or switch out yourself to something that can set up on or otherwise take advantage of the Encored move.

Choice/Guts/otherwise offensive sets: Earthquake/Crunch/Superpower/Ice Shard
There are many other good moves to fit into purely offensive sets, but this set gets the most out of type coverage, at least, hitting 14 of the 17 types for SE damage. Stone Edge could go over Ice Shard to cover Gyarados as well as Salamence, while Fire Blast could make sure Skarmory or Forretress don't stop you in your tracks. Pursuit would be a must on CB sets, and Selfdestruct could be put in there, as well, to get some general damage on just about everything. There are many options here.

Stall Support: Stockpile/Toxic/Roar/EQ
Colossoil can do a pretty decent job supporting stall teams instead of destroying them. With the right EVs and Stockpile, Colossoil can get quite bulky on defensive sets like this one and can shuffle opponents, poisoning the non-Steels/Poisons and EQing the Steels. It loses to Bronzong, Skarmory, and Gengar, though, so you'll need a way to get through them. This set goes way against the concept, I know, but being only able to fulfill the concept and nothing else would mean limiting the movepool to disuse. This just means it's versatile. I imagine the anti-stall set above (or something similar) will see much more use. Anyways, a 36 HP/ 236 Def/ 236 SpD Impish spread will get you to 416/262/239 defenses, 416/393/358 after 3 Stockpiles. If you don't want to balance out the defenses, specializing will of course give the usual benefits.

Tank: Payback/Knock Off/Roar/EQ
It will come to no surprise that, much like Hariyama, Colossoil will be able to pull off defensive sets quite well. This one can be run without Speed to give it its strongest Dark STAB attack in Payback. Knock Off can ruin offensive, item-dependent switch-ins like LO Starmie, Infernape, or Lucario, Toxic Orb Breloom, or Dark-weak Scarfers like Latias and Rotom. Roar complements its tankiness by keeping opponents from setting up, and EQ is the obligatory STAB.

RestTalk: Rest/Sleep Talk/Roar/Crunch (/EQ)
Another Hariyama-esque set, this one supplies Colossoil with reliable recovery and staying power while once again avoiding becoming set-up bait.

And there 'ya go. Thanks for reading.

After a bit of thought I decided to post a movepool. Here it is.
Bold means competitive move.

I added a few moves, and with them I added the reasoning.

Level move.
HS: Mega Horn
Level 1: Sandstorm
Level 1: Headbutt
Level 6: Fake Out
Level 13: Roll Out
Level 16: Rock Blast
Level 19: Defense Curl
Level 21: Pursuit
Level 32: Dig
Level 42: Body Slam
Level 55: Crunch
Level 70: Encore

Notable Move: Crunch, Encore, Pursuit, Mega Horn.
Just a few attacking moves and Encore. Crunch is there to help with his stab. Pursuit works to hit some pokemon on the run, and Megahorn is mostly there for the few grass types.

T.M. Moves
  • TM01 - Focus Punch
  • TM03 - Water Pulse
  • TM05 - Roar
  • TM06 - Toxic
  • TM07 - Hail
  • TM10 - Hidden Power
  • TM11 - Sunny Day
  • TM12 - Taunt
  • TM15 - Hyper Beam
  • TM17 - Protect
  • TM20 - Safeguard
  • TM21 - Frustration
  • TM26 - Earthquake
  • TM27 - Return
  • TM28 - Dig
  • TM31 - Brick Break
  • TM32 - Double Team
  • TM37 - Sandstorm
  • TM39 - Rock Tomb
  • TM40 - Aerial Ace
  • TM41 - Torment
  • TM42 - Facade
  • TM43 - Secret Power
  • TM44 - Rest
  • TM45 - Attract
  • TM46 - Thief
  • TM47 - Steel Wing
  • TM49 - Snatch
  • TM52 - Focus Blast
  • TM54 - False Swipe
  • TM58 - Endure
  • TM60 - Drain Punch
  • TM63 - Embargo
  • TM65 - Shadow Claw
  • TM66 - Payback
  • TM68 - Giga Impact
  • TM71 - Stone Edge
  • TM74 - Gyro Ball
  • TM78 - Captivate
  • TM79 - Dark Pulse
  • TM80 - Rock Slide
  • TM81 - X-scissor
  • TM82 - Sleep Talk
  • TM83 - Natural Gift
  • TM84 - Poison Jab
  • TM85 - Dream Eater
  • TM89 - U-turn
  • TM90 - Substitute
  • TM91 - Flash Cannon
  • HM04 - Strength
  • HM06 - Rock Smash
  • HM08 - Rock Climb

Notable Moves: Most of the moves here are standard for Colossoil, but U-turn, and Focus Punch may be bit more rare. Beyond that it's real standard.

Egg Moves. (Gound and Monster Egg Groups)
Hyper Voice
Helping Hand
Ancient Power
Aqua Jet
Cosmic Power
Heal Bell
Flame Wheel
Rapid Spin
Ice Shard
Psycho Shift
Horn Drill
Double Hit

Here's about where things get interesting. Heal Bell is used to stop the secondary. I put Flame Wheel here instead of Fire Fang, because have pretty much the same power, but Flame Wheel can stop the occasional freeze, making it better then Fire Fang. Ice Shard gives him an Ice Type move, and a reliable priority move. Rapid Spin is needed on the set to take care of field moves. Cosmic Power just gives him a few more options to deal with. It lets Colossoil to become an effective wall as well. Psycho Shift lets Colossoil punish the enemy for paralysis, burns, or poison, by shifting the effects to your opponent.

No illegal combos due to Smeargle

Move Tutor
Gastro Acid
Seedbomb
Superpower
Iron Head
Trick
Magic Coat
Spite Zen Headbutt

This is where I give some solid coverage moves. Seedbomb gives something to handle the bulky waters. Superpower is there for dark type mainly. Trick gives him some other choices for his set depending on what someone to do with him. Iron Head is there for the flinch rate, and Zen Headbutt is a flavor move in my opinion, Magic Coat is for more stopping of the secondary.

Any suggestions or questions would be valued. I really but a lot of effort into picking the moves and making sure that didn't make him over powered.
I hope that it's up to snuff.

Mark II:

Level Up:
Lv. 1 – Encore
Lv. 1 – Lick
Lv. 6 – Bite
Lv. 11 – Mud Shot
Lv. 15 – Horn Attack
Lv. 18 – Double Hit
Lv. 22 – Foresight
Lv. 29 – Dig
Lv. 34 – Flatter
Lv. 40 – Aqua Tail
LV. 48 – Rapid Spin
Lv. 55 – Earthquake
Lv. 62 – Crunch

Reasoning:
The main competetive moves here are Crunch, Rapid Spin, and Encore. Crunch is basic STAB, while Rapid Spin and Encore screw up secondary users better than anything else. Encore is the best imho. If you are faster, it can give you two free turns. For example, Swampert uses SR while you switch in. You outspeed, use Encore, and force Pert to SR again. Then you have a free turn to Spin, or hit the incoming enemy.

Semi-competetive moves are Foresight, which allows you to hit ghost with RS (though you could just Crunch them.) and Double Hit, which lets you break subs. Everything else is either outclass or it appears elsewhere.

TMs and HMs
TM03 - Water Pulse
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
HM01 – Cut
HM03 - Surf
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Most of the bolded moves aren't great options, but they are somewhat viable. Surf and Flamethrower are the main special options. Fire Blast was not included this time (Fire Fang took its place). I actually think this will be beneficial to Colossoil, as mixed sets would not be using him to his best potential... Stone Edge is the best coverage move here, and will likely see quite a bit of usage... Taunt and Torment are both options with Encore. They are all useful, and can be interchanged quite easily... Payback is an alternative STAB, but will Colossoil's speed, it is mostly inferior to Crunch.

Egg Moves:
Water 1/Monster:
1. Pursuit-Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Cranidos, Rampardos, Nidoran♀, Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Nidoran♂, Nidorino, Nidoking, Snorlax, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar, Wingull, Peliper, Buizel, Floatzel
2. Ice Shard-Seel, Dewgong, Snover, Abomasnow
3. Present-Marill, Azumaril
4. Charm-Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Snorlax, Marill, Azumaril
5. Horn Drill-Nidoran♂, Nidorino, Nidoking, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior, Lapras, Seel, Dewgong
6. Assurance-Cranidos, Rampardos, Larvitar, Puptar, Tyranitar
7. Magnitude-Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior, Lickitung, Lickilicky
8. Fire Fang-Tyranitar, Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Exploud, Garchomp, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior

This guy is in the Water 1 and Monster groups. These are the same as Lapras and Swampert in case you care.

Pursuit and Assurance are more alternative STABs. Pursuit is the more useful one, as it traps fast Psychics and Ghosts... Ice Shard is my Ice move of choice, and it has prevalence in Donphan. Also of note, Pursuit and Ice Shard are illegal together. They are both helpful against fast frail stuff, but together they prevent those fast frail pokemon from being able to do anything... Fire fang replaces Fire Blast as the main fire move, which allows CAP9 to use a fire move without going mixed... Present is a fun flavor move-can't you see Colossoil pulling a big wrapped gift from his hole and throwing it at an unsuspecting Blissey?

Legal Combos:
Pursuit+Assurance
Pursuit+Horn Drill
Pursuit+Charm
Pursuit+Fire Fang
Ice Shard+Horn Drill
Present+Charm
Horn Drill+Magnitude
Horn Drill+Fire Fang
Assurance+Fire Fang
Magnitude+Fire Fang

Move Tutors:
Ancient Power
Aqua Tail
Block
Dive
Earth Power
Gastro Acid
Gunk Shot
Headbutt
Heal Bell
Helping Hand
Iron Head
Knock Off
Mud-Slap
Rollout
Spite
Snore
Sucker Punch
Superpower
Swift
Uproar
Zen Headbutt

Sucker Punch is the fifth and final Dark STAB this guy has, bringing the total to five... Knock Off, Block, and Heal Bell are all average moves that Colossoil will likely have no room for... Aqua Tail, along with Stone Edge, is the best coverage move this guy has... Zen Headbutt and Superpower are specialized options that will likely see no use.

What isn't here:
Megahorn is a noteable exclusion. I considered it "too good" as it basically eliminates Tangrowth as a check, who otherwise it quite solid... Drill Peck wasn't included as it sucks, and I couldn't fit it in anywhere... Thunder Fang really hurts Gyarados who is quite good against Colossoil otherwise...Selfdestruct is a little too good w/ guts-it keeps you from being able to outlast him... Everything else isn't worth mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)