17. Headbutt
21. Beat up
24. Fury Attack
30. Magnitude
35. Rapid Spin
42. Drill Peck
50. Horn Drill
56. Fissure

Competitive moves: Roar (TM), Earthquake (TM), Drill Peck, Rapid Spin, Pursuit. Notice the lack of a reliable Dark-type move and the few coverage moves CAP9 gets in its level up moves. A lot of pokemon have the potential to run sets that completely ruin their main counters while still remaining useful all-around. With CAP9's high stats, I feel that its movepool should be limited so that, if it wants to run something to beat Suicune or Gyarados or Hippowdon, it has to compromise severely. Four moveslot syndrome is not enough - see pokemon like Salamence, Infernape and Heatran. Thanks to the number of moves they can viably run on a regular set and a counter-counter set as well as their unpredictability, none of these pokemon have any hard counters (except maybe Cresselia for Infernape). Salamence's Stealth Rock weakness, Infernape's rather rubbish defences and Heatran's lackluster speed are arguably the only things preventing these pokemon from being considered Uber as a result. CAP9 has none of those.

TM01 - Focus Punch
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM58 - Endure
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM78 - Captivate
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Safeguard will work well on AMC variants of CAP9 since once the secondary effect move has failed on the switch-in, CAP9 can then set up Safeguard to protect the whole team from status. Taunt's ability to prevent the execution of most secondary effect moves makes its spot obvious. Taunt and Torment combined can force some secondary effect abusers out. I have allowed some Fighting-type moves on this movepool because Earthquake is almost always better. Brick Break is the notable Fighting-type move because of its ability to remove opponents' Reflect and Light Screen. Other attacking moves in the TM list have no competitive value on CAP9.

Crunch - Carvanha, Sharpedo
Sucker Punch - Chinchou, Lanturn
Stone Edge - Gyarados, Relicanth, Whiscash
Body Slam - Gyarados, Relicanth, Wailmer, Wailord
Tail Whip - Goldeen, Seaking
Revenge - Qwilfish

Competitive moves: Sucker Punch, Stone Edge, Crunch. Note that no combination of these three moves is legal. Therefore, CAP9 is forced to choose between decent priority, reliable STAB or the ability to somewhat hurt Gyarados and other Flying-types. This, coupled with the lack of any elemental fangs, means CAP9, unlike Salamence and Tyranitar, has a few hard counters, which is what I want. Despite this, however, it does have the tools it needs to get its job done whether it picks AMC or Guts as its ability. Thanks to Taunt, CAP9 can use Revenge to decent effect, although doing so means running Pursuit or Payback for Dark STAB. In fact, the only legal move combo here is Stone Edge and Body Slam.

Earth Power
Gastro Acid
Gunk Shot
Heal Bell
Helping Hand
Knock Off
Mud-Slap
Superpower
Zen Headbutt

Aside from the competitive moves Knock Off and Heal Bell, there is not much to say about the tutor moves. Gunk Shot gives CAP9 a more powerful weapon versus Tangrowth but is useless outside of that. What is noteworthy, however, is the total lack of any Fire-, Water-, Ice-, Electric- or Grass-type move other than Hidden Power in CAP9's entire movepool. This is because, apart from Ice Fang, said moves would eliminate CAP9's biggest counters, which is exactly what I was trying to prevent from happening. If CAP9 got Block, it would trap its counters, which in turn have their own counters, some of which are set-up sweepers. Giving a free turn to set up a sweeper is one of the things that made Wobbuffet Uber so I have not allowed Block onto the movepool. As for Selfdestruct, I specifically said no to any move that could do upwards of 50% to Hippowdon, the second-bulkiest response to CAP9. Due to restrictions in the number of competitive moves allowed in the level up moves and egg moves lists, I had to forego Ice Fang, Ice Shard, U-turn, Fake Out, Moonlight, Encore and Megahorn, but CAP9 has a few Fighting-type moves to hit opposing Dark-types with and is sturdy enough to be hard to OHKO with an unboosted move, even if it is super effective, and I feel that all the crucial competitive moves are in CAP9's movepool.

Yes, in this movepool, CAP9 doesn't learn Stone Edge via TM but can get it as an egg move.

A few fix-ups here and there, which might've helped with my movepool.

TM01 - Focus Punch
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Shock Wave
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM49 - Snatch
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Brine
TM58 - Endure
TM63 - Embargo
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM72 - Avalanche
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
HM03 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Notable moves: Focus Punch, Taunt, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Shock Wave, Stone Edge, Avalanche, Dark Pulse, U-turn.

---Horn Attack
---Leer
---Peck
6 Slam
11 Bite
17 Rapid Spin
22 Magic Coat
29 Pursuit
35 Drill Peck
42 Magnitude
48 Stockpile
48 Swallow
48 Spit Up
48 Moonlight
55 Crunch
63 Megahorn

Total moves: 16.
Notable moves: Rapid Spin, Magic Coat, Pursuit, Drill Peck, Stockpile, Moonlight, Crunch, Megahorn.

Egg Group: Ground / Water 2

Ice Shard (Dewgong, Mamoswine, Cloyster, Smeargle)
Rock Blast (Rhyperior, Cloyster, Smeargle)
Sucker Punch (Nidoking, Houndoom, Mightyena, Slaking, Sharpedo, Kecleon, Absol, Raticate, Dugtrio, Shiftry, Skuntank, Purugly, Smeargle)
Fissure (Donphan, Mamoswine, Wailord, Camerupt, Torkoal, Sandslash, Donphan, Rhyperior, Dugtrio, Smeargle)
Selfdestruct (Shiftry, Wailord, Camerupt, Cloyster, Smeargle)
Fake Out (Raichu, Persian, Ambipom, Smeargle, Shiftry, Infernape, Lopunny, Purugly, Weavile)
Muddy Water (Relicanth, Smeargle, Quagsire)
Future Sight (Whiscash, Smeargle, Grumpig, Espeon, Golduck)

Total moves: 8.
Notable moves: Ice Shard, Sucker Punch, Selfdestruct, Fake Out, Muddy Water.

*do realize that there are no illegal egg move combos, thanks to Smeargle being able to learn everything Colossoil has in its egg moves.

Knock Off
Aqua Tail

Ancientpower
Earth Power
Rollout
Superpower
Mean Look
Zen Headbutt
Heal Bell
Encore

Flail
Whirlpool
Dive
Perish Song

Total moves: 14.
Notable moves: Knock Off, Aqua Tail, Earth Power, Superpower, Heal Bell, Encore, Perish Song.

Colossoil is pretty much capable of using a wide variety of moves for a set. Rapid Spin and Pursuit are both level-up, two important move combinations that Colossoil should have in its moveset. It also has access to Stockpile and Moonlight by level-up, which can be used to some effectiveness. Having the ability to use Ice Shard, Selfdestruct or Sucker Punch in one set thanks to Smeargle can be extremely beneficial for Colossoil, making it a pretty brutal force. Rock Blast, Muddy Water, Dive, and Shock Wave are pretty interesting moves that it has access to as well. Rock Blast is a good move to stop Substitute users, Muddy Water is a slightly weaker version of Surf, Dive may be proven useful in some situations, and Shock Wave has the potential to stop Gyarados. It also has many helpful moves found in its tutor moves, most notably Superpower, Encore, and Heal Bell.

Sometimes I wished the egg move of each CAP was decided beforehand to remove oddities from movepool submissions, beside CAP9 would fit in either Ground, Water2, or Monster. Ground/Water2 because of Wailord and Monster because of Godzilla and his movies.

Now about the submissions, Fuzznip catches my eyes the most at this moment. I don't know why but he's movepool pulls me in.

I'm editing my moveset ideas right now after studying the other submissions so far, and I just need to know two important things:

(1) How much can Thunder Fang on Colossoil do to Gyarados? Gyara seems to be a shoe-in as a counter EXCEPT for that move, and I want to know just how much of a threat it would be.

(2) For similar reasons, how much would Drill Peck do on Heracross?

Only main changes are the removal of Super Fang and highlighting on possible competitive moves. Still not final yet, since there maybe other stuff on there that you guys might not like for competitive reasons, and there maybe moves you guys don't see as competitive moves or vice versa

Stab at Making a Reasonably Good Movepool No.2

Level Up Moves:

1: Tackle
1: Tickle - Only really amplifies Pursuit power since they'll most likely switch
4: Pursuit
7: Sandstorm - Useless since Hippowdon will get a definite increase in usage, but meh
11: Horn Attack
15: Bite
21: Moonlight
27: Take Down
36: Crunch
45: Earthquake

58: Horn Drill
71: Fissure

TM Moves:

01: Focus Punch
04: Calm Mind - No-one said anything about upgrading special attack :P
05: Roar
06: Toxic
09: Bullet Seed - You never know what you could find underground that can be useful
10: Hidden Power - Check this out: HP Flying only has a 0.33% chance to OHKO minHP/SDf Heracross if he switches into SR
11: Sunny Day - Eliminates SS and downgrades damage from a weakness, what more can you ask for?
12: Taunt
15: Hyper Beam
17: Protect
18: Rain Dance
20: Safeguard
21: Frustration
23: Iron Tail
26: Earthquake - Already learned manually
27: Return
28: Dig
31: Brick Break
32: Double Team
35: Flamethrower
36: Sludge Bomb - The hell's stopping Collosy from using this of it knows Toxic?
37: Sandstorm - See above
38: Fire Blast - Good news: Fire Blast cannot OHKO Heracross
39: Rock Tomb
41: Torment
42: Facade - STAB Earthquake > full powered Facade
43: Secret Power
44: Rest
45: Attract
46: Thief
49: Snatch
54: False Swipe
56: Fling - Could be useful against Hippo if holding an Iron Ball, but it's a one-shot attack, so I wouldn't count on it
58: Endure - Since it's supposed to, and it's name's Colossoil, not Regigigas
60: Drain Punch
63: Embargo
65: Shadow Claw
66: Payback
67: Recycle - Even with this, Fling will act like an underpowered Giga Impact at best. At least it has STAB
68: Giga Impact
71: Stone Edge - Know any OU Grounds that don't have it?
72: Avalanche
74: Gyro Ball
78: Captivate
79: Dark Pulse
80: Rock Slide
82: Sleep Talk
83: Natural Gift
84: Poison Jab - See Sludge Bomb
87: Swagger - Ewww, +2 attack to the enemy... Not expecting use anytime soon, but meh
89: U Turn
90: Substitute - See Endure
H1: Cut
H3: Surf - It's a whale, it's supposed to be able to swim around in the water
H4: Strength
H5: Whirlpool* - No, not Defog, WHIRLPOOL!
H6: Rock Smash
H7: Waterfall - Ever heard of digging up a waterfall?

Move Tutors:

Dive - See Surf
Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Sucker Punch

Helping Hand
Last Resort
Snore
Spite - Should've thought about discussing this earlier... if only I saw it
Uproar
Ancient Power
Earth Power
Endeavor - Makes slower and bulkier Pokes eaiser to handle when low on health
Gastro Acid - See Sludge Bomb
Gunk Shot - See Sludge Bomb
Heat Wave
Iron Head
Mud Slap - Guarantees a loss in accuracy, which'll definitely encourage a switch
Rollout
Gravity* - Makes Guts STAB Earthquake even better
Worry Seed* - See Bullet Seed
Magic Coat* - It's already got Auto Magic Coat, so there's no flavor harm in giving it Normal Magic Coat
Headbutt*

Egg Moves: Field/Water2 Egg Group

Ice Shard - Needs some backup form of priority, in case Sucker Punch fails
Mega Horn
Self Destruct - Just in case you get low on health
Rapid Spin
Fake Out
Encore
Hyper Fang - - Just because it doesn't have buck teeth doesn't mean it can't learn Hyper Fang
Reversal
Bone Club - See Bullet Seed
Bonemerang - Maybe no more powerful than EQ and slightly less accurate, but it can attack behind Subs
Bone Rush - Overall less powerful than Bonemerang but you could hit all 5 times for 125 power
Screech - See Tickle

Bolded moves are possible competitive moves
Moves with an asterix next to them are HGSS exclusive TM/tutor moves

Note the lack of Flying moves (except HP, since there's nothing I can do about it) and physical Fire and Psychic moves. I've done this deliberately because Colossoil is not supposed to counter Heracross, Heracross is supposed to counter Colossoil. So I do NOT want people telling me that I should add Drill Peck or Fire Fang or whatnot, 'cause I'm not doing it! Any other C+C, on the other hand, will be greatly appreciated.

TM and HM Moves:
Code:
TM01: Focus Punch
TM02: Dragon Claw
TM06: Toxic
TM10: Hidden Power
TM12: Taunt
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM17: Protect
TM20: Safeguard
TM21: Frustration
TM23: Iron Tail
TM26: Earthquake
TM27: Return
TM28: Dig
TM30: Shadow Ball
TM31: Brick Break
TM32: Double Team
TM35: Flamethrower
TM36: Sludge Bomb
TM37: Sandstorm
TM38: Fire Blast
TM39: Rock Tomb
TM41: Torment
TM42: Facade
TM43: Secret Power
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM46: Thief
TM49: Snatch
TM55: Brine
TM56: Fling
TM58: Endure
TM59: Dragon Pulse
TM63: Embargo
TM65: Shadow Claw
TM66: Payback
TM68: Giga Impact
TM71: Stone Edge
TM78: Captivate
TM79: Dark Pulse
TM80: Rock Slide
TM82: Sleep Talk
TM83: Natural Gift
TM84: Poison Jab
TM87: Swagger
TM89: U-turn
TM90: Substitute
Level-up Moves:
Code:
H: Fire Fang
H: Thunder Fang
1: Horn Attack
1: Sand Attack
5: Dig
9: Screech
15: Pursuit
21: Beat Up
27: Sandstorm
32: Crunch
37: Drill Peck
41: Megahorn
52: Earthquake
68: Horn Drill
Egg Moves (Monster / Water 1):
Code:
Rapid Spin (Squirtle line, Omanyte line)
Spike Cannon (Corsola)
Rock Blast (Corsola, Rhyhorn line)
Ice Shard (Lapras, Snover line, Seel line)
Selfdestruct (Snorlax)
Fake Out (Lotad line)
Move Tutor Moves:
Code:
Knock Off
Heal Bell
Earth Power
Ancientpower
Outrage
Headbutt
Aqua Tail
Last Resort
Mud-slap
Superpower
Zen Headbutt
Snore
Iron Head
Magic Coat
Helping Hand
Gunk Shot
Encore
Summary:
The main thing that prompted me to make my own movepool submission was that there was no other movepool that contained neither Roar nor Moonlight. These are both moves that go against the concept and could find their way onto common sets. With Moonlight, one could make a tank out of Colossoil by giving it recovery. Roar simply has no place on Colossoil because it would either not be used much or would go against the concept as a secondary-using shuffler. Neither of those scenarios would help answer the questions posed by the concept. With Roar, Colossoil could be used with a Rest / Sleep Talk / Roar / Crunch set with Guts, and this would be a very useful set for Stall with its speedshuffling and recovery. That is definitely not what we want to promote on Colossoil. Some other notable omissions are Sucker Punch, because it promotes secondary moves, and Avalanche, for the same reason. Notable inclusions are Encore, Heal Bell, and Selfdestruct. These are all moves that punish tanks and status abusers. U-turn, another move I included, makes the metagame more bulky offense-based and less stall-based. As you can tell, the main thing I focused on when choosing Colossoil's movepool was whether certain moves helped its concept or not.

@ Fuzznip
Your movepool is awesome. It gives Colossoil a bunch of options, while somewhat limiting it due to lack of Elemental Fangs. Also, Drill Peck should be listed as notable. So far, you've got my vote ;)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I fail to see how Drill Peck is notable, seeing as flying is a shitty attacking type and it won't do much more than Crunch to anything besides the non-existant Heracross, and does less to Machamp than STAB Earthquake. So yeah how is it notable?

tennisace said:
I fail to see how Drill Peck is notable, seeing as flying is a shitty attacking type and it won't do much more than Crunch to anything besides the non-existant Heracross, and does less to Machamp than STAB Earthquake.
Drill Peck does NOT do less damage to Machamp than EQ. I have the clacs here

Colossoil's Drill Peck vs. Restalk Machamp: 57.81% - 68.23%
Colossoil's Earthquake vs. Restalk Machamp: 53.91% - 63.54%

Now tell me that looks like STAB EQ's stronger than Drill Peck

Sucker Punch completely defeats the point of stopping the secondary by prompting people to use non attacking moves (i.e: Leech Seed, Spikes, etc) with the intent of making the move fail.
You know, you could always use the common Taunt + Sucker Punch combination. That way you stop all secondary effects, while still having the ability to use Sucker Punch successfully.

Also, if you are a smart player, you can predict whether your opponent will be using a secondary effect or not.

I don't necessarily think Sucker Punch defeats the purpose of Colossoil, it's a very helpful move to use.

EDIT: Thanks for the comments Reyson, and everyone else. :)

Sucker Punch completely defeats the point of stopping the secondary by prompting people to use non attacking moves (i.e: Leech Seed, Spikes, etc) with the intent of making the move fail.
Yes... we know. That was brought up during the Attacking Moves stage, but it wound up being allowed, since it's still a good option for dealing with faster Psychics like Latias and Starmie, but has the flaws such as lower power points and lower reliability in other situations as compared to Crunch, and you probably won't want to be running both on the same moveset, making it fine--not everything has to revolve completely around fulfilling the concept perfectly (part of the same reason why Toxic wound up Allowed).

In any case though, SP made it through the polls and wound up Allowed, so there's no actual problem with it, and also no reason to go into the benefits/cons and problems with Sucker Punch again--we've already done that. If you don't like the movepools with SP, that's fine, just don't vote for them, but please, let's not drag this thread into more debate over moves like Sucker Punch again.

EDIT:
Admiral_Stalfos19 said:
Drill Peck does NOT do less damage to Machamp than EQ. I have the clacs here

Colossoil's Drill Peck vs. Restalk Machamp: 57.81% - 68.23%
Colossoil's Earthquake vs. Restalk Machamp: 53.91% - 63.54%

Now tell me that looks like STAB EQ's stronger than Drill Peck
Yeah, tennis goofed there:
80x2=160
100x1.5=150

Still, it's barely more, only doing a few percent more as you've shown, which means its still not really that notable, which was tennis's point.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
A sure 2hko vs. a very slightly less sure 2hko makes both choices... viable? If my quick mental math error made a difference then sure, I'd tell you to make Drill Peck significant. However, exactly what are you trying to hit with it?

is there any reason why almost NONE of these movepools include stealth rock? practically every ground type can learn it =/

A sure 2hko vs. a very slightly less sure 2hko makes both choices... viable? If my quick mental math error made a difference then sure, I'd tell you to make Drill Peck significant. However, exactly what are you trying to hit with it?
Breeloom, Revenankh, and maybe Heracross. All of which can destroy Collossoil.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah agreeing with tennis here regarding Drill Peck -- regarding type coverage I'd really rather use Fire Fang in this moveslot as opposed to something that is really highly overrated being Drill Peck. I'd much rather hit Skarmory/Forretress as well as dealing a fuckton to Heracross and Breloom. Revenankh, please, do not fucking bring into this chat as it is not going to be considered when making this CAP. As for other things that are 2x SE with Drill Peck, EQ is usually a more solid choice since it hits more things neutrally and gets 2x se on the Steel and Fire types.

Onto Sucker Punch, I really don't give one, two, or six rat shits about it. Yeah, it's not helping the concept. So what? It doesn't detract from it in any bit. It is more situational than Crunch and will probably be used less. If people want to utilize Colossoil for something else, then it's their problem. It does not detract from the concept as opposed to say, Stealth Rock, which would cause secondary effects. Sucker Punch is more of, "use me and you won't be fulfilling the concept as well. Use Crunch instead." Yet, it still has its merits against stuff like Latias and Starmie which is great.

ATM I'm giving permission for Fuzznip and Deck Knight to work on final submissions. Good luck to the rest, and please don't bomb me with PMs asking me "HOW THE HELL DO I MAKE THIS THING BETTER SO YOU WILL INCLUDE ITTT ;_;".

EDIT: Giving Umbreon Dan permission for final submission

DOUBLE EDIT: Check out CAP's Non-Competitive Moves Discussion for some cool flavor ideas to spice up your movepool! Join the group now to participate in discussions.

I'd like explanations on a few issues:

To all: why stockpile. To Deck and Fuzznip, why is it a notable move?

To fuzznip, why is Swallow a notable move, and why is magic coat missing? Why no self-destruct?

To Deck Knight and umbreon dan: Why sucker punch? It seems distinctly anti-concept.

Just noticing plus' submission above:
I have no problems with moves that are generally unnecessary as long as they are within reason. But Sucker Punch is AGAINST the concept. It punishes people using offensive moves, and thereby helps those using 'other' moves. Not only does it detract from the concept, it counteracts the concept. If people want to use Collosoil for something else, then we've failed (unless the concept requires an act of surprise or something). Why should this thing ever be able to counter Latias, (or even less so starmie) excluding CMrecover versions, it's preventing secondary effects. I have no problem with it countering them, but including moves FOR THE POINT of countering them is not what we are looking for.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have no problems with moves that are generally unnecessary as long as they are within reason. But Sucker Punch is AGAINST the concept. It punishes people using offensive moves, and thereby helps those using 'other' moves. Not only does it detract from the concept, it counteracts the concept. If people want to use Collosoil for something else, then we've failed (unless the concept requires an act of surprise or something). Why should this thing ever be able to counter Latias, (or even less so starmie) excluding CMrecover versions, it's preventing secondary effects. I have no problem with it countering them, but including moves FOR THE POINT of countering them is not what we are looking for.
If I gave Colossoil a shit move that didn't do anything for the concept yet people used it, then it would be their fault for using it, even if Colossoil fulfills its concept still. I'm sure weakass moves detract from the concept as well, because said moves are terrible and would give the opponent free turns, thus giving them free turns. Sucker Punch is in no way a "weakass move" but it still is similar in the sense that it would be the user's fault for not utilizing Colossoil correctly. Sucker Punch is there to give an option to beat Latias and Starmie, and it isn't broken in any bit. It's there to help Colossoil function as a pokemon, and not just a concept fulfiller which does not always create a pokemon, rather simply lead a direction.

@ Stockpile etc:

I agree that stockpile isn't very notable, I really don't see a reason to use it and it looks like flavor, lol. Nothing big, however. The whales in pokemon atm (Wailmer, Wailord) get the Stockpile trio and whatnot.

I'd like explanations on a few issues:

To all: why stockpile. To Deck and Fuzznip, why is it a notable move?

To fuzznip, why is Swallow a notable move, and why is magic coat missing? Why no self-destruct?

To Deck Knight and umbreon dan: Why sucker punch? It seems distinctly anti-concept.

I don't like your reasoning that since Sucker Punch punishes attackers it helps secondary users. Not true. There is no way giving a STAB 80 BP priority move will help any opponent. What it does do is open up sweet mind games.

I mean, do you honestly think people with have Collosoil against, say, Jirachi or even Celebi and use Sucker Punch? Maybe, but definitely not until you know the set they are running.

The only way it can help is it forces Latias/Starmie/etc to start using secondary moves but since they usually have Recover and Sucker Punch has 8PP, that is not an issue.

I'm really surprised no one incorporated Water Spout into their movepool. I figured with the whole Narwhal thing, somebody would try to include it.

I think Deck Knight has a really solid move pool. Very balanced imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)