CAP 5 CAP 5 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wall is more open to interpretation. It can be physical, special, or a combination. It can have any type, and really any ability. When you say, "I want to control hax", you limit yourself to a few select choices, or it doesn't accomplish that.
You're being too strict. Hax/anti-hax has plenty of options at its disposal.

Promoting Hax-
Abilities:
Compound Eyes, Effect Spore, Flame Body, Hustle, Mold Breaker, No Guard, Poison Point, Sand Veil, Serene Grace, Skill Link, Sniper, Snow Cloak, Static, Super Luck, Tangled Feet

Moves:
All attacks that can flinch, burn, freeze, sleep, paralyze, poison, confuse, or have a chance to reduce the stats of the opponent or improve your own

Reducing Hax-
Abilities:
Anger Point, Battle Armor, Clear Body, Early Bird, Flash Fire, Guts, Hydration, Immunity, Inner Focus, Insomnia, Keen Eye, Leaf Guard, Levitate, Limber, Magic Guard, Magma Armor, Marvel Scale, Motor Drive, Natural Cure, Own Tempo, Poison Heal, Quick Feet, Shed Skin, Shell Armor, Shield Dust, Steadfast, Syncronize, Tangled Feet, Vital Spirit, Water Veil, White Smoke

Types:
Fire, Ground, Ice, Poison, Steel

Moves:
Aromatherapy, Flame Wheel, Haze, Heal Bell, Magic Coat, Mist, Psycho Shift, Rest, Safeguard, and all perfect accuracy moves

------

Some of these punish your opponent for attempting to use hax rather than block it outright, but the point stands that a Hax/Anti-Hax pokemon is far from starved for options.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ho does mold breaker promote hax?
Whit Mold Breaker you can hit pokemon whit a OHKO move, whose ability would stop it, and Battle Armor and all other Defending from hax abilities won't work against those pokemon.
But I don't see, aside from one OHKO move, how Levitate stops hacks.
And Tangeled Feet is promoting and reducing the hax, the same time?
You should add that Hustle helps the the enemy, not the user.

Name:Glass Cannon(Risky Attacker)
Description:Using high risk high reward attacks like Blizzard, and Thunder, this thing could 6-0 a team, or be a complete waste

Ok, so this could promote Hax, or Luck depending on how you think of it. But the point is, that It's going to pump out massive damage, or die trying. It would get attacks like Thunder, Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, and Blizzard, which would be it's main attacks. So really in actuality, I'm creating what Nintendo wanted Deoxys Attack to be. Just not as broken

Concept: Underused ability
Description: This pokemon gets an ability that is not often used and is given a chance at OU, or the ability is used for a different purpose.

This is restricting the ability to a few options, but there would still be enough to debate. similar to calling a pokemon a sweeper or something would impact it's stat build.

This would generally restrict ability to abilities that are not in OU, (ex: Aftermath), or abilities of only 1 pokemon (ex: Effect spore).

There are plenty of abilities not in standard, and a decent amount of good ones. I don't see this being too restricting.

This pokemon would be ability based. And would hopefully make good use of the abilit(y/ies) given.

Name: Bench Damage
Description: Like damaging Pokemon on the Bench in the TCG version of Pokemon, Bench Damage Pokemon damage opposing Pokemon not in battle.
That would be really broken. 10% (just saying) damage taken from every pokemon on your team everytime you use it? Even 5%, it's still broken and yes, it is going to be hard to implement.

Concept: Living Bomb
Description: A pokemon who explodes when hit by a specific trigger.

The trigger could be something like:
-a specific type of attack (fire, for examples sake)
-or an attack that takes off over x% of hp (the x would usually be over 100% to prevent him exploding on just anything that hits him).

His purpose is to capitalize on the over-predictability of super powerful, super boosted, or weather boosted pokemon by making them think twice about blindly attacking. The "explosion" would be strong enough to either faint or damage a pokemon to the point of fainting to a single weak priority move. The pokebomb would of course, faint, after this happened to prevent focus band/sash abuse.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Concept: Living Bomb
Description: A pokemon who explodes when hit by a specific trigger.

The trigger could be something like:
-a specific type of attack (fire, for examples sake)
-or an attack that takes off over x% of hp (the x would usually be over 100% to prevent him exploding on just anything that hits him).

His purpose is to capitalize on the over-predictability of super powerful, super boosted, or weather boosted pokemon by making them think twice about blindly attacking. The "explosion" would be strong enough to either faint or damage a pokemon to the point of fainting to a single weak priority move. The pokebomb would of course, faint, after this happened to prevent focus band/sash abuse.
Thats like a sashed Electrode, only this one explodes on the switch in, not the next turn.

This is the last time I do, Read the rules: Only put the Description there and the rest goes to the Explanation. If you want to keep this post edit it like I did in the quote.

Guard Swap Destruction

Description: Basically, you get a normally frail PKMN, wait for a wall to come out, make sure you can actually outspeed it, use Guard Swap and then KILL IT!! Obviously good against walls such as Blissey.

Explanation: Yes I know Alakazam can do this, but he doesn't have enough Attack power, so to say, AND he has 85 base Sp. Def, so he can't exactly do this effectively enough for my liking.

Any thoughts?
Gaurd Swap exchanges stat boosts not actual stats.

The Gatling Gun and Anti-Substitute submissions could be combined together as multi hit moves can break subs and keep dealing damage.

I'm supporting the Baton Pass submission because I was going to suggest Baton Pass anyway.

Name: Stat Boost Thief
Description: This Pokemon would utilize moves such as Heart Swap, Power Swap, Gaurd Swap, and Psych Up to take stat boosts from the opponent and use them to sweep.

Explanation: I know this is pretty similar to the Anti-Stat Up submission but this Pokemon can also use the stat boosts instead of just erasing them. This Pokemon would obviously have to be bulky enough to take +2 hits.

LightWolf

lightwoof
In that it explodes? What kind of comparison is that?
Making a pokemon just to die, and take something whit it, nearly any exploding pokemon does that, and it would be just a more powerful version of Aftermath. Yes it can take out something that would be a threat to your team, but wasting a pokemon for that and leaving you whit only 5 others. All other exploders can do something other than just that(Heatran, Electrode, ect.) If you could tell what this pokemon could do, other than dying whit the enemy, would make it better.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Name: Bench Damage
Description: Like damaging Pokemon on the Bench in the TCG version of Pokemon, Bench Damage Pokemon damage opposing Pokemon not in battle.
No. That would change the mechanics of the server, so it's not going to work.

You're being too strict. Hax/anti-hax has plenty of options at its disposal.

Promoting Hax-
Abilities:
Compound Eyes, Effect Spore, Flame Body, Hustle, Mold Breaker, No Guard, Poison Point, Sand Veil, Serene Grace, Skill Link, Sniper, Snow Cloak, Static, Super Luck, Tangled Feet

Moves:
All attacks that can flinch, burn, freeze, sleep, paralyze, poison, confuse, or have a chance to reduce the stats of the opponent or improve your own

Reducing Hax-
Abilities:
Anger Point, Battle Armor, Clear Body, Early Bird, Flash Fire, Guts, Hydration, Immunity, Inner Focus, Insomnia, Keen Eye, Leaf Guard, Levitate, Limber, Magic Guard, Magma Armor, Marvel Scale, Motor Drive, Natural Cure, Own Tempo, Poison Heal, Quick Feet, Shed Skin, Shell Armor, Shield Dust, Steadfast, Syncronize, Tangled Feet, Vital Spirit, Water Veil, White Smoke

Types:
Fire, Ground, Ice, Poison, Steel

Moves:
Aromatherapy, Flame Wheel, Haze, Heal Bell, Magic Coat, Mist, Psycho Shift, Rest, Safeguard, and all perfect accuracy moves

------

Some of these punish your opponent for attempting to use hax rather than block it outright, but the point stands that a Hax/Anti-Hax pokemon is far from starved for options.
You're not getting my point. The point is, Hax/Anti-Hax has to be based around a combination of those things. It can't have an ability, type, or set of moves. There is a very small set of those that would fit for this concept, so I don't believe it's a legal submission.

Concept: Underused ability
Description: This pokemon gets an ability that is not often used and is given a chance at OU, or the ability is used for a different purpose.

This is restricting the ability to a few options, but there would still be enough to debate. similar to calling a pokemon a sweeper or something would impact it's stat build.

This would generally restrict ability to abilities that are not in OU, (ex: Aftermath), or abilities of only 1 pokemon (ex: Effect spore).

There are plenty of abilities not in standard, and a decent amount of good ones. I don't see this being too restricting.

This pokemon would be ability based. And would hopefully make good use of the abilit(y/ies) given.
Can't have a concept based on an ability.

Think before you actually submit a concept. Concepts based on ANY specific ability is not allowed. A concept based on a specific move is ok as long as it's not whole movesets. Read the OP.

Making a pokemon just to die, and take something whit it, nearly any exploding pokemon does that, and it would be just a more powerful version of Aftermath. Yes it can take out something that would be a threat to your team, but wasting a pokemon for that and leaving you whit only 5 others. All other exploders can do something other than just that(Heatran, Electrode, ect.) If you could tell what this pokemon could do, other than dying whit the enemy, would make it better.
I'm not really sure you understand what kind of potential a reactive/passive explosion trigger could do for stopping overly-powerful sweepers.

I'll walk you through the diffrerences of the move explosion and a reactive explosion.

Explosion depends a lot on your pokemon. You have to be either fast enough to use it, or you have to be sturdy enough to take a hit to use it. Against a boosted pokemon, you might not be able to fill either of those requirements. A reactive explosion depends on the power and speed of the opponent because they are the ones that trigger it. Switches also have a higher priority over anything, so you will always win in speed.

When the opponent sees your pokemon, they know right off the bat if it is capable of having explosion. Your opponent can see that explosion coming a mile away if you switch a pokemon who has no business being out against whatever they have. You must show your trump card to the opponent before you can use it. Your opponent can react accordingly. A reactive explosion can be switched in and utilized without your opponent even being able to change their decision.

Explosion is a move, and being so -- you must forgoe the oppertunity cost of using anything else while you are using it. With a reactive explosion, you are free to do anything you want and still have an atomic bomb behind you waiting to blow up if they make the wrong decisions.

You could not be faked out by protect/detect or a ghost, unless the ghost was boosted, then switching in a reactive explosion would be a stupid move anyway.

I'm not the best when it comes to balancing pokemon, that's why I'm not sure on what would be overpowered when you have something like this to deal with. I'm not sure that this thing should be able to cripple/sweep/tank amazingly or effectively, I'm giving a concept that is different and a lot of the major decisions are left to the very capable community.

For example, giving this thing thunder wave or will-o-wisp would allow you to not only threaten a boosted pokemon with an explosion, you could also cripple a switch in if they did not want to lose what they have out right now. I'm not sure I can fully comprehend how that would change a delicate metagame.

Actually, due to the guidelines of this thread I can't really discuss this concept anyways. Forget I said anything, I just wanted to try something a little more out-there. I personally think this is one of the most interesting ideas in this thread, but that is probably because I thought of it (HURR HURR)

LightWolf

lightwoof
I'm not really sure you understand what kind of potential a reactive/passive explosion trigger could do for stopping overly-powerful sweepers.

I'll walk you through the diffrerences of the move explosion and a reactive explosion.

Explosion depends a lot on your pokemon. You have to be either fast enough to use it, or you have to be sturdy enough to take a hit to use it. Against a boosted pokemon, you might not be able to fill either of those requirements. A reactive explosion depends on the power and speed of the opponent because they are the ones that trigger it. Switches also have a higher priority over anything, so you will always win in speed.

When the opponent sees your pokemon, they know right off the bat if it is capable of having explosion. Your opponent can see that explosion coming a mile away if you switch a pokemon who has no business being out against whatever they have. You must show your trump card to the opponent before you can use it. Your opponent can react accordingly. A reactive explosion can be switched in and utilized without your opponent even being able to change their decision.

Explosion is a move, and being so -- you must forgoe the oppertunity cost of using anything else while you are using it. With a reactive explosion, you are free to do anything you want and still have an atomic bomb behind you waiting to blow up if they make the wrong decisions.

You could not be faked out by protect/detect or a ghost, unless the ghost was boosted, then switching in a reactive explosion would be a stupid move anyway.

I'm not the best when it comes to balancing pokemon, that's why I'm not sure on what would be overpowered when you have something like this to deal with. I'm not sure that this thing should be able to cripple/sweep/tank amazingly or effectively, I'm giving a concept that is different and a lot of the major decisions are left to the very capable community.

For example, giving this thing thunder wave or will-o-wisp would allow you to not only threaten a boosted pokemon with an explosion, you could also cripple a switch in if they did not want to lose what they have out right now. I'm not sure I can fully comprehend how that would change a delicate metagame.

Actually, due to the guidelines of this thread I can't really discuss this concept anyways. Forget I said anything, I just wanted to try something a little more out-there. I personally think this is one of the most interesting ideas in this thread, but that is probably because I thought of it (HURR HURR)
It is really interesting, and you can discuss the concept, you just can't add it to the Description of your idea. But whit this added, it would be still an overpowered Aftermath, that makes you go BOOM when you get a big hit. If you could add a bit more information about how this ability's damage would be, how big hit would it take to activate it.

The problem is just this pokemon is ability based.

Guard Swap Destruction

Description: Basically, you get a normally frail PKMN, wait for a wall to come out, make sure you can actually outspeed it, use Guard Swap and then KILL IT!! Obviously good against walls such as Blissey.

Explanation: Yes I know Alakazam can do this, but he doesn't have enough Attack power, so to say, AND he has 85 base Sp. Def, so he can't exactly do this effectively enough for my liking.

Any thoughts?
Actually, scrap this one, I believe I've come up with a better one (and before you ask, yes I have deleted the post above)

True Garchomp Counter

Description: A Pokemon that is able to counter Garchomp effectively, even if it isn't stuck in an Outrage, without fearing a 1-2HKO from any of its moves or sacrificing one of it's teammates in order to move in.

I thought I'd bring this up because Garchomp can still be a problem in the CAP metagame. Trust me, I use one myself. Very few PKMN resist it's mighty EQ+Outrage/DClaw combo, and those that do (Skamory, Bronzong, and in the unlikely event that you find one, Shedinja) die to a SD'd Fire Fang. It's time for this CAP-Pokemon to fight back.

Garchomp's new enemy should be bulky, and it is essential that it isn't weak to Dragon, Ground or Fire, and preferable that it resists at least one of the three. I've also seen Garchomps carry Stone Edge, Brick Break and Crunch, so it also pays to have a resistance to Rock, Fighting and Dark, albeit this isn't a must. Defensive abilities also add to Garchomp's demise.

The next thing it needs, if it wants to go on the offensive, is an Ice- or Dragon-type attack. They don't have to be STABed, they just need to be there. Statuses can be used to cripple it (although I wouldn't use TWave if I were you), and recovery moves heal any wounds it suffers from battle. CAP5 should have access to anything and everything that can help it in the battle against Garchomp.

It is really interesting, and you can discuss the concept, you just can't add it to the Description of your idea. But whit this added, it would be still an overpowered Aftermath, that makes you go BOOM when you get a big hit. If you could add a bit more information about how this ability's damage would be, how big hit would it take to activate it.

The problem is just this pokemon is ability based.
I totally agree with you, it is a more powerful aftermath. I feel that power is a big deal when talking about something like this. Aftermath is percentage based in that it always does 25% to whatever killed it with a direct attack. That means it could do ~6 to ~100+ depending on what hit it with a killing blow. This can stop a reversal/flail user (disregard that the only major user of aftermath in OU is a ghost type who can also carry unburden), but besides it's a slap on the wrist. The 25% percent damage will always mean it is a slap on the wrist. With an explosion, you are doing a set amount of big damage. Damage that moves from one set of variables (hp under 25% = enjoy your death) to a totally diffrerent set of variables (defenses/typing bad = enjoy your death).

The best part of making a pokemon like this on a forum like this is that everyone has a say in what his base attack can be. Want a strong explosion? you have the option go 90+ and balance him around that. Want to kill a weavile but not a garchomp? then put his attack anywhere in that area. If you got him burned/intimidated, shame on you -- now his explosion sucks. Want his explosion to trigger on something else, you have a say on that too. I tried my best to make it as open to suggestion as possible, but even the mere hinting of an ability automatically invalidates him -- so fission mailed to me.

As much as I hate letting an idea I feel very strongly about go due to the rules and guidelines, such is the nature of this thread.

That would be really broken. 10% (just saying) damage taken from every pokemon on your team everytime you use it? Even 5%, it's still broken and yes, it is going to be hard to implement.
He never said it would affect all Pokemon nor do a preset amount of damage. I thought it would be more like

X Pokemon used Brick Break
Select random Pokemon on opponents team
Apply damage as normal

So all this really does is make switching not that effective. I don't find this too cheap though as the opponents "active" Pokemon will be able to set up right in your face with you being unable to hit it.

Do not duplicate or closely-resemble Concepts already posted by others. It is your responsibility to read through all past submissions to ensure you are complying with this rule. Ignorance or laziness is not an excuse.
^Does this actually include submissions from CAP4?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
He never said it would affect all Pokemon nor do a preset amount of damage. I thought it would be more like

X Pokemon used Brick Break
Select random Pokemon on opponents team
Apply damage as normal

So all this really does is make switching not that effective. I don't find this too cheap though as the opponents "active" Pokemon will be able to set up right in your face with you being unable to hit it.
Actually, thats not really fair. It would also require a special ability, plus the fact that it's going to change mechanics. So it's not really a legal submission.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Do not duplicate or closely-resemble Concepts already posted by others. It is your responsibility to read through all past submissions to ensure you are complying with this rule. Ignorance or laziness is not an excuse.
^Does this actually include submissions from CAP4?
No. Only submissions from this thread. I will edit the OP to make that a little clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)