CAP 5 CAP 5 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Speeding kills/Speed police
Concept: A pokemon that counters speedy pokemon by punishing them with moves like Gyro ball. This pokemon should have bulky defences but ok or average offense.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Concept: A pokemon that counters speedy pokemon by punishing them with moves like Gyro ball. This pokemon should have bulky defences but ok or average offense.
You might want to elaborate just a bit (but don't get too specific) because that basically sounds like Bronzong to me :/

He means a Pokemon that specializes in punishing the Pokemon who moves first or faster with moves like Avalanche and Gyro Ball and Payback and things like that.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Rules said:
Movepools or lists of moves are not allowed.
This concept quite clearly revolves around a set of moves. Also, Bronzong is what you're looking for, or Swampert.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
After reading the whole thread I think there are like 10 ideas that are not against the rules. Even those have things that the rules say are acceptable
It is acceptable to use descriptive phrases like "fast", "bulky", "strong attacker", etc
Indications of Physical/Special bias are discouraged, but acceptable if it is essential to the Concept.
At least it will be not to hard to choose the ideas we can vote for:naughty:

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
After reading the whole thread I think there are like 10 ideas that are not against the rules.
Yeah, its ridiculous that so many people didn't take the time to read the rules and made sure they worded their concepts so they were legal. Makes the TL's job easier though.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
"This concept quite clearly revolves around a set of moves. Also, Bronzong is what you're looking for, or Swampert."
No... it has one move, not a list or full movepool.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Concept: A pokemon that counters speedy pokemon by punishing them with MOVES like Gyro ball. This pokemon should have bulky defences but ok or average offense.
Well here he said moves, and that means using other things that punish them. So he wants to use a list of moves that do that.

Well here he said moves, and that means using other things that punish them. So he wants to use a list of moves that do that.
He/She didn't specifically say which moves it will have. Gyro Ball is basically the move that the pokemon will be based around. But Bronzong is centered around support + Gyro Ball so we don't need another one.

Name: Jynx Evolution
Concept: A Jynx Evolution that carries on from the small girl --- mature female pattern that it currently has. Gives Jynx the much needed elevation from UU, and will also be the first CAP evolution of a current Pokemon. Ups Jynx's highest stats of Speed and Sp.Atk mostly and becomes a fantastic special sweeper and possible lead.
That would be a good idea for the future Create-An-Evolution project, not here. Save it for the future.

Aah, ok. I had another concept anyway, so I'll use this next one as my suggestion.
DELETED LAST POST. Syprus didn't double post. :D

Name: Ultimate Status Inflicter
Concept: A Pokemon that can inflict all statuses with so many possibilites. This unpredictable Pokemon will be a great lead in Overused and could have high speed in order for it's statuses to strike. Many leads may not be able to counter it so fast, so if having high speed is too broken for the metagame, make it's speed slightly slower.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Aah, ok. I had another concept anyway, so I'll use this next one as my suggestion.
DELETED LAST POST. Syprus didn't double post. :D

Name: Ultimate Status Inflicter
Concept: A Pokemon that can inflict all statuses with so many possibilites. This unpredictable Pokemon will be a great lead in Overused and could have high speed in order for it's statuses to strike. Many leads may not be able to counter it so fast, so if having high speed is too broken for the metagame, make it's speed slightly slower.
And this one is already posted. Well do you have an idea #3?

tennisace

"This concept quite clearly revolves around a set of moves. Also, Bronzong is what you're looking for, or Swampert."
No... it has one move, not a list or full movepool.
Yeah. There's only about 3 or 4 moves that "punish you" for having higher speed.

Name: Lockdown
Description: a pokemon that can make a certain type of pokemon virtually unusable.

Explanation: i'm not sure if i've illustrated my point very well, so i'll give you an example of a physical-sweeper lockdowner. this pokemon would probably have a above average Def stat, and a moveset like this:

will-o-wisp
T-wave
Charm
some attacking move.

which allows it to lower both the opponent's speed and attack with paralysis and burn, and then using charm to make it nearly useless. another possibilty would be to make it so that the opponent couldn't retreat either with an ability.
This is just one example of what I mean. I think of it as sort of an annoyer/wall towards a single type of pokemon.

opinions?
Is this entry valid/good? i'd hate to waste my ONE entry on a crappy idea.

Hmmm. I think many of you have misunderstood the rules (including you tennis).

It seems you believe that if a concept revolves around, EITHER an ability, type, bias, or type of moves, then it is illegal. I think that is wrong.

The way I interpreted the rules (I have read and reread them many times) was that your concept could not SPECIFY any ability, type, or movepool. As in, you cannot explicitly say you want the ability Intimidate, the type Electric, or the moves: tailwind, encore, rapid spin, spikes, toxic spikes, thunder, blizzard, trick room, gravity etc. I am also aware that it is illegal to specify a type or ability by listing an effect that can ONLY be achieved through a specific ability or type; like "immune to electric attacks" or "cuts the enemy's attack automatically."

The thing is, my concept, as well as some others deemed illegal (not all) actually don't do any of that. My concept would have to be achieved through the use of some ability OR some moves. I have not said which, in fact there are a multitude of options and combinations that allow my concept to be achieved. It is left wide open, just like a special wall or physical sweeper when it comes to how to go about fulfilling the idea. A sweeper would rely on good stats, its typing, a possible offensively oriented ability, and a good offensive movepool. My concept is just as legal as that and I don't think it should be dismissed.

Name: Item "Abuser"
Concept: The Poke' would specifically make use of its item through its ability or moves that incorporate it's held item.

tennisace

Is this entry valid/good? i'd hate to waste my ONE entry on a crappy idea.
Don't bump your entry.

Hmmm. I think many of you have misunderstood the rules (including you tennis).

It seems you believe that if a concept revolves around, EITHER an ability, type, bias, or type of moves, then it is illegal. I think that is wrong.

The way I interpreted the rules (I have read and reread them many times) was that your concept could not SPECIFY any ability, type, or movepool. As in, you cannot explicitly say you want the ability Intimidate, the type Electric, or the moves: tailwind, encore, rapid spin, spikes, toxic spikes, thunder, blizzard, trick room, gravity etc. I am also aware that it is illegal to specify a type or ability by listing an effect that can ONLY be achieved through a specific ability or type; like "immune to electric attacks" or "cuts the enemy's attack automatically."

The thing is, my concept, as well as some others deemed illegal (not all) actually don't do any of that. My concept would have to be achieved through the use of some ability OR some moves. I have not said which, in fact there are a multitude of options and combinations that allow my concept to be achieved. It is left wide open, just like a special wall or physical sweeper when it comes to how to go about fulfilling the idea. A sweeper would rely on good stats, its typing, a possible offensively oriented ability, and a good offensive movepool. My concept is just as legal as that and I don't think it should be dismissed.
It needs an ability to complete the concept. Ergo, it's illegal.

Name: Item "Abuser"
Concept: The Poke' would specifically make use of its item through its ability or moves that incorporate it's held item.
It needs an ability to complete the concept. Ergo, it's illegal.

tennisace

Nah, he said ability or moves. Shouldn't it be okay if there are still a wide range of abilities for the concept to work with?
No, because it still depends on an ability to function. It doesn't matter what said ability is, or how many it could be, its still ability dependent. Even if it WASN'T, it would depend on a specific set of moves. So either way, its out.

In any case, excellent avatar. x)
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)