CAP 4 CAP 4 - Base Stat Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admiral_Stalfos19, the Physical/Defense Balance is suppose to be Slightly towards Defense. I think that's the problem with your spread, that and it's bulkiness.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No offence, but that looks really similar to the masses of people submitting spreads, and with the way the latest poll is going, I don't think that the PSB is going to cut it. I also think that 115 speed is Starmie's territory as a supporter.

Was my spread really that bad? Just because I didn't post in the previous threads doesn't mean that I didn't look at them or that I didn't care.

Well, keeping with the theme of high speed and good defense, I thought of a spread that is somewhat unique, although I used round, divisible by 5 numbers.

BST: 550

150 HP / 65 ATK / 70 DEF / 65 SP. ATK / 70 SP. DEF / 130 SPD

Physical Sweepiness: 104 Rank 0: Average
Physical Tankiness: 140 Rank 3: Good
Special Sweepiness: 104 Rank 0: Average
Special Tankiness: 140 Rank 3: Good
Offensive/Defensive Balance: Moderate Bias to Defense
Physical/Special Balance: 0.0 No Bias
Overall Rating: 309 Very Good

Now, let me explain. My vision for this pokemon would have to be Celebi and Blissey-like support in a faster, more defensive oriented version of Vaporeon or Hariyama. It would make a great bulky lead for either an offensive or defensive team. With Encore, both Screens, and Instant recovery, this pokemon could help bring defend against many common threats, similar to Cresselia, without losing its personality and uniqueness. For me, there would be nothing better than to have a pokemon switch in on a DD Gyara/Tar/Mence, Taunt or Encore it before it can DD (twice for Gyara or Mence) then Counter a coming attack for a KO. Like Wob without the "cheapness" and more options.

The Hp, at 150, is not a new number, but it is a very high number that allows for 101 subs before investing in HP. Remember that Giratina shares this deadly number. Keeping that in mind, I had to keep his other stats quite low to avoid creating another Cresselia. At 70 Defense each, neither are high and it poses a challenge on how to Ev this Pokemon. With many possible Ev spreads, it would add to the unpredictability of this to-be Pokemon. Plus, this would be an ideal user of either Counter or Mirror Coat, two useful support moves.

The Speed, at 130 is another important number. First of all, I did not make it "broken" as 140 would. This only ties with Jolteon and Aerodactyl. Most importantly, it does not reach into the speed range with Scarf Hera and others, like a base 140 Speed pokemon would. With 416 Speed, I would have to say that this Pokemon would be broken. Not the case with 394 Speed.

One of my goals for this pokemon was to be able to switch into faster sweepers and Encore their stat-upping move. Namely Garchomp and Infernape. With a + Speed Nature and just 32 Ev's, this pokemon can outspeed all SD Chomps and hit them with an Encore before they know what happened. There is also room to invest enough Ev's to beat Azelf and Raikou to their Np/CM, respectively.

I had to make sure that his offenses were crap after giving him such good offenses. After all, we do already have offensively capable support pokemon: Breloom, Hariyama, Vaporeon, Celebi/Jirachi, and others. The key for this pokemon is that it cannot invest enough ev's to be threatening as a sweeper. That is the price that its utility comes at. Even if all the ev's are invested in attack and speed, he cannot be that threatening, as his defenses won't be high enough to withstand many SE attacks thrown at him.

Counter/Mirror Coat would be a given on this pokemon. Hopefully it wouldn't be as dangerous as it was on Wobbuffet.

I underlined where I discussed each part of the pokemons base stat (minus attacking stats) to make it easier to read.
Or does it not meet certain specifications? I did try to explain my choices reasonably.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Actually there are two things wrong with your spread, one technical, one opinion. First, the ODB is wrong, its too defensive. it should be within -5 and -10, not -16.2. Second, the HP and Speed combined is broken. 252 hp, 252 speed timid/jolly would just break the metagame. Its too fast, and too defensive.

I have edited my spread again:
110/85/90/60/95/115
This comes out to a Slight Bias to Defense and Moderate Bias to Physical.
Gave the attacking stat a respectable 85, which is quite a usable number without being to overpowering of an attack stat.

Edit: Edited yet again, because it seems Slight Physical Bias may win.
So here is a Slight Physical Bias Spread:
110/80/85/60/95/115
Decent attacking power at 80, tying with Tentacruel's Special Attack.
Workable yet not overly bulky defenses that allow room for a 50% recovery move.
Speed that can meet Starmie, Azelf, and Raikou, and easily beats Garchomp and friends near that tier.
Over 100 Hp for those 101 subs we all enjoy.

100/80/95/70/95/105=540

This is the updated set, I'm not sure do to do calculations for attacks on it, so your going to have to bear with my guesses, and theory.

HP:100 is for 2 reasons. You can go with can go with 172 EVS to get the best leftovers recovery, which has a good chance of being the main item for it then put the rest of it into a defense to make it into more of a wall. Or you can go with the 252 to get 101 subs, and give it a free attack if they switch. This would be viable if we give it baton pass and sub. Or if you have good prediction.

ATK: Gives it a decent atk stat, similar to unboosted Dugtrio. Decent enough to do some damage when needed, but not enough to really sweep without help. Going to need Earthquakes' BP to do alot of damage. I think that Earthquake can be used by it's self, if we put Gravity over *Insert poison attack* thru stopping almost all immunitys.

DEF: Gives it a big boost to help survive some important attacks, that I'm not sure of. The typing doesn't give any advantage to the other's weaknesses, but adds more, so a higher defense stat is going to be used as it's way to survive.

SATK: Took a hit to make it more physical. Only would be used for Sludge bomb, and to kill physical walls. Could go the same way as the gimmick Special Gyrados. and work, but would be just that. A gimmick. HP ice or electricity could work to stop bulky waters, and ground types from walling you. Gave it 5 more.

SDEF: See Normal defense. Nothing really different, but may need to get higher to take surfs and crap.

SPD: 105 seems to be a good number for this. Keeps it really fast, but not broken fast. at max it reaches 339. Outspeeds everything slower then neutral 252 base 120s. But will never out speed anything faster then Max speed Infernape. This means Gengar, Weavile, Dugrio, Crobat,and I think +2 speed Gyrados. These are all in theory, good counters to this. Due to them out speeding, and having a way of to Stoping them.

BST: 545 makes it higher then Gyrados, Snorlax, Blissey, Miloic,Kingdra, and Electivire. All BL or above. This means nothing, but shows that this total gives it a chance to be atleast BL.

Slightly biased toward defense (-6.7)
Slight bias to physical(7)

Fits in all the guidelines, and can be easily changed to be more or less right.

No offence, but that looks really similar to the masses of people submitting spreads, and with the way the latest poll is going, I don't think that the PSB is going to cut it.
None taken. This is really harder than I thought to come up with a decent that's not too not too overpowering or close to one that's already been taken...

I'll try this, let me know if it's indecent or similar to one that's taken

98HP/80ATK/97DEF/56SAT/87SDF/112SPE

Here is my spread:

100HP / 80Atk / 100Def / 40SpA / 90SpD / 110Spe
which gives:

Physical Sweepiness: Moderately Good
Physical Tankiness: Very Good
Special Sweepiness: Very Bad
Special Tankiness: Good
ODB: -8.4
PSB: 38.6 (because of its Sp Atk, 80 gives 4.9, but I don't think it needs much of a Special Attacking stat.)
BST: 515
Overall: 292 (Quite Good)

Damage Calculations:
Max HP, Def, Impish

CB Heracross (Adamant) Megahorn/Close Combat: 27.97%-32.92%
with Guts, 41.83% - 49.26%

Jolly Garchomp 2HKOs with Earthquake. (58.42% - 68.81%)

Expert Belt Weavile, Ice Punch (Jolly): (49.75% - 59.41%)

Looks like a good physical wall to me. Hits 404 HP. Can dish out some decent damage with EQ, but that's it. (Does 80.27% - 95.92% to Infernape.) Base Speed 110 helps it outspeed the 110 tier only with investments in Speed EVs, which would lower its Defensive capabilities.

tennisace

It seems that Almost all the spreads are starting to look the same, or is it just me?

tennisace

It shows that this thread has run its course, and also shows what a lot of the community wants in a spread.

I just thought of something. Do we really need to invest a lot stat points in defenses when he/she/it/the potential pokemon can use light Screen/Reflect?

tennisace

Let me answer your question with a question: Do we definitively know that it will get X move? Also, the stats can be anything as long as it falls within Slightly Defensive on X-Act's calculator.

May I have the link to the calculator... It seems I may have misplaced that link. And What are the boundaries of each potential stat as of now? It seems the community has agreed to speeds no greater than 109-115 (although I'm all for Jolteon speeds and outspeeding Weavile) and defenses around the 90s and we're leaning more to ATK than SP. ATK. Am I correct?

tennisace

May I have the link to the calculator... It seems I may have misplaced that link. And What are the boundaries of each potential stat as of now? It seems the community has agreed to speeds no greater than 109-115 (although I'm all for Jolteon speeds and outspeeding Weavile) and defenses around the 90s and we're leaning more to ATK than SP. ATK. Am I correct?
There aren't "boundries" per say, but the ODB has to be within -5 and -10, and the PSB has to be within 5-20, because thats how the poll is looking right now.

Doing this Base stat build made me realize, I suck at this! I don't know what I'm trying to make, there are too many options! Am I suppose to give this guy attacking power, a lot of speed, or just defenses? And when I'm reading these post it seems that we changed this from outspeed everyone to outspeed only our primary threats. Who are the threats that we are trying to outspeed? Who or what threats should we leave alone? Why am I asking so many questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)