CAP 4 CAP 4 - Base Stat Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now...if you want high Speed... I really recommend you tone down these 110 / 100 / 100 defensive spreads....

....Yea, if you want high Speed, tone down your defensiveness...if you want higher defense, tone down your Speed boys.
How toned down do you want it? Like you like 90/70/70 defensive spreads if they have 130+ speed?

You know, the Smog Imp in the Art Submission thread got me thinking. If it, or any other Celebi-type Pokémon concept were to be selected, I think it would make a lot of sense and take great strides towards well diversifying the metagame if we just made it 100/100/100/100/100/100. It's fast enough, hits hard enough, takes hits well enough, and makes 101 HP substitutes well enough to keep everybody happy! And it really wouldn't break anything open. Moreover, it would fit a support Pokémon pretty well.

OK, guys, lol. This thing will have Encore, and a 50% recovery move for sure. Count on it.

Now...if you want high Speed... I really recommend you tone down these 110 / 100 / 100 defensive spreads, because now you are getting into the territory where even I am becoming uncomfortable with how broken this will be. And trust me, I want to make this an amazing utility guy.

High Speed, and better than Celebi defenses + access to Light Screen, Reflect, Wish, and a 50% recovery move without the negative typing of Celebi scares me...BEFORE we include the fact that this thing will have Encore, arguably the most useful utility move for offensive teams.

Yea, if you want high Speed, tone down your defensiveness...if you want higher defense, tone down your Speed boys.
Well, it does have a defense bias according to the polls, keeping that in mind I update my submission to

100/65/80/65/80/140 = 530
104 P/S sweepiness (Average)
120 P/S Tankiness (Above Average, 1 point above Kingdra)
-7.9, slight defense bias
0.0 no phys/spec bias

236 Overall

This cuts down it's defensive power to about on par with Kingdra, a balanced Pokemon that no one expects to use for walling. Maintaining the 100 HP allows it to make 101 Subs, while 65 attacking stats gives it low, but not entirely worthless attacking potential. 140 Speed at best ties with electrode, and at worst is 1 point below jolly Arcanine.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here is my new spread after seeing the results of the last poll:

91/75/95/65/95/109 = 530

Here's an in-depth look at the stats:

HP: The hp is the same base HP as Dragonite, and to be frank, it works with him. This thing is probably going to max Speed and HP, and 386 hp is none too shabby.

Attack: I originally didn't want to go this low, but with it being slightly defensive, I was forced too. Still, base 75 is decent seeing as this is going to be a supporter, not an attacker. I want this to be physical based to it can use Cross Poison, Poison Jab, Earthquake, and the like. However, it should get few to no Non-STAB moves, save for Knock Off and/or Pursuit.

Defense: This is the same as Togekiss and Dragonite, and both are quite sturdy. This will definitely help it set up, combined with its other stats. Also, combined with its HP, this will make taking on Heracross and Lucario even easier.

Adamant CB Hera 252 Attack Megahorn vs
Impish New Pogeman 252 HP/Def:
Damage: 30.57% - 36.01%

Smexy, huh?

Special Attack: We can say one thing's for sure: this spread isn't made for special attacking. Base 65 isn't that bad, but it's not that good either. It could be useful for a gimmick set, like Revenankh's Nasty Plot set, but other than that it's pretty useless.

Special Defense: Same as the defense to keep it balanced, and the same SpD as Heracross, Porygon-2, Vaporeon, and Magmortar. This allows it to take hits from the special side as well as on the physical side, and softens the blow from Ice Beams.

Speed: This right here is the most important part of the spread. Now, you may be thinking that stats not divisible by 5 are fanboyish and cheezy. However, there is a very good reason for this. Infernape is Base 108. This will completely outspeed Infernape given 232 Evs, and all Base 105s along with it. This ability comes with a price however. Even with max speed, it will NEVER be able to outspeed base 110s. That is what saves it from being broken, because it can never touch Gengar. Its useful, but its not like Syclant's 121, where it ALWAYS outspeeds Base 120s.

Well there you have it. Rate it please, I want some feed back so I know what I have to improve after the results of the next poll.

I must say tennisace I really am impressed with that ^ spread you just made. It looks balanced, meets the requirements met by the style polls, and it reflects what Alderon posted about the potential brokenness of some of the stats mentioned so far. I also like how none of the stats are over the 100 mark, which makes this Pokemon at least look not broken to the many people who go on the server and see these pokemon for the first time. This is so far the best spread for a pure utility pokemon (with X-act's coming in at 2nd place).

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks, that was actually the point of the spread, to not go over 100 on anything but speed and still make an amazing pokemon. It just goes to show people that BST means nothing, and how you can play around with X-Act's app.

Idea: We give this thing really low attack and go for the "Adaptability" ability, so that even if it only has 50 attack, it'll still be able to have a mean Earthquake.

tennisace

Who actually uses sub passing on the CAP server? And with the movepool we want to give this, I doubt that it will have room for Baton Pass anywhere.

EDIT: A bit poll jumpy and it doesn't fit. Adaptability with EQ coming off 50 attack still does crap.

90/80/100/55/95/110

A big "what if" spread. Seem people are wanting a Physically Mixed Pokemon.

HP: 90 is an all-around good to have in HP, thus I'm sticking with it. 384 HP max is one of those perfect leftover numbers, and with it's defenses helps it take a few good hits from others.

Attack: I was trying to lower it to around 75 or so, but the damn thing wouldn't let me get to the desired rating so yeah. 80 in attack allows it to hit thing back with some force, but only with SE or STAB'd hits.

Defense: Same as Celebi, Jirchai, and Scizor. Can take hits on the physical side mighty well, and if you don't believe me look at this damage calcs:

Adamant, BandCross using Close Combat/Megahorn
Impish Poison/Ground Poke, Max HP/Def:
Damage: 29.43% - 34.64%

Adamant BandCross Stone Edge:
Damage: 19.53% - 23.18%

Adamant BandCross NightSlash
Damage: 22.92% - 27.08%

Awesome, isn't it.
Yes, I used the same example as Tennis. Couldn't think of a better test subject than good ol' dildo nose

Special Attack: Really just luggage no one wants. Too low and worthless for any real use.

Special Defense: Somewhat balanced with it's defense. It will allow it to take a blow or two from specials. This would be considered it's weak spot which to some is a good thing to have.

Speed: You all wanted speed so here it is. This baby has the ability to out speed all Pokemon below 110, just by maxing out this stat. The price for doing so means that you're less defensive than normal, which in turns mean you'll take hits much harder.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
My stat spread doesn't count anymore as its ODB is 'No Bias', whereas 'Slightly Biased to Defense' has been voted for.

I decided not to post anymore stat spreads for the time being, but just wait for the base stat polls to end. My eventual stat spread will surely have low HP though.

Ok I made a few different sets.

My original
105/75/95/60/95/115 = 545

Slightly less defensive set
90/80/100/65/95/105= 530
*Just saw GT's spread, and realized we made nearly the same thing 0_o*

Slow Set
110/90/90/75/95/85=535

I would like to see somthing with a lot of speed in this project. As a support poke, I would rather see it be able to come in on stat uppers (garchomp!) and encore them to death and then proceed to support.

So my spread is:

91/81/100/50/90/131= 543

The BST is not overly high and the physical offense is usable while not being high enough for this thing to pose a threat as a sweeper. Speed hits 131 to be able to outspeed most everything if desired, and garchomp and potential stat up sweepers without excessive investment. Say, 148 evs to outspeed all garchomps (sans scarf) with a neutural nature.

According to X-acts calculator, this spread allows for

Physical sweepiness: 129 rank 2. moderatly good
Physical tankiness: 137 rank 3. good
Special sweepiness: 82 rank -2. moderatly bad
Special tankiness: 126 rank 2. moderatly good

Offense/Defense balance: -3.3 no bias (even though I think it's more defenseively skewed)

Phyisical/Special balance: 29.7 Bias to phyisical

Overall Rating: 293 Quite Good

i was thinking about making one myself for defence spread for an eevee evolution, guess i can bring it to stand here with modification to 550

90/65/130/60/110/95

Dosen't that seem a little bit broken? with that it can hits 5 points less than tangrowth physicaly and out speeds things while being very solid specialy. Heck, with light screen that is one unbreakable wall with 252/252 hp def.

tennisace

I would like to see somthing with a lot of speed in this project. As a support poke, I would rather see it be able to come in on stat uppers (garchomp!) and encore them to death and then proceed to support.

So my spread is:

91/81/100/50/90/131= 543

The BST is not overly high and the physical offense is usable while not being high enough for this thing to pose a threat as a sweeper. Speed hits 131 to be able to outspeed most everything if desired, and garchomp and potential stat up sweepers without excessive investment. Say, 148 evs to outspeed all garchomps (sans scarf) with a neutural nature.

According to X-acts calculator, this spread allows for

Physical sweepiness: 129 rank 2. moderatly good
Physical tankiness: 137 rank 3. good
Special sweepiness: 82 rank -2. moderatly bad
Special tankiness: 126 rank 2. moderatly good

Offense/Defense balance: -3.3 no bias (even though I think it's more defenseively skewed)

Phyisical/Special balance: 29.7 Bias to phyisical

Overall Rating: 293 Quite Good
Two things:
One is that the ODB is supposed to be between -5 and -10, slightly towards physical.

Two is that, again, intentionally outspeeding a whole speed tier (the highest tier no less) just doesn't sit well with me and a bunch of others because of Syclant's 121.

i was thinking about making one myself for defence spread for an eevee evolution, guess i can bring it to stand here with modification to 550

90/65/130/60/110/95
As Chaos9 said, that is a bit TOO defensive.
This is what X-Act's applet says about it:
Physical Sweepiness: 0 Average
Physical Tankiness: 5 Extremely Good
Special Sweepiness: -1 Below Average
Special Tankiness: 4 Very good
ODB: -31.6 Large Bias to Defense
PSB: 11.8 Moderate Bias to Physical
Overall: 389 Very Good

As you can see, the ODB is way out of wack.

Edit: GT, your spread is quite solid, but you stole my Hera Calcs =( It looks like mine a bit, but i didn't want to go that low for the Special Attack, and that High on the Defense. Otherwise, Good.

Edit: GT, your spread is quite solid, but you stole my Hera Calcs =( It looks like mine a bit, but i didn't want to go that low for the Special Attack, and that High on the Defense. Otherwise, Good.
Sorry about that ^.^;. I was going to put more Calcs involving Luke, Dos, and some others but didn't have the time.

Well to be honest, I was trying to lower it's Defense to a more comfortable level. The only problem was I was trying to get it below 300 in overall rating, Bias towards Physical(based on the bias poll at the time), and still have that Slight bias towards Defense. With all those restrictions, I had a little room to do anything. Now since the poll showns that people perfer Mixed instead, I got a bit more wiggle room.

tennisace

I see. Also, what did you use for the defender that had 90 hp and 100 def, because the stab and se might be screwed up.

I didn't realized MetalKid did that to damage. Thanks for the link towards a better calculator.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. Best damage calc ever.

Why am I not getting any comments lately? I just wanna know is if it's any good/too good, plus or minus any suggestions.

Here's my revised spread:

110HP/75ATK/110DEF/55SAT/90SDF/115SPE

Total: 555 BST

110HP/110DEF/90SDF:

These stats are unchanged 'cause they maximize bulk without allowing the PKMN to be too close to Uber (and even if it was, Giratina and Lugia make better Uber walls anyway). Part of being the ultimate utility PKMN is being able to be relied upon at any time, and bulk and speed approx. reliability

75ATK/55SAT/115SPE

Now these stats are the ones that have been changed. Attack and sp.atk have been hacked to increase speed, 'cause speed <<<<< attack + sp.atk on a utility. The extra speed also improves reliability, as it can now some outspeed enemy sweepers like Garchomp, Infernape. If it must attack, it can still do so with 75ATK (or if you're mad; 55SAT)

Physical Sweepiness: 1
Physical Tankiness: 5
Special Sweepiness: -1
Special Tankiness: 3
Mod Bias to Defense
Bias to Physical
Overall Rating: Very Good

Rate away

tennisace

Personally, I think the defenses are way too high with that speed. Tone down the defenses if you want it to be that fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)