CAP 4 CAP 4 - Art Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on how close the stat spread polls are, it could be as early as 2 polls from now. We're currently on stat rating, next is stat spread, and then art.

Well, I can buy the "being brought to life via poisonous soil" theory. It could still be considered a Poison/Ground just by having back stories and artwork that implies it's a Poison/Ground. A lot of these pictures and concept have multiple type combo deep within them, just some are more predominant than others. I could say that "Daddy Longlegs" remind me more of a Ground/Bug than Poison/Ground by it's appearance. I think we should all remember that making a creature with the right balance of "type X" and "type Y" is hard at times.

Poison Fume Wheel by Cebri01
Doug's Poison/Ground snake
Poison Horned Lizard/Top
Daddy LongLegs
Magic Naga
Oho thingy, Oho concept post
Cartoony toxic monster
Thorny Devil
Porcupine, More from UberMunch
Deadly armadillo, concept sheet
Sand Worm
Holy Crap, it's a spider
Smog Imp, Original Smog Imp, Poison Lizard from the same person that made Smog Imp, What the hell 0_o
Snake/Velvet worm combo
Gila Monster
Two for one sale
Darth Meanie's attempt
Shield Critter
I are not Poison/Dragon. I are Poison/Ground
Is that some kind of comprehensive list?

I think you may have overlooked mine.

Is that some kind of comprehensive list?

I think you may have overlooked mine.
You can say that. It's #1 job is to keep track of all the entries so far.

I didn't overlooked your, in fact I saw it quite well. The reason I didn't add yours is because the image in your concept post was missing.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
You can say that. It's #1 job is to keep track of all the entries so far.

I didn't overlooked your, in fact I saw it quite well. The reason I didn't add yours is because the image in your concept post was missing.
And the Shine Trap is where...?

This is my entry. He's kind of a porcupine-rat-mole-draftsman. I personally love how it turned out.

The poison type is covered by not only the poisonous spurs on his legs (and noxious-colored coat), but also the poison-coated stylus he draws with.

The ground type is covered by what animals he is primarily comprised of, as they are natural burrowers. He has a very naturalistic apron-like fur pattern as well.

I wanted to make a pokemon that looked like he could draw walls, pull anything out of his pouch to help the team (he's a marsupial, that's no pocket), and spin at will. I wanted to make a pokemon who fit the whole utility concept.
Ok, there it is.

I guess I must have accidently removed the original pic or something.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Didn't included joke entries. I thought you say most of your drawing were joke entries?
There were a few joke pieces from me: Hamburger, Katamarimon, Purpzebra, (and, though not mine, the "Warthog"). The Shine-Trap wasn't one of them. In fact, it was my most serious one, though one of my least well-rendered. Glass Cannon I realized the design was poor, and Konjesting I hadn't known about the no-evo rule.
Sorry. I suppose I should have made it clear that, by most serious, I meant that entry was not a joke one.

Thanks for the wonderful comments. ^o^ Yeah, I do agree it looks a little more Ghostly or supernatural or whatever, but that's so it would be feasible for it to use Trick Room, Hypnosis and maybe even Psycho Shift. (And while the original plan was to make a toxic variant of the Japanese wheel ghost, I just realised it looks like a mix-breed of Koffing and Baltoy. -_-) Besides, Altaria is more birdlike than Dragon, and I don't see anyone complaining (much). ^^;

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
You cant submit Lorak's work as your own.
Well, he has my permission to do so. We'll just say it was a joint submission, if that's okay. He laid down the sketch and original concept, I re-rendered it. He has my permission to use the re-render as a submission, just as he gave me his permission to render it.

To be perfectly honest with you Chrono, I didn't know you had even submitted anything until you just mentioned it on this page. I had to go back and find it after I saw this post because of that. Otherwise I would have said something before. :P
People like to ignore my posts for some reason XD dunno why, but just look at GothicTogekiss's post. Just a few posts after the one I'm now quoting and he omitted my submission somehow. Granted I know it's not going to end up winning, but I mean as long as he's creating links to every last submission, I mean why *not* include mine?

GT here it is, one more time: my submission

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I'm only dropping in to see how one of my favorite aspects of the CAP Polls is proceeding.

I really wish to high heaven I could participate in this, but even if I could, I likely wouldn't be able to get one in in time.

Well, I do have the rest of tonight to remain on a computer, maybe I can submit an entry or two...

Does anyone have a comment on MY ideas? Or are they to crappy to be even mentioned? Is Doug's all you guys can talk about? Hmm. Fine then. I'll go lose the upcoming poll in silence.

Does anyone have a comment on MY ideas? Or are they to crappy to be even mentioned? Is Doug's all you guys can talk about? Hmm. Fine then. I'll go lose the upcoming poll in silence.
A picture says a thousand words, or so they say. While I did see you talking about ideas, I didn't see any pictures to express them. And besides that, the ideas you had suggested were already quite old - Mongolian Death Worm was one of the first things suggested to base something on (and is where I got the basis for my own), and snake is pretty self-evident... in other words, you kinda just re-stated obviousities. Sorry to burst your bubble. At this point, I don't think there's gonna be anything else creative/design-wise coming around the corner; things are looking pretty wrapped up as far as art ideas/submissions (hence why GT is making the list for people to reference/look at the drawings).

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm only dropping in to see how one of my favorite aspects of the CAP Polls is proceeding.

I really wish to high heaven I could participate in this, but even if I could, I likely wouldn't be able to get one in in time.

Well, I do have the rest of tonight to remain on a computer, maybe I can submit an entry or two...
Look what the cat dragged in! Good to see one of CAP's most prestigious artists gracing us with a visit, while on extended leave. I hope the current slate of submissions meets with your approval. Personally, I think this is one of the best art competitions we've had so far. There are many designs that I would be happy with, should they win. Although I am a little partial to one design in particular....

Welcome back, KOA. Even if it's just a drive-by.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hmmm I wonder which one... Also, KoA said on the server that he will submit an entry by the end of the day. He said it will be totally original, and he said he wanted to talk to you Doug. At least, I think he meant he was going to submit something.

Nuke waiting to go off

A picture says a thousand words, or so they say. While I did see you talking about ideas, I didn't see any pictures to express them. And besides that, the ideas you had suggested were already quite old - Mongolian Death Worm was one of the first things suggested to base something on (and is where I got the basis for my own), and snake is pretty self-evident... in other words, you kinda just re-stated obviousities. Sorry to burst your bubble. At this point, I don't think there's gonna be anything else creative/design-wise coming around the corner; things are looking pretty wrapped up as far as art ideas/submissions (hence why GT is making the list for people to reference/look at the drawings).

OH COME ON!!! WHY CAN'T ANYONE ON THE PLANET SEE MY PICTURES??????? And I didn't post a death worm but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)