CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 8 (Stat spread selection)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Yep, everything has been discussed to death. All there's left is to wait for the correct polls.

EDIT: Arceus used Seismic Toss!

what is there left to discuss?
And that's where the irony in that statement come in. There nothing left to discuss but people are calling us troll for discussing something that's important later on in the project.

and Wooper punches with his head. Those little antennas are fingers.
Wouldn't that be considered Zen Headbutt. I mean using the Focus Punch with your face sounds like some powered up Zen Headbutt in my mind.

How long will this be open? It seems discussion topics are very low, as pointed out by others.
Probably be closed by tomorrow. Speaking of the next poll, it was both Movepool and Sprite submission correct?

And that's where the irony in that statement come in. There nothing left to discuss but people are calling us troll for it.

Wouldn't that be considered Zen Headbutt. I mean using the Focus Punch with your face sounds like some powered up Zen Headbutt in my mind.
I don't know. I just see him leaning back and then smashing his head into something.... Which is an awful lot like Head Smash!

Wooper, grow hands!

(this is how off-topic we can get)

Hm... speaking of that, vines coming out of the cannons for attacks sounds pretty badass. Who else agrees?
Left arm for Grass (Powders, vines, leaves, solar energy, seeds)
Right arm for Fire (Flames, blaze, heat, etc)

How's that?

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Actually, that it a great idea, Dane. It effectively separates the conflicting elements into each cannon, genius! (I'm serious, lol.)

1) wow, I just notice smogon can change font colors

2) dane, that works and allows for all powders to be used. (if we want them)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
one cannon interior sprited green, one red... KOA GET ON IT NAO!

wooper and focus punch doesnt make sense no matter what way you look, its just gonna remain a mystery, like blissey and seismic toss, and gyarados not getting physical flying stab moves.

one cannon interior sprited green, one red... KOA GET ON IT NAO!

wooper and focus punch doesnt make sense no matter what way you look, its just gonna remain a mystery, like blissey and seismic toss, and gyarados not getting physical flying stab moves.
Gyarados has no beaks, wings, and is not a Brave Bird. The only move left is Aerial Ace and I have no clue why it doesn't get that, even though unSTABed Return is stronger than STABed Aerial Ace. I want more physical Flying moves.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
gyarados should have been water/dragon to begin with, but that doesnt mean they couldn't have made a new flying move for it. now everyone is REALLY off topic cause of me =/

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I think they made Gyarados a Water/Flying-type because Dragon was supposed to be a sacred thing for Dragonite. Probably not true, but I can't think of anything else. =/

But I like that idea. A grass cannon and a fire cannon wouldn't even have to be that blatant.

No gyarados was based off the myth of a karp (a weak one ala Magikarp) swimming to the top of a waterfall. It managed to do so and was granted the ability to fly (ala Water/flying), but it abused this and used it's new destructive powers to destroy cities or some shit like that (ala HyperBeam, HydroPump etc...)

I also think it lost the ability to fly due to it's abuse... so it lost the ability to fly (aka NO flying moves allowed)

Plus you realize Gyara would be broken if it was only weak to one type... and only 2x weak at that.

1. Futuresuperstar 115 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 70 / 75
2. Hyra: 123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80
3. Fishin: 85 / 82 / 81 / 116 / 97 / 79
4. Aldaron&Mekkah: 120 / 70 / 105 / 95 / 90 / 60

These are my choices, will edit in reasons for picking them later.

I'm pretty sure the reason Gyara doesn't get Aerial Ace is that Aerial Ace relies on being agile - Gyarados is a big, bulky water snake/dragon, it's not exactly quick. IIRC the Japanese name for it was different and did a better job of describing why Gyara doesn't get it (Sorta like why Ampharos doesn't get "Firefly Glow").

From Bulbapedia: (Japanese: ギャラドス Gyarados)

It's Japanese name is the same as it's english....

Origin

It appears to be based on a sea dragon or sea serpent. Gyarados is partially based on a legend about how carp that leapt over the Dragon Gate would become dragons. Several waterfalls and cataracts in China are believed to be the location of the Dragon Gate. This legend is an allegory of the drive and efforts needed to overcome obstacles.
Name origin

Gyarados's name may be derived from a combination of 虐殺 gyakusatsu massacre/slaughter, and 逆境 gyakkyō, hardship/adversity. Both words relate to the creature's violent nature and the hardship it experienced before evolving. The dos may just indicate that it's the second in its evolutionary line.

Aerial Ace/Swallow Attack: つばめがえし The user confounds the foe with speed, then slashes. The attack lands without fail.

That answers the whole Dos can't learn AA then.

1. Hit4three
2. Deck Knight
3. Time Mage's
4. Aki

I really like Time Mage's. It really looks like it'd make an excellent subseeder. It has the highest speed and great but not really gamebreaking special attack that makes it also more appealing offensively than a lot of other spreads.

I'm not sure what to say about Deck Knight's that hasn't been said before.

Hit4three's spread kinda reminds me of Time Mage's. Actually it seems more balanced except for the satk so I'll switch them.

What's funny is that almost anything can learn aerial ace. It's so widely spread. Body type/logic/type/speed are all meaningless when talking about aerial ace. For example all of the following pokes learn aerial ace:

Butterfree (I can't really imagine it "confounding its foe with speed" or slashing)
Mr. Mime (Huh?)
Porygon
Dugtrio (I'm not really sure how he does any attacks.)
Aggron
Mismagius
Plus a ton of Zangoose/Weavile/Absol-like pokemon that are fast but not at all aerial

I really only post this cuz it's pretty funny.

If it's not clear what's happening here, the one on the left is Woodman releasing powder from the volcanoes on his back (apparently they can do that), and the one on the right involves Woodman releasing vines from his cannons in the shape of claws.

Really, anything could be explained away through art; it's not that hard to make anything do anything, even though it might seem pretty stupid if you want to put Hydro Pump on a Pidgey or something.

Forgive the crappy quality, I just wanted to put this out here.

If it's not clear what's happening here, the one on the left is Woodman releasing powder from the volcanoes on his back (apparently they can do that), and the one on the right involves Woodman releasing vines from his cannons in the shape of claws.

Really, anything could be explained away through art; it's not that hard to make anything do anything, even though it might seem pretty stupid if you want to put Hydro Pump on a Pidgey or something.

Forgive the crappy quality, I just wanted to put this out here.
So what happens to the vines when he shoots fire out of the cannon? Does he grow new ones?

As long as we're not doing very extreme impossible things, I don't see why this thing can't get, say, Stun Spore or Leaf Storm. Anything could come out of these cannons really.

So yeah what Elagune said.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Note to everyone:

Using X-Act's Calculator I have taken and made screenshots of our current CAP Pokemon. Since Angelfire is a little weasel, you'll have to follow the links.

It's surprising how stark the difference is.

Also in the future I will have a changing file that compares the stat spreads of each. Building it is time consuming, but once there's a frame for it it provides a great graphical reference tool.

EDIT: I have added the Fire/Grass comparison.

Aki's registers as the best overall at 426 (he nets excellent), the rest are "Very Good" with Hyra at 418, then Aldaron/Mekkah at 394. Then we have a bunch hovering around 370, including mine (at exactly 370), then Lil Ant, Fishin, and then Time Mage last. (sorry Time Mage >_>)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)