CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 8 (Stat spread selection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Rules have been changed and the polls are now closed.

Code:
Type: Fire/Grass
Style: Balanced
Offensively Built: Special
Defensively Built: Mixed/Balanced defenses.
BST: 536 - 545
Speed: Between 60 and 110, or medium to fast speed.
Pokemon Image: [URL="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/KnightOfLodis/woodman.png"]Wood Goanna[/URL]
Decided to make the poll in a new thread as oppose to re-opening the locked one. If a adimn and/or mod wish, he/she can delete that thread without questions.

Okay, voting for this thread will be done in a preferential format, just like that last time this poll was done, but with a twist. This time the voters will rank their top 25-40% of the available choices. This is then done with a weighted system. The numbers for each rank depends on the number of overall options available, and the Topic Leader chooses how many ranks the voter chooses which in this case is 4. The point awarded to each rank is as followed:

-Rank 1 - 10 points
-Rank 2 - 6 points
-Rank 3 - 3 points
-Rank 4 - 1 point

The one with the most points win. One major rule within this poll is that no one can post a tallied count of any and all vote except for the Topic Leader which at the moment is me.

If you don't want to read all the quoted comments made by the submitters then direct your eyes here for an easy-to-read listing of each stat spread. Speed is placed last and everyone is listed in alphabetical order.

Code:
Admiral_Stalfos19: 110 / 73 / 99 /104 / 99 / 60

Aki: 130 / 66 / 102 / 100 / 87 / 60

Aldaron&Mekkah: 120 / 70 / 105 / 95 / 90 / 60

Dane:99 / 72 / 115 / 97 / 93 / 69

Deck Knight: 107 / 80 / 88 / 110 / 88 / 72

Fishin: 85 / 82 / 81 / 116 / 97 / 79

Futuresuperstar: 115 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 70 / 75

Hit4Three: 60 / 70 / 105 / 110 / 105 / 90

Hyra:  123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80

Latinoheat: 98 / 74 / 112 / 107 / 90 / 63

Lil Ant: 100 / 65 / 95 / 104 / 95 / 78

Time Mage: 45 / 55 / 115 / 105 / 115 / 105

Alright guys. Upon much deliberation and crunching numbers / hypothesizing various scenarios, Mekkah and I have come up with a new spread. Gothic_Togekiss, this means that Mekkah and I are both submitting this spread, meaning our separate ones should go down.

120 HP / 70 Atk / 105 Def / 95 SpA / 90 SpD / 60 Spe

Now, I have discussed the reasoning behind the general theory for our spread ad nauseam...yet for the sake of the CaP Project, I shall reiterate ;)

Also, we decided to emphasize round numbers, simply because it makes calculations easy and it is staying consistent with GameFreak's general trend. Note I said general, as I know it does break this occasionally.

120 HP / 105 Def / 90 SpD allows for an extremely interesting mixed spread:

252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD, +Def Nature yields 444 HP / 308 Def / 246 SpD.

252 Atk Adamant Choice Scarf Outrage from Garchomp only has a 43.26% of 2HKOing this spread AFTER Stealth Rock (yes, 25%).

252 SpA Timid Life Orb Shadow Ball from Gengar only has a 43.26% chance of 2HKOing this spread AFTER Stealth Rock (yes, 25%).

Summary? A Stealth Rock weakness does not hinder its ability to be the best mixed wall in the OU game after Cresselia (and arguably Registeel...though that is a serious stretch).

OK, well Cresselia is a better mixed wall statistically, doesn't have a Stealth Rock issue and has Levitate (I am going to have to ignore the ability on our Pokemon, as it could go to any of about 15 different abilities).

What separates our Pokemon Cresselia in terms of mixed wall / support ability, however?

Cresselia's viable support options include Toxic, Thunder Wave, Reflect, Psycho Shift, and Moonlight.

I think it is safe to assume that our Pokemon will have access to Stun Spore (inferior Thunder Wave), at least one of Reflect / Light Screen, Leech Seed, Will-o-wisp, Toxic, and Lava Plume. The Leech Seed + Will-o-wisp itself makes me feel that our Pokemon's support options are superior to Cresselia's; at the very least, it gives this thing a separate niche, and allows, in some facet, to make up for being inferior to Cresselia statistically in terms of mixed walling.

Well that was a basic summary of the defensive prowess and reasoning behind our specific numbers for our spread. What about the offensive numbers?

I think I summarized quite nicely what the direct counters to this Pokemon are; Togekiss and Tentacruel for sure, with Aerodactyl and Crobat being slightly less reliable. There was also a list of extremely hazy "checks."

My reasoning for lowering its Speed to 60 is to ensure that Tyranitar, the best "check," remains the "best check." 4 direct counters is a bit low, especially if half of them are sketchy at best. Increasing the set of viable "checks" allows us to remain confident that our Pokemon will not be broken. That's why we have decided to remain stringent on the 60 base Speed bit.

OK, now for the attacks. 70 Atk / 95 SpA

I know I said 73 Atk, was cool, and it still is, but it isn't necessary.

I also ran some calculations for 70 base Atk, and at the minimum, 176, it's Wood Hammer / Power Whip would 2HKO 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar 97.44% of the time, and to ensure that 2HKO, all you need is 8 Atk EVs.

On max HP / 0 Def Tar, you would need 140 Atk EVs to ensure the 2HKO.

With one Swords Dance, minimum Attack (176) will always OHKO that max HP / 0 Def Tar with Stealth Rock down.

With one Howl, you would need 224 Atk EVs to always OHKO max HP / 0 Def Tar with Stealth Rock down.

For the people who want this to have the option to attack physically, with 2 120 BP moves at its disposal, 70 Atk is enough to be viable, especially with the option to add Swords Dance / Howl to its move set (I am in favor of Howl and not Swords Dance).

Now for the 95 SpA. The first thought that both Mekkah and I had was that after all that defensive, support, and surprise physical (assuming Howl / Swords Dance) potential, making its Special Attack too high would be a serious mistake. What is "too high" though? Well, obviously it is subjective, but I feel that since Gengar has the potential to OHKO this with a Sludge Bomb (Modest, 252 SpA Choice Specs Sludge Bomb from Gengar actually has a 2.56% (maximum damage) chance of OHKOing 252 HP / 252 SpD Calm), this Pokemon's Fire Blast should never OHKO an incoming Gengar. 100 SpA, or 328 max Special Attack, actually has a chance of OHKOing a 4 HP / 0 SpD Gengar, whereas 95 SpA, or 317 max Special Attack, never does.

That was, however, just a preliminary "check." I chose Gengar simply because it was the most common Pokemon with a STAB SE move against this Pokemon.

I listed Togekiss, Tentacruel, Aerodactyl and Crobat as potential direct counters to this thing. Another counter, however indirectly, is Roost Whirlwind Zapdos (assuming Stealth Rock is down). Because Roost / Whirlwind Zapdos are almost always physically defensive (252 HP 232 Def / 24 SpD Bold to have a chance at not being 2HKOed by SD Lucario's LO Extremespeed), I'll assume 252 HP / 24 SpD for calculations. The above scenario was also a bit extreme..I honestly cannot imagine anyone running a +Special Attack nature on this thing. Let's just assume 252 SpA.

Worst case scenario for Zapdos is switching into Stealth Rock and getting burned by Fire Blast. At 100 base SpA, or 299 Special Attack with 252 EVs, this Pokemon does 205 maximum damage. 384 - 96 = 288, - 205 = 83, - 48 (burn) = 35, + 24 (Leftovers) = 59. Zapdos Roosts next turn, 59 + 192 = 251, - 205 (max Fire Blast again) = 46, - 48 (burn again) = Dead Zapdos :(

However, at 95 base SpA, or 289 Special Attack with 252 EVs, Zapdos will always survive that same worst case scenario.

When it comes to ensuring that this Pokemon is not broken, 95 SpA as opposed to 100 SpA just seems to work out perfectly, both for Gengar and Zapdos.

And just for those who are concerned that we might be nerfing it offensively too much...it still always 2HKOs 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune with Grass Knot, still has a chance of 2HKOing 252 HP / 252 SpD Careful Bronzong (always 2HKOs the standard one), and still pretty much always OHKOs 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory (92.31% of the time, 100% of the time with just 4 SpA EVs) with Fire Blast, all with minimum Special Attack.

95 SpA just seems to fall into our laps as the perfect Special Attack for this Pokemon, as it allows its checks and counters to remain counters and it still does its initial purposes effectively.

So there you have it, the fruits of both Mekkah's and Aldaron's labor. Our "perfect" Base stat spread. Have a beautifully serene day.
HP: 85 is a reasonable number. It falls well within the precedent left behind by most other Fire types, and gives solid durability when combined with both of our Pokemon's defenses. It's hard to really go into detail on how HP will be effective since it's completely reliant on Defense and Special Defense, so I'll delve into that in the respective sections of each stat.

Attack: 82 really isn't a perfect number for a straight physical sweeper, but it's not entirely unusable either. This Pokemon is meant to be more of a special attacker anyways, but given that Fire/Grass hits Super Effective on nearly every physical wall and the fact that our Pokemon will likely have access to several powerful physical options depending on design (Power Whip, Wood Hammer, and Flare Blitz are all potential moves, possibly boosting options like Swords Dance as well), 82 attack gives our Pokemon a fighting chance on the physical side.

Defense: 81. With a balanced defensive spread, 81 is a reasonable amount of defense to have. Combined with the HP, you barely survive a LO +2 Extremespeed from Adamant Lucario, which this can revenge kill should you be running max Speed as well. The resistances of Grass/Fire aren't frequently used on the physical side, so it's less of a priority. It's still very defeatable, however - Adamant CB Dugtrio will OHKO with Stone Edge, and other Rock attacks will inflict heavy damage.

Special Attack: 116. A bit lower than Heatran or Moltres, but still plenty strong. Against Bliss...Sunny Day, Modest Life Orb Fire Blast does roughly 44-51% to 148/0 Bliss. So, in other words, you can beat Bliss with a bit of effort (aka SR or some other residual damage, or using Specs instead of LO), but otherwise you won't be able to, even with the Sunny Day boost. Otherwise, though, it's got sufficient power to deal a lot of damage when you combine Fire Blast, <grass move>, and Hidden Power Ice/Ground.

Special Defense: 97. The more useful of this Pokemon's defensive stats, since both Grass and Electric attacks are almost always special. Our Pokemon does well against most Electric, Grass, or other neutral Special attacks - against a 4/0 form of this Pokemon, 0 Sp atk Zapdos's Thunderbolt does 21-25% damage and Celebi's HP Fire does 17-20%, so it'll have plenty of Pokemon to safely switch in against. It also fares decently against special Electivire variants, taking less than 50% damage from Flamethrower. Blissey can't really do much either beyond status (148 sp atk Ice Beam does 22-25%). On the other hand, Togekiss (with no sp atk investment) is capable of 2HKOing with Air Slash, and stronger neutral hits will deal wear it down quickly.

Speed: 79 speed isn't too fast - you're not going to be competing against the likes of Infernape anytime soon, but with 0 speed investment you do beat quite a few walls to the punch. Interestingly enough, with max speed and a +speed nature, it reaches 280 - so this has the ability to revenge kill Adamant SD Lucario. It also puts our Pokemon slightly above Heatran. You still won't be winning a straight fight against it without a Ground type attack, but you can finish it off with some previous damage. Note that you're still slower than Togekiss and Gyarados with equal investment, which can counter some sets.

Also, inputting these stats into X-Act's formula for rating of a Pokemon returns 537 (was 528 before I boosted the stat total to 540 to comply with the poll results), which falls into the very good rating section. Unlike many other spreads here, though, this spread lets our Pokemon make some use of its Attack stat, which is a non-factor on most other spreads.
Very sturdy, easily able to take a lot of hits with 115 / 95 / 70 Defenses. That's some serious defense right there, man. A very viable physical wall, even, if that is how you want to play your game. Meanwhile, it has a high enough attack statistic to use the physical side, while it still has a threatening 110 Sp.Atk to coincide with what we decided. That design looks fairly medium speed, so 75 Speed should be fine, and let's it still out-run a lot of the lower-tiered speed racers. And, yet, it's still very balanced. If you treat it like a physical wall, that's what you'll get, and you won't have much offense from your 110 Sp.Atk, much like how Hippowdon doesn't have much attack even though it has a high attack statistic due to how we treat it.
Hit4Three: 60/70/105/110/105/90
Hitit4three said:
HP definitely affects SubSeeding. The less you have, the more percentage you gain back from your Substitute, and with SR already a problem, we want this guy to be gaining back quite a bit of HP.

Attack: Attack is nice maybe for a surprise or two, but most physical sets are going to be gimmicky.

Defense: 105 gives this guy defense just above Celebi and Meganium, as well as being just under Heatran.

Special Attack: We wanted a guy with good Special Attack. This is good. The same as Togekiss and Arceus, and it is just below Magmortar.

Special Defense: This puts him just above Meganium, Venasaur, Bellossom, Ninetales, and Ludicolo. He can take some hits for sure, but Super Effective STAB shots will hurt.

Speed: I don't think that it should be astronomically fast, so base 90. This gives him the possibility of outspeeding: Ninetales, Charizard, Salamence, Typhlosion, Tentacruel, Houndoom, Arcanine. It puts him on the same page as Roserade, Moltres, Lucario, and Pory-Z.

Hyra: 123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80
Hyra said:
123 HP - I want big HP. (There's also the fact that other spreads stole my HP range, so I have to make mine stand out more.) 123 is a cool number.

61 Atk - I don't want it lower than this, but it needs to be this low so that I can keep my SAtk low. (This is a little under 75% of SAtk.)

104 Def - Yay more big numbers. This is really the defining feature of the spread. A physically bulky fire type that doesn't get pwned.

91 SAtk - Stays within the guidelines of SAtk being above 80% of the highest defense stat. It's also 4 less than Kingdra's SAtk because this has better STAB moves than Kingdra.

86 SDef - Remainder. Nothing really to say about this, its within the mixed guidelines.

80 Speed - I settled for lower. This takes minimal EV investment with Chlorophyll to outspeed ScarfCross. It ties with Togekiss.

This gets a 553 on X-Act's rating method. Yay for reducing efficiency by 6! This is mainly for Aldaron and his sudden obsession with these. 91 SAtk is actually really bad in the current Metagame. I guess Garchomp is the main counter-example, using 80 SAtk and Draco Meteor. This will probably get one of Overheat/Leaf Storm, so it will be able to do something like that, but it won't have mostly physical switch-ins like Garchomp, so there is no surprise factor.

I will say however that I gave this very impressive defenses. That's the main reason for the high efficiency rating. Luckily, Sunny Day / Growth will be its only stat-up moves, meaning it can't set anything up (unlike most of the Pokemon Aldaron mentioned; they all had stat-up moves). I'm starting to ramble on.
Here is my thoughts of the base stats i feel this Pokemon should recieve. I will also add a little bit of extra things such as, signature moves and also abilites that may work.

HP-100
404 HP seems to fit this sort of tankish Pokemon perfectly. Can create 101 subs to go along with Leech Seeding. Also lets him tank generally well while probably trying to gain back HP from Stealth Rock Damage.
Attack-65
Base Stat of 65, which I think this Base Stat is pretty reasonable for this style of Pokemon. I also got that number from the Pokemon called Gardevoir. The only physical attack it probably may use is Head Smash or Flare Blitz. Let's not forget that we chose this thing to be mainly special attacking.
Speed-78
This speed is very appropriate in my eyes for it isn't very fast, and also requires little EV investment to out speed certain threats so it may Sub first or Leech Seed first.
Defense-95
Solid Number for tanking, very solid number. Allows him to take nuetral hits very well, just ask Swampert. Probably can take Waterfall from Bulky Gyarados and other things with a simular ev spread to Swampert.
Special Defense- 95
Just as the much as the Defense. Probably can serve as a decent Heatran switch in or Jolteon counter. Can still survive Surf's from Starmie dependent on the EV spread.
Special Attack- 104
Now for the Special Attack i got this number from Infernape whose Special Attack always seemed so balanced and not broken. So i figured this could fit this Pokemon as well, and not leave it's STAB Special Attack moves in the atic some where and make them worth using.

Total Stat- 537
Time Mage said:
This stat spread was created to have the "ultimate" subseeder AND to be a very good sweeper:

45 HP with just 36 EVs gives it 240 HP, allowing for optimal Leftovers recovery, and recovering, along with Leech Seed, 25% HP or more when using LS on a pokémon with 360 HP or more. That's a base 110 HP pokémon with no HP EVs, or a base 78 HP pokémon with 252 HP EVs. As you can see, against most walls it will be able to keep the sub until it runs out of PP. Couple that stalling with Will-o-Wisp or with a layer or two of toxic spikes and it can really bring down teams.

105 speed allows it to Leech Seed or Substitute on the switch, and then do the other one before most opponents have a chance to attack, thus starting the stall. It is also a very good speed for sweeping, outspeeding all base 100 plus our friend Garchomp.

105 special attack allows it to use the great STAB combo to its full extent, either by simply sweeping, or by using it in the subseed set, OHKOing most phazers before they can force you out. Skarmory won't dare to show its ugly face against this one, that's for sure.

115 on both defenses allows this to take hits quite well, despite the low HP. EV-less, it has about the same durability as Flygon (as well as being faster and more powerful on its main attacking stat), for example, which isn't considered a glass cannon, exactly.

55 on the physical attack stat, finally, just as a filler for a stat it won't really use ever.

So, to sum up: This spread allows for an very good sweeping pokémon, as well as the possibility of the best subseeding in the game, due to the great STAB combo, low HP and high speed. It can also work as a fast annoyer, spreading burn, sleep or paralysis statuses, depending on the movepool.

My one's not up there. I'll fetch it in a moment

EDIT: Here it is below

LARGE EDIT:

This set has been revised yet again. Here it is, the new one: 110HP/73ATK/99DEF/104SAT/99SDF/60SPD. And below is the explanation to that spread.

60SPD:

This is Swampert's Speed, and we all know how well he can tank. I'd rather have a powerful and bulky Pokemon than a fast one, so this set's speed is not exceeding 60 regardless of whether or not this guy gets Chlorophyll. Besides, he needs a more unique ability anyway.

99DEF+SDF:

Simple equation for defences: Get Swampert's and Heatran's base defences, add them together, divide the result by 2 and then add 1 to THAT result. This is what you get: 99. More HP will be invested than what I had to make this simple equation actually effective.

104SAT:

I was originally going for 117SAT, but after releasing that it was broken indeed, I slashed it down to 104, which also helped cause I needed the overspent stats for HP. I could also still keep my simple attack formula while having the result fall between the suggested 70-75 by doing this...

73ATK:

That same simple approach to working out Attack as with the previous spread: Just take 70% of the Special Attack. Seeing that it was 104, this works out to be 73 (acutally it's 72.8, but you can't get .8 of a stat, so it gets rounded up). That leaves an extra 22HP.

110HP:

That's right, 110. Nice and juicy (I just had to say that). I just hope that's enough. Anyway, now it can SubSeed and perform 101 subs at the same time (yes it does have enough HP to do so now). This still leaves the base total at 545, and should hopefully be improved.

why isn't my spread being able to be selected. It seems everything i have attempted to put in this Fire/Grass contribution has been objected for no reason at all. It feels like i'm getting picked on for no particular reason.

1. Aldaron&Mekkah: 120 / 70 / 105 / 95 / 90 / 60

2. Hyra: 123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80

3. Dane: 99 / 72 / 115 / 97 / 93 / 69

4. Aki: 130 / 66 / 102 / 100 / 87 / 60

5. Latinoheat: 98 / 74 / 112 / 107 / 90 / 63

6. Futuresuperstar: 115 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 70 / 75

7. Deck Knight: 107 / 80 / 88 / 110 / 88 / 72

8. Fishin: 85 / 82 / 81 / 116 / 97 / 79

9. Hit4Three: 60 / 70 / 105 / 110 / 105 / 90

10. Time Mage: 45 / 55 / 115 / 105 / 115 / 105

(i copied and pasted and it came out weird).

Anyways, I voted pretty much on the SpAtk stat. I don't want this pokemon to be too overpowered offensively, so my votes consider the lower SpAtk stats.

1. Futuresuperstar: 115 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 70 / 75
2. Deck Knight: 107 / 80 / 88 / 110 / 88 / 72
3. Aldaron&Mekkah: 120 / 70 / 105 / 95 / 90 / 60
4. Admiral_Stalfos19: 110 / 73 / 99 /104 / 99 / 60

Edited to fit the new rules.

1. Dane: 99 / 72 / 115 / 97 / 93 / 69
2. Latinoheat: 98 / 74 / 112 / 107 / 90 / 63
3. Aldaron&Mekkah: 120 / 70 / 105 / 95 / 90 / 60
4. Deck Knight: 107 / 80 / 88 / 110 / 88 / 72
5. Futuresuperstar: 115 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 70 / 75
6. Hyra: 123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80
7. Admiral_Stalfos19: 110 / 73 / 99 /104 / 99 / 60
8. Aki: 130 / 66 / 102 / 100 / 87 / 60
9. Lil Ant: 100 / 65 / 95 / 104 / 95 / 78
11. Hit4Three: 60 / 70 / 105 / 110 / 105 / 90
12. Fishin: 85 / 82 / 81 / 116 / 97 / 79

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
2. Admiral_Stalfos19: 110 / 73 / 99 / 104 / 99 / 60
3. Aki: 130 / 66 / 102 / 100 / 87 / 60
4. Dane: 99 / 72 / 115 / 97 / 93 / 69

If you've actually read the discussions about why some of these spreads are the way they are, and what makes what the best spread, you will understand why I voted this way!

EDIT: Aldaron & Mekkah's spread is the ideal set here, as it basically integrates everything that we need to balance this Pokemon, such as (but not limited to):
- Keeping the important check Tyranitar can make against this Pokemon.
- Using a reasonable SpAtk that will allow Togekiss/Tentacruel to counter this Pokemon with ease.
- A unique sort of bulkiness that allows the Pokemon to switch in unanimously against a lot of key Pokemon without being too defensively strong.

And, yes, I'm quite surprised about some of my choices! Stalfo/Aki have almost the same idea as Aldaron & Mekkah, which is most of the reason they are ranked second/third.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
2. Fishin: 85 / 82 / 81 / 116 / 97 / 79
3. Lil Ant's
5. Hyra: 123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80
6. Dane:99 / 72 / 115 / 97 / 93 / 69
7. Admiral Stalfos's
8. Deck Knight: 107 / 80 / 88 / 110 / 88 / 72
9. Futuresuperstar: 115 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 70 / 75
10. Latinoheat: 98 / 74 / 112 / 107 / 90 / 63
12. Time Mage: 45 / 55 / 115 / 105 / 115 / 105

You all know the reasoning. Mekkah and I spent a significant amount of time working out the intricacies for the spread, hope that will be reflected in this poll!!

1. Admiral_Stalfos19: 110 / 73 / 99 / 104 / 99 / 60
2. Aldaron&Mekkah: 120 / 70 / 105 / 95 / 90 / 60
3. Latinoheat: 98 / 74 / 112 / 107 / 90 / 63

edit: added stalfos' spread
edit: and lil ant's
edit: changed for new format.

2. Futuresuperstar: 115 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 70 / 75
3. Aki: 130 / 66 / 102 / 100 / 87 / 60
4. Hyra: 123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80

Aldaron&Mekkah's for all the reasons they've stated. Really, it just makes it the least broken. The next least broken is Futuresuperstar's because I think it will always have a large hole in its defenses at a glance. Aki's for having low speed. Hyra's for low special attack.

Hyra: 123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80
Hit4Three: 60 / 70 / 105 / 110 / 105 / 90

Also, thanks Gothic, i appreciate that.

3. Hyra: 123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80

5. Aki: 130 / 66 / 102 / 100 / 87 / 60

6. Latinoheat: 98 / 74 / 112 / 107 / 90 / 63

7. Futuresuperstar: 115 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 70 / 75

8. Fishin: 85 / 82 / 81 / 116 / 97 / 79

9. Hit4Three: 60 / 70 / 105 / 110 / 105 / 90

Sheesh will anyone place my spread into any of these votes? All Aki did was combine my spread with A-Ron's spread. lol

1. Futuresuperstar: 115 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 70 / 75
3. Fishin: 85 / 82 / 81 / 116 / 97 / 79
4. Latinoheat: 98 / 74 / 112 / 107 / 90 / 63
5. Admiral_Stalfos19: 110 / 73 / 99 /104 / 99 / 60
6. Time Mage: 45 / 55 / 115 / 105 / 115 / 105
7. Aldaron&Mekkah: 120 / 70 / 105 / 95 / 90 / 60
8. Dane:99 / 72 / 115/ 97 / 93 / 69

9. Aki: 130 / 66 / 102 / 100 / 87 / 60
10. Lil Ant: 100 / 65 / 95 / 104 / 95 / 78
12. Hyra: 123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
10. Fishin: 85 / 82 / 81 / 116 / 97 / 79
6. Lil Ant: 100 / 65 / 95 / 104 / 95 / 78
3. Deck Knight: 107 / 80 / 88 / 110 / 88 / 72
1. Dane: 99 / 72 / 115 / 97 / 93 / 69

Congrats to all you guys who contributed a base stat spread: it was hard to vote.

Edited my post.

Yay, mine's up there...

Anyway, voted in order of Tankiness (which should be this thing's primary job) which I've calculated using this formula: (HPxDEFxSDF)/(DEF+SDF). If it's wrong, tell me.

LARGE EDIT: Disregard this vote... I've completely changed it

3. Dane: 99 / 72 / 115 / 97 / 93 / 69
5. Futuresuperstar: 115 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 70 / 75
6. Lil Ant: 100 / 65 / 95 / 104 / 95 / 78
7. Admiral_Stalfos19: 110 / 73 / 99 / 104 / 99 / 60
8. Deck Knight: 107 / 80 / 88 / 110 / 88 / 72
9. Latinoheat: 98 / 74 / 112 / 107 / 90 / 63
10. Hit4Three: 60 / 70 / 105 / 110 / 105 / 90
11. Fishin: 85 / 82 / 81 / 116 / 97 / 79
12. Time Mage: 45 / 55 / 115 / 105 / 115 / 105

And Lil Ant, you should be happy a bunch of people didn't include your spread. The less points you have, the better :)

1. Fishin: 85 / 82 / 81 / 116 / 97 / 79
2. Aldaron&Mekkah: 120 / 70 / 105 / 95 / 90 / 60
3. Time Mage: 45 / 55 / 115 / 105 / 115 / 105
5. Admiral_Stalfos19: 110 / 73 / 99 /104 / 99 / 60
6. Hitit4Three: 60 / 70 / 105 / 110 / 105 / 90
7. Deck Knight: 107 / 80 / 88 / 110 / 88 / 72
8. Futuresuperstar: 115 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 70 / 75
9. Lil Ant: 100 / 65 / 95 / 104 / 95 / 78
10. Hyra: 123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80
11. Latinoheat: 98 / 74 / 112 / 107 / 90 / 63
12. Aki: 130 / 66 / 102 / 100 / 87 / 60

Fishin get's my vote, mainly because of the Atk stat =D

3. Deck Knight: 107 / 80 / 88 / 110 / 88 / 72

4. Admiral_Stalfos19: 110 / 73 / 99 /104 / 99 / 60

i love how this thing has gone from clorophyll special sweeper, to bulky physical defender with barely enough special to do shit.

Its kinda disappointing we have one of the bulkiest spreads in pokemon and its getting wasted on something that only resist's grass,electric and steel, has a stealth rock weakness and only recovery move is probably going to be synthesis/morning sun.

1. Hyra: 123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80
Dane: 99 / 72 / 115 / 97 / 93 / 69
9. Latinoheat: 98 / 74 / 112 / 107 / 90 / 63
10. Admiral_Stalfos19: 110 / 73 / 99 /104 / 99 / 60

Something with decent speed, great defenses and a fair special attack seem good. Some of the spreads have too little or too much speed imo. Like Aldaron&Mekkah's spread is great but the speed is kinda low. Time Mage's and Hit4Three's spreads seem to offensive and fast and not bulky enough.
My favourites are Hyras and Aldaron&Mekkahs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)