CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 8 (Stat spread selection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking Monster and Dragon for Egg Groups as well. What do you guys think?

I'd say let movepool decide what groups it needs to fall into to get moves yet not certain combinations.
Monster and Dragon gives Skull Bash, Dragon Rage (lol), Zen Headbutt, Iron Head, Leaf Blade, Head Smash, Dragon Dance (yeah right), and Dragon Rush off the top of my head and I thought that that seemed to fit pretty well as well as fitting with the art.

What about Huge Power or Guts? Both seem warrior like and it does look like a warrior. Also If there's enough discussion about a new ability, then what would it be?

Edit: Since this poll is done, I'll be submitting the Sprite and Ability Discussion thread.

Damn, after looking through the attack list, Sniper wouldn't do much of anything. Only Fire and Grass moves with high critical hit ratios are Blaze Kick and Leaf Blade, neither of which really make sense on it.

Unfortunate, since it seems like the best offensive ability thematically.

ok the name of the project is called "Create A Pokemon" not "Create A Pokemon as close to Uber as You Possibly Can". Just because it could get a special intimidate doesn't mean it should, this thing could get battle armor and will still see plenty of use why do we have to go over the top. Special initimidate can come in a later project and not on something that really doesn't need it, stop blowing your load in one go.
Funny.... I remember hearing similar things about Scylant when he was first created. People hated that things ability + movepool as well...

Why dont you stop with Theroymon as we have proven that theorymon doesnt really work... just like in Scylant's case.

No Huge Power, we don't want this having Tyranitar-level attack.

Move-wise, Dragon Dance could actually be interesting. With only 70 attack and 60 speed, there's not too much to worry about power-wise. Gyarados could probably counter a DD set handily, as could Gliscor (Stone Edge or AA). If it's given Rock Head and Flare Blitz/Wood Hammer, though, we might have to reconsider.

Not too sure Gliscor could be a full proof counter...

If it were me running a DD set I would make sure to pump up the Sp.atk EV's for an auto KO on Gliscor with HP Ice...

However I guess you would have your choice, HP elec for Gyara, or Hp ice for Gliscor...

Anyone mind running some damage calcs to find the minimun Sp.atk investment needed to KO Gyara/Gliscor with the respective HP's?

I don't see how Sniper is a good ability. I seriously think Rock Head is seeing as 1, it allows the use of Head Smash and Flare Blitz which it the chance to hit back most of it's counters. But maybe eliminate Head Smash, they make place a broken tag on Leonin.

I don't see how Sniper is a good ability. I seriously think Rock Head is seeing as 1, it allows the use of Head Smash and Flare Blitz which it the chance to hit back most of it's counters. But maybe eliminate Head Smash, they make place a broken tag on Leonin.
No way in hell this thing should get Head Smash. That would give it:
180BP Fire
180BP Grass
150BP Rock

That covers nearly everything except the rare exception like Heatran, and hits them all Super Effective.

Plus if we gave it morning sun or Synthesis it could just recover off the damage, eliminating the "suicide" aspect of those moves...

edit: Well wait... is Synthesis affected by weather like Morning Sun?

If it is then perhaps it wouldn't be as broken... still I agree with Dane that giving it Head Smash might be too much.

Plus if we gave it morning sun or Synthesis it could just recover off the damage, eliminating the "suicide" aspect of those moves...

edit: Well wait... is Synthesis affected by weather like Morning Sun?
It's effected by weather.

If it is then perhaps it wouldn't be as broken... still I agree with Dane that giving it Head Smash might be too much.
Even so, without Rock Head I don't see physical ever being used. Rock Head would just make it's way onto a mixed set or something to take out fliers.

When first i saw fire/grass and I realize we could get the fire version what water poke get in the rain that seem like the logical choice of what the aim of this poke should be and many people seem to agree.As the polls move on you could clearly see that we moved away from that thought .To me it almost a huge waste of this typing because it is the only typing that could pull off for fire what water pokes get from swift swim.Unlike some people i am not going to bitch and moan if what i favor does not get chosen it is not about me but fire type built around chlorophyll would be extreme cool"the ultimate poke in the sun"l.I guess will have wait until CAPE and hope people choose to make sunflora evo fire/grass.Ok back to business

1.This art does not fit chlorophyll?Why because it is not a flower or has few leaves?Shiftry has just as much green stuff on it as this poke nobody has every said Shiftry does not look it can use chlorophyll. I guess this would make it fit the art

"Woodsman draws energy from the sun to power it awesome beams of energy"

You can say they are abilities that fit art better than chlorophyll which i agree with but chlorophyll fits the art.

2.Rock Head?They are only two non rock pokes(Ok i lied Steelix,marowak, Aggron get it too but you will see my point) that get rock head Bagon and Shellgon.The back story on Bagon head that it is hard as a Rock.You could argument for wooden armor on its head being as hard rock but i think we are better off leaving rock head on Rock types.

Yes go head try to say chlorophyll on tree thing one leaf on tail and green stuff on it head (which i going to assume is grass or leaves) makes no sense but wood is as hard rock,steel or ground.

Battle Armor and Magma Armor make the most sense.Magma armor sucks as ability it makes sense way more sense that Rock head.

2.Rock Head?They are only two non rock pokes(Ok i lied Steelix,marowak, Aggron get it too but you will see my point) that get rock head Bagon and Shellgon.The back story on Bagon head that it is hard as a Rock.You could argument for wooden armor on its head being as hard rock but i think we are better off leaving rock head on Rock types.
So you're arguing that we can give a near leafless Pokemon Chlorophyll because Shiftry has it, but don't want it to have Rock Head because it's not a rock type Pokemon, despite Marowak, Steelix, and Bagon/Shellgon having it? Not to mention Sudowoodo is essentially a Tree, and has Rock Head, so there's wood precedent there.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The idea of Chlorophyll btw is simply to suck up sunlight so why should we limit it to only leaves? It's simply green pigment that is found in chloroplasts that are found in leaves.

We can easily say that because this is a "Grass" Pokemon that has chloroplasts on its body...

I'm a little puzzled here.

Why exactly are we going into so much discussion about it's physical movepool when he's a special pokemon? Do you guys really want a countermeasure to blissey that bad or something? Are we going to pull a Revenankh and give this guy so much love for his lower attacking stat to where he can actually utilize that 70 attack just about as well as his special?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, or sarcastic. I'm genuinely just a bit confused where everyone is going with this.

No way in hell this thing should get Head Smash. That would give it:
180BP Fire
180BP Grass
150BP Rock

That covers nearly everything except the rare exception like Heatran, and hits them all Super Effective.

God forbid it be able to hit things with SE hits. No one complains about boltbeam. Why should this be any different. :/

Still, depending on the type of wood, it could be incredibly strong. A highly dense wood could be as strong as iron or lead.

God forbid it be able to hit things with SE hits. No one complains about boltbeam. Why should this be any different. :/
Yeah, 95BP (142 if one is STAB'd) is comparable to 150-180BP.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This thing probably shouldn't be getting Head Smash or Earthquake, considering two of the surest counters are Togekiss and Tentacruel...

I said let's not limit its support movepool, but we can not be stupid with its offensive movepool...

So you're arguing that we can give a near leafless Pokemon Chlorophyll because Shiftry has it, but don't want it to have Rock Head because it's not a rock type Pokemon, despite Marowak, Steelix, and Bagon/Shellgon having it? Not to mention Sudowoodo is essentially a Tree, and has Rock Head, so there's wood precedent there.
You didn't read my post i said battle armor and Magma armor are the best choices.

Yes the precedent is there the give rock head to poke who head are would hurt if you ran into them.Solid hard stuff like steel,rock or ground.If you want argue wood is hard as the fore mention stuff go ahead.Sudowoodo is a Rock not tree that why it gets rock head

Also guys be real about why you are picking rock head not because it really fits because it protect it from wood hammer,Flare blitz,and all the other recoil moves you guys plan to give it.As much i like chlorophyll they are better choice than it based on design.I am cool with picking rock head as an ability please don't try hide pretense that it makes so much sense based on art.They are better traits for this poke than rock head and chlorophyll based on the art.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
GT - Are you opening an ability discussion thread? I will close this thread as soon as you make one. This poll is closed and we should move this discussion into the proper thread.

You didn't read my post i said battle armor and Magma armor are the best choices.
I read it. You still argued for it, even if it wasn't your primary choice.

They are better traits for this poke than rock head and chlorophyll based on the art.
Battle Armor is a near given. Unfortunately the only other offensive ability we could give this is Sniper, which sucks since neither Blaze Kick nor Leaf Blade work on it. If we made some custom special high crit ratio moves though...

Yes Rock Head has its advantages. But i say lets leave Head Smash off, that would help get rid of most of it's most sturdiest and definite counters. I also say the only counters right now are
Togekiss
Salamence
Dragonite
Charizard
Moltres
Togekiss
Tenatacruel
Heatran
Blissey
Mantyke
Hitmonlee ( Special Defense invested, has low HP so it doesn't give a lot of HP from Leech Seed )
Flareon
Cradilly ( under sandstorm )
Magmortar

Gyarados isn't a counter, it takes a total 180 Base Power Grass Knot ( including STAB )

GT - Are you opening an ability discussion thread? I will close this thread as soon as you make one. This poll is closed and we should move this discussion into the proper thread.
Just recently submitted the thread. You can close this thread anytime you like.

BTW, Sudowoodo is or was a Tree before becoming a rock, shouldn't that count for something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)