CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 8 (Stat spread selection)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
When posts dwindle down to where we have 4-5 hours without an update -- I think we can wrap up the poll and move on.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I can't wait to see who won, I hope its one with 80 base attack, or at least >70, and a good Sp. attack would be nice I'm thinking 110.

I can't wait to see who won, I hope its one with 80 base attack, or at least >70, and a good Sp. attack would be nice I'm thinking 110.
Oh the irony, it burns.

Admiral_Stalfos19: 110 / 73 / 99 /104 / 99 / 60 – 118
Aki: 130 / 66 / 102 / 100 / 87 / 60 – 55
Aldaron&Mekkah: 120 / 70 / 105 / 95 / 90 / 60 – 287
Dane: 99 / 72 / 115 / 97 / 93 / 69 – 78
Deck Knight: 107 / 80 / 88 / 110 / 88 / 72 – 101
Fishin: 85 / 82 / 81 / 116 / 97 / 79 – 97
Futuresuperstar: 115 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 70 / 75 – 170
Hit4Three: 60 / 70 / 105 / 110 / 105 / 90 – 52
Hyra: 123 / 61 / 104 / 91 / 86 / 80 – 81
Latinoheat: 98 / 74 / 112 / 107 / 90 / 63 – 79
Lil Ant: 100 / 65 / 95 / 104 / 95 / 78 – 63
Time Mage: 45 / 55 / 115 / 105 / 115 / 105 – 32

Reread the original post. It was changed to a weighted preferential poll, rather than a ranked one. Weighted polling prevented "revenge" voting and "drag" voting.

Revenge voting being "they voted me low, so I'll vote them low too!"
Drag voting being "X is ahead of me, so I'll vote them last to pull ahead".

Dane~ Was kinda referring to Eric's post and how his predictions were way off with the winning spread.

Lil Ant~ No spillover and the person with the most points win aka A-ron and Mekkah.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Was kinda referring to Eric's post and how his predictions were way off with the winning spread.
They were not predictions, just hopes......

DAM this thing is far too defensive for my liking, I just hope it gets ability/s that make it work as a sweeper.

Abilitys I like:

Solar Power
Chlorophyll (doesn't fit the art though)
Flash Fire

Maybe new ability? I like the names Incinerate and Inferno but what could the affects be?

Abilitys I think are ok:
Rock Head
Intimidate

lol at intimidate i believe this thing is bulkier then hippodown on the physical side. I personally hate the spread but this is a community decision so on we go.

Clorophyll doesn't go with the art and with the spread i don't think it should get it, but then again what does art have to do with anything. Woodman looks like it should have much higher special then 95.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Actually latinoheat, the higher HP stat helps for average overall defenses, not for each specific one. Hippowdon is actually more physically defensive than this.

420 HP * 368 Def = 154560.

For this, 444 HP * 339 = 150516.

Hippowdon is a whopping 2.7% more potentially physically defensive than our Pokemon ;P

Btw, I'd like to emphasize how foolish limiting this (or any future) Pokemon in movepool or ability is UNLESS it is absolutely obvious.

What I mean is, saying Will-o-wisp and/or Leech Seed is broken is far too premature; so many people (including me) were screaming holy hell about Syclant being broken, but I honestly don't have many issues with it not that I have both used it and had it used against me.

What I mean by ABSOLUTELY obvious would be something like giving this Drought or a Special version of Pure Power, lol. Or giving this 3 unique "cannon moves" that apply to Ice, Fighting and Ground types, or giving this Spore. Note that I feel Sleep Powder is most questionable support option, but even that I feel we should (I wouldn't care either way, honestly) give it and remove after the testing period.

Yea.

Surprisingly :troll:, I agree with aldaron. If there's something questionable, we could vote about it a la Thunderpunch Revenankh, but to be honest I think for things that aren't very obvious people should test first and vote later. Theorymon has been a downfall before.

Also, I feel Battle Armor suits this Pokemon the best, and also gives it some kind of resistance to the evil followings of the RNG in Pokemon. Alternatively I had Magma Armor and Inner Focus in mind, which both prevent luck to an extent as well, but they're far less useful.

I thought we were originally going to give it the special equivalent of Intimidate... whatever happened to that idea?

thought it was, personally i wouldn't mind leech seed at all. Aromatheraphy is something i would like to see, having something else that actually has the bulkiness to use this move might help sway the metagame in a more stallish direction.

I thought we were originally going to give it the special equivalent of Intimidate... whatever happened to that idea?
Ideally, I'd like to see it get [Spec Intimidate / Battle Armor] and Rock Head. That way, it has an option for either Defensive ability, or a more Offensive one, that also doubles by allowing a Mixed/Physical set to be used.

thought it was, personally i wouldn't mind leech seed at all. Aromatheraphy is something i would like to see, having something else that actually has the bulkiness to use this move might help sway the metagame in a more stallish direction.
Wouldn't having aromatherapy make the metagame less stallish? Toxic, Burn, and Paralysis would be harder to have stick, so it'd be harder to stall.

Besides, Shaymin and Blissey can both already Aromatherapy.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think some of the other ability suggestions fit the design better. I really like Battle Armor and Rock Head, concept-wise. The wood concept doesn't seem to support Chlorophyll, Solar Power, etc. Maybe Flash Fire?

Problem with Flash Fire is it completely removes near every fire pokemon from it's counter list outside of Charizard and Moltres. I don't count lolz like Magcargo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)