CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 1 (Main type)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting Fire because I was all for fire/grass last typing poll and I'm going for it again. A serious, all-out, no questions asked Physical Fire Sweeper would satisfy me too but it'll be difficult to differentiate it from Infernape. It's a shame Stealth Rocks exist, it really hampers on Fire's tanking ability.

I'd have to say Electric, for all the reasons posted before me. My second vote would be Dark and Grass, but a good Electric Pokémon would be amazing. Most Electric-types are frail but fast, I say a bulky Electric would be absolutely awesome.

If we make an Electric Cloud-Pokemon, we could give it an ability that extends the number of turns that Rain Dance goes on for (kind of like an auto Damp Rock). And speaking of Electric/Water Pokes, a Lanturn evo would be fabulous! That thing's got so much potential, the only thing holding it back is its sub-par stats. Seriosuly, give it like 100SDef, and we finally have a viable special wall besides Blissey. The only downside is that we'd pretty much only be raising its base stats, as there's little we can change in the way of typing, ability, and movepool.

If we make an Electric Cloud-Pokemon, we could give it an ability that extends the number of turns that Rain Dance goes on for (kind of like an auto Damp Rock). And speaking of Electric/Water Pokes, a Lanturn evo would be fabulous! That thing's got so much potential, the only thing holding it back is its sub-par stats. Seriosuly, give it like 100SDef, and we finally have a viable special wall besides Blissey. The only downside is that we'd pretty much only be raising its base stats, as there's little we can change in the way of typing, ability, and movepool.
Well, Lanturn does lack a recovery move. So if we were to design it to be celestial (it's a major stretch for electric, but whatever) we could add Wish. I've also always thought it should learn Moonlight because it just made sense to me considering how dark it is where the lantern-type fish live, but the low PP does not help it wall in the slightest.

However, creating a brand new special wall that can actually stand up against Blissey is something that I think we should all at least consider. It'd be a great challenge to actually make one that's not too broken. Specifically with Lanturn who has an automatic 25% healing ability. Do we want the use of Thunder Wave to completely die on anything not named Gallade?

Water pokes get too much love, but they deserve it! Fucking Blastoise, I'll always wuv you.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
fuck lanturn there is atleast 20 pokemon that have better evo potential.
If you are going to throw out one-sentence trolling posts like this, at least back it up with some information or discussion. If not, then keep it to yourself. Stuff like this is worthless, non-productive, postcount++. I'm not tolerating crap like this in these threads.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
gscumbreon said:
I vote rock. The only Rock types are in BL: Aerodactyl, Rhyperior, Regirock, Rampardos, and the like. We need a good Rock type in OU.

Nope, no good Rock types in OU.

FIRE BHLAAAASSSST!

Sure, most fire types are already beast attackers, but they have crap-all type diversity.

Fire/Grass would be cool, but I'd also like to see a Fire/Psychic than can tell Infernape to take a hike, plus be (somewhat) a counter to Revenankh and Syclant.

Fire is beast.

Shit, I was at school all day so I missed the time to argue for my point.

I am going to vote for FIRE now and grass in the next poll. Why??? Think about it, a Fire/Grass type is perfect for a subseeder. Has STAB fire to take down all the Grassers who try to switch in. It also functions as an anti-subseeder in the same way. I think that a Chili Pepper design would actually be quite cool for this.

When I saw Chimchar for the first time, I assumed his final form would be a Fire/Psychic combo. To account for the more mystic style that Sun Wukong could have. All in all though, the most innovative Fire type right now is Heatran, and fire deserves more famed reps than a chimp and a toad.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Fire gets my vote, it could definitely use some help. I'd like to see a dual Fire / Grass type created too.

Poison.

Why?

I believe Poison, for once should be the main type of an OU Pokemon. I think that it is usually a useless secondary type, Gengar comes to mind, but I think we should have a Poison type that can make use of type effectively!

Normal, simply because it is the least diverse type out there...

The only types that accompany normal are Water, Flying, and Psychic

Fire

The only four fire pokemon that are considered playable in OU(Infernape, Heatran, Charizard, and Typhlosion) are getting a little old. This type definitely needs more variety.

I'm voting for Poison.

Why? Oh, come on. Everyone wants to see a Muk evo, admit it.
<3
<3

Also, I thought it might be cool to make a ??? type Pokemon. As in Curse's move type. I think it's legitimate, seeing as there's a ??? Arceus encoded into DP. Just a thought.

I'll be changing my vote to Electric (yes, I know how to do it), because I was thinking about it in school today, and Grass/Electric could be a really nice typing. No significant weaknesses besides Ice and Fire, and Grass does well in removing the major limitations of Electric (Earthquake weakness anyone?). I'll try and do a write-up of it later.

totally loving the chili pepper idea, makes for cool trait ideas

trait spicy: when sun is up, non grass/fire opponents lose lefties amount, sand style.

hehe spicy pokemon

Cooper, No Ele/Grass. Fire/Grass subseeder with Fire Blast is too good to pass up. Electric should go with something cool like... uh,,,, I can't think of anything good outside of Fight, Ice, and Fire. Maybe Ele/Rock... why are all the cool Ele combos left either 4x to EQ or weak to Stealth Rock (or both).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)