CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 1 (Main type)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay folks, I had to work up a decent beginning post. I want to first say thanks to Cooper for coming up with this wonderful idea and Hyra for smoothing out the wrinkles. I also want to thank everyone for the support and voting for me to be this month’s(?) topic leader. It’s really a great honor in my opinion….

….Okay now that I got that out of the way, let’s get this thing started with the opening of the first poll: The Main Type. This poll is unlike the previous two typing polls on account of the voting method, which is done via bold poll style. The main reason behind this method is to allow all 17 types to have a fair chance of being voted on for the main type; that and the poll option can only fit 10 options at any given time :P.

I want to make a note that if you don’t post your vote in bold font it's not going to count. It seems that people don’t read nor realize this and post mindlessly without thinking on if they’re doing it right or wrong. Please the OP and/or look at others and learn from them.

The full list of pokemon types in alphabetic order for easy access:
---------------
Bug
Dark
Dragon
Electric
Fighting
Fire
Flying
Ghost
Grass
Ground
Ice
Normal
Poison
Psychic
Rock
Steel
Water

Edit: This poll will be open for two days. I believe that would be enough day to get a decent count also if anyone is asking why we're not discussing about if it's a new pokemon or evolution of one, here's the reason why:

Oh, and if we want to possibly have an Evolution/New poll, it could go after the typing polls. That way, we can get the types we want, and then if it fits as possibly being an evolution type, it has a chance.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Gothic Togekiss for president ^___^

You haven't mentioned whether we vote for one, or two, or more. And also if this is just main type or whatever. No matter I'm going to start this off with a vote for the.... type

Rock

My reasoning? Rock has great options on both sides of the spectrum. It lends itself to high Def stat and sandstorm boost aswell. One of the strongest attacks on the Physical side, but I reckon we could do something more intersting by basing it on the Special side.

EDIT: Dam Mastadi! :P
EDIT: Changed vote in later post.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RockI agree with Sunday. Rock is an interesting type with a lot of potential (mainly because of sandstorm), and a special-based rock pokemon will surely be quite interesting to see.

You haven't mentioned whether we vote for one, or two, or more.
I'm sorry about that; I was more focused on making the OP as good as possible. I think the best way to go is to vote for one type until I can think of a reason why allowing vote for 2+ types is good.

And also if this is just main type or whatever.
Well it is for the main type, but discussions on secondary or no secondary type are acceptable.

Edit: I could allow voters to vote up to three different types if it helps speed up the process of eliminating types for the spillover poll.

I feel that DP has plenty for the boosting of Rock and Dark types. If part of the aim is to add something interesting, fresh and new to the standard metagame, I feel that adding either of these would be a little superfluous.

Since the last two Pokemon were Bug/Ice and Fighting/Ghost, I am going to eliminate those four types as well, again to strike a balance.

Water, Dragon, Ground and Steel are plentiful enough, ever since the beginning, so I am not going to consider these either. They have been established as pretty much the best types in the game, either offensively or defensively. You'll be hard pressed to not find all of these four on one team already. Not only would making the new Pokemon one of these types ensure that they would be replacing an already good Pokemon on their team, but it would also give them fierce competition and less chance to be used. Either way, it seems undesirable.

For me, this leaves Electric, Fire, Flying, Grass, Normal, Poison and Psychic.

I am pushing mostly for Fire, Poison and Electric, since they really need an expansion in some way or another, and these types lend themselves for such expansions with the help of a little creativity. Given that "main type" means their primary type, like how Salamence behaves more of a Dragon than a Flier, Zapdos more an Electric than a Flier, and Medicham more a Fighter than a Psychic, I am going to vote Fire.

fire

since we're not even given the option of making a preevo for not (wtf?) i'm going for grass/fire since it's a wicked typing.

Fire

I think the objective is to give a typing, that decide whether it should evolve from another Pokemon rather then evolve then typing.

I feel that the next CAP pokemon should be a Fire type.

I feel Fire types have been weaker in the D/P environment because of the omnipresent Stealth Rock. What I feel should be created, is a Fire-type with a weakness to Stealth Rock (25% damage upon switching in), as it will make the pokemon more balanced overall.

I think the main thing that should be added is a potential way to severely damage Heatran, arguably the best counter to Fire-types, sans Infernape, Blaziken and Magmortar.

Vote changed to Electric

[I don't have anything against fire, but I would rather make a new electric dual type.]

I think we should make a spec wall alternative to Blissey (not nearly as good as Blissey, but still a viable choice).

I think the objective is to give a typing, that decide whether it should evolve from another Pokemon rather then evolve then typing.
That's correct, that's why we decided to move that discussion to after the typing poll. I have a quote from the Process thread that best describe this reasoning.

so basically if a typing which is not relevant to anything requiring an evolution wins, we are basically forced to create a new pokemon no matter how many people want an evo

What happened was last one, everyone wanted a new Pokemon, but when it turned out to be Ghost/Fighting, everyone wanted it to be an evolution of Banette, but it was too late, because it was a new Pokemon.

So basically if a typing which is not relevant to anything requiring an evolution wins, we are basically forced to create a new pokemon no matter how many people want an evo
Well if you want to put it that way then yes you are kinda forced into making a new pokemon, but let's remember...there is a secondary type and all you evo lover can turn the tide by voting for a type that is relevant to something that needs evolving.

uh can you quote it because i don't see how it makes sense
See Original post.

I'd like it to be a Poison type. With an intelligent choice of sub-type (including "none") and a well planned BST distribution and abilities, it could make the first really good poison pokémon that uses its type (Because Gengar is part poison, but it is pretty irrelevant most of the time).

That way, we can get the types we want, and then if it fits as possibly being an evolution type, it has a chance
i dont understand how that makes sense at all. im gonna vote flying for fly/fight for a farfetched evo but im gonna vote fire for fire/grass for a new poke.
the point is "evo/new poke" is a much more general question than "what type" and should therefore be asked first.

im not gonna make a fuss but it just doesnt seem logical. right now it seems everyone is voting like they want a new poke which is fine, but kind of defeat the purpose of a following poll

edit: latinoheat's idea is pretty sick!!!!!!

I'd like it to be a Poison type. With an intelligent choice of sub-type (including "none") and a well planned BST distribution and abilities, it could make the first really good poison pokémon that uses its type (Because Gengar is part poison, but it is pretty irrelevant most of the time).
weezing and tentacruel are pretty good poison types

grass/fire sunflora evo

Fire

More options for mainstay fire Pokemon beyond Infernape/Heatran, and the gimmicky Charizard and Typhlosions.

There are a few reasons for doing typing and then decide on whether it's new or not. First, as stated above, people wanted Revenankh to be a Banette evolution at one point, but it was already decided upon as being a new Pokemon. This also removed a great art candidate from the finals, because it was seen as being "too Banette".

Second, the typing is more important than whether it's an evolution or not. Once typing is decided, if it can be an evolution, make a case for it and see if it's liked or not. Remember though, odds seem to be that most people would want a new Pokemon, either because there aren't any Pokemon they personally want to see an evolution of, or because they don't want to be restricted by that Pokemon's movepool.

Third, the Process discussion thread has been up for weeks. If it was really that important to anyone, they should've made some input there about it.

every time someone said anything about it the idea was shunned down because the whole committe are bias towards just having new pokemon, instead of you know thinking what the whole community want or atleast giving them the option. Also nearly 43% of people voted they wanted a new evo last time so it is hardly like its just a few people.

I think there is enough people wanting a new evo that you could run a new evo creation alongside the new pokemon ones, then the people who are put off by how limiting its supposed to be don't have to vote.

There is no logical reason for voting for type first because peoples votes would hugely differ if they knew it was gonna be a new evo or not.

Hmm... After reading everyone's opinions, I think that Poison will allow for more creativity and can fill more of a niche in the game. I especially liked the ideas of this being a more defensive Poke than either Syclant or Revenankh were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)