CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 1 (Main type)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more Fire type pokemon. Another bulky alternative to Heatran (you cannot give him steel type, though), a bulky fire would be powerful, like Arcanine, but with a decent movepool.

I'm rooting for Fire/Grass or Fire/Dragon, because they would make wicked tanks (subseed + Stab Fire Blast, or STAB Fire Blast+Dragon Pulse)

Zapdos, Jolteon, Electivire, Pikachu, Raichu, Raikou...

Probably weak overall, but they aren't too bad... electric would definately be my second choice after fire though.

Zapdos, Jolteon, Electivire, Pikachu, Raichu, Raikou...

Probably weak overall, but they aren't too bad... electric would definately be my second choice after fire though.
But we lack a good electric.
Sorry to try and shoot you down straight away, but non of these Electrics bar Electivire are Sweeper OU, and Zapdos is Bulky, but has been severely hampered due to Stone edge and Stealth rock. We really lack a good, Mid-High tier OU material electric.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I would like to see expansion for Fire, Poison, and Electric types.

Because Mekkah is my home dawg, I'm voting Fire.

I said I wanted to see an Electric/Grass Pokemon, but Aki just reminded me about how much more I wanted to see a Thunderstorm Cloud Pokemon. I always wanted a Levitating Electric type (Damn you Game Freak for taunting me with Magnet Rise! XD) and the only way I could see it feasibly happening was as a Cloud Pokemon.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
For all the reasons listed, I vote Fire, and also because I still the Fire/Grass type that will eventually come!

However, the Fire types have few useful type combinations to make it a bulky pokemon (Steel being the only one, I think, which is already taken by Heatran).

The Fire/Grass combination is definitely not a defensive Pokemon (directed towards whomever pointed it out), but more of an offensive Pokemon with decent defenses that allow it to get around.

It's weakness/resistance spread is far from "impressive," as the only key resistances it obtains are electric and grass. Being neutral to a lot of types means that it will have a hard time switching in without the correct defenses. That further proves it is better off as an offensive Pokemon.

Not to mention, Fire/Grass is an interesting attack combination. While it does not cover everything, it has enough punch (given the right attack or special attack, but most likely special attack) to leave dents into most Pokes. Hidden Power allows you to select between two of its main walls: dragons or Heatran. In this way, it can somewhat be compared to Yanmega in that Yanmega also has to choose between two when it runs Hidden Power.

In conclusion, I fully support the creation of a Fire type, especially with Grass as its secondary typing.

EDIT: P.S. Fire/Dragon sucks. It has a high potential to become a fanboy-magnet Pokemon!

I'd much rather vote for concepts than types one at a time. That way, rather then kinda randomly coming up with WTF's like Bug/Ice, but I'll throw in my two cents.

I vote rock. The only Rock types are in BL: Aerodactyl, Rhyperior, Regirock, Rampardos, and the like. We need a good Rock type in OU.

A cloud pokemon would be pretty cool, actually. I'm not sure if it would be pure electric or electric/water w/ levitate (since clouds are made of water). It sounds like the sort of thing that would have massive hp and good special stats, average-ish (80-90) speed, but very low defense/attack. Lanturn sorta fills that niche already, though this pokemon could be more heavily offensive.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Zapdos is an amazingly unique Pokemon with his Flying/Electric typing. Maybe we shouldn't take that away from him. =(

Are we allowed to change our votes?
Of course you're allowed to change your vote. These kind of poll gain you this freedom just in case you got convince you that a certain type need more support than others. I personally think I should have allowed people to vote for more than one type but that's my fault.

Also, I would like to say that I'm my vote towards supporting Electric in it's hour of need.

EDIT: P.S. Fire/Dragon sucks. It has a high potential to become a fanboy-magnet Pokemon!
Unresisted(except by Heatran) STAB moves, the possibility of Levitate(though unlikely, as that may make it a bit too strong), and rediculous potential(The new SpecsMence but better - Fire Blast, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, and HP ground/Earth Power/HP fight) sucks? Please explain to me, I don't understand. It is a somewhat common type combo in fakemons, but why does that mean it sucks and we shouldn't use it?

I suppose a cloud Pokemon would have to be Electric/Water with Levitate, wouldn't it? (or Water/Electric, but I'd like to stay away from Lanturn's exact typing) I wanted an Electric cloud Pokemon mainly to be able to use the move Thunderstorm. Such a move would suit a cloud perfectly, wouldn't you think?

If we ended up with a cloud-Pokemon, I would fight to the end of time to make its ability something that simply gives all Electric-typed moves 100% accuracy. In other words, 100% Accurate Thunder. Don't give it Levitate and take away that Ground-typed weakness. Now, should it get that electric-typed move accuracy boost, it would come down to consensus whether or not Zap Cannon would be overpowered or not.

Fire barely edges out poison for me, i wouldn't mind an electric but i think an electric cloud with levitate is an awful idea and kinda boring.

Hoping for a Fire/Grass overall

If we ended up with a cloud-Pokemon, I would fight to the end of time to make its ability something that simply gives all Electric-typed moves 100% accuracy. In other words, 100% Accurate Thunder. Don't give it Levitate and take away that Ground-typed weakness. Now, should it get that electric-typed move accuracy boost, it would come down to consensus whether or not Zap Cannon would be overpowered or not.
We could give it Drizzle. O.O

We could give it Drizzle. O.O
Personally I think your Thunderstorm move/ability is more than enough. We don't need a Auto-rain dancer in OU thank you very much.

I'd much rather vote for concepts than types one at a time. That way, rather then kinda randomly coming up with WTF's like Bug/Ice, but I'll throw in my two cents.
I agree with you there a little bit but it's kinda too late for me to change that. You opinion would have been a decent topic to discussion in the process thread.

We'd have to nerf it stat-wise to balance, but then it may not be usable anymore. Damn.

I'd still like to see Electric/Grass, though.

I'm going to vote for Fire. Every write-up I read for the Fire types all contain some referrence to "crappy typing." So let's see if we can make something that won't have that comment.

Personally I think your Thunderstorm move/ability is more than enough. We don't need a Auto-rain dancer in OU thank you very much.
And why not? We have auto-sandstorm in two already awesome pokémon, and auto-hail in a surprisingly useful (yet not amazing at all) one. Another way of negating SS or Hail would be good. And if Fire wins, I'd seriously consider Drought as an ability, if it fits.

Having all the weathers on OU would be great.

I'm going to vote for Fire. Every write-up I read for the Fire types all contain some referrence to "crappy typing." So let's see if we can make something that won't have that comment.
You're taking the sympathy vote. That's sorta sad. The idea of the CAP is to balance and improve the metagame. We have got enough good fire types; we don't have enough electric ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)