The UU Open IV - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cased

Banned deucer.
Requesting activity like user: 49, I didn't see my opponent on at the 1-2 scheduled times which seemed to be his only available times so... Yea, activitie

I haven't gotten a response yet. My opponent has not been on Smogon for like two weeks, so do I get the win, or do I have to request it?

Last edited:
Requesting activity, my opponent Ryu VM never replied to my scheduling propositions and my comment on his profile asking if he was gonna play. Makes sense since his profile said he was last seen Sunday..

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
welp going to call activity my guy never seems to be on and when he is its for like 2 minutes and then he doesnt log back on he also made no real effort in scheduling with me

I am the Bat

Banned deucer.
Last edited:

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requesting activity like user: 49, I didn't see my opponent on at the 1-2 scheduled times which seemed to be his only available times so... Yea, activitie
I actrually feel like I shouldn't have to do this but you're still pushing for an activity win you don't deserve based on the fact you didn;'t turn p at our roughly scheduled time.

We'll start with the Scheduling. Granted it fell at an awkward time in which I've had lingering activity but nontheless; We agreed to meet at sometime after 5pm my time;
FM VM Post said:
Evening Saturday my time would be doable (Ie, 5pm onwards) Would that work for you?
Cased reply VM post said:
Hm... Alright, sounds doable
I go out the Friday night, with you being unable to make the Friday Morning / Early afternoon which I proposed; partied that night woke up and ended up coming home earlier than anticipated (due to Cherub having to leave earlier than he thought) I get back early, head onto IRC pop smogon up in the backgrond and generally chill. note: I take responsibility for not leaving a note on your vm wall, but I did check periodically (About once an hour / 45mins) to see if you'd been on and left VM contact. I did this as well as chat on IRC and keeping an eye out for the only mutual chan which we occasionally chat to each other in (#neverused) - neither did I get a PM from you from either messaging system.
You didn't pop on once before the allocated time nor up to 4hrs 45mins afterwards. I believe this is a reasonable length of time to mope around and expect from you assming you were running late or something.
Saturday Logs as proof - CTRL+F Cased brings up no results - if cased did turn up under an alt - I was unaware of what alt that was needless to say I should've got a PM from the alt of Cased if he was on - I can;t be expected to know alts from users I've only ever seen under one name.
I end up going to sleep not long after that because I was still tired from the events of Friday.

I turn up Sunday - granted not knowing your schedule - but I was eqally unsure about mine. I end up staying on approx 6 hours on times I usually see players from Canada / US on. But once again hadn't turned up. Considering I had to be up early to catch a train I think it's fairly reasonable I give up at around Midnight. (I also watched Family Guy and had to Pack for the trip too at points during that time)
Sunday logs I think I was on for longer than that - but the logs seems to suggest I wasn't.

The very least you could've done is to ask if I could be on Sunday (After you was late) seeing as I didn't let people know I was going to be on Holiday until the Saturday night / Sunday morning. (I was discussing it with Cherub over skype) (Hell, I wasn't even sure I was going for Definite, Sunday)

Granted both parties could've been more clearer with the communcation about availablity and put more effort into getting the match done that we are trying to claim activity wins over one another. But the imperical fact is - you didn't show up at the time we agreed to (or what I believe to be a reasonable time afterwards to see if you were running late) purely stating I wasn't on at the agreed time when I have proven I was.

I'm off to sleep now - I've spent like 4~5 hours on a cramped, smelly train / bus / subway route in order to get home to reply to this. I'm exhausted by todays events - this is not what I wanted to do after coming back from a nice few relaxing days getting away from it all.

I actrually feel like I shouldn't have to do this but you're still pushing for an activity win you don't deserve based on the fact you didn;'t turn p at our roughly scheduled time.

We'll start with the Scheduling. Granted it fell at an awkward time in which I've had lingering activity but nontheless; We agreed to meet at sometime after 5pm my time;

I go out the Friday night, with you being unable to make the Friday Morning / Early afternoon which I proposed; partied that night woke up and ended up coming home earlier than anticipated (due to Cherub having to leave earlier than he thought) I get back early, head onto IRC pop smogon up in the backgrond and generally chill. note: I take responsibility for not leaving a note on your vm wall, but I did check periodically (About once an hour / 45mins) to see if you'd been on and left VM contact. I did this as well as chat on IRC and keeping an eye out for the only mutual chan which we occasionally chat to each other in (#neverused) - neither did I get a PM from you from either messaging system.
You didn't pop on once before the allocated time nor up to 4hrs 45mins afterwards. I believe this is a reasonable length of time to mope around and expect from you assming you were running late or something.
Saturday Logs as proof - CTRL+F Cased brings up no results - if cased did turn up under an alt - I was unaware of what alt that was needless to say I should've got a PM from the alt of Cased if he was on - I can;t be expected to know alts from users I've only ever seen under one name.
I end up going to sleep not long after that because I was still tired from the events of Friday.

I turn up Sunday - granted not knowing your schedule - but I was eqally unsure about mine. I end up staying on approx 6 hours on times I usually see players from Canada / US on. But once again hadn't turned up. Considering I had to be up early to catch a train I think it's fairly reasonable I give up at around Midnight. (I also watched Family Guy and had to Pack for the trip too at points during that time)
Sunday logs I think I was on for longer than that - but the logs seems to suggest I wasn't.

The very least you could've done is to ask if I could be on Sunday (After you was late) seeing as I didn't let people know I was going to be on Holiday until the Saturday night / Sunday morning. (I was discussing it with Cherub over skype) (Hell, I wasn't even sure I was going for Definite, Sunday)

Granted both parties could've been more clearer with the communcation about availablity and put more effort into getting the match done that we are trying to claim activity wins over one another. But the imperical fact is - you didn't show up at the time we agreed to (or what I believe to be a reasonable time afterwards to see if you were running late) purely stating I wasn't on at the agreed time when I have proven I was.

I'm off to sleep now - I've spent like 4~5 hours on a cramped, smelly train / bus / subway route in order to get home to reply to this. I'm exhausted by todays events - this is not what I wanted to do after coming back from a nice few relaxing days getting away from it all.
TL;DR FUCK CASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)