CAP 2 Smogon's "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 1

What should the base typing of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
fire ghost would definately be an amazing combination. we could have something with a purple and red color scheme. i can picture perfectly how it would look and all that other stuff. ill get some pictures to describe what im thinking of.

edit: the head could be something like this
http://ideal808.com/images/lob_en026.jpg
but smaller, and the body could be like darkrai but made of flames and with legs. good idea?

Gah, one or both of Dark / Electric need to drop off. Otherwise Ghost will win...

Why do people love the broken types that are insanely hard to balance?

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yes!!!! electric has reached >10% again, we must keep it there.

edit:
Gah, one or both of Dark / Electric need to drop off. Otherwise Ghost will win...
why? even if you dont like my list thingy, can't you just use the top 4?
electric and dark are not broken. not like steel or dragon. they are good types but not broken. anyway there are only 3 type combos for electric so it could do with more. grass and fire are horrable types and the are 2nd and 3rd.
why not on the next poll (assumeing both dark and electric stay >10%) use these options

1. ghost/fire
2. ghost/dark done before
3. ghost/electric done before
4. ghost/grass
5. fire/dark done before
6. fire/electric
7. fire/grass
8. grass/dark done before
9. grass/electric
10. electric/dark

thats all of them, i doubt many/any people want a mono type pokemon and that list includes all of the most popular types. if you remove the done before types you could add some mono types, or other popular type combos

Eric...

Next step is voting on the ones from this poll that got >10%. Not whatever you just posted. I already stated I didn't like how Cooper did it last time.

If Ghost wins, ti would go like this:

Ghost
Ghost/Normal
Ghost/Fire
Ghost/Water
Ghost/Grass
Ghost/Ice
Ghost/Fight
Ghost/Ground
Ghost/Psychic
Ghost/Bug
Ghost/Rock
Ghost/Steel

Yes, that is more then ten options. This is only hypothetical. But that is how the typing is being conducted. It is less limited, especially because some types don't mesh well with others.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Eric...

Next step is voting on the ones from this poll that got >10%. Not whatever you just posted. right. I already stated I didn't like how Cooper did it last time. nor did i, but then whats wrong with having more than 4 types on the next poll?

Ghost
Ghost/Normal
Ghost/Fire
Ghost/Water
Ghost/Grass
Ghost/Ice
Ghost/Fight
Ghost/Ground
Ghost/Psychic
Ghost/Bug
Ghost/Rock
Ghost/Steel

Yes, that is more then ten options. This is only hypothetical. But that is how the typing is being conducted. It is less limited, especially because some types don't mesh well with others.
ok then. i havent been keeping up to date well (dam virus) but will be able to more so from now on.

Stats,Movepool, combine with pokes in metagame makes a poke broken not types.If you guys need to be remind further i will throw out Ghost/Dark as a example.

Stats,Movepool, combine with pokes in metagame makes a poke broken not types.If you guys need to be remind further i will throw out Ghost/Dark as a example.
Dark/Ghost has barely any resists and redundant offensive STABs. Ghost/Fight and Ghost/Steel have neither of those problems. The thing is, Ghost/Steel will end up with a defensive spread and Ghost/Fight will be a very specialized attacker.

@ Eric, nothing except that divides the opposition to Ghost. Think of it like this, do you want an Electric more than you don't want a Ghost? It's just more types = Ghost wins easier. I would love to see an electric type, but unless something drastic happens, it's not going to be.

And if Ghost wins the base type poll, I might just do free response. Too many types to do without, and we need a limiter on "OH Ghost/Steel, I'm going to vote for it thinking there will be Levitate."

Hydra hard to balance and broken are two different things.Dragon/ice type or maybe Normal/Ghost maybe hard to types to have good stats without becoming broken.Broken is when Sableye has mew stats or even blissey stats and trait.

Types can't be broken or uber every thing has a counter.Stats,Movepool,trait and if pokemon in metagame counter it determines if something is broken.

Bull of Heaven

Ghost
Ghost/Normal
Ghost/Fire
Ghost/Water
Ghost/Grass
Ghost/Ice
Ghost/Fight
Ghost/Ground
Ghost/Psychic
Ghost/Bug
Ghost/Rock
Ghost/Steel
I assume you're trying to leave out the ones that already exist. Don't forget Froslass.

I assume you're trying to leave out the ones that already exist. Don't forget Froslass.
Oh... wow... even worse because I am currently using her. Okay... I forgot Sheddy too. That's more because Serebii didn't list them in its type chart (where I am checking for these things).

@ Luck:
Some typings are better than others. Some are way better than others. That's what I mean.

Oh... wow... even worse because I am currently using her. Okay... I forgot Sheddy too. That's more because Serebii didn't list them in its type chart (where I am checking for these things).
Froslass is listed as Ice/Ghost and Shedinja is listed as Bug/Ghost, which is why they weren't listed with the rest of the Ghost/- types.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Types can't be broken or uber every thing has a counter.Stats,Movepool,trait and if pokemon in metagame counter it determines if something is broken.
You have to also take into concideration the purpose of the Pokemon. A Steel / Posion sweeper is going to be pretty shit (Unless it has extreemly high attack) as it's got shit STABs. Likewise, a Bug type wall isn't going to be around for very long. Types can most certainly "Make or Break" a Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)