CAP 2 Smogon's "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 1

What should the base typing of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Valkyrie pokemon would be pretty interesting (coincidentally, I'm playing Valkyrie Profile 2 right now too). I could see it with a Scizor or Metagross-like stat spread (mainly offensive but enough defense that it can function as a tank too).

Looks like Dark, Ghost, Fire, and Grass are all going to move forward.
I'll still hold out hope for Fire/Grass though Ghost/Fighting would be acceptable also.

No fucking Ghost/Steel, gah. No personality at all.

But if your opponent out-predicts you even once, you're royally screwed.

Which is too bad, since Ghost/Fighting is a really cool type concept-wise.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
*rolls eyes*

Weaks: Posion / Fying / Rock
Resistances: Electric / Grass (4x) / Steel

Lets not have a SR weak kay? >.< Or if we do lets please not try to find a way around it. Dejavu to the max.

*rolls eyes*

Weaks: Posion / Fying / Rock
Resistances: Electric / Grass (4x) / Steel

Lets not have a SR weak kay? >.< Or if we do lets please not try to find a way around it. Dejavu to the max.
A Stealth Rock weak isn't too bad, and not enough to make us find justification for Mountaineer.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
electric is doing well, it may make it.

come on people vote electric, it needs more type combos (it only has 3) and is a good ofenceve and ok defenceve type, also electric pokes almost always look cool.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I voted Fighting, but if I had a second option it would definately be Ghost. Actually Ghost / Steel with Levitate would be awesome to wall shit IMO.

Fighting though is a neat STAB. Dragon / Fighting would obviously be broken, but Fighting / Flying might be a decent concept. Maybe even Fighting / Ice. o.O;

Not anymore than Ghost/Steel/Levitate or Ghost/Fighting period. Yah... Luckily, I'm pretty much not involving Dragon because Draco Meteor is broken off of even 80 SAtk.

So glad Electric dropped off. Sorry Eric, but I would prefer to have more people voting against Ghost. I hope Dark also drops off because Fire + Grass need support.

Need to quote people because I'm assuming the first statement is referring to that whole Dragon/Fighting idea.

I was thinking...if "Ghost/Steel" or "Ghost/Fighting" wins out, maybe we could make them into bulky physical/special sweepers though mostly special sweeper. Stat would be somewhere along the line of Metagross but watered down a bit.

Ghost/Grass = Haunted Tree
Ghost/Fire = Will o Wisp?
Ghost/Normal = Like hell that would work.

Hey, that was because Ice/Bug had a 50% weak to it! 25% is annoying, but still leaves you at good health for sweepage/set-ups.

What the hell is Fire/Grass anyway? I was picturing a Sudowoodo with it's hands on fire, but that'd be Fire/Rock. Maybe something like Carnivine is design if it turns out to be some kind of sweeper. Sorry people, I can't really see Grass or Fire tanking. Shaymin is the only exception, and even she doesn't do it that well.

Haunted bush for the win!

voting fire because there is only two really OU level Fire types (blaziken doesn't really count anymore since Infernape outdoes everything it would try with the acceptions of blaziken having BP and reversal and magmortar suffers from having its speed cut from a 93 base to 83 base as well has mono fire typing in a stealth rock filled world) and they are OU mostly because of their secondary typing allows them to function without alot of hinderance in OU (in the case of heatran and infernape this means stealth rock neutrality and for heatran poison immunty gives it toxic immunity while Infernape boasts stabbed fighting moves which forms a decent coverage combo with fire)

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
A Stealth Rock weak isn't too bad, and not enough to make us find justification for Mountaineer.
Agreed that it is very manageable. But, it was such a huge deal with Syclant, that it would be nice to not have any SR issues with this pokemon -- even a regular 2x weakness. If we need to deal with SR, I'd rather it be because of a Rock resist, or because we want to make a spinner. Since this is a ghost, it's automatically in the "SR discussion realm" because it will block spin. The rock weakness discussion was spammed hard on Syclant. I'm sick of it.

Yeah, a burning skull Fire/Ghost would be amazing. Especially a LEVATATING skull... Unless you want to think in the perspective of a Ghost Rider xD.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, a burning skull Fire/Ghost would be amazing. Especially a LEVATATING skull... Unless you want to think in the perspective of a Ghost Rider xD.
I think Hyra has already made it pretty clear that Levitate is not going to be an option on this pokemon. Levitate is already over-whored. We don't need to add to it.

With that said, I don't think people should bitch about any art designs that don't have a pokemon clearly positioned on the ground. Lots of pokemon appear to be levitating, that do not have the Levitate ability. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but a little advance warning doesn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)