CAP 2 Smogon's "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 1

What should the base typing of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, so new poke won? Nuts. Ah well, there's always next time.

Anyways, it probably won't win but I'm voting for Fighting. We don't have any true defensive fighting types in OU and it'd be neat to see one.

Eh. Not buying it as a Grass/Electric.
What about some sort of plant that uses solar energy to produce electricity, or something like that? It could work.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
an observation: currently there have been 222 votes. electric has 22. since 222/10=22.2, does that mean that electric gets cut? or do we round down and say electric has 10%?

Bull of Heaven

If it's Ghost/Steel, a suit of armor is probably the best way to go. And who says it has to be a wall? It could even be a fast physical sweeper.

Am I the only one who wants a Ghost/Ground or Ghost/Rock pokemon? Stop thinking about weaknesses for a moment, and it's a good concept.

But Ghost/Fire and Ghost/Water are also great ideas.

By the way, I voted for Ghost.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
If it fit in well into competitive play, would it be the ghost of a Meta-Knight? *lame pun*

I suppose something like that could work.

Maybe rather than haunted armor more like a haunted appliance like a toaster (or Rotom's TV)? Give it the ability to use electric and fire attacks.

I have 3 dual-type ideas:

Ghost/Fighting- STAB hits every pokemon at least neutral.

Fire/Grass- Interesting type combo. I'm just curious about it.

Poison/Fire- This type is immune to W-o-w and Toxic. All it needs to is an ability like Limber and status is gonna be a pain in the neck.

Voted fighting, in hope for an amazing viable rapid spinner!
Called Hitmontop? Intimidate + Decent Defenses = Good Rapid Spin. Resorts to Toxic to kill Dusknoir though.

I wish it was 24 hours in the future, so I could see everyone who didn't vote for Ghost in this poll vote for Grass so that I don't get lumped with restriction a Ghost/Steel or a Ghost/Fighting (Ghost/Normal is okay to work with). By the way, none of our Ghosts are getting Levitate. I can already say that, because it is too common on Ghosts and we need to be more original than EQ weak = Levitate.

Poison/Fire- This type is immune to W-o-w and Toxic. All it needs to is an ability like Limber and status is gonna be a pain in the neck.
unless you run across a normalize delcatty. its fun thunderwaving garchomp.
and the extremely gimmicky gastro acid stun spore victreebell.

but yeah, other than that, this guy will be eating status for breakfast. and lunch. maybe even dinner.

Ghost is winning sadly...

so the winner of this poll is the immediate winner to go on to the dual typing poll, correct? if so, damn.

It seems that a majority of the fire type voters/pollers want a tank, the best typing for that is imo, grass. (Stealth rock weak, but we got around that before) The grass voters i think also want a tank. The most interesting typing for this would be fire. Combined, they best ghost...

Suggesting a fire/grass typing to be considered as an option in the next polling alongside the the winner's dual types

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Nah, it changed. Anything with 10% or more votes goes through to the second round of voting for the first type.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Quite right, Hyra. I could see some things with Ghosts that would be interesting for abilities:

Any Ghost: Clear Body, Filter, Frisk, Intimidate, Magic Guard, Mold Breaker, Poison Heal, Serene Grace, Shield Dust, Sniper, Synchronize, Technician, Trace
Ghost/Fighting: Adaptability, Anger Point, Huge Power, Iron Fist, No Guard, Pure Power, Scrappy
Ghost/Grass: Chlorophyll, Effect Spore, Flower Gift, Leaf Guard, Overgrow, Rain Dish, Solar Power
Ghost/Steel: Iron Fist, Magnet Pull, Rock Head, Shell Armor, Suction Cups (Don't ask why, it just feels like it would be interesting)
Ghost/Ground: Lightningrod, Sand Stream, Sand Veil
Ghost/Rock: Rock Head, Rough Skin, Sand Stream, Sand Veil, Shell Armor
Ghost/Fire: Blaze, Drought, Dry Skin (would be VERY interesting), Flame Body, Flash Fire, Heat Proof
Ghost/Water: Damp, Drizzle, Dry Skin, Hydration, Rain Dish, Solar Power (refracting light through the water, but evaporating it), Torrent, Water Absorb
Ghost/Normal: Normalize, Scrappy

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm going for Clear Body on a Ghost / any defencive typing.

Also Hyra has already ruled out Heatproof on anything with a fire weak.

I like Scrappy. I don't care which it is on. Scrappy + Ghost = Dead Puppy. But Fighting + Scrappy = broken, even if just a little.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves as much as I love dead puppies.

WTF, no Intimidate nor Pressure on a Ghost/Steel? Also why rule out Heatproof on it too? If we alreay ruled out Leviate then Heatproof shouldn't be that bad.

Scappy on a Ghost/Anything seem somewhat pointless lol

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
WTF, no Intimidate nor Pressure on a Ghost/Steel? Also why rule out Heatproof on it too? If we alreay ruled out Leviate then Heatproof shouldn't be that bad.

Scappy on a Ghost/Anything seem somewhat pointless lol
Seems fun to have Scrappy on a Ghost/Fighting when against Spiritomb to me.

I put Intimidate under Any Ghost. I don't think we need another Pressurer, but again, this are just my suggestions.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
About this Ghost/Steel idea everyone is dabbling about. The best example coming to mind would be Dullahan. Duh.

Also Hard Armor always made me lol

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If this goes Ghost/Steel, I'm thinking of concepts like Norse Valkyries. That could be so cool....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)