CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of people seem to be ignoring Hyra's edit to the main post. He said balenced defense and everyone keeps making spreads with a 20 point difference between them! It seems like something along the lines of 65/110/95/80/95/80 would work well. Stat total is 525 with enough attack to do some damage and good enough defenses to take advantage of its typing.

Something like this...

HP 40
Atk 110
def 40
Sp atk 110
sp def 20
speed 110

Defenses are low, but it can be a sort of Deoxys-A, enough for a mixed set but can be crippled easily

Wtf, it's already going to be Physical balanced.
I'm voting Fast because that should balance out the other stats. It's the reason why Crobat isn't OU, but this thing has good typing to make it better, as well.

And whatever you do, don't fucking give it an extra speed point to outspeed a Speed tier. Make it base 110 or something.

I would actually go Medium/slow on this. A spread like 90/105/105/60/95/60 gives a BST of 515 with great defenses on both sides.

It should be an option. Based on the Syclant poll, I don't think many people will vote for it.

Hyra -- Here's some range suggestions for the poll. Just a suggestion...

580+
550-579
526-549
500-525

Lumping 580+ into one category is for fairness to all those that want a huge BST. To fracture this into a bunch of different votes is guaranteeing a big BST won't win. I don't want a legendary BST, but I also don't like steering polls.

The 550-579 range is pretty worthless, since no existing pokemon really fit into this category. But, it's the next logical range of numbers.

The next two are key. I split the range into "High OU" (526-549) and "OU" (500-525). I specifically changed the split number at 525, with it in the lower range. I think most people arguing for OU, seem to be capping at 525. Everyone endorsing High OU, seem to start at about 530. If the 525 number is not included in the lower range, people who want 525 MAXIMUM, might be encouraged to bump their vote up to High OU.

I'm listing this out because I recall the Syclant BST polls had some key BST numbers in the "wrong" ranges, IMO. I remember having trouble voting because of the exact dividing number. Also, the ranges were too spread out into too many little ranges. Based on discussions, it seems like we can divide everyone into three "camps" (Legendary, High OU, and OU). The ranges I'm suggesting are to give each camp a fair chance.
I'll make the break at 525 then. I'm still going to keep the 580 and 600 options, simply because Gamefreak creates those Pokemon in two different ways. 580 is part of a legendary trio, with a nice stat spread but a horrible movepool. I think Azelf, Suicune, and maybe Zapdos are the only OU Pokemon out of this group (Raikou is solidly BL at least for now). On the other hand, most 600 BST Pokemon are either Uber or High OU, excluding Shaymin who got the short end of the movepool stick.

This means the options are 670-680 (uber), 600 (have fun balancing this), 580 (trio!), 526-545 (550 doesn't exist), 500-525, and less than 500. Now I just need to decide if I do a clicky poll, or Sunday's wierd poll idea that would actually work.

Hurray for base spreads! I sincerely hope that I can submit a spread ... I have been wanting to do so for a long time and have taken every effort possible to display my interest and (hopeful) competence in the matter.
Of course you'll be able to submit a spread. You got most of the people to vote Ghost/Fighting. My last post was aimed at people Cooper had chosen last time and were freaking out.

Alot of people seem to be ignoring Hyra's edit to the main post. He said balenced defense and everyone keeps making spreads with a 20 point difference between them! It seems like something along the lines of 65/110/95/80/95/80 would work well. Stat total is 525 with enough attack to do some damage and good enough defenses to take advantage of its typing.
Balanced defenses does not mean equal. I actually think 20 is the max difference we should have. It's more people didn't want something like 100/180/20 for a defensive spread.

Anyways, this thread will run until later today, at which time the BST poll should open (it's Super Bowl night, something might come up).

Reposting as I was skipped :(

Comments etc please guys :)
Dude, not everyone's going to comment on your spreads.

Yeah, I kind of forgot that there was a poll to base my stats on.... I'll rework them into this:

100/ 125/ 75/ 80/ 85/ 65 = 530 BST

A much bulkier version, and with a lower BST! I forget who said it, but an earlier comment was that something did nothing well. This was sort of my thought behind this guy. It may indeed be bulky, but it doesn't really have much going for it except for that smexy attack. If this were to be picked as our spread, I would think our first task for the moveset would be to give it a physical moveset consisting of priority attacks. And Bulk Up. Hehehe....

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Something like this...

HP 40
Atk 110
def 40
Sp atk 110
sp def 20
speed 110

Defenses are low, but it can be a sort of Deoxys-A, enough for a mixed set but can be crippled easily
you do realize that we decided this thing was going to be balanced with a little more emphasis on offence, not a deoxys clone. just because your offence and speed are the same and your defences are about the same doesn't mean it's balanced.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You know, if we do go with a trio with 580 Base stats, can we make it a Ghost type trio?

Ghost/Fighting(physical), Ghost/Normal(mixed), Ghost/Psychic(special)

This would be representative of the general types, although Ghost/Normal has an edge on the other two unless we give our Ghost/Fighting Scrappy.

Why wouldn't we put Ghost/Grass as the third *shudders at the thought*. I mean, it did get second place in the polls. But I do love your idea of bringing sexy back, and by sexy I mean Ghost/Normal.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why wouldn't we put Ghost/Grass as the third *shudders at the thought*. I mean, it did get second place in the polls. But I do love your idea of bringing sexy back, and by sexy I mean Ghost/Normal.
I wanted the trio to have some sort of symetry to it (all the trios do), and Ghost/Grass is kind of out of the norm, although I suppose it fits in as balanced too.

Even still, giving something with 580 base stats Leech Seed is somewhat irresponsible (see: Celebi), but I'm sure it could be done.

Still, a Fighting/Grass/Psychic trio of Ghosts. I guess it works.

I'd raise attack to 105, or even 110 (but not a single point more), lower special attack to 75, and raise special defense to 95, but honestly, if that one were the one chosen, I'd be quite happy.
Taking your advice/idea into account and.....

Before
90/100/105/80/90/60 = 515

After
90/110/105/75/95/60 = 535, same value as Swampert.

Personally I first wanted it to be albe to outspeed Breloom and smash that damn shroom but then I decided that it needed that guy as a semi-counter to balance him out.

Dude, not everyone's going to comment on your spreads.

Yeah, I kind of forgot that there was a poll to base my stats on.... I'll rework them into this:

100/ 125/ 75/ 80/ 85/ 65 = 530 BST

A much bulkier version, and with a lower BST! I forget who said it, but an earlier comment was that something did nothing well. This was sort of my thought behind this guy. It may indeed be bulky, but it doesn't really have much going for it except for that smexy attack. If this were to be picked as our spread, I would think our first task for the moveset would be to give it a physical moveset consisting of priority attacks. And Bulk Up. Hehehe....
Yeah, I know that, but I was totally skipped...
I may be a n00b to smogon, but I've been playing since late advance and whilst I'm not the best play, I know the metagame fairly well. Also, it's kinda annoying when ya put effort in to something only have it ignored :/
Guess I need to work up a reputation lol

@ Your set:

100 HP is a lil' high if you're expecting it to get Pain Split 'cause it doesn't work to well on high HP pokes... though with minimal EV's it could work.
Seeing as it's menna be Physical, the Satk is a bit high, maybe drop it by 5 or 10, which would also solve the kinda big BST... The attack is also maybe a bit high... It'd hit as hard as Weavile (And don't mention speed; Shadow Sneak / Mach Punch vs Ice Shard) and take hits just a bit worse than Swampert... Whilst remaining faster... So it could be a bit broken, though the fliers that kill it can still outrun it (Togekiss, Yanmega, Swellow, Staraptor, who's a great chocie thanks to intimidate)

@ Your set:

100 HP is a lil' high if you're expecting it to get Pain Split 'cause it doesn't work to well on high HP pokes... though with minimal EV's it could work.
Seeing as it's menna be Physical, the Satk is a bit high, maybe drop it by 5 or 10, which would also solve the kinda big BST... The attack is also maybe a bit high... It'd hit as hard as Weavile (And don't mention speed; Shadow Sneak / Mach Punch vs Ice Shard) and take hits just a bit worse than Swampert... Whilst remaining faster... So it could be a bit broken, though the fliers that kill it can still outrun it (Togekiss, Yanmega, Swellow, Staraptor, who's a great chocie thanks to intimidate)
I was never intending for this to get Pain Split. I happen to hate that move. And just because something is a physical pokemon doesn't mean it can't have a Sp. Attack stat. Look at Garchomp and all the special variants that evolved around him. Also, this is a physical pokemon, and should therefore have high attack. Who cares if it matches Weavile? Is there a rule saying it can't have the same attack as anything else? And a 530 BST is not high.

Medium. Let it be slower, but have good defense/offense to hit back hard. Good typing, powerful STABs, and decent defenses will make it great for switching in and then striking back.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Taking your advice/idea into account and.....

Before
90/100/105/80/90/60 = 515

After
90/110/105/75/95/60 = 535, same value as Swampert.

Personally I first wanted it to be albe to outspeed Breloom and smash that damn shroom but then I decided that it needed that guy as a semi-counter to balance him out.
This is clearly a "Tank" spread. I hate seeing that 60 speed, but it makes sense when looking at the rest of the stat line. I think you have a good line here.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Going with medium because this bitch can't be the next Weavile and because Swampert is a slow monster that has success in OU. Our little ghost can do it too (maybe even better?).

This is clearly a "Tank" spread. I hate seeing that 60 speed, but it makes sense when looking at the rest of the stat line. I think you have a good line here.
Is having the "Tank" spread stamp a bad thing because I kinda though we were doing something bulky like. Like I said before, I somewhat model the stat line on Swampert since I like the big blue mud puppy (Ain't no damn mud-skipper based on appearance) so the 60 speed was kinda there on purpose. I would have bump the speed up to 65 since I prefer stat that end in 0, 2, or 5.

As weird as it may sound to y'all, why not make its stats like Celebi/Jirachi? A little weaker, but how about this?

80/95/95/95/95/70= 530

BST is still right about where we want it, and I don't see it getting any more balanced than that.

Physical could be:

New Ghost move?
Shadow Claw
Shadow Sneak
Brick Break
Would CC be broken? I think maybe it would...at least defeat the purpose of a tank
Elemental Punches
Focus Punch

Special Side:

Aura Sphere
Vac Wave
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball????
Probly not TBolt, though it would be an option in a poll
Hidden Power

Support:

WoW
T-Wave
Hypnosis???? Or too much status here......
Pain Split? Recover seems too powerful
SD
NP
Bulk Up
Calm Mind

Of those last four, we probably eliminate some of them

Give it Taunt....maybe make the 95s back to 90s, def no recover, eliminate hypnosis, and it seems pretty balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)