CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. We now have a Ghost/Fighting Pokemon. It's entire existence is pretty ghostly; it lacks a design and a purpose. Well, we finally get to start on the interesting aspects of this pokemon.

This thread will solve the purpose problem (art thread found here). This thread will be a long one. I am going to completely pinpoint the role here, so that Base Stat design will only be deciding the degree of each aspect. I am going to periodically update this OP with each new question once I feel we have decided on the last one.

Currently, we need to choose if we want an offensive or defensive Pokemon. The Ghost/Fighting typing lends itself to both, having unresisted STAB attacks and the resistances to counter Heracross and Tyranitar at the same time. Your goal is to persuade the most people to the side you want.

Should our new Ghost/Fighting Pokemon be offensive, defensive, or balanced?
Offensive - 20 votes - 24.39%
Defensive - 6 votes - 7.31%
Balanced - 56 votes - 68.29%

Will our new Pokemon be Physical, Special, or Mixed (this applies to both attack and defense). You can vote different ways for each one if you really feel the need (ala Gallade).

Physical - 30 votes - 68.18%
Special - 8 votes - 18.18%
Mixed - 6 votes - 13.64%

Last question:

How fast will our new Pokemon be? Options are slow (<60 speed), medium (60-85 speed), fast (90-110), and then really fast (>115 speed).
Slow - 7 votes - 12.96%
Medium - 34 votes - 62.96%
Fast - 10 votes - 18.52%
Really Fast - 3 votes - 5.56%

THIS THREAD IS DONE!

By the way, this entire thread will be done by bold text voting.

I think the pokemon should be offensive due to the great variety of offensive ghost type and fighting type moves.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I've always enjoyed a little Balance in my life, and this thing looks like it can make for some great balanced play.

I'd like to see it to be offensive, but not fragile. I don't want like, Kingdra level defenses, but more like, 90+ HP, 75+Def, and 75+Special Defense. I'd rather it be physical, with a physical Ghost signature move, with less than 90 base speed. At the same time, I'd love to see Aura Sphere on this thing...hm....but offensive, as I said.

I'm gonna go balanced. Both the Kingdra aspect and the Porygon 2 aspects of balance appeal to me, especially on something with the perfect typing for it.

Offensive, but with a definite slant towards balanced stats.

I'd rather have it Physical than special or mixed. Reason behind that being that we already have several special-oriented ghosts (Gengar, Mismagius, Rotom, Drifloon, Frolass...heck, nearly every ghost except Banette and Noir is special based), but not a single true ghost sweeper (neither Dusknoir nor Banette can really be a solid sweeper in standard play).

Thist Ghost/Fighting reminds me somewhat of Lucario. He's got some good resistances going for him as well as Fighting STAB and some good coverage. I personally would like to see something as imaginative as Lucario (concept-wise) come about from this poll.

Offensive.

Ah, Ghost/Fight won. Ah well.

A balanced type would be nice; not so fragile like other ghosts, could be more supportive, and have that gorgeous dual STAB to back itself up. I can see this being a pretty cool Blissey/Cresselia counter!

I also kinda think. Given his really good typing, even if it had slightly higher than average defensive stats (90ish), then it'd kinda be a slightly less defensive Spiritomb. Spiritomb has not great defensive stats, but its great typing makes up for it. I think that if we had a slightly balanced or offensive thing, it'd be a Spiritomb with slightly lower defenses and a higher attacking stat. (sorta)

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I also kinda think. Given his really good typing, even if it had slightly higher than average defensive stats (90ish), then it'd kinda be a slightly less defensive Spiritomb. Spiritomb has not great defensive stats, but its great typing makes up for it. I think that if we had a slightly balanced or offensive thing, it'd be a Spiritomb with slightly lower defenses and a higher attacking stat. (sorta)
Oh come on, you can't vote for offencive and then want to give it the defencive cababilities of Spiritomb. Why is this starting to look broken again? If you want what you appear to in that post balanced is obviously the way to go. If you vote offence you can expect 50/60/60 defencive stats thanks to his good defencive typing.

I vote for Flexible, with no complete slant to one or the other. I think it would be most like a tank, but I'd like the bulk/sweeper options of gyarados and the physical/special split of Lucario and Infernape. With a diverse movepool and balanced stats this could be a pokemon for anyone.

Oh no, I don't want to give it the defenses of Spiritomb. I'm just saying that if it goes balanced then we wouldn't necessarily have to give it higher than 90 defenses. I agree with Fishin. Offensive with a balanced slant. I was just thinking that given its typing to get it balanced it wouldn't need to have higher than 85-90 defense/sp. defense. In fact, I'm more saying that balanced doesn't necessarily mean giving it 115 defenses and 100 hp.

Oh come on, you can't vote for offencive and then want to give it the defencive cababilities of Spiritomb. Why is this starting to look broken again? If you want what you appear to in that post balanced is obviously the way to go. If you vote offence you can expect 50/60/60 defencive stats.
Oh wait. My point of speed is invalidated because he wants 90ish speed. Rhyperior has godly physical stats, but is slow and really weak to special attacks, nullifying all of that. Balanced does not mean between Physical and Special, just between offense and defense.

Also, can anyone think of a Special Pokemon similar to Rhyperior, Hippowdon, and Swampert. High offense and defense on the Special side, but bad physical and speed stats.

Oh wait. My point of speed is invalidated because he wants 90ish speed. Rhyperior has godly physical stats, but is slow and really weak to special attacks, nullifying all of that. Balanced does not mean between Physical and Special, just between offense and defense.

Also, can anyone think of a Special Pokemon similar to Rhyperior, Hippowdon, and Swampert. High offense and defense on the Special side, but bad physical and speed stats.
Gardevoir, maybe? When I said 90ish speed, I really more meant, lower speed. I think of 90 as slow. Something not fast. Kinda like Lucario, but not necessarily mixed.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Glaceon (65/60/110/130/95/65)? It's the closest I could find... But it's typing is balls, with like, the new Poke having more Immunities than Glaceon has resists.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Gardevoir comes to mind immediately, with decent HP and huge SD, and 125 SA.

Empoleon has a fairly useful defensive type and 84/88/101 Defenses and 111 SA.

Mismagius also fits the bill, although 60/105 isn't gamebreaking.

Magnezone is kinda Swampert-y, although it has higher Def than SDef.

Ludicolo is kind of like a special Swampert, with 80/70/100 Defenses and 90 base SA.

Venusaur has 80 HP and 100 SA/SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)