CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Discussion 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit Giga Drain doesn't make sense, but there are alot of other
things that get Grass Knot and Power Whip and make less sense, this
guy could use his bandages :/

Also, No Power Whip/Giga Drain/Grass Knot. Deserts are, by definition, not grassy.
If Lickilicky can use Power Whip via tongue, this guy can use Power Whip via bandages. Grass Knot could also be used via bandages in a sense, though it's slightly more debatable (tying enemy up, twirling them around, and chucking them).

No Hypnosis and related moves

and I thought that we decided that there's nothing inside the bandages, so how does it roar/hypervoice?

For everyone whining about hypnosis, how do you explain Milotic and Rapidash? If they can get it I don't see why this couldn't. It wouldn't be that broken, it would help make up for the lack of will-o-wisp

as for people arguing about Fire Punch, how do you explain Dragonite with ice punch, Hippowdon with Thunder Fang, etc? We already decided this thing wasn't getting dry skin so that argument is irrelevant. (it's not weak to fire either)

I really hope I don't kill this joke. Just felt I had to contribute in some way. Doug's article is way better.

^ Didn't I already said there was plant life in the desert not named Cacti?
Does anyone listen to anything that's not a picture?

I don't, and from the fact that there's still discussion about how it can('t) whip with its bandages, I don't think anyone else does either.

EDIT: I also find no mention of plant life that may or may not exist anywhere in this thread.

"It's similar to pistol whipping"

hahahah I love you cooper.

also, no hypnosis. I said it before, but i didn't bold it.

Does anyone listen to anything that's not a picture?

I don't, and from the fact that there's still discussion about how it can('t) whip with its bandages, I don't think anyone else does either.
....no comment as I'm shamefully defeated.

EDIT: I also find no mention of plant life that may or may not exist anywhere in this thread.
It's because most of the people are either too lazy to actually do some simple research and post it here or don't know

Edit: Wrappings used on mummies are made of linen which is made up of fibers from the Flax plant. Flax are native around Mediterranean to Indian area and was/is grown in Egypt. Since linen at the times was made up of plant matter and the thing is just a bunch of linen wrapping, why can't it learn a few grass move?

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Cooper, since you are the originator of the joke -- you can take it as far as you want. I laughed hard on your latest installment.

What should the main Fighting STAB move be??
-
Close Combat
-Cross Chop
-Dynamic Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Super Power

Which, if any, of the Elemental Punches does this get??
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-ThunderPunch

Does this get Recovery outside of Rest??
-Yes, move is Moonlight (fits better with a vengeful mummy than Morning Sun)
-No

Does this get Will-o-Wisp??
-Yes
-No

*NEW*
Does this get Hypnosis and associated moves?
-
Yes
-No

Sorry for posting the moveset. I figured if it needed to be reduced, it was easier to post a reduced moveset that argue about moves to be removed.

Also, Heart Scale moves are just moves learned at Level 1. You do realize that, right?

My vote is no on Hypnosis. One, it doesn't need it, two, I don't like this guy having sleep, and three, I don't like the idea of a mummy in general having sleep.

I still dislike Nightmare and Dream Eater on the move list. I think we could find moves that make much more sense and put them in instead. Like Grudge or Cures, both of which make more sense on a Mummy than Nightmare and Dream Eater.

I like the idea of him egg moving Force Palm. I also really like Aura Sphere, because it's better than Focus Blast in so many cases as a special Fighting move. Both would be acquired from Lucario.

I'm beginning to think you're more looking for an excuse to keep Roar on than really liking the flavor of it. Honestly, I don't think Roar is a completely necessary move. There are plenty of pokemon that can Phaze, so functionally it's not actually that necessary. I think the people who comment on its lack of flavor really have a point.

Sorry for posting the moveset. I figured if it needed to be reduced, it was easier to post a reduced moveset that argue about moves to be removed.

Also, Heart Scale moves are just moves learned at Level 1. You do realize that, right?

Yeah, I just wanted to seperate them since they can go to level or breeding. Heart Scale was the easiest division.

My vote is no on Hypnosis. One, it doesn't need it, two, I don't like this guy having sleep, and three, I don't like the idea of a mummy in general having sleep.

I still dislike Nightmare and Dream Eater on the move list. I think we could find moves that make much more sense and put them in instead. Like Grudge or Cures, both of which make more sense on a Mummy than Nightmare and Dream Eater.

If Hypnosis goes, these two go. Not sure what I would do in the spot though. I might give Curse and stuff, or I might just move Moonlight to 52.

I like the idea of him egg moving Force Palm. I also really like Aura Sphere, because it's better than Focus Blast in so many cases as a special Fighting move. Both would be acquired from Lucario.

Agreed, but first we need to remove Egg Moves before we can add more.

I'm beginning to think you're more looking for an excuse to keep Roar on than really liking the flavor of it. Honestly, I don't think Roar is a completely necessary move. There are plenty of pokemon that can Phaze, so functionally it's not actually that necessary. I think the people who comment on its lack of flavor really have a point.

eh... if you guys are really that adamant about it...

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For the record I was opposed to Hypnosis before it was cool to be against it.

I'm hip!

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
no hypnosis

sure, give him great typing, and stats, along with good stat up, recovery and attacking moves. But come on? amazing support moves? please, no.

....no comment as I'm shamefully defeated.

It's because most of the people are either too lazy to actually do some simple research and post it here or don't know

Edit: Wrappings used on mummies are made of linen which is made up of fibers from the Flax plant. Flax are native around Mediterranean to Indian area and was/is grown in Egypt. Since linen at the times was made up of plant matter and the thing is just a bunch of linen wrapping, why can't it learn a few grass move?
Considering that it is a Ghost pokemon, and the wrappings on its body were not actually put on it by humans, it may not actually be covered in linen but rather in some self-generated ghostly material.

Considering that it is a Ghost pokemon, and the wrappings on its body were not actually put on it by humans, it may not actually be covered in linen but rather in some self-generated ghostly material.
If that's the case then why are people freaking out over it using fire attacks? It's not like it's actually flammable =/

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Does this get Hypnosis and associated moves?
-
Yes
-No

It does enough jobs done well on his own. Hypnosis seems kinda thrown on, I dunno.

I beleive the only Grass moves he should get would be Power Whip and Energy Ball, if only for the fact that they aren't related to plants at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)