CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Art Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That axe is bone, though. His other forearm bone.
Then I think they should be off-white... ...you could use the Pokedex entry to explain, of course... ...but, I think at this point the connection between picture and Ghost/Fighting needs to be intuitive.

I tried to make it pretty obvious that my last one was a Fighting type (great big fuck-off boxing gloves and a sturdy physique) but I guess when you're drawing you just can't win, so I know how it feels. Still, off-white would look cool and more original than that silvery-steel colour.

They were meant to look white, but I shaded them too much. I suppose it helps that the rest of his bones are the same color, though.

Also, I definitely was going for a gray tone when I went in. I can't picture dead Vikings without lots of gray.

Thought I'd get a pencil versions up of these guys.

I know this guy doesn't have much of a chance anymore, but I also wanted to get final versions of him and Mr Nunchux up as well.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I know this guy doesn't have much of a chance anymore, but I also wanted to get final versions of him and Mr Nunchux up as well.

... Crap. Now I can't help but think of a fencing Pikmin ghost.

Wait. Pikmin have ghosts... and fight... but crap. They're probably more Grass / Ghost if they die.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I concur, but the bottom / pants... I dunno. Perspective seems off, or my eyes are going wonky.

The nunchuck Pokemons's legs aren't very solid (more like ghostly extensions) so they can twist and turn and even sort of puff into oblivion as he moves. They look weird if you think they're solid, which I guess everyone does. Action shots are needed, I guess.

Edit: Compiled the pencil drawings into one post to save space.

I had another idea...

I was fiddling around with my new-ish Wii and suddenly noticed the headgear on Wii Sports Boxing. I thought it could make a cool Pokemon, along the lines of Glalie and Electrode. I found that didn't look great, a bit too Probopass-y, so this guy has more body than the others I tried, I really I like him best. I figure he can walk on his knuckles/hands or perhaps just float.

TaB, you're going to eventually have to choose the ones you want me to post in the thread. A lot of these are amazing, and I will always feel I am picking the wrong one.

I was fiddling around with my new-ish Wii and suddenly noticed the headgear on Wii Sports Boxing. I thought it could make a cool Pokemon, along the lines of Glalie and Electrode. I found that didn't look great, a bit too Probopass-y, so this guy has more body than the others I tried, I really I like him best. I figure he can walk on his knuckles/hands or perhaps just float.

This one FTW! This is probably the best of yours. It looks like it can tank very well. Awsome. Choose this one for the poll.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Wow. I really like it. Wish I had thought of it, actually. Fits in as a Ghost very well, I believe.

teas_and_blues, all of your designs have been great, but the new boxing one takes the cake.

Here's another of my drawings of my idea, which I've dubbed Macabrawl (macabre + brawl).

Would appreciate any comments/critiques.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@ Hyra: I'm assuming that two is the upper limit for design submissions from one person, is that right?
i hope not, TaB my favorite 4 out of my top 5 pokemon are drawn by you. hyra can you put all/most of TaB's pokemon in please? if theres too many we can do bold text voteing.

The original nunchuck Pokemon that I designed looks fast. Let's face it, none of the stat spreads we have to choose from are fast, but a nunchuck Pokemon is neeeeeeeded. So I had a go a more 'wall-y' one. Do you guys think it works? Comments? Suggestions?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I'm not too sure where I went with this... It was supposed to be a fighting sandbag, but, well, this is what happens when I draw too early. :/

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
keep the lower part of the arms from the older one, the upper is the bit that needs more power. the face looks less like wobby now but it kinda looks like a robot. dunno how to fix it though.

I've had a couple of ideas, but this is the only one that really grabbed me. I'll give a full backstory later, if there's interest. Hope you like it.

By far, in my opinion, the most interesting design in the topic. I love it. I think with some darker colours it would be perfect.

By far, in my opinion, the most interesting design in the topic. I love it. I think with some darker colours it would be perfect.
I tend to see-saw between thinking that that design will win, and that it doesn't have a chance unless it's made to look like a Pokemon. It's an awesome design, with an elaborate backstory. I keep wanting to do fanart of it so that I can make it fit with the game.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Lorak, that pic keeps reminding me of Ed from ED, Edd, ad Eddy. :P

It's basically got the same color scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)