CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Art Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Anyhow, here's a update on the rapier/fencing concept.

This is a great drawing, but I like the previous design and pose better. I really like this concept you have worked up. The fencing ghost concept is really cool. (I know DT came up with the original idea).

Phantonette? Meh... Banette is obviously Banshee + marionette by the way. Except Banette can't scream like most Banshees.

Anyways, I'm sure well lose focus on the Banette evo eventually. Unfortunately, I don't think the Base Stats are going to scream Banette evo. The fencing Ghost is good, it just looks a little to small. I think the main attracting to KoA's drawing is that it has an entire body to use Fighting moves with.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've had a couple of ideas, but this is the only one that really grabbed me. I'll give a full backstory later, if there's interest. Hope you like it.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Oh my god that's absolutly hilariously awesome, gogo Bling Mummy Mon!

Hilarious in a good way, if you know what I mean...

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Heh, Doug is it a dead gangster come back to haunt or something? Regardless, it does look pretty cool.

For some reason it reminds me of a gangster Mr. Clean...I guess because it's bald and buff.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
put a mohawk on it and you got a mr. t ghost. THATS ghost/fighting. banette is banish+marionette i think, because it cant open it's mouth to scream like a banshee. also as an amateur fencer, i like the fencing ghost. however, make the mask in front of the face and make the rapier more of a saber with a bell guard on it

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Looks like I have something to shoot for with my design now. ;)

It's nice that someone set the bar.

Hyra, you can't say that until the poll results come in. 'Balanced' can mean anything from Blissey (no) to Swampert (this is Banette evo distribution) to Tyranitar (this could work too).

Just came up with an idea

How about this poke be able to evolve only by equipping an item to it? I say you make the evo Banette *as this will come into sense once I mention the evo item* and you use a cleanse tag to evo it. The tag itself looks a lot like a fu talisman like what I've mentioned before, that way you can actually have the spell tag on the evo's forehead. Also the evo is going to have to be not as evil looking as banette because Cleanse Tag (even though it keeps wild pokemon away) is given to the player to ward ghosts off. Thus the ghost pokemon (Banetter) is cleansed of it's grudges and evil and becomes benevolent and loyal but a worthy fighter none the less.

So if someone could make a design of the cleanse tag on the pokes head and give it that puppet look at the same time then that would be a neat combo of both

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Man, you are totally fixated on that tag idea, huh?

Sadly the design I'm coming up with won't suit a Fu very well, you'll see why.

ahaha. Doug drew the genii from Aladdin, but without using blue. Anyways, that is awesome enough to compete with the kick ass Marionette fighter, which I still love.

I got an idea in my head, so i had a go at my own drawing - but im not sure if i should post it though as it is completely outclassed by everything in this thread...

I've had a couple of ideas, but this is the only one that really grabbed me. I'll give a full backstory later, if there's interest. Hope you like it.

It's a great design, it's just nothing like a Pokemon. It feels like this would be a Batman or Spiderman villain facing off with Raichu and Dusknoir. My advice is to keep the idea, it's great, but bring the artwork into line with Pokemon.

Can't wait to hear the backstory!

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So here's my idea:

Obviously he's supposed to look like a scarecrow. At first, I was going to give him legs (typical raggedy scarecrow-looking ones), but then it reminded me too much of Blaziken (because it had hay sticking out at its pant leg openings, which looked like the bottoms of Blaziken's legs). So I went for a typical ghost-like legless "puff." The problem is now I don't know if he looks too much like Duskull... >.>

His head is supposed to look like a skull (white with black eye sockets and glowy eyeballs), and his torso is composed of hay (bound together by ropes). I'm not too sure about what his hands look like yet, but I kind of imagine them as being wooden-like, kind of like the faun from Pan's Labyrinth or the Keeper of the Grove (from Warcraft III).

He fights mainly with his claws and punching moves, but I can also picture him charging up a shadow ball attack pretty well. (I guess that puts his attack and special attack stat at about equal, with the former being a bit higher.) For his bio, I was thinking about something along the lines of how it protects farmers' crops from flocks of Murkrows (as illustrated above). He loves his corn, lol. Basically he's one of those Pokemon that look creepy but is really just misunderstood.
this is my second favorite after the banette evo thing, its original and quite pokemony.

also the banette evo's name does not have to end with "ette" it needs to end in "et" read shuppet it does not end in "ette".

The only difference between 'et' and 'ette' is pronunciation. 'Et' is not stressed (PUP-et, SHUP-et) but 'ette' is (ma-ri-on-ETTE, ban-ETTE).

But since this is obviously a marionette, 'ette' (or 'etta') would be the better choice of the two, though 'cino' (from fantoccino) works too.

More name ideas: Mortetta, Vengetta, Fantette, Vindeca

Ok, so mine looks too cute/lacking in power compared to the other ones.

... and it does look like Black Mage, doesn't it? XD

To be honest, I was actually going to make it look "scarier," but then it looked a bit too much like a Digimon. I'll do another drawing of it (with legs for kicking!) sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)