Walrus Myzozoa's Walrus Redux: Humbug Ball (Won by Shubaka)

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
and then
tcr

Just like heaven- the cure

i still dont like the cure, the singing is not my thing, neither is the instrumental lines which are just a bit too boring after the bass at the very start. 6.9/10, beginning and ending are the only really good parts for me.

Myzozoa

and then a tie on 7/10:

Martin

Kikuo-maigo no haien

Short and sweet creepy music box. 7/10

and

Asek

Death grips- blood bubbles buried in the jungle

Pretty fierce intro, but chaotic once it gets going. Just not gripping enough for me to want to listen to again, 7/10

Myzozoa

and then

aladyyn

Helstar-harker’s tale

Weird metal arpeggios for an intro that is at least engaging, the 32nd note (?) drum rolls is just obnoxious and ‘obnoxious’ could sum up this song after the intro. It finishes on a very good guitar solo. 7.1/10

Myzozoa

next

Soul fly

Alt j delta- fitzpleasure

Weird intro, the song that comes after is p interesting, but i cant get into the singing. Instrumentals are much better. Wouldn’t listen to it again. 7.2/10

Myzozoa

and another tie

this time on 7.3

first

knightsofcydonia

Lucifer And Luminitsa by Circus Contraption

Really strong instrumentation on this track, but not that into the singing and I’m not that into the style personally particularly the vocalist. 7.3

Christian death- romeo’s distress

I like the beginning, reminds me of the smashing pumpkins. Seems like a straight forward punk track, like something from frank black complete with whiny boy singing. It’s not that exciting, more interesting, but then there isn’t a lot of subtext. 7.3/10 pixies knock off imo, but i wouldn’t listen to it again.

Myzozoa

and then in 9th

lectrys

Theme from Psycho - Shower Scene Cut

Not much to say, it’s short and creepy, no real ending, I dont approve. 7.4/10

Myzozoa

and the a tie

for 7.5

first

Walrein

The Dreadnoughts - The Cruel Wars
Interesting acapella intro, stays with just the choir the whole way. It’s a good track, but the ending is really meh making it hard to score. 7.5/10
and also

eren

Bauhaus- bela lugosi’s dead

Not really that interesting of an intro, it kind of goes on. The instrumentation is pretty cool. Vocal style reminds me of the velvet underground. I’m not that into the vocals, but I love the guitars and percussion. A very hit or miss track, it comes together sometimes, but not the whole way through. About 6 minutes in it gets a lot better as the singer is less exposed. Ending leaves the vocalist exposed again and doesn’t go anywhere. 7.5/10

Myzozoa

and another tie after that

on 7.6

Robert alfons

Stagger lee-nick cave

Im familiar with this song, it kind of goes on and on. super cool intro, but the song loses my attention at times. 7.6/10

and

Rodan

Bauhaus-in the flat field

The 2nd bauhaus submitted, they have the same problem which is that the vocalist is really bad and exposed. The guitar texturing is really well done though. 7.6

Myzozoa

and then

Llamas

I miss you-blink182

Really bad but really good, lol. I like the themes, but not sure how it fits the cat. 7.8/10 I was surprised i liked a blink182 song.

Myzozoa

next

in 3rd

Shubaka

"I Don't Know You" The Marias

Probably the combination of instrumentals. lyrics, and vocals i most enjoyed so far in grading this cat. The bass and guitar are quietly funky and the vocals are detached amusement. 7.9/10, intro v strong, ending not as much.

Myzozoa

in 2nd

Dle

Garbage- i think im paranoid

The intro isn’t that exciting, but it’s a lot smoother after that. I like this for the category, the aesthetic of the lyrics and the ending are v fitting of rom goth, especially the instrumentation on the ending 8/10.

Myzozoa

and 1st

Mynameisnothing

Zolo jesus-exhumed

Engaging intro. I enjoyed this string and choir track, but i liked the background vocals and strongs much more than the main singer… the ending is a bit out of nowhere. I would listen to this again. 8.1/10

Myzozoa

and in last

rodan
Rodan
Danny brown-aint it funny
Funky grind on this rap track and i can barely catch the lyrics and the background dissonance. Punctuated by a weird ass video. 1.1/10 less blood in videos u send to me, ty.

Myzozoa

and in 2nd to last
Asek

The cure-disintegration

Haha the title is a pun… please stop sending me The Cure people. After this round it will all officially be capped at 4/10. This one sounds like all the other cure songs, 6-.1 for every minute u sent= 5.2/10 does this dude really sing or is he pretending to sing and does it matter?

Myzozoa

next

Aladyyn

Warning-footprints

Intro indicates a metal track and joy, it’s 8 minutes long. Good guitar texturing on the opening, but it’s not going anywhere too quickly. When it does get moving we get a singer that the nicest thing I can say is that he could be so much more obnoxious given the lyrics hes been given to work with. Guitar texturing becomes w.e when the vocals take over. It’s a slow plodding metal grind to the end for me looking from 4 minutes in. Thats about when the vocals leave the space for the guitars to come back, their texturing is decent but not quite as good as when they set the funeral tone in the intro. Dramatic lyrics to finish out the track aren’t doing anything for m. so the music is like a 7.5 lyrics get -1 and the outro was just like who even cares so thats another -1=5.5

Myzozoa

next
Llamas

Broods- mother and father

Pretty repetitive, intro reminds me of Sprawl II, but I don’t really like the lyrics, repetitive platitudes turn the whole thing kind of boring and kill my interest. 6.1/10, there is an outline of a good song here that just doesn’t have anything interesting about it other than the outro.

Myzozoa

Texas

Tori amos-winter

The sound is really strong, great composition, but the stylistic touches and lyrics don’t really come together or are maybe just not my thing. I think the ending is really nice, but it cuts down all of a sudden, like just within 4 seconds, bam, it’s over after 5:47 seconds of track the ending is out of nowhere. 7/10

Myzozoa

and then

Pdc
rhp-24
Boring harpsichord opener is super slow and then a man singing who just shouldn’t be imo. Song about aging. angsty affect imo. It comes together around 3 mins I guess, and shapes up into a song. Im not a huge fan of the trippy instrumentation and aesthetics, not my fav but good effort. 7.6

Myzozoa

ok in the huge tie on 7.7, tcr is the first to go

Tcr

Maggot brain-funkadelic

Strong intro. Super chill song mostly sticks to being a long guitar solo. 7.7/10

then dle

DLE

Rosalia-Catalina

Not a huge fan of the way the guitar is styled at the very beginning, but after that is fine. 7.7/10

Last edited:

Myzozoa

then
Lectrys

Drei Romanzen (Op. 28, No. 1)- Robert Schumann

Right hand much happier than the left I suppose, what is it they say, ‘carry my pain on the left carry my joy on the right.’ I am annoyed by the formulaic ending, but there is some interesting emotional narrative carried through the piece. 7.7/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)