Walrus Myzozoa's Walrus Redux: Humbug Ball (Won by Shubaka)

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
cat 8 here we go, your headers were nas ft lauryn hill- if i ruled the world and lauryn hill- get out

in last

soul fly

Sufjan stevens

As in should have known better than to submit sufjan stevens. Is there anything on this track? You can resubmit 4/10

Myzozoa

and then knights

knights
Do Better by Say Anything

Gross singing, almost ruins everything. Not into the lyrics either, which seem to be about shaming ppl into being better or something, i wouldn’t know anything about that technique... The guitar is strong when it arrives, but really the track is super repetitive if listenable. 6/10

Myzozoa

and next

Walrein

Blur-for tomorrow

A bunch of interesting ideas to start this track, but if we’re honest it doesn’t really come together for a while and the singing is only ok and the chorus is really meh.7/10

Myzozoa

and then

Aladyyn

No doubt-new

Fuzzy intro, with some good-bad singing. But the backing is just so meh, for me, very overproduced, but there still isn’t enough. And then whats up with the singing? What are they filtering her voice through? She didnt just smoke a ton of cigs, the vocal track feels separate from the rest like it wasnt recorded all together. Bleh. 7.5/10 now i have to listen to ‘it’s my life’ like 2 or 3 times and im not even mad

Myzozoa

and then
Alfons

Coltrane-resolution

Upright bass I’d reckon even if I wasn’t 100% sure, it’s practically gone afterwards with the turns left to the piano mainly. 7.7/10 just not gripping me enough.

Myzozoa

then in 8th Shubaka

My Dead Gay Son - Heathers: The Musical +LYRICS

From a musical, idk how i feel about the lyrics. Now that the gays are dead we’ve learned how to love them i guess. And then it’s like ‘no they weren’t dirty or perverse’ as though that would justify the discrimination that probs killed them. Lol. shub on that dark irony train, 7.8/10.

Myzozoa

Dle

Nina simone- dont let me be misunderstood

The guitars and strings are so strong in the composition, but not a huge fan of her intonation. The lyrics are good except the chorus. 7.9/10

Myzozoa

and then a tie for 5th

snype
Pokemon theme song
-8/10 capped

and

Lectrys

Clip joint calamity-cuphead ost

Intro on sax choir is really difficult for me, but the piano is amazing. Great composition and ending, but not sure how it fits the cat beyond personally to lectrys. 8/10

Myzozoa

and then a tie for 2nd

Eren

Lily allen-fuck you

Love the lyrics, but it’s a bit overdone. 8.6

Tejas

Goodbye to love-the carpenters

Great find, the intro verse is amazing, but there is a lot of sap going into the end. 8.6/10, that intro.

Myzozoa

first

Mynameisnothing

Grizzlybear-two weeks

That intro, amazing beat, taken from jay-z’s hard knock life. Harmonies trying to be the beach boys, but not my thing really. An amazing composition somewhere the jay-z beat drops out, but it comes back for the end. try to take a vacation this year if you can kiddos. 9/10

Myzozoa

scores at the end of flight b assuming i added correctly
1st-eren
2nd shubaka
3rd pdc
4th alfons
5th mynameisnothing
6th tejas
7th dle and knights
8th walrein
9th snype
10th lectrys
11th aladyyn
12th soul fly

Myzozoa

Ok and an anouncement:

since we skipped a cat because it was too dumb, I'm announcing a new bonus cat worth up to 3 pts called 'im an emo rapper':

Bonus Cat
"~I'm an Emo Rapper~"- see the examples, send me an emo hiphop song.
examples:
Logic - 1-800-273-8255 ft. Alessia Cara & Khalid-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycUHgg0zzU

Myzozoa

i know it's been a year, and not just to steal ampharos' thunder, i will start revealing cat c today, all scores will be worth double

Myzozoa

and in last

Snype

B*Witched - C'est la vie
Lol really intense eyes on this bunch. 0/10+1 for the end and it being short=1/10. i have to find reasons to give this points.

Myzozoa

next

Lectrys

Celine dion -thats the way it is

Worse singer than me sorry, 2/10. Not gonna comment on clothing in the video.

Myzozoa

next
Knights

Katy perry-et

Chorus is fine for pops, and a strong enough beat. I hate the sound effects and a lot of the sections where the singer is less supported by backgrounds. It’s a little repetitive and boring, and very whiny. 4/10

Myzozoa

next a tie on 7

first

Pdc

Prince-when doves cry

Im not that familiar with prince. It’s pretty sparse and gritty for a pop, weirdly muted and underproduced. It’s weak until the end for me, but finishes very strong. 7/10

and also on 7 pts
texas
Intro on a vocal solo, it’s a really slow ballad. And repetitive. The saxophone solo is welcome when it comes, as a break from singing which i dont find melodically interesting at all. 7. Im nice and not deducting for the slide rise onto the final notes which is a huge fuck up for any singer on any note and on the last notes too.

Myzozoa

next

Soul fly

Daft punk-instant crush

Super muted, decent melodics, but wheres the track? Autotuning youre voice to make it more whiny is rly something we don’t see too often I suppose. We get a weird 8-bit sounding guitar solo eventually. Super weird aesthetics and intonation on this track. 7.4/10.

this is probably gonan be re rated lower w texas' whitney houston sub going up or something

Myzozoa

next
Mynameisnothing

Year of the cat-al stewart

The guitar and backings are very strong and the piano intro is super chill. Melodics get repetitive for me right away. But there is new instrumentation keeps it interesting. Saxophone does a lot of work here, and doubles for a flute in parts, really great tone production, but melodically sometimes very weak. 7.5/10

Myzozoa

next Aladyyn

Cryptonite-3 doors down

I’m familiar with this one. This is actually fine for this cat, a late submit that is more of the pace of this cat that I would hope than other submits. Still repetitive, but very listenable. Guitars are okay, not the most interesting ever, and eventually even the singer seems to get tired of singing the repetitive line. The composition is good, and the guitar lines work. Refreshingly unpretentious. 7.7/10

and then

Ampharos

Portugal.the man- feel it still

Another portugal. The man. The lyrics are interesting, but not super amazing to me, there is some interesting word play, and some brass choir interludes keep it interesting. The backing beat is pretty sparse for me, but thankfully brass choir returns to help it finish out very strong. 8.2/10.

Myzozoa

in 1st

three way tie

dle
cranberries-linger

alfons
toxic-britney spears

and shubaka

girls just want to have fun-cyndi lauper

all 10 pts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)