CAP 7 CAP 7 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
My favorites so far are DJD's, EoE's, and mine, of course.

Cyzir looks Ice type, maybe that "swords-stuff" has to change forms.
Mmmmh.
Ixfalia doesn't have Scout-flavor for me. It's a cool design, but, with the large shield looks too defensive.

Other than mine, I like Skyshroud's and Cyzir's. The banshee looks amazing and like an actual pokemon compared to the others. Skyshroud's is also pretty neat, but needs some sort of aura to appear ghostly, but otherwise it looks very cool.

Ixfalia doesn't have Scout-flavor for me. It's a cool design, but, with the large shield looks too defensive.
It may be me just reading too far in to it, but I disagree a bit. It's not using that large shield to defend itself and be a bulky warrior sort, but rather it's hiding behind it, being shy and cautious. It's that cautiousness that I see as being good flavor for a scout. Meanwhile, a lot of other people (yourself included, in my opinion) have the opposite problem from what you described - the designs are good, but they're very menacing or threatening or just look ready to fight. That doesn't seem to fit 'scout' from my perspective.

Meanwhile, a lot of other people (yourself included, in my opinion) have the opposite problem from what you described - the designs are good, but they're very menacing or threatening or just look ready to fight. That doesn't seem to fit 'scout' from my perspective.
I completely disagree with you on that part. A lot of people's design's look battle-ready and look like a scout. Like Doug's, or even mine.:naughty:

I completely disagree with you on that part. A lot of people's design's look battle-ready and look like a scout. Like Doug's, or even mine.:naughty:
Doug's I will admit fits the theme, but it also just doesn't look like a pokemon. I could never support it. Your design is pretty sweet, though, Elegy. I don't like it as much as Ixfalia's, but I would still support it over pretty much every other design here.

Man, I really don't know which to vote for. This CAP is gonna be a really toughie for me. :( Cyzir's, Calad's, & EoE's are my favs so far.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Cyzir, that is one of my favorites ever.

If you don't submit that version, you and I ain't friends anymore. >:)

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Art thread closing tomorrow. Buck up if you haven't finished yet.

ixfalia's, Calad's, and Doug's have particularly caught my attention, if anybody's wondering.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Yeah the aura makes it look weird :/

But if you really want the aura, making it a little bit thinier may make it look better.

Wow, Atyroki, that looks really great! However, it kinda looks more Normal typing to me than steel. Cool poke though

I'm just gonna bring up LUCARIO DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A STEEL TYPE EITHER, I MEAN, HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE DRILLS, THOSE SPIKES ARE A PUSSY EXCUSE FOR WANTING TO BE STEEL again, and hope that whole "Looks like a normal type" thing goes away

Absolutely incredible. Everyone's artwork in this thread just blows me away. Congratulations to you all and good luck in the polls!

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission:

Supporting Material:

Backstory:

*Note: I will fill these areas in hopefully before the deadline -_- This post is just in case I am unable to add any supporting material in time

Final Submission

Well here it is, I worked hard and cleaned up much of my picture and did some minor restructuring.

Here's some details about the ShieldMask Pokemon:

Without it's mask this Pokemon is extremely shy and has no confidence of its own, preferring to not be seen at all. The mask that this Pokemon holds appears to have a personality of its own, and compels the Pokemon to perform mischief under its guise, running about stealing objects and possessions, as well as attempting to scare anything it can find. The mask and the Pokemon can be separated but the Pokemon cannot sustain itself without it (it's too paranoid to find food). The mask also allows this Pokemon to seem more bulky than it is, yet provides a decent enough protection that it may fend for itself. Many are also surprised at its speed and thirst for mischief. As long as its targets do not see the real Pokemon behind the mask, this Pokemon is filled with confidence in its deception. Often, this Pokemon will use the mask as a decoy so that it can quickly stretch around and steal from its opponent. It is this amorphousness that allows it to fit its face into the mask and look believable. Many believe that the Pokemon does not require its mask as the mask simply enables it to use the strength it always had.

--------
I know the back story stuff I made isn't that great, there are so much better out there, but I wanted to try.

So now I leave it up to the people of the forum ^^, I must admit that this entire process has been enjoyable, and I'm very likely to do some more art for CAP in the future. There are such good talents and creative minds around the art for CAP that it humbles me that I can be a part of it!

Oh I almost forgot here's a list of my supporting art, I'll edit my post if I add more (I know it's not really that good, but I had fun):

Here's the pic of it showing off its stretchiness, to pull a scary (but silly) face.
Scary Face

This is it using Shadow Claw confidently on a Salamence:
Shadow Claw

Here's a new one of it using its stretchy arms to Shadow Sneak:
Shadow Sneak

I love the ShieldMask one quite a lot, but also the Banshee. And that jack-in-the-box snake-thing with Sneasel that was posted a while back... Where is that... The Jester on page 12! That's it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)