CAP 7 CAP 7 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, this is my first time posting for CAP Art stuff, this is my WIP for the Ghost-Steel type.

I wanted to create a "Shy" ghost that hid in or behind armor, I chose a shield. I'm thinking that it's arms can stretch too. It gets freaked out by being seen, but when it's behind the mask, the mask's eyes look threatening, kind of a concept of false bravado. I'm thinking that it can also move the "mouth" and the eyebrows from behind the mask.

Feedback would be very welcome!
This entry is really nice and for some reason does seem like a scout to me. I like the fact that it has to peak around the shield mask or chose one eye hole.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I finally have multiple colored versions of all of my current designs. I REALLY need help and opinions on this one. Since there's so many images to post, I will post links to each of the design's color variations (Except for a new concept I came up with >_>).

*Please excuse the quality of the coloring, this is only to get an idea of what colors to go with on each of the final drafts*

Banshee:
Tan and multiple grays
Gothic theme with gold
Pale green
Purple with lighter hair and green eyes
The banshee is the one that needs the most help. I went too wild with the colors and couldn't decide which was most decent. I personally like the Gothic one.

Sword:
Purple with orange eyes
Dark gray with red eyes
Bronze sword
Rusty sword
This one wasn't so bad, but again I couldn't settle on a nice color scheme. I kinda like the purple one most, but that may be because I like the color >_>

Top:
Light green with a gray ring
Light blue with a dark gray ring
Lavender with a maroon ring
Gold with a dark silver ring
This one was actually pretty easy to color, to be honest. Still, I wasn't completely satisfied with any of the end results, though I kinda liked the gold one.

New Concept - Sawmon:

I originally didn't want to do this one, but a few people on irc conviced me to create one more design, based on saws. It was pretty fruitless at first, but eventually I came up with a design that didn't look half bad. Basically, this is a a rock star ghost with a mic for a tail and sawblades all around itself. The sawmon's eyes are actually the blue circles rather than the yellow ones. They are also designed to resemble glasses. Because it has small eyes, its sight is limited. However, the two sawblades it holds have additional eyes it uses, and it can direct the two blades however it wants, wherever it wants them to go. The sawblades also can also amplify whatever sound it makes into the mic on its tail.

I also have a version with its mohawk colored with the metal's colors rather than the dark aqua color currently being shown. I kinda liked the former, though I don't have any strong feelings either way.

So once again, any and all comments and suggestions are welcome.
EDIT: Haha, what timing Yllnath.

Lol, see my post of 7 seconds earlier >.<

Edit: Your banshee is still best to me, but I don't really like any of the coloring. the grey one is pretty nice and the gothic one is decent, but the others are a bit meh. Could you consider doing something red/purplish/black?
The banshee made me think of a certain monster in a game I played and although this suggestion is highly biased, but how about more or less something like the color scheme in this picture?
http://image.netgame.com/hero/upload/scshot/1225022157_1232837011.jpg

Also, I don't really see what the thing is on it's face, is it it's mouth? (with Jynx kind of lips)

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
Your banshee is still best to me, but I don't really like any of the coloring. the grey one is pretty nice and the gothic one is decent, but the others are a bit meh. Could you consider doing something red/purplish/black?
The banshee made me think of a certain monster in a game I played and although this suggestion is highly biased, but how about more or less something like the color scheme in this picture?
http://image.netgame.com/hero/upload/scshot/1225022157_1232837011.jpg

Also, I don't really see what the thing is on it's face, is it it's mouth? (with Jynx kind of lips)
Heh, thanks for the suggestion. As I've said many times before in past CaPs, I am really bad at choosing colors. So I'll take any advice related to colors that I can. As for the mouth issue...

Basically, the "lips" are its fake mouth, to make it look more human-like to unwary travelers.

Ok, so I went back and followed the suggestions about changing some of the cords to chains. This is what I came up with:

What do you guys think about an aura? Should it go all the way around, just around the main head area, or somewhere else? I'll also take color suggestions too, although I'm probably just going to keep trying colors until I find one I like.

Cyzir, I say go with the pale green Banshee, its definitely the best out of the 13 images in that post.

A new design I made, the gloves and the aura need work but I'm quite happy how this turned out. I also have another quickly made pose which I'll post later on after I have coloured it.
Edit: Oh, and if someone has any suggestions about the colours, they would be appreciated.

Estranged, that's a pretty cool design!
I think the colors are fine, but if you don't like them, you could try green instead of blue or something.

Cyzir, I like the tan with multiple grays on the banshee, the first two colors on the sword are nice (they look more ghosty), and I actually like the lavender top. Your new design is cool, but I'm just not feeling it...
Your banshee design is still my favorite of all your designs.

Out of all your current design Cyzir, I have to say that your banshee design appeal to me more. As for color, it's really a hard choice for me. I really like the Gothic coloring, but the Tan & Grey coloring does have this uniqueness effect on it. The other two coloring seem a tad lackluster in my point of view. I would go with the Tan & Grey coloring for your normal picture myself.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Final Submission

Main Design

Supporting Material

(click thumbnails for the full sketches)

Fable of the Steel Ghost: A Bedtime Story for Young Trainers

On the server, Mag called my design "Skelebot" (Skeleton + Robot), and I've started using that nickname myself. I think this design fits the typing well, and it seems to go with the build, stats, and even the abilities that have been chosen since I posted my initial sketches. As I've played with the design, I've come up with several supporting sketches and even a background fairy tale. Check out my other posts in this thread for more info and detail on the design and supporting material.

This has been a fun art project for me, regardless of the outcome of the upcoming polls. Based on some of the fabulous works posted by other artists, I think we are sure to get a great design for CAP 7. I appreciate all the positive feedback I've received so far, and I look forward to seeing which design is chosen.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
I have to say Doug, the bedtime story that is included in your supporting material is really a nice touch as it helps establish some context for your design, which is itself very polished.

However, Caladbolg's design is currently my favorite as far as the "cool" factor goes. To put it simply, I think the "Ghost Knight" is a perfect fit for the concept.

Ah, well. As far as I may have gotten with my design, Caladbolg's or Doug's will probably be victorious. When will the first poll take place?

Hi guys, this is my first time posting for CAP Art stuff, this is my WIP for the Ghost-Steel type.
I really, really like this. It just seems so very Pokemon-y. I can just imagine running into it in Victory Road or something. I'm not sure if it'll win out over the others, which are also very good, but there's something about this that really works in the way that the others don't.

Elegy, yours was incredible and imo will probably be in the final votes if not the winner. In fact the only reason i did not support you before was because i was trying to pull for Wyvir who seems to have given up. Don't you give up too.

Doug's is just amazing. Due to this, I just don't want to even try and make my own design. I might just try and create a shitty sprite, however, when that stage comes up.

As always, fantastic art concepts.

Before I make this pretty or anything, does anyone like this idea?
It's your standard possessed armor, pretty much. I've been hearing that this CAP wants to use shadow claw, so I gave it katars to use slashing moves with. Maybe it can possess various weapons of its choice. I tried to make this different from other posessed armors by putting more emphasis on the ghost part than the armor part. The ghost's core is still visible even.

My only problem is that it may not be consistent with what Pokemon look like so far, so I may have to come up with something different.

...I know that mine is good. I also know that this first vote won't be easy at all, considering the teeming masses of bodaciousness in this thread. I only wanted to know when the thread closes and we can start voting. I'm very anxious!

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
Okay, here's one last color scheme for the banshee. Once I get opinions on which color scheme is fine, I'll start work on finalized versions of all my designs.

Also, if you think certain colors should replace certain other colors, feel free to suggest them.

Wow Cyzir, that looks really great! Though, I can't really feel the "steelness" of it. The gray things (which I'm assuming is the steel part) looks more like flowers. I kinda feel like that poke is more ghost/grass. I really like the zipper and the breast plate part, but I think it needs a bit more steel. Maybe make the fingers & gown look less wavy? Overall, it looks really cool.

doug, i love the action poses, but i can't shake the feeling that in the left one the skelebot is break-dancing.
but honestly, awesome work.

I'd like to inform Blazebat and anybody else who may think the same that I put up my final submission ages ago and it should be going through to the first polls. I have not given up. I've just finished.

Speaking of submissions I totally forgot Cyzir's banshee when it was posted earlier with his other concepts. I actually really like the fake mouth idea and it's well done so i'll be rooting for the banshee Cyzir's design to be taken through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)