CAP 7 CAP 7 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's a bit sudden, but now's the time to get your final submissions in for the art poll. Mark 'em clearly as your final art submission.

Well, here's a fixed up version of my Final Submission (all I fixed was the outline):

The thing on the elbow can be either blade or drill, doesn't matter to me. The support drawing shows it as a blade though. Theres also a little gadget strapped to the wrist that can function as alot of things.

Here's some Support Material, showing a possible shiny coloration. It also shows something like smokescreen and flamethrower from the device on the wrist, and a profile of the head.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
New Supporting Material:

Tyranitar use Crunch!
Knightmon protected itself!
Tyranitar use Crunch!
Knightmon protected Itself!
*It's a CB Tyranitar*

This or my others? @_@

(Plus let me do this, shush)
If this evolved, it could probably be kickass.

Caladbolg~, I really think that the cape pretty much has to be red, and that red hair with a pink aura (from the Gold version) would probably work best with that.

Cyzir's and Elegy of Emptiness's both blow me away. You guys all rock.

Cyzir, love the color scheme, absolutely awesome. I agree on the steel part, give the breastplate a bit more steelish look would be great.

Haven't seen Elegy of Emptiness' design around much recently. I hope the fact that it hasn't seen recent updates doesn't make people forget about it. IMO it's the scoutiest design, and it's certainly more original than the multitude of "possessed man-made object" designs (although some of those are really cool). Also, and this is pure opinion, I like pokemon to seem 'creaturey', and a more or less human-shaped ghost seems like, well, the ghost of a human.

P.S. I totally just figured something out. The early stages of EoE's design are what a fox would look like in the twilight realm of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Not enough to be a rip, and I'm definitely not implying that, but it was nagging at me, and I just figured it out.

Got some new supporting pics, my final submission should be soon!

Here's a shot of it stretching its face to fit the mask's mouth.

Here's a shot of it shadow clawing the designated butt monkey, Salamence.

Oh and if anyone has any suggestions they'd better make them soon, the art thread's closing up ^^.

Got some new supporting pics, my final submission should be soon!

Here's a shot of it stretching its face to fit the mask's mouth.
<awesome picture>

Here's a shot of it shadow clawing the designated butt monkey, Salamence.
<awesome picture>

Oh and, if anyone has any suggestions they'd better make them soon, the art threads closing up ^^.
Oh wow. I think you just won my vote. I'm a bit split on how the mask changes expressions, though. I'm more a fan of it being in a constant sort of vaguely menacing asymmetry, like in the initial concept pic and the first pic here. When it's focusing and scowling, like in the second pic here, that's just weird and disconcerting. It's not a bad thing, but I'm not sure it's a good thing.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Here's the final version of the banshee. I decided to switch and darken the colors of the bands and hair/head, and gave the sleeves long hook blades. I also made the sleeves and gown ends sharper and more blade-ier. I will try to get my other designs finalized, but it seems there's no time to decide which to submit with a poll... So unless Mag is willing to extend the deadline for final submissions a little more, I will consider this my chosen design.

Sorry Wyver, the post after the one titled final threw me off, your is incredible and i know it is not worth much but i highly endorse it for you and everyone who is not decided on their vote.

Cyzir, I really love this one, and if you were to vote which design you should submit, I would vote for this one. Not only that, but this submission has my vote whatever happens. It's awesome.

Haven't seen Elegy of Emptiness' design around much recently. I hope the fact that it hasn't seen recent updates doesn't make people forget about it. IMO it's the scoutiest design, and it's certainly more original than the multitude of "possessed man-made object" designs (although some of those are really cool). Also, and this is pure opinion, I like pokemon to seem 'creaturey', and a more or less human-shaped ghost seems like, well, the ghost of a human.

P.S. I totally just figured something out. The early stages of EoE's design are what a fox would look like in the twilight realm of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Not enough to be a rip, and I'm definitely not implying that, but it was nagging at me, and I just figured it out.
Um, I....Kind of already made my final, that's why I'm not really posting anything new....it's on page 14 if you're wondering.
Thank you for the compliments, though.

Here's the final version of the banshee. I decided to switch and darken the colors of the bands and hair/head, and gave the sleeves long hook blades. I also made the sleeves and gown ends sharper and more blade-ier. I will try to get my other designs finalized, but it seems there's no time to decide which to submit with a poll... So unless Mag is willing to extend the deadline for final submissions a little more, I will consider this my chosen design.
This is my new favorite

Cyzir I must really say that your coloring is looking awesome. The steel parts are very noticeable now, which is very good because you can now really see the dual typing. I wish you had more time to work because I know you could flesh it out more.
**Criticism**
Rating: 9/10
I thought that making the head/hair and bands darker was a good color scheme choice to make, as well as the hooks were a great design choice. The overall design I would say is amazing.

To get a 10 from me I really think that if you do find time, you should tweak around with the color of the dress a bit, to me, the red is so close to being a good color, but for some reason I can't say its a perfect color, I can't see it on a ghost Pokemon of that kind of 'scariness'. I think the saturation and "shade" (the darkness of the color) of the color is good, but I think you should play around with the hue(the actual color of choice).
**/Criticism**

Good luck! I'm sorry for the late criticism.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cyzir's design is seriously amazing, I can actually see it being a Pokemon (it can be Dusknoir's gf :D). It's by far my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)