CAP 5 CAP 5 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, just so it can effectively be seen.

Elevator Music:

----------------------------------------------

You can call me x:

--------------------------------------------

Atyroki
:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Wyverri
:

-----------------------------------------------

DarthVader317
:

--------------------------------------------------------

Dragonzrule
:

-----------------------------------------------

Kamen Rider
:

------------------------------------------

IceBug
:

----------------------------------------------------------

Chaosscripler
:

-----------------------------------------

Nasty Pass
:

----------------------------------------

Flygon493
:

------------------------------------------------------------

Kharos
:

----------------------------------------------

41 Victory
:

TiMb
:

HeadPunch
:

Hypnotist
:

-------------------------------------------
Raversit:

---------------------------------------------

Supa Sprita
:

Edited: Deleted Paradolx... Sorry If I didn't add them all I was in a rush.
darkiedit: deleted lolmudkipz
Edit2: Added IceBug's Front n Back

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Exclamation point you haven't added Atyroki's latest one.

There are easily 8-9 very usable sprites in here. My personal favourites are Vader's and Atyroki's, although I'm beginning to warm up to Dragonsrulez's sprite.

Paraodxymoron's appears to be a copy of Atyroki's to be honest.

EDIT: Yeah, I meant Wyveril's, sorry.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
For some reason, I really like one of Wyverii's older ones:

I don't know. It just looks more like an attacking pokemon. I think this one could turn out really well with just a few changes, unless your done and settled with your more recent of course.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I"m split between Atyroki's and Wyverri's myself. No surprise as they were always the top contenders in the sprite polls.

HOW I MISS IT!

Really, don't encourage me to do a backsprite. I don't have time and I don't want to.

*is still way too happy that some people actually LIKE mine*

**but doesn't want to be happy**

Wyverii still my favorite sprite, Atyroki being second. Almost everyone else seem to be mimicking the drawn photograph's pose to a T. It's not a bad thing but not so creatively.

For those who came up with their own poses, we have:
DarthVader317
Dragonzrule
Flygon493
Wyveri
Hypnotist
TiMB

Among others

Considering the subjectivity of an original pose, now that I think about it, in the end my list may not match someone else's list either...

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To all spriters: Only complete sets of sprites (front and back) will be eligible for the poll.

It's very common for spriters to experiment with the front sprites, and then make back sprites later, if feedback is positive. Sometimes, due to lack of time or interest, spriters will not make a back sprite at all. However, some of you new to the CAP spriting competition may be under the impression that your front sprite is all that is required to make a submission. If that is the case, you need to make a set of back sprites to be eligible for the poll.

Thank you Exclamation Point for posting the complete listing. The only gripe I have is that you didn't get my most recent sprite set up. I currently have a complete sprite set on page 13. If you could update it that would be great, and thanks for the listing.

Well, I kind of modified mine even further. Though I guess I should create a back sprite.

A back sprite just to have something set.

The claws seem a bit off though.

I guess I decided to discard the whole "hand on chin" pose because it made it look too... "cutesy" which isn't what I sought for. Though, I guess this pose is somewhat similar.

I also modified the eyes as I realized they gave off too much emotion. This pokemon isn't really the emotional kind though. Hence why I re-modified the eyes so it seemed less emotional.

Actually, as I make the backsprite, here's a question: Which do you like more?

The new one or this one?

Which eyes do you like more? Which claws? Which pose?

I prefer the second one's upward-pointing claw for the more unique pose.

However, people may find the claws on the first one's sprite to be better drawn; on the other hand, it does not look right on the first sprite for the two bottom claws to be facing each other.

C'mon people, start spriting backsprites, I really want DragonzRule, Atyroki, and TIBM to be eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)