CAP 4 CAP 4 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, seems people are fond of my ideas. Nice.
Page 15, first post.
Same concepts being reposted means we'll get the pools soon, wouldn't you think?

So youre proposing a not as good Mew?
Yes.Anything it could do would be Outclassed by something else, but it Can do so much stuff at a time, That it doesn't Matter.AKA, it has tons of options to toy around with, but few of them can only be done by it.Which means that this Would actually have MORE options then Mew, But must pull only the ones necessary to the team its on.

So, uhm... not to poop on anyone's party, but how exactly are we going to make sure this thing doesn't completely outclass every other Utility Pokémon in existence with its supremely awesome Utility-godlyship?
it wouldn't out class anyone at a particular thing, it would just have more options to choose from. It might not be as good at performing a certain task but the catch would be that the opponent wouldn't know what its gonna do.

It also fills its own niche by dealing with stealth rocks and/or utilizing gravity or trick room like no otha.

It also fills its own niche by dealing with stealth rocks and/or utilizing gravity or trick room like no otha.
I was thinking about this. I arrived at one question: "Why replace all the other spinners when you can create options?"
That's why I suggested the other types of spins. People would have to consider more than just one thing when defending their entry hazards. So, you could choose to use Rev to block the Normal spin, but then you're open to something else, etcetera.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who thought of this or not.
Thoughts?

It is a good idea now that you explain that^^

The only problem is... You're talking about creating a whole new move and I dont know if that is possible for the CAP. Also, It would drastically change the way people create teams.

This would normally be a good thing except that we are not game freak. We wouldn't be able to go through deciding which pokemon would get it and which wouldn't. And it seems kinda silly to give it to only one poke and still make the CAP server account for multiple types of spin.

I guess what im trying to say is that this is good in theory but perhaps not applicable here.

The only problem is... You're talking about creating a whole new move and I dont know if that is possible for the CAP.
They created an entire new ability for Syclant and the weather testing, I think a move is possible.

This would normally be a good thing except that we are not game freak. We wouldn't be able to go through deciding which pokemon would get it and which wouldn't. And it seems kinda silly to give it to only one poke and still make the CAP server account for multiple types of spin.
We just wouldn't give it to any old Pokemon. Simple as that. Can easily use it on later CAP projects.

hmmm... alright
I guess my lack of sweet programming skills made me overestimate this...

So, does this mean you are in favor of multi-type rapid spin Dane?

Concept: Utility-Support Pokemon.
Description: There is a serious lack of Gravity, Rapid Spin, Wish, non Dark weak Trick Room, OU viable Heal Bell / Aromatherapy, Encore, Memento, Non Dark weak Perish Song, Psycho Shift, Safeguard, Magic Coat, Me First, Snatch, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Tailwind and Haze Pokemon in our lovely Metagame. I don't know what type, what stat distribution or even what kind of Pokemon would effectively use all those, but I want to build a utility Pokemon for the useful yet less used utility moves. If I had to narrow the field a bit, I would emphasize Tailwind, Gravity, non Dark weak Trick Room, Rapid Spin, Wish and Encore. The normal utility moves like Reflect and Light Screen go without saying.
how about one of these that also counters garchomp?
lol

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm here to propose a "moderate" Electric / Bug type. This thing would have good HP and Special Attack in particular, but generally can work as both an offensive and defensive Pokémon. Possible access to stuff like Natural Cure and / or Calm Mind. The typing is cool despite Stealth Rock weak, as it nulifies the otherwise-present Ground and Flying weaknesses. Mainly proposing because defensive Electric and Bug types are hard to come by alone and the typing covers itself fairly well.

Oh, sorry, I guess we can't submit concepts based on the most important port of a Pokémon. Alternate typings for this thing could be Electric / Grass..

Au contraire mon frere, an unblockable Rapid Spin would not be broken at all. We are also considering an auto-entry hazard clearing ability, surely that is alot more powerful and many people are saying that would be useful and be needed.

If we're thinking of creating a poke that entirely eclipses the roles of all the current OU rapid spinners, they will be used less or not at all, tough. I don't think we need to worry about Starmie ever being put at the back of the cupboard.

What's more important is the centralising influence that stealth rock currently has on the metagame. Bug, Ice, Fire and Flying types are crying out for an unblockable Rapid Spin or an auto-entry hazard clearing ability.

What would be interesting is a Grass type Stealth Rock. Either that or an Ice type Stealth Rock to nerf Dragons.

I am merely posting my musings because I think the serious concept submission is over and we're all waiting for the concept poll now.

Nah, I'm not a fan at all with this auto-trick room, auto-gravity, and auto-stealth rock remover stuff

To implement them...we need to declare the ability right away, which removes an entire discussion topic / poll, limiting the creative process

What the concept is trying to do is guide the process, not limit it

We can combine the moves into one pokemon, like my utility submission clearly stated, but I am not a fan at all of hindering our creative process

the beauty of CaP is the democratically instigated creativity...let's guide it, not limit it
The pokemon is not limited to just one ability and about auto-gravity/sr removal etc we would still have to determine how we want the trait to work.

And I think removing all types of spikes is broken, it would make something like Roselia largely redundant as well as making pure stall almost impossible and limiting hail.

A rapid spinner that can actually get past Revenankh + Spiritomb reliably would be useful but you've seen how hard it is to counter Rev so it would be pretty restrictive in terms of creativity.

Au contraire mon frere, an unblockable Rapid Spin would not be broken at all.
I think you misunderstood me; when I said it would be "too much" I meant it would be so drastic an improvement from regular spin that the old spin would become completely obselete. Now, whether that is a bad thing or not is debateable, but I personally believe it would be more interesting to have several valid spinners than a single indisputable one. After all, the whole goal of this project is to diversify the metagame, n'est-ce pas?

That's just my opinion, though.

Also, agreed that the submission portion of this is pretty much over.

it wouldn't out class anyone at a particular thing, it would just have more options to choose from. It might not be as good at performing a certain task but the catch would be that the opponent wouldn't know what its gonna do.

And it Could Be EV'd to Counter Certain threats.(*Cough*Garchomp*Cough*)

Just a thought.

Also, Any altrernate rapid spin type that doesn't have an Inmunity would be broken.

"weather disruptor"

This sounds pretty funny to toy with as well. Good luck finding a non-broken typing that can switch on all kinds of weather starters and users though.
I thought that was the community's job, finding typing n that?

though I'd suggest maybe normal? and having it learn weather ball......

Well if there's going to be like a different type of Rapid Spin or Stealth Rock, it could work somewhat as Hidden Power. You could be able to choose what type you want but lowers some of your stats for each different one.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm here to propose a "moderate" Electric / Bug type. This thing would have good HP and Special Attack in particular, but generally can work as both an offensive and defensive Pokémon. Possible access to stuff like Natural Cure and / or Calm Mind. The typing is cool despite Stealth Rock weak, as it nulifies the otherwise-present Ground and Flying weaknesses. Mainly proposing because defensive Electric and Bug types are hard to come by alone and the typing covers itself fairly well.

Oh, sorry, I guess we can't submit concepts based on the most important port of a Pokémon. Alternate typings for this thing could be Electric / Grass..
DougJustDoug said:
EDIT 3: In case you don't understand, I'll spell it out -- Do not suggest a specific ability or any typing in a concept submission. If you do so, your submission will be ignored completely.
Just a heads up.

Concept: Air-Lock
Description: Something half-decent (preferably bulky) with Cloud Nine, Air Lock or something similar. It would help against weather teams, as well as making Hippowdon more interchangeable on teams that don't want weather.

Description: Something half-decent (preferably bulky) with Cloud Nine, Air Lock or something similar. It would help against weather teams, as well as making Hippowdon more interchangeable on teams that don't want weather.
I think there's a pokemon called Revenankh. Right?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Poopazing beat me to it. Yeah, Revenankh is a "Half-Decent and Preferably Bulky" pokemon with Air Lock. It just so happens that Shed Skin and Rest is much better than Air Lock and Moonlight on it.

Well if there's going to be like a different type of Rapid Spin or Stealth Rock, it could work somewhat as Hidden Power. You could be able to choose what type you want but lowers some of your stats for each different one.
But, Wouldn't that Be Even more broken, Since you could Then Use Unblockable Rapid Spins and ANY type of elemental Trap?

I mean, aren't 1 or 2 Points lower then average irrelevant most of the time?

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
How would you accomplish that Poopazing, tie it into the Hidden Power IVs? Captain beat you to the elemental Stealth Rock by the way, Crystal Burst is the user's first type, second layer is the second type if applicable. For example, Tentacruel would lay a layer of Water-type Rocks and then a Poison-Type. This has nothing to do with the topic at hand, and I'm rambling. Still, I think that all the good ideas have been posted, edited, reposted, reedited, and regurgitated by users who have no clue what they're talking about and just want a say in the process. But that's my opinion.

EDIT: Also, I've seen an influx of people posting ideas that are direct copies of Pokemon already in existence, telling me that this has completely run its course, and people haven't read up on the previous projects.

Concept: The power of wind

Description: An Ambipom-esque Pokemon that capitalizes on forcing the opponent to switch, through Whirlwind of course, but also through other attacks that force the opponent to switch as a secondary effect.

And yes--I am envisioning a Farfetch'd evolution. Its stats would be like Ambipom's or Zangoose's: frail defenses, decent offenses, decent speed.

tennisace

Concept: The power of wind

Description: An Ambipom-esque Pokemon that capitalizes on forcing the opponent to switch, through Whirlwind of course, but also through other attacks that force the opponent to switch as a secondary effect.

And yes--I am envisioning a Farfetch'd evolution. Its stats would be like Ambipom's or Zangoose's: frail defenses, decent offenses, decent speed.
For the last time, this isn't going to be an evolution. Also, can't you just use Skarmory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)