CAP 4 CAP 4 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page 3's first post expresses the very same idea. Of course, no one'd expect you to go through this whole thread - certain parts are eyesores to be honest.
I just happen to know it does because it's my idea.

I think the Wish/Haze or the Utility poke in other words would be best suited for the metagame because we lack in them. Auto SR remover is pointless since we have Rapid Spin imo. Trick Room/Gravity is also a concept I'm liking so far. Both of those concepts would change the OU metagame by far.

I think the Wish/Haze or the Utility poke in other words would be best suited for the metagame because we lack in them. Auto SR remover is pointless since we have Rapid Spin imo. Trick Room/Gravity is also a concept I'm liking so far. Both of those concepts would change the OU metagame by far.
So you don't think that there is a lack of rapid spin? Seeing how 4 OU/BL pokemon learn, I hardly think its abundant.

Haze/Wish is pretty overrated. Stealth Rock hurts a team, and pokemon viability a lot more than lack of wish or haze. Most OU teams don't use a phazer, so is Haze needed? Wish too isnt as needed to most teams as a rapid spinner.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm going to throw an idea out there. Why not something like Taz the tazmanian devil? Spinner, whirlwind/roar, maybe even wish/haze? How about for the poll we just combine the Utility into one big idea? The pokemon only has 4 moveslots, you can use them for what you need.

I like that idea. We can definitely combine the concepts of the auto SR remover (I'm with SkarmBlissCounter on this one...removing all entry hazards is too good) and utility/support poke.

I don't know if this can be merged in as well, but I think it would work too:

Concept: OU Annoyer
Description: A pokemon with OU level competitiveness that bases its strategy around annoying the opponent into submission through various methods.
What's more annoying than an auto SR remover? ;)

So you don't think that there is a lack of rapid spin? Seeing how 4 OU/BL pokemon learn, I hardly think its abundant.

Haze/Wish is pretty overrated. Stealth Rock hurts a team, and pokemon viability a lot more than lack of wish or haze. Most OU teams don't use a phazer, so is Haze needed? Wish too isnt as needed to most teams as a rapid spinner.
Actually, I don't think there's a lack in Rapid Spin. Tentacruel, Donphan and Forretress do a superb job at Rapid Spinning. There's aboslutley no point in making a pokemon just to remove SR when we already have 3 great Rapid Spin users. On that note, it's just my opinion.

As far as Rapid Spinning goes, it doesn't get used. Not even counting Revenankh, Donphan can't even touch Dusknoir. When you throw Revenankh into the mix, neither Forretress nor Tentacruel can spin.

The reason no one uses phazers is because by the time you get in and get them out, you took a huge chunk of damage. This prevents you from doing it consistantly, and thus it generally isn't worth a slot.

So the only reason for an auto SR remover is because of Rev? We're not supposed to change the metagame because of that pokemon no? And just pack a Rev counter and then Rapid Spin.

I agree with having an auto SR clearer as calling Donphan, Starmie, Forretress, and Tentacruel phenomenal rapid spinners is going a bit overboard. I agree that Rev and Dusknoir make it hard for these pokemon to spin and that it would be beneficial to the metagame to have a pokemon that clears the field.

What kind of annoyance? Doublestatus, Subseed, Hax, Haze?
Yeah, I was thinking of something along those lines, but more as well (as there are very good pokes that do that already). Basically, something that's able to get in and prevent the opponent from doing its job. But, in addition to just the basic annoying strategies, have it be able to effectively use Heart Swap, Embargo, Imprison, Gastro Acid, Taunt, etc.

So the only reason for an auto SR remover is because of Rev? We're not supposed to change the metagame because of that pokemon no? And just pack a Rev counter and then Rapid Spin.
I don't see your point about changing the metagame, because that's precisely what Revenankh has done. And its not as easy as Revenankh counter + rapid spin because I can bet you any amount of money that Revenankh will outsurvive Starmie, Donphan, Tenta and Forry and will come in easily on them all day long. Any time the spinners come out, Revenankh will be there in a flash and block it.

And stealth rock in concept is pretty broken, a ridiculous amount of pokemon learn it that in some cases don't learn regular rock moves and it is hard to remove with all the rapid spinners having major flaws and especially been prone to trapping/pursuit. And it basically ruins the possibility of Articuno and Moltres in OU as well as limiting the likes of Arcanine, Entei, Regice usability.

Then how 'bout we put the Wish/Haze idea and the Auto-Stealth Rock remover together because we need both of them. So overall, it would basically be a Utility pokemon.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nah, I'm not a fan at all with this auto-trick room, auto-gravity, and auto-stealth rock remover stuff

To implement them...we need to declare the ability right away, which removes an entire discussion topic / poll, limiting the creative process

What the concept is trying to do is guide the process, not limit it

We can combine the moves into one pokemon, like my utility submission clearly stated, but I am not a fan at all of hindering our creative process

the beauty of CaP is the democratically instigated creativity...let's guide it, not limit it

Utility is good, we could have its defense rise one stage when it 'absorbs' SR or something. If it's a rock type it will also get a SS boost |D

Yeah, we could do a lot with utility. Let's do it.

I am all for making entry hazards less abundant and powerful (since I like Revenankh's other effects on the metagame), but auto spins are a little too powerful, yeah. I wouldn't mind making a Pokemon that's actually good at Rapid Spinning though.

As a general utility poke seems to be the way things are headed, I think it would be a good idea to have someone with many options. it could be able to utilize moves like wish, haze, rapid spin, and maybe even Trick room and gravity.

A possibility is to incorporate some sort of ability that would take care of one of those moves allowing for even more support options. An example would be auto stealth rock removal. (I know, we arent spose to bring up abilities but that seems the only way to incorporate all the utility wanted)

In my mind the ultimate utility pokemon would be able to come in and the opponent would have no clue what kind of support it was going to offer, because there would be an abundance of options.

So looks like a lot of us want an overall "Utility" poke that can effectively spin even in the presence of ghosts (namely Revvy) and also support the team in a variety of ways.

Perhaps someone should sum up these ideas into a single concept submission?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Lmao. I already made this submission, and Poop even commented on it:

Aldaron said:
Concept: Utility-Support Pokemon.
Description: There is a serious lack of Gravity, Rapid Spin, Wish, non Dark weak Trick Room, OU viable Heal Bell / Aromatherapy, Encore, Memento, Non Dark weak Perish Song, Psycho Shift, Safeguard, Magic Coat, Me First, Snatch, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Tailwind and Haze Pokemon in our lovely Metagame. I don't know what type, what stat distribution or even what kind of Pokemon would effectively use all those, but I want to build a utility Pokemon for the useful yet less used utility moves. If I had to narrow the field a bit, I would emphasize Tailwind, Gravity, non Dark weak Trick Room, Rapid Spin, Wish and Encore. The normal utility moves like Reflect and Light Screen go without saying.

So, uhm... not to poop on anyone's party, but how exactly are we going to make sure this thing doesn't completely outclass every other Utility Pokémon in existence with its supremely awesome Utility-godlyship?

By the way, I saw someone saying they didn't like making the auto-rapid spin into an ability, but we still want this to work on ghosts; so we could possibly make a Ghost-type rapid-spin, or perhaps a Psychic one to give people a reason to use Dusknoir over Rev. I believe it shouldn't be COMPLETELY unblockable, though ( Normal for Ghost spin, Dark for Psychic spin, etc. )

The Jack of all trades

Jack of all trades;Master of None: a pokemon that can perform any task reasonably well, yet excel at none in particular.Should be capable of Spinning,Setting up Barriers(light Screen, Etc),Baton passing,spiking,Tanking, sweeping,Status absorber, Status Platform, gravity/Trick room/Tailwind Setter,wish Supporter, Hazer,Phazer,Heal beller/Aromatherapy user and any task Imaginable.However, it should be restricted into whatever task it was desighned(Typo) for, By its stats.

Out of the Concept:It Could have a stat Distribution Similar to Mesprits, with some tweaking.It wouldn't outclass any of the Current Utility poke's, Because it would be dedicated to one Task at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)