CAP 4 CAP 4 - Attacking Moves Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 105 speed ensures that no Garchomp will ever Swords Dance in Daddy Longleg‘s face for fear of Encore.
^ This. No non-scarf Garchomp would dare switch into this guy in fear of Encore/HP Ice.

Nope. Hp ice does 77.65% - 91.34% WITHOUT Yache. It'll need icy wind (for the second hit) or ice beam. Otherwise that 105 base speed just went to waste.
I think your calculation is a bit off. I got this when I calculate this guy using HP Ice on Garchomp: 59.22% - 70.39% . Did you maxed out it's special attack?

Yes. Max Spatk.... I was using metalkid's calculator though.

And once again, I underestimate Encore. I guess it doesn't need ice beam.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's not a viable option, because what would you use it for, Garchump? Just encore it. Also, how do you justify Icy Wind on a friggen Hand-Spider?

Well Icy Wind 2HKO's chomp, unless it has a Yache, and the speed drop will make sure you go first next turn. Also lowering speed is not very common in OU and I wish it were more common.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well, Icy Wind 2HKO's chomp, unless it has a yache. and the speed drop will make sure you go first next turn, and also, lowering speed is not very common in OU, and I wish it ere more common.
You mean most Garchomps. Meanwhile, It EQ's for the kill.

There's very little rhyme or reason to who gets icy wind to begin with.
Most of the Pokemon who get it are Water/Ice type or have something to do with wind. There are some exceptions, but most exceptions get Ice Beam too. I really don't see the need for it, seeing as you outspeed most of the metagame to begin with, including the Dragons you would use it on.

tennisace

Uh...yes. Not only that but it overkill it. This does leave you wondering "If said Garchomp is aware of DDL presents (via reading these threads or whatnot), then why doesn't he just EQ the bastard without trying to sword dance first?"
It does? I must have messed up the calculations. Nonetheless, Icy Wind is futile.

Most pokemon that get Icy Wind were from ADV move tutors, which this doesn't have the privilages of going to. Besides, why bother with it if you're already faster anyways, since everyone wanted to max out Speed or whatever before.

tennisace

Most pokemon that get Icy Wind were from ADV move tutors, which this doesn't have the privilages of going to. Besides, why bother with it if you're already faster anyways, since everyone wanted to max out Speed or whatever before.
This. Why bother wasting a space that could be used for another move?

It does? I must have messed up the calculations. Nonetheless, Icy Wind is futile.
If you're using the EV spread of 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Special Attack it does.

Jolly Chomp with max attack using EQ on 252 Hp / 0 Def (394/254) spider:
77.66% - 91.37%

Adamant Chomp's EQ vs Spider:
85.28% - 100.51%
Holy Shit, I had the damn crit button on when doing the calcs, stupid stupid stupid. He can survive a EQ from a Chomp though probably not from an Life Orb or Choice Band.

so, our spider has a good chance to survive?
icy wind will assure a next turn outspeed, so icy wind will help our pokemon with chomps just trying to EQ him.

tennisace

Best Case Senario: You come in after Chomp took something out. It hasn't SD'd yet. You 2HKO while taking significant damage.

Worst Case Senario: You mispredict on the switch in and it kills you while taking about half-damage.

Worse-than-worse case senario: You have a heart attack and a stroke while playing, and your house blows up. Garchomp laughs at you.

Edit: Actually, it doesn't prove your point. Its a high-risk/low reward situation.

But then again, you have to assume that it works well on other Dragons. Also, Yanmega's Speed Boost is nullified making it easier to take down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)