CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 9.5 (Main/Secondary Ability Poll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Since it's have been decided that a dedicated Weather Project will be done next time, Greenhouse will be removed from the list and people whom voted for it are allowed to edit their original vote with a new selection. Any and all votes that still have Greenhouse in them will be ignored.

Code:
Type: Fire/Grass
Stat Spread:  120 HP / 70 Atk / 105 Def / 95 SpA / 90 SpD / 60 Speed
BST: 540
Pokemon Appearance: [URL="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/KnightOfLodis/woodman.png"]Woodman+BurnerMan+Lizardman bastard child[/URL]
Alright I have enough abilities to start this poll and finally decide what this creature’s First and Secondary ability. I would like to mention that for abilities like Rock Head or Leaf Guard, they won't have any name changes placed on them just because of stereotypically views. You have to look at things from a different point of view. It's not hard to image certain ability working on it despite their names.

Now then, here's the rules since every poll need some. It's a bold poll response and you cast two votes. These two votes are for Main and Secondary ability. The reasoning behind this is because having one poll for both Main and Secondary abilities is easier than making two polls. This will also allow voter to vote on if it get one ability or two. The ability with the most votes overall will be considered its "Main" ability and second highest vote will be considered its "Secondary" ability. If in the case where it's not clear cut as one like, The ability with the most vote become main and then a spillover poll will be done for the remaining options.

Also did I mention it's a bold poll? Please bold your freaking votes. It's not that hard to click that capital "B" in the submission window and make your words darker. This poll will be open for three days. That's the combined time it would take if Main and Secondary ability were separated polls.

Battle Armor - Pokémon with this ability cannot be hit by critical hits.

Chlorophyll
- Sun doubles the Speed of Pokémon with Chlorophyll. This is not a stat boost. If the sunlight ends or a new weather condition is brought into play, the Pokémon's Speed returns to normal.

Flash Fire - When this Pokémon is hit by a Fire move, it takes no damage, and all Fire moves used by this Pokémon are 50% stronger. Further hits by Fire moves simply do no damage, they do not boost damage further. This power boost is lost upon switching out. Will-O-Wisp also activates Flash Fire. If a Pokemon with Flash Fire is frozen, when it is hit by a Fire move, it will be defrosted and take damage without boosting Flash Fire.

Heatproof - Fire attacks deal 50% less damage against this Pokémon, and Burn does 1/16 max HP per turn, rather than 1/8.

Intimidate - Lowers the enemy's Attack 1 stage on entering the battlefield. Affects both opponents in doubles. Activates even if gained through Trace, Skill Swap, or Role Play. When a Pokémon with this ability is first in the party, wild encounters have a lower chance of occurring.

Leaf Guard - Opponent-induced burn, paralysis, poison, and sleep are blocked while Sunny Day is in effect. This does not prevent those inflicted by the user (such as sleep induced by Rest), and it does not heal status effects that are already present when Sunny Day is used.

Pressure - Moves that affect this Pokémon (including Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock) lose 1 extra PP per turn.

Rock Head - The ability-bearer gets no recoil if it uses a recoil move. This does not block Struggle's recoil, nor does it block the recoil from Life Orb.

Scrappy - This Pokémon is able to hit Ghost-type opponents with Normal and Fighting moves, at normal damage. Other resistances still apply (a Fighting type move would still be not very effective on Gengar due to its Poison typing).

Sniper - When this Pokémon scores a Critical Hit, damage is multiplied by 3 instead of the standard 2.

Solar Power - When Sunny Day is in effect, this Pokémon loses 1/8 HP per turn, but Special Attack is increased by 50%.

I think Battle Armor/ Rock Head fits it best. But if you want to shake up the meta-game go with Greenhouse.

Main Ability: Battle Armor

Secondary Ability: Rock Head

EDIT: Green house removed, going with Battle Armor / Rock Head.

Main Ability: Rock Head

Secondary Ability: Leaf Guard

Rock Head is a great choice to give this Pokemon some physical power, changed secondary vote to Leaf Guard.

Before I vote, I'd like to know something. How are you planning on adding these votes up? For example, let's say something get's the second most votes, but they're in the "Main ability" catagory. The ability with the most votes is also in that catagory. Then, the third highest ranked one has the most votes in the "Secondary ability" catagory.

Which would be the abilities then? First and Second? First and third? If it's first and second, then why not just say "list two abilities" rather than catagorizing them as main or secondary? If it's first and third... there's a whole other set of problems there that should be evident without explaining.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Leaf Guard
Since weather will be done next, I think additional staying power in the Sun could be very useful.

Rock Head
Giving this an option to play physical is really interesting. If teams are expecting a special set with Greenhouse, they could be in for a rude awakening with a viable-but-not-preferable physical set. Just mull the possibilities of a "CBCoil" set....

EDIT: Replace Greenhouse with Leaf Guard.

Before I vote, I'd like to know something. How are you planning on adding these votes up? For example, let's say something get's the second most votes, but they're in the "Main ability" catagory. The ability with the most votes is also in that catagory. Then, the third highest ranked one has the most votes in the "Secondary ability" catagory.

Which would be the abilities then? First and Second? First and third? If it's first and second, then why not just say "list two abilities" rather than catagorizing them as main or secondary? If it's first and third... there's a whole other set of problems there that should be evident without explaining.
To be honest, I have no clue. I think you have a point involving second most voted on in each category being a problem and fixed it in the OP.

Rough Skin's not there...
Forgot about that but I kinda assumed no one but a small few actually like the ability.

I'm a bit suprised core temp didn't make it in, it seemed like a perfectly logical ability. All whining aside...

Battle Armor
Pressure

To be honest, I have no clue. I think you have a point involving second most voted on in each category being a problem and fixed it in the OP.
I don't quite see the answer in the OP, but is it now basically "two most voted on abilities" rather than most voted on per catagory?

I don't quite see the answer in the OP, but is it now basically "two most voted on abilities" rather than most voted on per catagory?
Yes...what more do you want? If your problem is on how he fix a winner for Main and Secondary ability then I think "two most voted on" would solve that nicely.

Intimidate
Greenhouse

Intimidate really is useful for almost anything, especially for a bulkier attacker like Woodman. And it does fit, seeing as Woodman is a large reptile man with cannons and fire spewing out of him. And of course Greenhouse does seem very interesting and I don't really think its broken.

I can't tell how useful Rock Head will be, and most of the other abilities aren't really that interesting to me.

Greenhouse
Leaf Guard

Sorry to the folks in the Rock Head and Battle Armor corner. They're just so Boring! I really want to see Sunny Day teams in OU, I think it's worth testing Greenhouse out, it may well be broken but we just won't know till we try it.

Leaf Guard woop woop for scooping out a slot for Sunny Day on this thing's moveset should Greenhouse prove too risqué.

The reason i'm advocating against Auto-Sun is that any Auto-weather with such benifits as that is just too overpowered. Intimidate too, is just overpowered, as X-Act said.

Voting for Battle Armor and Heatproof. No auto-sun please, we should leave that for another CAP project that focuses on weather changers from the start IMO.

Rock head

Sniper

i want no downside Flare blitz and wood hammer or leaf blade and blaze kick abuse

Yeah Heatran will see a popularity boost because of Woodman whatever ability he has, as long as Sunny Day is viable on him Heatran will get used more too.

All that's needed to end the sweep is to bring out TTar, Hippo, a rain dancing 4x fire resisting Kingdra or some other rain dancer. Or just wait out the 5 turns of sun with Wishporeon. OR get a pressure poke to quickly sap the Fire Blast PP. Or bring out another fire poke. Or bring out Ninjask protect/sub till the sun is gone then pass to someone with Rock/Ground combo like Rhyperior. I can still think of lots of ways to take Woodman and Heatran down.

There is, but that's the reason why we're not giving it auto sun. SpecsTran Flashfire Sun FB just abouts fucks everything up. And if you've got to significantly adapt your team to counter it, then it's not balanced =\

Yeah Heatran will see a popularity boost because of Woodman whatever ability he has, as long as Sunny Day is viable on him Heatran will get used more too.

All that's needed to end the sweep is to bring out TTar, Hippo, a rain dancing 4x fire resisting Kingdra or some other rain dancer. Or just wait out the 5 turns of sun with Wishporeon. OR get a pressure poke to quickly sap the Fire Blast PP. Or bring out another fire poke. Or bring out Ninjask protect/sub till the sun is gone then pass to someone with Rock/Ground combo like Rhyperior. I can still think of lots of ways to take Woodman and Heatran down.
You do realize you can attack with this guy's STAB'd grass attacks in the sun too, right? Because many of your suggestions are weak to grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)