CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 7 (Art Selection Poll)

Which art should we use for our Pokemon?

• Elagune

Votes: 115 46.0%
  • Cartoons!

Votes: 72 28.8%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • KoA

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • pyrrhocorax

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Moft

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Hazmat

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Blu

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Nopie

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, now that this poll is over. Where does the process go from this point on? Is Woodman going to be candidate now, or does something else happen? I'm not quite sure on how the process works just yet.

Good work to all those who submitted. I don't want to say anything else for fear of sounding like a braggart, but I enjoyed most of your pieces.

Good work to CyzirVirsheen, whose piece of work I found to be the most Pokemon-like out of all of the submissions and something that I honestly expected to get most of the votes. I would've loved to see it coloured.

Great picture from DougJustDoug, which put a spin on an idea that everybody thought of that boosted it above the rest. I enjoyed how ghostly-looking it was, and I believe that your loss was due only to the typing and the bulky builds. As a special attacker, it looks very formidable.

KoA's is, of course, great. Instead of taking my boring way of simply combining wood and lizard, you took something from mythology that had not been yet adapted into a Pokemon and ran with it. This too, I would've loved to have seen coloured.

pyrrhocorax's was also a favourite to win at the early stages, and I could see why. The meticulous detail and the strong imagery really brings to mind the essence of flowing magma. It is a very thoughtful concept.

Moft's is inventive, and the character of the concept is great. With a little better art, I know this could've been a great attention-grabber. If it was also released a bit earlier, then it could've been noted more.

Hazmat, I believe your Mexican is a great image, but it suffered from the same problems as Mofts. Otherwise, I believe it to be a funny and inventive concept. I also really enjoyed your newer version.

Blu's is, of course, very well-drawn. If it was coloured and presented earlier, and was made a larger size, I believe that it would catch the attention of the thread-viewers more.

Nopie, your stegosaurus is great. I enjoyed it very much, and since it is based off a stegosaurus like my own Gentle Giant (which regrettably did not make it into the polls), I have a soft spot in my heart for it. Like many of the others on here, I would've loved to see it coloured.

Tyranitar.armaldo, I regret that your submission was taken in by Gothic Togekiss, but believe me that I saw it and thought highly of it. It deserved as much a place on this poll as any of the other designs, and all I could say is I hope you have better luck next time.

And as for Cartoons!, I still don't know what's going to happen from here on, so I'm not going to say anything. But I will say that your art is superior to all the other submitters, including myself. Also, try as I might, I don't think I'll ever match up to your Easytooning skills. Mad pr0ps.

There, my comments.

So, now that this poll is over. Where does the process go from this point on? Is Woodman going to be candidate now, or does something else happen? I'm not quite sure on how the process works just yet.
I have a good feeling that Woodman moves on and become the official design for CaP #3 pokemon. We need a new name for him though.

I have a good feeling that Woodman moves on and become the official design for CaP #3 pokemon. We need a new name for him though.
Hmm, doesn't everybody vote together on this too? I distinctly remember something in the Revenankh threads about this. There were a couple rather good ones, and one Japanese one that stuck out in my mind. Don't remember now though.

Well just throwing a possible name out here: Lizartree

Yes lame name, but we do have an ape creature called "Infernape" (Inferno + Ape)

so Lizard + Tree (based on the bark portion of it's body) seems to fit.

Although I am sure we can find a much better name.

Arbanon (Arbour + Canon)?
Verdanna (Verdant + Goanna + Font :D)?
I know the names aren't very goood, but... eh.

Hmm, doesn't everybody vote together on this too? I distinctly remember something in the Revenankh threads about this. There were a couple rather good ones, and one Japanese one that stuck out in my mind. Don't remember now though.
Are you referring to how we choose a name for it?

BTW, Mortree? = Mortar + Tree

Gunanna = Gun + Goanna.

Are you referring to how we choose a name for it?

BTW, Mortree? = Mortar + Tree

Gunanna = Gun + Goanna.
Yes, that's the one.

Although that Mortree bit sounds a bit too much like Magmortar for me. I know there is a bit of heavy resemblance, but apparently so far it reminds people too much of Grovyle and Sudowoodo already, heh.

What's a Goanna?

This sounds cheesy as all hell, but I actually did learn a lot from this thread. I'll be changing how I draw and submit my art for the next go-round.

As for names:

Thrusguana
Liznition
Thales
Blastimander

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I learned that I will send in my colored works of art sooner to GT. Did you even see the colored version I posted , btw? x)

It is with the process of this CaP that I learned to color and I am grateful for that. It was the step my art needed to ascend.

Also, I was dead serious about the sprite thing. You whippersnappers won't be dethroning me yet! >;o

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
BTW, wouldn't it be prudent to have another poll for Deer and Woodman? Deer showed a pretty powerful late surge in voting. It is also within 20% of Woodman's votes. Woodman didn't get>50% votes either.

BTW, wouldn't it be prudent to have another poll for Deer and Woodman? Deer showed a pretty powerful late surge in voting. It is also within 20% of Woodman's votes. Woodman didn't get>50% votes either.
For all the reasons I stated in #251, I don't see why we need one.

I learned that I will send in my colored works of art sooner to GT or to the next topic leader. Did you even see the colored version I posted , btw? x)
yes I actually saw. The coloring is great though the flame could have been worked on more.

It is with the process of this CaP that I learned to color and I am grateful for that. It was the step my art needed to ascend.
Wait, you didn't know how to color or didn't know how to color witin the lines? :naughty:

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Didn't color period.

I learned it all on the fly during this art poll.

sidenote-A strike against Woodsman it will be a noob magnet,It will draw the same people who like to put 6 most powerful pokes on their team or person who puts blaziken,inferape,charizard on their team because they look cool.
Don't worry, the people who do that won't be able to see Woodman, as they're too hand-e-capped to download and install its sprites.

And no, not another poll, lol. Woodman got the most votes, it's the winner. I see no reason to give the second place a second chance or anything. That wasn't what I signed up for here.

Well just throwing a possible name out here: Lizartree

Yes lame name, but we do have an ape creature called "Infernape" (Inferno + Ape)

so Lizard + Tree (based on the bark portion of it's body) seems to fit.

Although I am sure we can find a much better name.
Just because Gamefreak/Nintendo gives us lame names to work with doesn't mean we have to play along. These are the same geniuses that gave us "Seel". We can do better than that.

-its style for some reason it dosnt seem like a pokemon but then again is like a fire grovyle in cannons
Woodmans has a slight similarity with head of grovyle that is it,but when you consider that they both reptiles who cares.I mean cartoons "deer" has antlers and hoofs therefore it looks like Stanler.

Thrusguana
Liznition
Thales
Blastimander
Blastimander,I am going to take out the "i".Blastmander yeah that sound like something Nintendo would name it.I don't know if that is good thing

One slight problem; we already have charmander...
No it would be a problem if we called it chamander,blastmander is a different name.Beside i was not serious like mekkah said just because GF/Nintendo is lazy does not mean we have to be the same too.

I love how people are saying that we need another poll becase Woodman is "only" winning by 20%. It's 20%! That's more of a landslide than any first poll in CAP history (granted that's only two, but it's still a big margin)! Also saying it has less than 50% is a stretch too. It has 46% which is very close.

For a name, I suggest Volmodo (Volcano + Komodo) or Komodree (Komodo + Tree)

Also, this may seem a bit premature, but seeing as Leaf Storm probably won't be going on Woodman, how do you guys feel about Seed Flare?

Also, this may seem a bit premature, but seeing as Leaf Storm probably won't be going on Woodman, how do you guys feel about Seed Flare?
It makes about as much sense. The difference is that Seed Flare is infinitely better to the point of being overpowered, not to mention it's Shaymin exclusive and should stay so.

So that'll be a "no thanks".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)