CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 7 (Art Selection Poll)

Which art should we use for our Pokemon?

• Elagune

Votes: 115 46.0%
  • Cartoons!

Votes: 72 28.8%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • KoA

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • pyrrhocorax

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Moft

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Hazmat

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Blu

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Nopie

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think a run-off poll isn't truly needed here since it's clear that the majority want Woodman. Doing a run-off poll would probably satisfy those who want a more clearer cut winner for one reason or another.
With all due respect, I don't think you can get much clearer than what it is now. It's almost a 20% lead with nearly 50% of all votes. It's the equivalent to Barrack Obama running against Ralph Nader for president.

I just dug up some old threads and the farthest 2nd has been away from first to force another poll is 10% (The second Syclant poll). The farthest 2nd was to first to force another poll with Revenankh was ~6%, so with an overwhelming ~20% lead, I think this one is safe to call.
This is probably the best argument available for not doing a run-off.

It's been brought up, and I agree. Then for an attacking ability that doesn't break him: Rock Head. (Even though it's technically wood, it's close enough. Not advocating a new ability just to make it slightly more accurate *cough* White Smoke *cough*)
Rock Head makes it broken? how please? Hell Revenankh gets Shed Skin + Rest for crying out loud. Wait lets not forget about Syclant getting Mountaineer to avoid 50 percent damage each switch in. SO Syclant can avoid 50 percent damage and not be broken, while Leonin can avoid to take minor recoil damage and yet it is broken. Hhhmm, great logic, i love it, bravo!

With all due respect, I don't think you can get much clearer than what it is now. It's almost a 20% lead with nearly 50% of all votes. It's the equivalent to Barrack Obama running against Ralph Nader for president.
Yes..I'm aware. When I statement about doing a secondary poll and it satisfying people whom want a clearer cut decision, I want making a general statement. I did said that the majority shown here wanted Woodman to win and that a second poll isn't all that needed here.

Rock Head makes it broken? how please? Hell Revenankh gets Shed Skin + Rest for crying out loud. Wait lets not forget about Syclant getting Mountaineer to avoid 50 percent damage each switch in. SO Syclant can avoid 50 percent damage and not be broken, while Leonin can avoid to take minor recoil damage and yet it is broken. Hhhmm, great logic, i love it, bravo!
Calm yourself and read. I said Rock Head is an ability that isn't broken.

But wow, way to go ballistic on something that wasn't even said. Bravo.

So................

This is decided, before I even got to see the thread, right? Anyways, is there anything really important that I missed? (I'm probably going to read what I missed anyways, but I still feel like asking.)

So................

This is decided, before I even got to see the thread, right? Anyways, is there anything really important that I missed? (I'm probably going to read what I missed anyways, but I still feel like asking.)
Not really. Just arguments for and against Elagune's "Woodman" and Catoons!'s Elk.

Here is a second version of my chile idea. Pen and pencil, no sharpies.

He's also looking a lot more agressive. I figured I'm not going to get anywhere my making him look cute and colorful -- So I tried to make him look as asskickingly badass as possible.

I just dug up some old threads and the farthest 2nd has been away from first to force another poll is 10% (The second Syclant poll). The farthest 2nd was to first to force another poll with Revenankh was ~6%, so with an overwhelming ~20% lead, I think this one is safe to call.
Well, there's 60 people who's votes are basically null and void. If enough of those people would have voted for Cartoon's, then a majority actually wouldn't have been appeased.

Well, there's 60 people who's votes are basically null and void. If enough of those people would have voted for Cartoon's, then a majority actually wouldn't have been appeased.
First of all, why exactly are they null and void?

Secondly, if that were true, then it would be closer, but the fact is, those people didn't vote for Cartoons!'s. Hypothetically, if all the people that didn't vote for Woodman had voted for the Elk, then it would have won, but they didn't so it doesn't matter.

And what would be the odds of, out of 59 voters, at least 53 of them would vote for the Elk? Not very high.

And I agree with Tsukikage (Moon Shadow?), saying null and void isn't the best way to phrase that statement.

I love that picture, but you're a bit late here.

If you had submitted that before this poll, I so would have voted for it.
Winning isn't really why I made a new drawing of my concept. Frankly, I was so embarassed about how the first turned out I had to make it up to myself.

Honestly though, I thought more peope would have liked the idea of a western-style chile pepper. I guess the stats didn't really suit him (he looks a little more physical than special).

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Actually, I really liked the first drawing, and I think it would have fit our Pokemon very well!

It's just that, after seeing the race between Cartoons! and Elagune, I decided I had to help out the underdog of that race. x( (That and I was disappointed about the whole Gentle Giant incident.)

Okay, on the redo-ing the polls to see who really won:

Whoever starts to win in the first few hours of the first poll usually wins. Running off options really only mattered once, on Syclant's Base Stats (+/- 2 votes for the front runners). Unless another poll is that close, I'm starting to think we don't need secondary polls.

I for one voted for CyzirVisheen's chilimonster. I would vote for the Cannon dude. The 60 odd people who did not vote for the front runners are 25% of the total. .........................

I don't know where I'm going with that, but the point still stands. The front runner has won all follow up polls, except for when it is too close for there to be a front runner (within 5 votes of each other).

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Is it just me or does the Woodman's percentage slowly (VERY slowly) decrease every few minutes? :S

@ Hyra: Elagune's drawing (Woodman), got a huge amount of its votes in the first hour, putting far ahead of the others, so...

@ Dane: Didn't notice. :x I'm really only paying attention to Elagune's votes at this point.

For some reason a lot of new votes are coming in, but mostly all to the minotiry options. I think the top 2 have only gotten 1-2 more votes in the last few hours. If you notice the Elk's has also gone down.

i really think a second poll is in order...

woodman vs. stag. plain and simple.

its less than an 18 point difference at the moment...it's worth another poll. especially since this poll came so soon, give cartoons and elagune a day to come up with a more finalized art if they want, then shoot it into a poll. that way there's no bickering.

this has been the most bicker-ridden project yet. and that's in no way GT's fault. it's the democratic process.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Looks like I better get started on my sprites for the Elk and/or Woodman.

I may not have won in the art, (lol came in third with 17 votes :&) but I do not plan on relinquishing my undefeated streak with the sprites!

A poll is a poll; I don't think it needs to be redone. The best thing is just to move on and keep on walking, one foot forward at a time. The current winner, Woodman, is pretty clear-cut as it stands and it would be a huge disservice to them to take a perfectly fair and legit poll and throw it out so someone else can win. I would be pissed if I was Elagune and had my shoes taken out right from under me. This isn't Florida, there are no hanging chads, and if people felt bad about how they voted -- they can take a good lesson from this and vote when they are...

...more sure about their decision?

Bleh, I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

I havent really participated in this project but i have been readin the posts and voted for cartoons...i think the deer deserves to win and this is why:
-it looks more defensive(specially the 2nd one)
-its original(the idea of a fire bambi is just to great lol)
this is why i dont like woodman so much:
-its style for some reason it dosnt seem like a pokemon but then again is like a fire grovyle in cannons
-it looks to ofensive and more to the physical side
-I actually think woodman will be faster even than the deer because of its fire looking cannnons that look like it can charge him on
-woodman was posted first than cartoons and alot of people just take the idea of seeing an awsome well drawen pokemon without taking in consideration other designs and how much the stats coordinate with the art

voted cartoons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)