CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 7 (Art Selection Poll)

Which art should we use for our Pokemon?

• Elagune

Votes: 115 46.0%
  • Cartoons!

Votes: 72 28.8%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • KoA

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • pyrrhocorax

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Moft

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Hazmat

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Blu

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Nopie

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since everyone that I asked for told me that they're not ready with their stat submissions, I decided to post the art selection poll instead. I'm aware the title says Part 7 when they're a closed thread with the same name on it, but that thread was fluke via me mis-clicking the submit button. When this is over and I have everyone's stat spreads, I'll ask Doug or Max to open and possibly rename the thread.

Anyway as the name implies we're here to select an artwork that will represent our Fire/Grass creature. Most of the info so far about it is here:

Code:
Type: Fire/Grass
Style: Balanced
Offensively Built: Special
Defensively Built: Mixed/Balanced defenses.
Speed: Between 60 and 110, or medium to fast speed.
Doesn't evolve from any previous Pokemon
The names listed in the actual poll are in the same order as the picture shown below. Please take your time and choice wisely, the fate of out newest Pokemon lay in your heads.

WOODMAN FTW 3rd Post!

I was actually going to post a tree nymph design almost exactly alike, but his was mine but better. So a slight bias here.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Hmm, I'm genuinely worried in this poll. There's so much talent out there that I fear the worst D:

Well, if worst does happen, I still have my 2-0 title to defend at the spriting section. >:D

Also, I'll refrain from voting for now until I'm done wrapping things up on my end.

WOODMAN, I choose you!

But yeah, I think its going to be a competition between Woodman and the Deer. Well thats what it seems like from the previous thread.

fuck shit damn. i loved the gentle giant so much. i guess i should have vouched for it more.

and voted for cartoons's dear. because i think it deserves some love.

IMO Cartoons did a great job; the sympathy vote means nothing to the artist and only discourages them. However woodman got there first and got heaps of backers behind it, plus it fits the spread more.

Voting for Elagune's. It's been said plenty of times, but it's an absolutely excellent piece or art, and it really looks like it could be an actual Pokemon.

aki...it's not a sympathy vote. i'm voting for it because i like the design. yes, i think the woodman is great, but we DONT have a spread yet, so how can it fit more? the deer is original and creative, and i'm voting for it because i like it.

Most spreads are bulky, and if we're using this piece submitted then base 60 speed dosen't fit well.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I was going to vote Elagune's...until I saw the awesome piece of art that was Nopie's.

Just expand upon its proportions and you have exactly what I envision from a very bulky, high special attacking, low Speed fiend.

Elagune's, unfortunately, gives me a Speedy feeling as well, along with more of a physical feel.

Ah, Gothic Togekiss. Would it be too much to ask to include the picture that I made of Woodman's back into the first post, please?

As for the voting results, I'm a little scared of commenting. I'll talk when this all ends, but right now I'm simply a bit too nervous.

cartoons' got my vote based on concept/originality. Could look a bit more like a pokemon, but that can be done in the spriting phase I guess. cool art though

I really love phyrrhocorax's lava serpent. I truly do. So, despite how awesome other designs are... I'm voting it, because it's even more awesome, if that's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)