CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 6.5 (BST Spillover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3HKO? Yeah, this won't stand against Tyranitar at all. Stone Edge from a CBTar destroys it.
The 3HKO with no investment at all shows that Tyranitar cannot repeatedly switch in on this thing, not that Woodman should stay out and take on Tyranitar one on one. If Woodman couldn't do squat to Tyranitar at all, then perhaps there was more of a point in using its inferior attack stat for a huge surprise, but Woodman does just fine wearing down Tyranitar.

Anyway, is this topic gonna get closed down soon or what?

The 3HKO with no investment at all shows that Tyranitar cannot repeatedly switch in on this thing, not that Woodman should stay out and take on Tyranitar one on one. If Woodman couldn't do squat to Tyranitar at all, then perhaps there was more of a point in using its inferior attack stat for a huge surprise, but Woodman does just fine wearing down Tyranitar.
But the problem here is that Woodman doesn't do squat period unless he predicts the switch, in which case he has to get out regardless. Same deal for a double switch. You can't wear Tyranitar down when you can't stay in on him for a single turn. You can't consider him reliable at all in this situation because the only way you can dent Tyranitar is to predict it coming in.

It's the exact opposite with a Physical Woodman. Unless Tyranitar predicts the switch and drops a Stone Edge, he's definitely out of there. The somewhat-surprise factor helps to actually get the kill, but the fact of the matter is that Physical Woodman can totally shut Tyranitar down with some careful switching.

HEY! I sent my spread in a while ago. No changes either, although Aldaron + Mekkah basically recreated it but slower. Which is the entire reason I didn't post it, but whatever.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wait Hyra, if you feel that Mekkah's and my spread was pretty much like yours, (a little less bulk and more speed iirc), would you be more comfortable if we also collaborated?

I'm not a fan of splitting votes...as potentially "Democratic" that may be :P

Aldaron, I have 80 speed, and that's something I want to keep. I know you and Mekkah would never go that high. But honestly, I'll guess I'll just post the spread.

123 HP / 61 Atk / 104 Def / 91 SAtk / 86 SDef / 80 Spe

I still feel we need a higher speed option, just because we have the range and although it seems like a lot has been said for low speed, you and Mekkah have said most of it. The Speed poll was evenly split between High and Medium, so I feel at least one option should go into the High range (yes, High was 90-110, but that really makes this guy too good).

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
I think it's because they can't afford it at this point or else they risk the other stats, and also the round numbers are nice. :x It's not really making THAT much of a difference, and the spread is fine as it is, in my opinion.

Could always just bold, standard font size the spreads themselves, and then the quoted descriptions could be in a lower font. Like this:

### / ## / ## / ## / ## / ##
Jibber jabber
Jabber jabber jubba
zip zap zoop
Zing zang thwap

I think it's because they can't afford it at this point or else they risk the other stats, and also the round numbers are nice. :x It's not really making THAT much of a difference, and the spread is fine as it is, in my opinion.
Would any of the calcs be thrown off balance if, say, a point was taken from Defense and Special Defense?

That little increase really does make a difference versus Tyranitar, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)