CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 6.5 (BST Spillover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting several complains that the BST options had too big of a numberial gap in them so I decided to make a semi-spillover thread for the winning BST: 526 - 545. This is going to be an one day, bold poll thread between the following:

526-535 and 536-545

Now, good luck and let's act like civilized men or women.

Edit: Did I mention that the speed range for this Pokemon is from 60 to 110. It's a huge range but it make both Medium and Fast supporters happy.

Edit: The Winner is 536-545

Futuresuperstar
Aki
Aldaron&Mekkeh
Dane
Latinoheat
Time Mage
Deck Knight
Hyra
Hit4Three
Fishin

536-545

Recalculated my BST and it's 541, and since it's easier to add 4 than remove 6 I'm changing my vote to 545.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
536-545

115 HP / 75 Atk / 102 Def / 106 SpA / 83 SpD / 60 Spe

I outlined why I choose this spread in that last thread, but I'll make a few summary points:

1.) High HP is necessary for maximizing efficiency on the defenses if we want it to be mixed defensively.

2.) Special Attack > Attack was voted on by the community

3.) It's a pretty unique spread, though anything with this much bulk and special attack NEEDS LOWER SPEED otherwise it could very well end up broken with its offensive STAB.

I liked the slightly off topic conversation we had going in the last thread about possible Stall type abilities for this Pokemon, and I would like to continue it a bit here.

I'm still 100% supporting Karrot's idea of Pressure, though Flame Body or Battle Armor (basing this off of a few designs) all are possible as well.

/vote 526-535!

I don't know, I feel like making something in this range.

Did Fast or Medium win the poll?

Those three are my prefered defensive abilities as well. Especially Battle Armor if Woodman wins the art.

With the same art, I like Rock Head for an offensive ability. It allows a niche theme while not making it ridiculously powerful.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm hoping the people who Gothic Togekiss asked to submit threads do so quickly, so that we can run some basic analysis on them.

By analysis, you mean like X-Act's quality checker? If so, I plan on having that already done when I submit it. Though if this thread doesn't sway towards 535 I'll have to make a second distribution, second set of calcs, etc and submit both, so that whichever wins can be used.

Either way, mine will be done by tomorrow afternoon.

I'm hoping the people who Gothic Togekiss asked to submit threads do so quickly, so that we can run some basic analysis on them.
I'll do all this when I know what BST range this guy is in. Since I can get speed to 90, I'm probably going to do that, just because I love it when people let there Salamences get slept/HP Ice'd by my Roserade.

Aldaron

geriatric
O, btw Hyra, I got 559 for your spread with Speed up to 94, not 459, lol.

559 and 562 (Syclant) are very similar, and this has arguably better STAB than that does.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
526-535

The lone voice of dissent.

Seriously, we're 2 for 2 so far for 545+ Pokemon. Lets be original for once.

526-535 - does he really need any more than that?

Working on my base spread, along with everything else (moves, flavor, etc. etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)