CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 1 (Main type)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, charcoal is no longer a plant, it's just carbon. Charcoal would fit better to Rock/Fire, actually.

I'm picturing the chili pepper as this, in red:

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'd have to vote for STEEL TYPE as the pokemon games need more steel types like Lucario;) And also like Forretress but equal in both its' defenses so it can actually take a hit as Forretress can only take physical hits. Also it needs to have good attacks and a good purpose as forretress has only one purpose and that's to set up spikes then explode when its' done its' job.
*Cough* Bronzong *Cough*

Okay, so maybe Bronzong has a pretty similar physical movepool. But, is there much more needed?

The problem is, charcoal is no longer a plant, it's just carbon.
Bleh. You have me there. But I'd still like some kinda burning wood thing over the hedgehog and chile pepper suggestions. =P

I always figured it was an ant-eater (which is what an echidna is).
I alway imaged him being based on an elephant shrew but it seems that your hunch on Cyndaquil was right because based on Wiki and Bulbapedia, He is based on an echidna. Also Typhlosion is based on Wolverines..thought I thought it was a fat, tailless ferret.

I don't really like the idea of a porcupine/hedgehog/prairie dog--all seem too Shaymin/Cyndaquil-esque. I'll state again how awesome a Sunflora evo would be

1. Adds the "Includes New Evolutions" aspect to the CaP project, which has been tossed around.

2. Sunflora sucks--honestly it is a poke people just forget exists, I'd like to change that :toast:

3. Its descriptions have so much to do with the sun and photosynthesis, what if it could harness it and be some kind of flaming plant of death? >=D

I alway imaged him being based on an elephant shrew but now that I look him up I realized that your hunch on Cyndaquil was right and that it is based on an echidna. Also Typhlosion is based on Wolverines..though it was a tailless ferret.
I always thought that about Typhlosion too.

But hey now, a REAL (fake) Wolverine, with clawns like blazing vines, and pointed flames for fur (think Jolteon with fire).

I would definitely vote Grass/Fire, there's a lot you can do with that. And Aki, you seem to be implying Fire is a type that stifles creativity...why? There is a lot you can do to interpret a Fire type. Merely going "I can't see anything coming out of it" is only going to decrease morale.
There are indeed limitless possibilities for a fire type, for that matter, any type. I just cannot see what role this new fire type will be fufilling until at least the secondary type. What i can see happening is a totally new role if people put their heads together; Breaking outside the mold of Sweeper/Wall/Annoyer would be good. What i'm trying to imply is that within the Sweeper/Wall/Annoyer mold I cannot see what role this fire type will be fufilling That will Actually work and has not already been filled.

I cannot see what role this fire type will be fufilling That will Actually work and has not already been filled.
i like the idea of beating bulky waters, grounds AND steels. nothing really does that right now.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ahh, GT brings up a relevant point...Shaymin is a hedgehog :(

As cool as a hedgehog would be, I have to call the originality card and ask that the idea be scrapped; I recognize that Gamefreak has repeated "animals" before, but I'd prefer we stay as original as possible.

Again, I am assuming that Grass / Fire is going to win, but even so, what other ideas are there?

Pepper, Porcupine still stand. Anything else?

EDIT: Btw, about your points Dane, I would prefer the grass type body with the flaming hair, as opposed to vice versa. For the Porcupine idea, I could even see a signature move being developed from its "fiery spikes"

As a wall, sweeper or an annoyer? Wall gives it SR weak, which is bad (Think shuckle), Sweeper (Again, SR weak which sucks for a Choice set) or an annoyer (Won't be doing shit damage). I think we need to come up with a totally different role.

Honestly, it's impossible to get a role outside of "Sweeper", "Wall", and "Support". Why? Because those are the broadest terms possible to classify every Pokemon as, and as such there is no fourth option.

You need to get down to more specific roles in order to specify a team slot. For example: SubSeed.

An annoyer is just a sweeper that abuses either wall or support options to sweep easier, but often not as fast.

Honestly, it's impossible to get a role outside of "Sweeper", "Wall", and "Support". Why? Because those are the broadest terms possible to classify every Pokemon as, and as such there is no fourth option.

You need to get down to more specific roles in order to specify a team slot. For example: SubSeed.

An annoyer is just a sweeper that abuses either wall or support options to sweep easier, but often not as fast.
Instead of digging my own grave and trying to rebut that, i'm going to say i was wrong, but we should then look for a more specific role that has not been invented/fufilled.

What about some sort of flaming panda for Fire/Grass?
Cute, deadly... I proclaim it maultastic!

Instead of digging my own grave and trying to rebut that, i'm going to say i was wrong, but we should then look for a more specific role that has not been invented/fufilled.
Sounds good. Though it should be able to do classic roles too, it's important to be able to fill a new or unused niche.

Since Togekiss was invented ._.
paraflinchhax with sg is not a "class" of pokemon like "sweeper/wall", it's a specific strat, even if it is "annoying". dane is correct, sweeper wall and support are the classic archetypes.

like i said though, beating bulky steels/grounds/waters (skarm, bronzong, pert, forry, hippow, starmie, donphan, milotic, suicune, tar (kind of)) is something no one else can do atm. quite a wallbreaker. bliss switchins would be met with leech seed ?_?

Preferably focused. Either high attack and low special attack, or vice versa. Defenses rather balanced, so that he can take a hit but not necessarily shrug it off.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Fire/Grass would most likely fill the support and offensive sweeper roles. Reflect, Light Screen, and Leech Seed are all possibilities (Leech Seed is, of course, a necessity. Aromatherapy could be included, too, but that seems rather unlikely for a burning plant/animal). Fire/Grass would naturally towards the special side, although Flare Blitz or Wood Hammer are possibilities (personally, I'd rather not see it as special has better potential and balancing factors unless the idea of a physical grass type leaks).

And, to quote, Dane, it's stats would most likely be "either high attack and low special attack, or vice versa. Defenses rather balanced, so that he can take a hit but not necessarily shrug it off."

Steel/Ground/Water Walls:
Bronzong - Weakness Fire; both sides relatively equal bulk
Donphan - Weakness Grass; Defense heavily favored
Forretress - Weakness Fire; Defense heavily favored
Gliscor - Weakness Unfilled; Defense heavily favored
Gyarados - Weakness Unfilled; Ability favors Defense, Stats slightly favor Special Defense
Heatran - Weakness Unfilled; both sides relatively equal bulk
Hippowdon - Weakness Unfilled; Defense heavily favored
Jirachi - Weakness Fire; both sides relatively equal bulk
Metagross - Weakness Fire; Defense heavily favored
Milotic - Weakness Grass; Special Defense heavily favored
Scizor - Weakness Fire (lol); Defense favored
Skarmory - Weakness Fire; Defense heavily favored
Snorlax - Weakness Unfilled; Special Defense favored
Starmie - Weakness Grass; both sides relatively equal bulk
Suicune - Weakness Grass; both sides relatively equal bulk, CM favors Special Defense
Swampert - Weakness Grass; both sides relatively equal bulk
Tentacruel - Weakness Unfilled; Special Defense heavily favored
Tyranitar - Weakness Grass; both sides relatively equal bulk
Vaporeon - Weakness Grass; Special Defense heavily favored

Other Walls:
Blissey - Weakness Unfilled; Special Defense heavily favored
Celebi - Weakness Fire; both sides relatively equal bulk
Cresselia - Weakness Unfilled; Special Defense 10 base more bulk
Dusknoir - Weakness Unfilled; both sides relatively equal bulk

More walls on the steel/ground/water front favor defense over special defense, so perhaps this Pokemon should be Special Attack based?

I think that the panda idea is pretty good because we could model it to either the special or physical side, depending on what we choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)