CAP 4 CAP 4 - Art Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet you can make this look faster while also keeping it looking like a potential Thick Fat candidate as well as being defensive.

*click link* Sweet Jesus, are you sure that thing is cute? I have no doubt that a jumping spider could work for a poison/ground but god, I hate those things.

Hmm...well, we have bats, so what about our other favourite creature: Badger.

The fact is, a Badger sounds pretty neat, as the things are pretty speedy and rather resistant to hits in real life, not to mention that a badger can likely do anything.

There are actually many major differences between beavers and badgers.
Beavers are of the order rodentia and are aquatic herbivores, while badgers are of the order carnivora, along with bears, wolves, etc. Badgers are also tunnel-dwellers, which would make a lot of sense for a poison/ground Pokemon, although I loved the idea of a Mongolian deathworm.

Quilava is more badger than hedgehog or echidna to me.

As I am the one suggesting the Mongolian Deathworm, it should be up to me to justify it.

I am by no means an artist, but the mental image I have of this thing is a mongolian deathworm with some graboid (Tremors) and sandworm (Dune) mixed in. The sandworm teeth part wasn't a joke - if our fat red earthworm possesses a mouthful of teeth dripping with venom, we have Spikes or Toxic Spikes (And maybe Crunch, for those afraid of the Psychic weakness, getting down Gengar and the brittle Psychic types alike) justified already. Most snake/wormlike Pokemon (And even Shuckle) get access to Knock Off, so that's that as well.

Electric will be a "secondary" feature - we're focusing on the "earthworm" (Ground) and "incredibly poisonous" (Poison) aspects of the worm. However, like Charizard gets Dragon Dance and other Dragon moves due to its draconic appearance, we can use this to give the sandworm Electric moves - notably, Thunder Wave, and perhaps even Thunderbolt and Discharge to scare off Gyarados as a pleasant extra, or Reflect and Light Screen Electric types usually have.

Gravity and Trick Room will be a matter of flavor, as is Me First - do not forget this move, my friends, our Poison type will likely be fast. Magic Coat is feasible given the slime coat associated with worms. Rapid Spin is a bit trickier, but we can get away with it.

Encore, Wish, Heal Bell, Aromatheraphy, Psycho Shift and Perish Song are likely out of question, so take that in account as well.

It does not - apologies for not clarifying myself. However, the current BST suggestions feature rather high speeds (90 ~ 140) and it is generally agreed that it is going to be rather speedy.

Of course, this can all change - nothing's set in stone.

Back when I was supporting a Poison/Dragon, I was envisioning one of those monitor lizards...or is it a frilly lizard? It has something on its neck that they can open to make it look like a mane.

Back when I was supporting a Poison/Dragon, I was envisioning one of those monitor lizards...or is it a frilly lizard? It has something on its neck that they can open to make it look like a mane.
If Dragon makes some sort of comeback, then Intimidate on that Pokemon would be a viable option.

they are cute if you see them in person. they usually have really cool patterns, and they jump along your arm. it's very endearing...

Wow. I'm drawing right now, a spider.
I think if all goes according to plan it will be a great design.
But usually my art doesn't go according to plan which is why I don't draw so much anymore.
I'm horrible with repeat-drawing, and I'm bad at making things symmetrical.
If someone wants to edit my picture if I post it, then I honestly wouldn't mind.

By the way, the concept is a Poison/Ground Spider.
It has a face that looks like a flower, to lure its prey.
The eyes are all around it, with its "main" eyes (I'm planning) to be a different color. They look like petals around its mouth (which, to its victims, will look like the center of a flower where the pollen and such is).
It has mineral-like "protectors" on some of its legs to add to the defensiveness of this possible Pokemon.
What do you think so far?

Ongthatkid95 is that a utilility pokemon cuz it looks more like a balls out sweeper to me...but thats just my useless one-sided opinion.Great job.

No, it's just in a different stance.
I bet if it were on all of its legs it would look less like a sweeper.
I'm going to try to draw that tomorrow.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Atroyki, thats amazing. It looks more like a prevo though, so make one bigger and more badass with spikes and fangs. Just an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)