NU-
Finished:

WIP:

LC-
none yet

Ubers-
none yet

err this thread is strictly for zweilous discussion

anyway, one thing zweilous truly appreciates is free switch-ins. generally i use him alongside volt switch luxray. luxray forces a number of switches primarily to grass-types and can threaten zweilous counterss such as probopass with superpower. with intimidate, luxray can also help zweilous survive an attack on the switch if your opponent decides to stay in on the volt switch.

I'm going to revive this thread, because I've been using Zweilous a lot recently, and I've got quite a bit to say. I don't really understand why so few people are using Zweilous anymore. Yes, Hustle's accuracy drop sucks. However, it's still a great Pokemon. If anything, it has even MORE going for it right now, due to the abundance of Psychic-types, namely Shadow Tag Gothitelle. Additionally, it picked up a couple nice moves that it can put to great use, Superpower and Zen Headbutt. With this, there isn't many Pokemon that can safely deal with Zweilous, as Steel-types can get smacked with Superpower, while Fighting-types now have to look out for Zen Headbutt. I have to admit that the closest thing to a counter would probably be fast Fighting-types and Alomomola, especially since the latter can stall with Toxic, Wish, and Protect. However, with the right support, Zweilous can dominate, especially the Choice Scarf version. What do you guys think?

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to revive this thread, because I've been using Zweilous a lot recently, and I've got quite a bit to say. I don't really understand why so few people are using Zweilous anymore. Yes, Hustle's accuracy drop sucks. However, it's still a great Pokemon. If anything, it has even MORE going for it right now, due to the abundance of Psychic-types, namely Shadow Tag Gothitelle. Additionally, it picked up a couple nice moves that it can put to great use, Superpower and Zen Headbutt. With this, there isn't many Pokemon that can safely deal with Zweilous, as Steel-types can get smacked with Superpower, while Fighting-types now have to look out for Zen Headbutt. I have to admit that the closest thing to a counter would probably be fast Fighting-types and Alomomola, especially since the latter can stall with Toxic, Wish, and Protect. However, with the right support, Zweilous can dominate, especially the Choice Scarf version. What do you guys think?
Since you necro'd the thread already, I might as well respond to a legitimate post. Personally I feel that Fraxure is a better Pokemon to use than Zweilous. Fraxure can easily set up on Amoonguss or Alomomola with Taunt and just Dragon Dance away. With access to Low kick it really doesn't care about Steel- or Rock-types as, outside of Mawile, basically everything is hit by a 120 BP move. Access to Mold Breaker just makes this better as Fraxure really does not care about Probopass's Sturdy and can easily bring it down with a Low Kick. Fraxure also happens to have quite a decent speed tier for a DD'r as it manages to outspeed Swellow by 1 point with Jolly after a single Dragon Dance, truly impressive feat. In short Fraxure's similar bulk to Zweilous, ease in setting up, perfect accuracy, and speed overshadow Zweilous's higher attack and STAB coverage. Also Fraxure's main moves cannot miss, while Zweilous is banking on an 80% just do deal damage to the opponent.

The reason for inactivity for this thread is because Zweilous hasn't really found a niche for itself yet and is really held back by lack of Dragon Dance and Hustle. Fraxure, Shelgon, and Altaria being better Dragon-types Pokemon for breaking teams down doesn't really help much either.

I think Zweilous needs to stick with Choice Band. If you can hit like a nuke, why do anything else? Any other role is just outdone by the other Dragons we have.

Bulky Phazing is another job it can do just fine if you want it to. It can run a set like Serp's Coil+Dragon Tail parashuffle since it has access to Thunder Wave over Glare, and its Dragon Tail is a good deal stronger. It wouldn't have access to the recovery that most defensive pokemon crave, but it is an acceptable special tank with its typing and access to RestTalk, meaning pairing it with a nice cleric can help it get all kinds of residual damage on the opponent.

Zweilous @ Eviolite
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Def
Careful / Hustle

Dragon Tail (guess you could run Roar if hustle dragon tail was too inaccurate for you, but it's the whole point of the set).
Thunder Wave
Rest
Sleep Talk/Crunch

I think Zweilous needs to stick with Choice Band. If you can hit like a nuke, why do anything else? Any other role is just outdone by the other Dragons we have.
'

Hit like a nuke it does with CB, when the physical moves are in a mood to land that it is. Thank you, Hustle. -.-

I liked using Zweilous though. High risk, high reward type of poke IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)